We are running like a well oiled machine without Lebron
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: We are running like a well oiled machine without Lebron

Discuss.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Look at the opponents. Also Schroder and TBryant coming back has a lot to do with that. AD has also stepped up.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: We are running like a well oiled machine without Lebron

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Discuss.

People can say what they want as I know some people worship the ground LBJ walks on. But he is not the same player he was five+ years ago. But he still try’s to “lead” like he is. And I think players around him are timid and play with less intensity in fear of screwing up and him shipping them out (there is reason everyone calls him LeGM not just lakers fans). Additionally and this can not be denied, LBJ has been doing some serious stat chasing which can kill momentum.

Keep this thread going. Guarantee when he comes back, our scoring drops and we take some L’s quickly
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Look at the opponents. Also Schroder and TBryant coming back has a lot to do with that. AD has also stepped up.

Combination of many things.
But I still want Lebron playing.
Imagine the same team but Lebron replacing Pat.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers beat the Suns then this thread has legs but if they struggle against Booker and company then there is still a lot of work to be done.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If the Lakers beat the Suns then this thread has legs but if they struggle against Booker and company then there is still a lot of work to be done.

You don't think Lebron is playing after 12 days off?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You don't think Lebron is playing after 12 days off?

I think they are being careful with him… I dont see him coming back until maybe the 2nd game of the back2back vs the Spurs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

This team needs all the help it can get!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Our wins came against garbage. Lebron is not the problem…he needs to play better for sure, but this team minus Lebron isn’t better off long term.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I hear what you're saying. But, for me, it's less about wins/losses, and more about HOW the Lakers look in those wins/losses. When LeBron was playing, the Lakers were absolutely unbearable to watch. The defense was solid. However, the offense was putrid. The abnormally bad shooting, and ailing AD, were factors. But, a huge factor was LeBron himself. He's a ball stopper on offense. He dribbles...dribbles...dribbles some more. And, either settles for an ill-advised long range three. Or, tries to bully to the rim amidst a crowd.

It's clear that he can't beat his man off the dribble consistently, like he used to. He's taking bad shots, and shooting a poor percentage from three. Short sample size, yes. But, he's been horrible inefficient. I'm hoping that this time on the bench, and seeing that this team isn't as bad as people thought they were, he supports what's happening with his play. LeBron has to learn another way to dominate the game, opposed to how he's done so in the past.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers opening schedule was brutal, with the winnable games heading into the season being against Utah and Portland, who were both playing well.

Lebron's downtime coincides with the schedule getting weaker, and with the long 5 day rest, which wasn't coincidental. But it also coincides with some guys getting back who were out, and with AD hitting his stride, as well as the team having more time to play together.

The fact that they caught those teams on the second night of a back to back ,m certainly helps. That Simmons and Irving missed the Nets game, or that Poetl and Cade both missed action helps. But it also helps that the Spurs have lost 10 out of their last 11 games, and the Pistons have the worst record in the league, and that they were home games.

I think more realistically what has happened is that the team and staff has realized that feeding AD is their best way to win games. They've gotten him the ball on the move a lot more often. He's doing most of his damage inside, and is gobbling up rebounds in a way that he never has as a Laker.

Hopefully AD's resurgence will continue when Lebron returns. Russ seems to have figured out his role. Now Lebron will need to figure out his. But the next game is a big step up against the Suns. I'd imagine it will be a much tougher win, with or without Lebron.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Bron hasn’t played well all year essentially. We will see if that trend continues when he comes back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject:

We used to hear the same thing on LG about Kobe when he missed games.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Bron hasn’t played well all year essentially. We will see if that trend continues when he comes back

His shooting regression has really hurt us so far

If he can get back up to 33-35% from deep, then we'll be in a decent spot
#18 next...
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject:

Whoever said lebron replacing Pat bev is on to something.

BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:37 am    Post subject:

LeBum + 2 firsts for Miles Turner + Hield. Do it Mitch, I mean Rob
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject:

Lebron will come back and shoot 8 threes

and maybe make 25% of them

A couple of those threes will be pull ups from 35 plus feet cause Lebron is high IQ
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:04 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Lebron will come back and shoot 8 threes

and maybe make 25% of them

A couple of those threes will be pull ups from 35 plus feet cause Lebron is high IQ

...with 19 seconds on the shot clock

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject:

When Bron is back, I wanna see BReaves-Brown-Bron-Brow-Bryant, that’s size, shooting capable, defensive capable, rebounding capable, AD at the 4 starting unit. But that means WB($47)-PatBev($15)-LW($6)-Nunn-($6) aka 2 near young max salaries on the bench lol, epic talent misread
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject:

I haven’t seen them run the “stand around and watch LeBron take a step back 3” offense in a few games. It’s been nice
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject:

I am legitimately worried. AD is unleashed when Lebron is out. When Lebron is on the floor, everyone seems hesitant and the offense stop moving. Lakers also play too emotional when Lebron is out there, over-celebrating on routine plays. Mostly, our guards stop being empowered. Players like Walker and Reaves don't seem as aggressive.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

If AD keeps playing like this, i'd say shut lebron down.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I am legitimately worried. AD is unleashed when Lebron is out. When Lebron is on the floor, everyone seems hesitant and the offense stop moving. Lakers also play too emotional when Lebron is out there, over-celebrating on routine plays. Mostly, our guards stop being empowered. Players like Walker and Reaves don't seem as aggressive.

Don’t worry Bron air balling a step back 30 footer will be our first offensive option soon enough
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

Given how polarizing a player he is, it's hard to know when these are convenient shots or honest discussion. That said, I think it's a combination of LeBron's lack of rim pressure and us playing awful teams missing key players.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Given how polarizing a player he is, it's hard to know when these are convenient shots or honest discussion. That said, I think it's a combination of LeBron's lack of rim pressure and us playing awful teams missing key players.

The bad teams are helping the narrative. But the fact that James is a focal point of any team he steps on the floor with is unavoidable. The man is an icon and pretty damn good player still. Just not the same as he is slowing down as the wear and tear of 65K career mins are adding up.

Lebron-centric offenses have excelled for 20 yrs because of Lebron. As he slips, settles or slows down a step on drives it creates a problem. He is still Lebron F’n James. Still the man you give the ball to to run the offense. Still the focal point every time he steps on the court.

That will not change until he retires. Players will continue to defer to him. Fans and media will still see the legacy instead of the current reality. When he returns from this most recent rest, the flow will go back to the same old habits. Davis will be bum again and the James iso game will re-emerge. Hopefully he leaves the logo 3’s to the professional shooters at least.

The Lakers missed the opportunity to progress past this dynamic when they chose not to trade him last summer and gave him a max extension. Too late to correct this mistake now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: