BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject:

I’m in Old Town Portland today by Portland State University visiting my son. The area is crawling with cops out and about making their presence known because of planned student protests today. All quiet at the moment.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:26 pm    Post subject:

As an AA growing up in a predominately white SoCal area. My parents had the talk with me early. Not the sex talk. But the race talk. I was still in elementary school.

There are "the way things are". And "the way things should be". (Because the color of my skin).

You can't act the same way as others. You can't get away with the same things as your friends. That applies here in SoCal (relatively progressive area). And that advice saved me more times than I can count when I was in school in PA.

BLM fights for equality. And that's a fight I'll support till the day I die.

At the same time I'll try to pass forth the same knowledge to people who share my skin tone. There are "the way things are". And "the way things should be". Don't give any authority figure a 1/2 a reason to notice you. I know it sounds paranoid. But I'd rather be paranoid, than the alternative.

I'll get the nerve to watch the Tyre Nichols video eventually. Just like for Floyd. But it's painful to do, not gonna lie.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject:

At least Memphis PD disbanded the SCORPION unit, not that it will change the gang mentality within the force itself.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Yeah, it’s brutal and infuriating. These cops were completely unhinged. It just goes to show that while there is undoubtedly a racial component to policing in this country, the problem is inherent in the system regardless of who is involved.

Police reform and greater oversight is essential going forward.

I heard there was a White officer who was a part of the murder. If that's true, any word as to why his name wasn't submitted to the public and why no firing or charges filed?
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Never mind. Found it.

Quote:
Memphis police officer Preston Hemphill, a sixth officer involved in the Tyre Nichols traffic stop, has been relieved of duty during an ongoing investigation, according to Memphis police.

Hemphill deployed his Taser during the confrontation. In his own body camera video, Hemphill is seen chasing Nichols down the road, but then turns back to the scene of the initial traffic stop.

Hemphill was heard on his body camera video saying twice, "I hope they stomp his a--."

Hemphill, who is white, has not been fired or charged. Hemphill "was relieved when the other officers were relieved," a Memphis police spokesperson said on Monday.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6th-officer-involved-tyre-nichols-death-relieved-duty/story?id=96764687
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Never mind. Found it.

Quote:
Memphis police officer Preston Hemphill, a sixth officer involved in the Tyre Nichols traffic stop, has been relieved of duty during an ongoing investigation, according to Memphis police.

Hemphill deployed his Taser during the confrontation. In his own body camera video, Hemphill is seen chasing Nichols down the road, but then turns back to the scene of the initial traffic stop.

Hemphill was heard on his body camera video saying twice, "I hope they stomp his a--."

Hemphill, who is white, has not been fired or charged. Hemphill "was relieved when the other officers were relieved," a Memphis police spokesperson said on Monday.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/6th-officer-involved-tyre-nichols-death-relieved-duty/story?id=96764687

That’s a start. But all the officers involved need to be in prison.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject:

TYRE NICHOLS
FIRE LIEUTENANT, 2 EMTs Fired ...
For Protocol Violations At Arrest Scene

The Memphis Fire Department announced Monday it fired three members of Engine 55 ... Lieutenant Michelle Whitaker and EMTs Robert Long and JaMicheal Sandridge for violating numerous policies and protocols during Tyre's arrest.

The department says Engine 55 was dispatched to the scene, and when they got there Tyre was on the ground in handcuffs leaning against a police car.

MFD says their investigation concluded the EMTs, who were called for a person being pepper sprayed, failed to conduct an adequate patient assessment on Tyre ... and after their initial interaction with him, they requested an ambulance, which got there about 15 minutes after EMTs arrived.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Black history is American history.

https://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-history-month
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject:

If Black History is important enough to have a month, though the shortest month on the calendar, dedicated to it, why shouldn't it be taught in schools? Slavery is a part of that history.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If Black History is important enough to have a month, though the shortest month on the calendar, dedicated to it

Quote:
February was chosen primarily because the second week of the month coincides with the birthdays of both Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/01/1075623826/why-is-february-black-history-month

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
jodeke wrote:
If Black History is important enough to have a month, though the shortest month on the calendar, dedicated to it

Quote:
February was chosen primarily because the second week of the month coincides with the birthdays of both Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/01/1075623826/why-is-february-black-history-month

I was aware of the reason for the month's choice but not to this extent. Thank you. Though the shortest month on the calendar was meant to be a jab. It's something my crew has fun with. It was a poor choice to add to my post. My Bad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject:

Watch this video and count the number of ways the cops completely screwed up this arrest attempt . . . and needlessly killed this teen.

This police work is freaking bad it's criminal.
POLICE FATAL SHOOTING
CAUGHT ON BODY CAM VIDEO ...
Teen Cries Out Before Death
4/6/2023 5:48 AM PT

Police fatally shot a teenager in a stolen car in Washington D.C. ... and the horrific incident was all caught on video.

Check out the body cam footage, released by the U.S. Park Police and D.C. Metropolitan Police, showing officers entering the vehicle parked on a residential street after they responded to a call of a stolen car.

Dalaneo Martin, 17, was asleep behind the wheel when one of the cops woke him up to try to arrest him.

In his panic, Martin sped away with the officer in the back seat, pointing his gun at the teen.

The cop ordered Martin to stop the car and let him out, but Martin kept driving. Finally, the officer warned, "Stop or I’ll shoot you!" before squeezing the trigger several times.

Martin cried out in agony as he was shot. The car then crashed into a nearby house.

Cops administered first aid to Martin, but they couldn't save him. Martin was pronounced dead at the scene.

The officer who fired the shots and a second cop were treated for non-life-threatening injuries at a hospital.

Both officers were placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal police investigation into the March 18 shooting.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

https://kansascitydefender.com/justice/kansas-city-black-family-demands-justice-white-man-shoots-black-boy-ralph-yarl/

No charges for twice shooting a black child who knocked on the wrong door...

No words for how (bleep) up America is becoming
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
President Biden on Monday evening called Ralph Yarl, the 16-year-old who was shot in Kansas City after reportedly going to the wrong house.

“The President spoke by phone to Ralph Yarl and shared his hope for a swift recovery,” the White House said in a statement.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3956391-biden-calls-16-year-old-allegedly-shot-by-kansas-city-homeowner/

Shooter has been charged fwiw... amazing this kid is doing so well
High Achiever in school

Who would Trump have called? White Senile Shooter or African American Victim?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Quote:
President Biden on Monday evening called Ralph Yarl, the 16-year-old who was shot in Kansas City after reportedly going to the wrong house.

“The President spoke by phone to Ralph Yarl and shared his hope for a swift recovery,” the White House said in a statement.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3956391-biden-calls-16-year-old-allegedly-shot-by-kansas-city-homeowner/

Shooter has been charged fwiw... amazing this kid is doing so well
High Achiever in school

Who would Trump have called? White Senile Shooter or African American Victim?

Andrew Lester, 84, surrendered at the Clay County Detention Center a day after being charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action.

LINK

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Ex-Memphis officer pleads guilty to violating Tyre Nichols’s rights

A former Memphis police officer pleaded guilty Thursday to federal charges of violating the civil rights of Tyre Nichols, a Black man who died after a beating by police in January, authorities said.
Desmond Mills Jr., 33, switched his not-guilty plea in an agreement with prosecutors, becoming the first person convicted in a case that reignited nationwide outrage around police misconduct and excessive force against Black people. Mills faces up to 15 years in prison and is scheduled to be sentenced May 22, authorities said.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I remember long ago when I was trying to practice or at least listen to Buddhist teachings. I was a big guy 6' 250 wearing my Bruce Lee airbrush face shirt and decided to ask this officer in line with me if they do any meditation to release the stresses of the job etc.. he said some do.. that was all

But this leads me to believe something must be done for their mental health.. to check them for signs of violent or hateful behaviors before and after every shift before they go home.

Getting away with small medium large violations leads to EXTREME INHUMANITY ..

I am not one who is really able to read the full gory details..

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mississippi-good-squad-rankin-county-brett-mcalpin-joshua-hartfield/

U.S.
All 6 officers from Mississippi "Goon Squad" have been sentenced to prison for torturing 2 Black men

Updated on: March 21, 2024 / 6:19 PM EDT / CBS/AP

Quote:
Sentencing has concluded for the six white former officers in Mississippi who pleaded guilty to breaking into a home without a warrant and torturing two Black men.

High-ranking former deputy Brett McAlpin, 53, received a sentence of about 27 years and was the fifth former law enforcement officer sentenced this week by U.S. District Judge Tom Lee after pleading guilty to the attack. The assault involved beatings, the repeated use of stun guns and assaults with a sex toy before one of the victims was shot in the mouth in a mock execution. The final member of the group, 32-year-old former Richland police officer Joshua Hartfield, was given a sentence of about 10 years Thursday afternoon.

Before his sentencing, McAlpin apologized to victims Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker.

"This was all wrong, very wrong. It's not how people should treat each other, and even more so, it's not how law enforcement should treat people," McAlpin said, though he did not look at the victims as he spoke. "I'm really sorry for being a part of something that made law enforcement look so bad."

Lee has also sentenced four other former law enforcement officers who were involved in the attack. Christian Dedmon was sentenced to 40 years in prison for his role in that attack and another incident in December 2022. Hunter Elward was sentenced to over 20 years in prison. Two other officers, Jeffrey Middleton and Daniel Opdyke, were each sentenced to 17.5 years in prison
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/us/rankin-county-mississippi-sheriff.html
Quote:
Brett McAlpin, former chief investigator for the department, was involved in at least 13 of the arrests and was repeatedly described by witnesses as leading the raids. He was named in at least four lawsuits and six complaints going back to 2004. Even so, Sheriff Bailey named him investigator of the year in 2013. This year, he pleaded guilty to criminal charges for his role in the January raid.

Gee, we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76
Page 76 of 76
Jump to: