🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Bills turn it over on downs. Bengals with the ball and can run clock down.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bengals dominating so far.

Has to be disappointing for Damar Hamlin.

Because of the weather, I gave the Bills an edge. Joe Kool is holding his own.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Bengals running game dominant. They can just run every down now, burn clock and advance to the AFC championship game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Bills out of timeouts.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Bengals spoiling the hopes of Bills and Chiefs fans hopes of dominating the conference.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject:

NFL betting lines typically give 3 points for home field advantage. Chiefs lost by 3 to the Bengals in Cincy, so with the conference championship being in KC, chiefs should be a 3 point favorite.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

The Maher misses are so hilarious.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

That was the same kicker as last week? I know it was a block instead of a shank, but still hilarious. Dallas does have a new kicker on the roster this week i think.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That was the same kicker as last week? I know it was a block instead of a shank, but still hilarious. Dallas does have a new kicker on the roster this week i think.

Yep. And he still would've missed it even if it wasn't blocked. He shanked it.
https://twitter.com/MrMatthewCFB/status/1617317965728485376
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

What a game today by the Bengals, they simply wanted it more. Joe Burrow might still actually be underrated, he is really good.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Losing Pollard brutal for Dallas...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the playoff run for the Cowboys stops here.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Cowboys only have a hail mary to save their season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

49ers vs the Eagles for the NFC championship game.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Based on the way the two teams played this weekend, I don’t see the Niners beating the Eagles.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Dak was terrible, and I thought that was the difference in the game. The 49ers weren't really able to impose their will on them offensively, and both defenses came to play. Dak's first INT gave the 49ers points, and his second one took points away from Dallas. There's the game right there. He just wasn't good enough, and with the ball with just under 3 minutes to go and needing a TD drive to have a chance to win the game, he goes 3 and out. And missed a wide open Gallup on the deep post with a terrible throw nowhere near him, really.

Props to Cincy, they really took it to Buffalo and controlled that game from the get-go. They have a real opportunity to beat KC again, with Mahomes not 100%.

Both lines opened at 1 or 1.5, though the Philly game has already been bet up to Philly -2.5. If you look at the Super Bowl odds right now, all 4 teams that are left are within +250 to +300. It's tight!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject:

SAS started FirstTake with an imitation of Pinky's shut-up scene from Friday After Next. He asked Irving a question and when he tried to answer it he'd say shut up. He did the Pinky walk to a T. He even had on a Pinky wig. Loved it.

Dak got his bag and has not earned it. He's a shell of the Dak he was before he broke his ankle. He used to use his legs, he doesn't do much of that anymore. I don't think he'll win Jerry a ring.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SAS started FirstTake with an imitation of Pinky's shut-up scene from Friday After Next. He asked Irving a question and when he tried to answer it he'd say shut up. He did the Pinky walk to a T. He even had on a Pinky wig. Loved it.

Dak got his bag and has not earned it. He's a shell of the Dak he was before he broke his ankle. He used to use his legs, he doesn't do much of that anymore. I don't think he'll win Jerry a ring.

obviously his TO's were up but are his numbers that bad?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

obviously his TO's were up but are his numbers that bad?

He's a good seasonal player. He's not good in the playoffs. Because of his salary he may be expected to be Aaron or Tom. IMO he's neither.

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
261 394 66.2 2,860 7.3 23 15 68 91.1
48 70 68.6 511 7.3 5 2 46 101.5
2185 3283 66.6 24,943 7.6 166 65 90 97.8

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

It's a shame for Dallas, they have a very good defense and excellent receivers. Dak looks like an overpay now - He is playing more like Derek Carr and not the upper division of the NFL's best quarterbacks.

But then again, Aaron and Tom I think are past their prime now too.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject:

So Frank Reich got the head coaching gig in Carolina, and the passed-over interim coach, Steve Wilks, has already signaled (through his legal representation) that he will complain about the NFL's racial discrimination as a result. Recall that Wilks was one of the plaintiffs in the Brian Flores lawsuit.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed in this, frankly. I'm a liberal. I recognize that minorities have gotten a raw deal when it comes to coaching/management positions in the NFL, or in life, for that matter, and we don't have to go into all of that. However, I'm sensitive to just lumping everything together when one minority doesn't get a certain gig. Look, Wilks was tabbed to take over for the fired Matt Rhule on an interim basis. He was not the head coach going into the season and this wasn't a firing. He was the interim coach. He's not entitled to anything. Now, did he do a decent job under the circumstances? Sure. But the Panthers went 6-6 under his watch. Let's not act like he went 10-2 or something, or got them to the playoffs, or wasn't in the pathetic NFC South this season. Given his overall body of work (one disastrous season as a head coach with Arizona before this interim gig), isn't it possible that the Panthers looked at his overall body of work, looked at Frank Reich's overall body of work, and decided that they simply didn't think it was a good idea to make a multi-year commitment to Wilks as their head coach, or, at least, believed that they had a better option? They chose Wilks to be the interim guy in the first place, by the way. If David Tepper or Panthers management has some racial bias, wouldn't they have just tabbed someone who wasn't African-American to be the interim guy? In fact, a former head coach is the OC there, Ben McAdoo. They would have been justified in going with him, but they went with Wilks for whatever reasons they thought he was the better choice. It's also worth pointing out that yes, Wilks got the axe after just one year as the head coach in Arizona, and though many are quick to say that a white man wouldn't get canned so quickly, uh, we just saw that happen with Hackett in Denver. Actually, I take that back. Hackett didn't even last the entire season. His stint was so disastrous that they got rid of him. But I digress.

I'll just close with this. Rich Bisaccia was in a very similar position last year with the Raiders. Interim coach that took over under tough circumstances, finishes the year actually getting the Raiders into the playoffs in a tough AFC West...and didn't get the gig. I think Wilks is gravy-training the issue of racial discrimination in the NFL (which is real, to be clear), as I think Flores did last year, and it doesn't sit well with me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject:

What doesn't sit well with me is that it's even an issue.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Agree Stu, saying that they wouldn’t hire you because of your skin color after them already hiring you despite your skin color doesn’t pass muster. I think that the Rooney Rule holds back minorities from coaching chances instead of helping, it makes a mockery of the issue. Most owners would hire a trained dancing bear if they thought it would lead to wins.

As for Sunday, gotta go with Philly and the Burrows.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Great matchups this weekend, it would be hard to argue that these aren't the four best teams over the course of the season.

My fearless predictions:

NFC

San Francisco +3 at Philadelphia

The 49ers haven't lost since October and I think look better offensively with Purdy than they did with QBs #1 and #2. They have a tremendous defense and adding McCaffery was a brilliant move.

That said, I am taking the Eagles here. They also have a really good defense and I think a more dynamic offense. Not to mention that they have a great home field advantage when playing at The Linc.

Should be a fierce contest, but I think the Eagles fly on to the Super Bowl here and I will give the points even.

AFC

Cincinnati +1 at Kansas City.

I have come to realize that going against Joe Burrow and the Bengals is at your own risk. These guys seem connected, the offensive line is playing better and as I have said before, I think Burrow might be underrated.

The Chiefs are very good and you know they are sick of hearing about losing to the Bengals a few times of late. Mahomes is a gritty competitor and a great player, Reid is the best offensive mind in football for a decade now and no team in my opinion gets more questionable calls in their favor.

That said, I feel like with Mahomes hobbled some with the ankle that he maybe won't be quite as effective as he would be otherwise. I think the Bengals have a better defense and Burrow is not scared, this guy is a gamer.

I am going to go with the Bengals here. Just seems like they are on the upswing and ready to make another statement.

As far as Carolina and Steve Wilks, I agree with Stu. While I would be pissed as a fan with the hiring of Frank Reich, I think a team needs to choose the coach they want, this is a big money business and they need to have that freedom of choice, head coach is a huge position obviously.

As others have pointed out, they didn't have to make Wilks the interim coach in the first place. I do think he did a very good job in his interim role, but interim is interim and to play the race card when the exact same thing happened to the Rich Bisaccia last season is weak.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Great matchups this weekend, it would be hard to argue that these aren't the four best teams over the course of the season.

My fearless predictions:

NFC

San Francisco +3 at Philadelphia

The 49ers haven't lost since October and I think look better offensively with Purdy than they did with QBs #1 and #2. They have a tremendous defense and adding McCaffery was a brilliant move.

That said, I am taking the Eagles here. They also have a really good defense and I think a more dynamic offense. Not to mention that they have a great home field advantage when playing at The Linc.

Should be a fierce contest, but I think the Eagles fly on to the Super Bowl here and I will give the points even.

AFC

Cincinnati +1 at Kansas City.

I have come to realize that going against Joe Burrow and the Bengals is at your own risk. These guys seem connected, the offensive line is playing better and as I have said before, I think Burrow might be underrated.

The Chiefs are very good and you know they are sick of hearing about losing to the Bengals a few times of late. Mahomes is a gritty competitor and a great player, Reid is the best offensive mind in football for a decade now and no team in my opinion gets more questionable calls in their favor.

That said, I feel like with Mahomes hobbled some with the ankle that he maybe won't be quite as effective as he would be otherwise. I think the Bengals have a better defense and Burrow is not scared, this guy is a gamer.

I am going to go with the Bengals here. Just seems like they are on the upswing and ready to make another statement.

As far as Carolina and Steve Wilks, I agree with Stu. While I would be pissed as a fan with the hiring of Frank Reich, I think a team needs to choose the coach they want, this is a big money business and they need to have that freedom of choice, head coach is a huge position obviously.

As others have pointed out, they didn't have to make Wilks the interim coach in the first place. I do think he did a very good job in his interim role, but interim is interim and to play the race card when the exact same thing happened to the Rich Bisaccia last season is weak.

I'm with you on Philly. I believe the bright lights will get to Purdy. I think Hurts is in better shape than is being reported. This is for all the cheesecake. Jalen's going to leave it all on the field. McCaffery has to be the most underrated RB in the NFL. He does it all. I'm with SAS, reversed discrimination. If he were Black he'd be getting the ink.

I'm conflicted about the Chiefs and Bengals. I think Burrows is unflappable but Mahomes has the better team. I also think Andy will map a game plan that will protect Mahomes ailing ankle. I think KC will win but I wouldn't bet the condo.

On Wilks I understand the reason and agree with owners should be able to hire who they want. What bothers me is this goes far beyond the 100yds x 160ft. It exists in all phases of business and this society. I don't think Wilks has helped himself.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 193 of 335
Jump to: