Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Series premier of The Last of Us is fantastic. Possibly my new favorite TV show.

I watched E1. I'm not sure what's going on. Is Ellie (Bella Ramsey) some kind of cure for the fungus? Sarah Parker (Nico Ramsey) looks so much like her mother Thandie Newton.

I think that's the plot. I hope there's more to it as it's pretty cliché as apocalypse dramas go. I did enjoy the first episode despite my burnout on this genre.

I didn't realize the young actress is Thandie Newton's daughter but you're right about the resemblance.

This show is another instance for me of getting actresses Anna Torv and Carrie Coon mixed up. I thought Torv played the mother in Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Coon was playing Tess in this show.

I played the games when they first came out.
And the showmakers said they are sticking to that story.
That being the case, you're in for a treat. The story is soooo good.
When the first game came out (which will be season 1 for the show) it won a historical amount of awards. Largely due to the story.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
New episode is out for the best show on TV right now.

Apple's Servant

The final season premier from last week was ridiculously good.

I'm really enjoying this show. But on a side note I'm wondering how many bottles of wine do they open in this show? I don't know how his cellar hasn't run dry by now.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Apple's Servant

I'm really enjoying this show. But on a side note I'm wondering how many bottles of wine do they open in this show? I don't know how his cellar hasn't run dry by now.

That show creeps me the (bleep) out.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject:

Don't hate on me, but I watched the first 2 episodes of That 90s show last night. I actually caught myself laughing out loud a few times (could've been the bong rips talking). All in all it captures the vibe of the original, especially with the obviously gratuitous appearances from the original cast (minus the rapist). Topher Grace must have some Doran Gray thing going on because he still looks 16.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject:

I was thinking that I might need to resubscribe to Netflix to watch That 90’s Show. That 70’s Show was special but when I realized why I decided not to. The kids on That 70’s Show graduated high school in 1978, I graduated high school in 1978. I had a friend who we always hung out in his basement. That show was my life.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I was thinking that I might need to resubscribe to Netflix to watch That 90’s Show. That 70’s Show was special but when I realized why I decided not to. The kids on That 70’s Show graduated high school in 1978, I graduated high school in 1978. I had a friend who we always hung out in his basement. That show was my life.

Mine as well. I could totally relate to many of the kids escapades.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Apple's Servant

That show creeps me the (bleep) out.

Me too.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Apple's Servant

I've never seen them drink water. Do people really eat the things Sean cooks? eww!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I heard tonight that this is the last season for NCIS LA. I still enjoy it but the story lines have gotten stale after 14 years. It’s time.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Series premier of The Last of Us is fantastic. Possibly my new favorite TV show.

I watched E1. I'm not sure what's going on. Is Ellie (Bella Ramsey) some kind of cure for the fungus? Sarah Parker (Nico Ramsey) looks so much like her mother Thandie Newton.

I think that's the plot. I hope there's more to it as it's pretty cliché as apocalypse dramas go. I did enjoy the first episode despite my burnout on this genre.

I didn't realize the young actress is Thandie Newton's daughter but you're right about the resemblance.

This show is another instance for me of getting actresses Anna Torv and Carrie Coon mixed up. I thought Torv played the mother in Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Coon was playing Tess in this show.

When the first game came out (which will be season 1 for the show) it won a historical amount of awards. Largely due to the story.

Never read the book or played the game but the opening episode, offing Thandie Newton's kid right away, attention grabber, banger
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

E2 supposedly airs today 1/22

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
E2 supposedly airs today 1/22

Yup, around 6pm it should be on the app. cant wait!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Yeah the first episode was amazing. There's some great damn stories from video games. Horizon Zero Dawn or Mass Effect would be amazing as an HBO series.

I didn't know that was Thandie Newton's daughter. That girl looks to be a star in the making.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject:

I’m really late on this show but anyone watch Ramy on Hulu?

Funny and insightful. Does a good job of exploring the nuances of being religious in this day of age. Funny how many similarities there are with Muslim culture with many others.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Yeah the first episode was amazing. There's some great damn stories from video games. Horizon Zero Dawn or Mass Effect would be amazing as an HBO series.

I didn't know that was Thandie Newton's daughter. That girl looks to be a star in the making.

Just an FYI, but ms. Newton has reclaimed her original first name of Thandiwe.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Just an FYI, but ms. Newton has reclaimed her original first name of Thandiwe.

That's a much prettier name. Thandie sounds like someone's grandmother. Thandiwe sounds exotic.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

I'm not a gamer. What is the game about? Is it killing zombies?

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:25 am    Post subject:

White Lotus s2 was unbelievable. I didn’t even enjoy s1 much but 2 was amazing.

Gangs of London s2 also great.

Jack Ryan 3 was a bit of a let down for me personally.

Kaleidoscope I agree with Wilt’s review. Got through it quickly and enjoyed it for the most part but the twists were weak.

Need to get started on Tulsa King/Mayor of Kingstown.

Kind of wish I had AppleTv and might just get it.

Lastly after 15 years I finally finished the wire. That was great and honestly glad I took my time.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:42 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
White Lotus s2 was unbelievable. I didn’t even enjoy s1 much but 2 was amazing.

Gangs of London s2 also great.

Jack Ryan 3 was a bit of a let down for me personally.

Kaleidoscope I agree with Wilt’s review. Got through it quickly and enjoyed it for the most part but the twists were weak.

Need to get started on Tulsa King/Mayor of Kingstown.

Kind of wish I had AppleTv and might just get it.

Lastly after 15 years I finally finished the wire. That was great and honestly glad I took my time.

The Wire is the greatest series of all time for me, GOT almost got there but messed it up. Might have to rewatch it, been couple years
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject:

Started watching fauda, pretty good, like a poor poor man Homeland
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:00 am    Post subject:

Peacock's Poker Face is pretty good.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

E3 The Last Of Us airs tonight. Big names are dropping like flies. Anna Torv and Nico Parker went in the first 2 episodes. Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal may be the only ones safe.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
E3 The Last Of Us airs tonight. Big names are dropping like flies. Anna Torv and Nico Parker went in the first 2 episodes. Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal may be the only ones safe.

When the series is over. You should buy a PS4 and play the games.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nah. I'm not into games. What is the object of the game? Is it killing the infected/zombies?

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nah. I'm not into games. What is the object of the game? Is it killing the infected/zombies?

Lets talk again when S1 is over. I can't answer your question without spoiling the show.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 89 of 111
Jump to: