What are the chances that we are already in WW3?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: What are the chances that we are already in WW3?

I just visited Dachau today in Germany and learned alot about the sentiments that existed back in the day across Germany. Unfortunately, I find so many parallels between today’s society and that of Germany’s after WW1.

We have these resentments between race and class, rise of populism, and economic turmoil (both in the US and abroad).

This conflict in Ukraine doesn’t appear to be ending anytime soon. And I somewhat believe the US is happy to have this war drag on to drain Russia’s resources and resolve without risking American lives.

While there is unrest in Europe, there is tension in Asia of course. China continues to threaten Taiwan; our main allies (South Korea and Japan) in the region have never been further apart since Japan’s occupation; India continues to support Russia etc

In the Middle East, we have unrest in Iran; a powerful ruler in MBS who seemingly hasn’t chosen sides yet; and Israel seeing some drastic internal changes within the government (threat with Iran still there too).

Meanwhile, the US has a long list of its own internal problems, and it wouldn’t surprise me if our brilliant Congress members attempt to unite us through conflict overseas….

Let’s not forget little rocket man.

I’m assuming it will be:
-US, EU, Israel, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan versus
-Russia, Iran, China, India, North Korea

I’m thinking 50/50 odds honestly that we are already in WW3.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I don't think people are in a rush to sign up for the armed forces in this day and age. Even with a draft I could see it going as well as it is in Russia.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Few things. I think India is leaning more heavily towards who supports them and it wouldn't be with China or Russia. China has been a major adversary of theirs for a while and Russia is only useful for grain and gas which they can get from the US and other allies.

That leaves the unhinged leader of NK and Russia combined with the very intelligent leader of China vs a large part of the world. Russia is already demonstrating they can't fight their way out of a paper bag. That leaves us with China vs the world and China has no interest in losing it's growing power and dominance in the world just to prove they own Taiwan.

That's my simplified view and the rationale I use to reason that we don't end up with ww3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: