*** Los Angeles Lakers @ San Antonio Spurs (11/26/22 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#18 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject:

We won, so I'm happy for that. But, I don't like some things in this game. Hamm has GOT to be better. I know he likes to play a drop coverage defense, on those pnr's. Pop/Spurs were taking advantage of that by wanting to get their guys in that middle space we were giving them, and scoring from there. And, the Spurs were successful with that. Hamm only made an adjustment to this, during the mid 4th quarter, by going to a switching defense. This slowed the Spurs interior scoring. Hamm has got to do a better job of in-game adjustments.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Wish Schroeder would’ve gone for 30.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pelinka looking like he got great value with the Schroeder/Bryant/Walker/Brown signings

Agreed…those guys give us a decent team with Reeves/Gabriel…and the way AD/LBJ are playing it’s time for anyone to stop saying there isn’t anything that can be done to win. We don’t HAVE to blow it up and go for the tank. It won’t help the team anyway the next two years without controlling our draft pics.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pelinka looking like he got great value with the Schroeder/Bryant/Walker/Brown signings

Agreed…those guys give us a decent team with Reeves/Gabriel…and the way AD/LBJ are playing it’s time for anyone to stop saying there isn’t anything that can be done to win. We don’t HAVE to blow it up and go for the tank. It won’t help the team anyway the next two years without controlling our draft pics.

Imagine if Nunn finds his shot too ...... it can still happen
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis (left calf contusion) is expected to return to the lineup Monday vs. the Pacers, sources told ESPN.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1596710733609201664?s=46&t=hnJFBLspbZSHDOq2NQ6QEA
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

And yay win!

sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Side note. If Christie isn't going to get any run with the parent team, he should be moved to the G-League, so he can get some time on the court, playing against competition.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

They needed both in San Antonio…but as other have alluded to, closing out with a 5 point win when this game was out of reach won’t translate against non-tanking teams and even against tanking teams that have more talent on the roster than the Spurs.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
We won, so I'm happy for that. But, I don't like some things in this game. Hamm has GOT to be better. I know he likes to play a drop coverage defense, on those pnr's. Pop/Spurs were taking advantage of that by wanting to get their guys in that middle space we were giving them, and scoring from there. And, the Spurs were successful with that. Hamm only made an adjustment to this, during the mid 4th quarter, by going to a switching defense. This slowed the Spurs interior scoring. Hamm has got to do a better job of in-game adjustments.

I have been concerned with a few things from coach as well, some line-ups combinations and substitutions of players that are hot while inserting some that are struggling…leaving some in too long and taking others out too soon.

Just hoping he learns from games and improves…not the least impressed with anything he has done…well…moving WB to the bench was impressive. On second thought, maybe I give him a pass for that…seemed the season turned on that decision.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Wasn’t Wenyen Gabriel also a FA signing or am I mistaken
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Last year
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject:

We have to be realistic…a win is a win and a win is a good thing but…we can’t play like that against just about any other team and win. A roster upgrade is necessary for both full team improvement and injury insurance.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Last year

Thanks for the correction
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

We have to be realistic…a win is a win and a win is a good thing but…we can’t play like that against just about any other team and win. A roster upgrade is necessary for both full team improvement and injury insurance.

Ham didn’t look too happy in presser and even mentioned that the shooting covered up for a lot, but obviously can’t depend on that…especially the not particularly good shooting Lakers lol.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Let me guess....

Midget + Midget 4 Giant.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

I mean, lets keep things in perspective. Darvin's got Westbrook contributing and a good locker room going. These things seemed all but impossible a month ago.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Not happy with Hamm’s rotation the last few games. I know Bron is back but he has pretty much limit Bryant. Bryant should have played 25+ minutes tonight.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA@NBA

👑 King James propelled the Lakers to the win, dropping 23 points in the 2nd half on his way to a season-high 39 points! #LakeShow

🔥 39 PTS | 11 REB
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

I mean, lets keep things in perspective. Darvin's got Westbrook contributing and a good locker room going. These things seemed all but impossible a month ago.

I feel you, and I'm keeping things in perspective. That's why when I criticize Hamm, I don't just trash him. I state what I see, and the possible corrections that could be made. Granted, I'm an armchair coach, like the rest of us here, so take that for what its worth, lol.

I know Hamm is a rookie head coach, and there's going to be ups and downs. The same you would have with a rookie player. You're learning i on the job. I like Hamm as our coach, and want him to succeed. Frustrates the hell out of me with the lack of playing time for Christie and Bryant. But, I'm gonna let that simmer...
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

It’s Darvin Ham.
Not Hamm.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Not happy with Hamm’s rotation the last few games. I know Bron is back but he has pretty much limit Bryant. Bryant should have played 25+ minutes tonight.

I actually thought he did a great job with the rotations. Bryant is more flashy than Gabriel but Gabriel seem to be more effective with his hustle plays and smart off ball movements
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
It’s Darvin Ham.
Not Hamm.

lol Oh snap, it really is! When I read this, I actually had to look it up, to make sure. I wasn't expecting anyone's last name to be spelled exactly like that of a meat byproduct...and a nasty one at that, too. But, my last name is that of a certain fish, so...those who live in glass houses.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers
    Crypto.com Arena • Los Angeles, CA | Monday, Nov. 28, 2022 / 7:30 PM PT

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=193273
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: