New US military choppaz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: New US military choppaz

Here are a couple of new, stealthier helicopters of the future. I think the Valor is a-go to replace the Black Hawk, but the Defiant X may still be in a selection or boondoggle phase. Any rate, our wonderful M/I complex has decided to upgrade the US family of choppaz whether they be full re-imaginings, upgraded legacy craft, or newly rebuilt legacy designs w/ updated guts/electronics (the Chinook, e.g.). One of the things they apparently wanted besides more streamlined helicopters were improvements in lifting capacity, higher altitudes, and speed. The term "compound helicopter" is pushed a lot in these vids, we're gonna hear that term a lot in coming years. Dual rotors, tilt rotors, rear propellers are, in Paris Hilton parlance, "hawt" things now.

Boeing/Sikorsky Defiant:

Bell Valor:

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: New US military choppaz

non-player zealot wrote:
Here are a couple of new, stealthier helicopters of the future. I think the Valor is a-go to replace the Black Hawk, but the Defiant X may still be in a selection or boondoggle phase. Any rate, our wonderful M/I complex has decided to upgrade the US family of choppaz whether they be full re-imaginings, upgraded legacy craft, or newly rebuilt legacy designs w/ updated guts/electronics (the Chinook, e.g.). One of the things they apparently wanted besides more streamlined helicopters were improvements in lifting capacity, higher altitudes, and speed. The term "compound helicopter" is pushed a lot in these vids, we're gonna hear that term a lot in coming years. Dual rotors, tilt rotors, rear propellers are, in Paris Hilton parlance, "hawt" things now.

Boeing/Sikorsky Defiant:

Bell Valor:

Not a fan of tilt-rotor birds. The V-22 Osprey is a widowmaker, so I'm not keen on the Valor.

From what I've read, the Defiant hasn't hit any of the targets (range/speed), but it looks cooler.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Good point about Osprey. The Osprey and Harrier jump jet are probably 1/2 in terms of pilot deaths per hours of operation for all US military aircraft of recent decades. Matter fact, I remember a segment on the Harrier in particular that showed its problems, at least in its earlier years. And yet the military wants to continue forward w/ VSTOL/directional thrust (as seen within the exorbitant F35 program) and tilt rotor designs.

The Bell Invictus looks intriguing as well, but you never know what's going to be approved and what's not. There have been many a solid machine costing tens of millions in treasure and thousands of hours of work by geniuses to design and create, but never got out of the prototype phase. Boondoggles as you like to call them.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: