A Conspiracy against LBJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
The sad thing is if they called it correctly Lakers should have been 26-24 now and in the 6th place already. wtf.

it is easy to accept if the Lakers is already out of contention. But damn they badly needed a win.

Nothing went our way this season. We are basically having to play close to .600 ball to have a chance instead of comfortablely in the playoffs.
This is different than last season, the guys are playing extremely hard
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject:

What do you guys think btw?

Do you think the NBA will try to remedy this by doing something like an apology?

Or simply do the usual. Issue a 2 minute report and move on.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:12 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Do you think the NBA will try to remedy this by doing something like an apology?

They won’t ever apologize.
The best we can hope is to get some favorable calls in similar situations(I doubt it)
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

The best we can hope is to get some favorable calls in similar situations(I doubt it)

that's just too (bleep) sad man, especially that you are seeing how the Lakers playing all out every game even against top teams just to get a win.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

that's just too (bleep) sad man, especially that you are seeing how the Lakers badly want to win every game.

It is, and they rewarded floppers like Harden for years
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject:

they gonna do something to pull down the Lakers because it looks like they are getting healthy the right time before the playoffs. They don't want them in the playoffs, no way they will give bron another chance to have a ring after he overtook KJA.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Man I even seen a tweet by skip Bayless indicating the bad call.

Skip btw is very anti Laker and anti Lebron.

It seems multiple people including non Laker fans dislike what happened.

If the NBA doesn’t do anything, it is possible there will be a lot of pressure on Adam silver.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

If the NBA doesn’t do anything, it is possible there will be a lot of pressure on Adam silver.

What do you expect the NBA to do? Nothing that can overturn the result of a game
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:05 am    Post subject:

The only thing the NBA can do right now to make up for all these missed calls is to give the Lakers a bunch of questionable or even bad calls in their favor.

Historically from what I've read, refs would do this. I think Chick Hearn called them make-up calls or cosmetic calls.

I don't know how an anti-Laker conspiracy would make sense for the NBA. If the NBA prevented the Lakers and LeBron from making the playoffs, it would lose lots of ratings and money.

If anything, a conspiracy to help us win lots of games, make the playoffs and have a shot at winning the championship would be in the league's best interest.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:06 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

What do you expect the NBA to do? Nothing that can overturn the result of a game

Can they change rules midsesson like allow multiple challenges or reviewing calls last 2 minutes?

Ham even suggested maybe 4 refs a game

I actually don’t know if the NBA is allowed to change rules mid season. If not crap on the nba.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Can they change rules midsesson like allow multiple challenges or reviewing calls last 2 minutes?

Ham even suggested maybe 4 refs a game

I actually don’t know if the NBA is allowed to change rules mid season. If not crap on the nba.

That doesn’t help us at all because it goes both ways. All the calls went against us and any rule change only affects the future.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject:

Lets all remember the name of that mf who was looking at that foul but didnt make the call.

His name is Jacyn Goble
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:04 am    Post subject:

Dan Woike Said: Because the NBA is so protective of Jordan's Legacy, even the referee is LeBron James's opponent just so he can't overtake Jordan in the GOAT position.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 am    Post subject:

I wish I could bring back Earl Strom. To serve the right call and kick some ass as needed in the Ref's locker room.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject:

The serious concern here is allowing sheet like this can escalate to violence like had happened in other sports.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:24 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
The serious concern here is allowing sheet like this can escalate to violence like had happened in other sports.

Players and fans getting frustrated at the same time is not gonna look good.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

There were some terrible no-calls leading up to malice in the palace.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject:

It’s not just a Lebron thing. It’s a Lebron and Lakers thing. He’s on the Lakers, who are loved by fans but in no way media darlings (due to a magnitude of factors) and he’s getting the (bleep) end of the stick.

The Lakers have been pushed around since the Chris Paul trade. I’m sure our revenue and Lebron’s revenue is enjoyed by the rest of the league, but still they are more than okay with pushing us around. If I were Jeanie, I would have flamed the league verbally long time ago.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Come Monday, they will fine Lebron 25,000, Anthony Davis 50,000, DHam 50,000 and PatBev will be fine 100,000 and suspended 3 games.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Come Monday, they will fine Lebron 25,000, Anthony Davis 50,000, DHam 50,000 and PatBev will be fine 100,000 and suspended 3 games.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Don’t forget DS for that tweet he sent out. Really pathetic what the NBA has become
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Your last thread was that “Phil Jackson is sabotaging LBJ from getting another championship” thread.

well he "could" be one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Is Lebron going to apologize for missing a FT? Is AD going to apologize for missing a bad 3 point shot? It’s an entertainment industry made up of humans and humans make mistakes. Will the league apologize for missing the offensive foul when Lebron led with his off arm and knocked down the defender on a drive? Of course those missed calls never get mentioned here. If you ask for stricter enforcement of the rules you might not like the result.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Is Lebron going to apologize for missing a FT? Is AD going to apologize for missing a bad 3 point shot? It’s an entertainment industry made up of humans and humans make mistakes. Will the league apologize for missing the offensive foul when Lebron led with his off arm and knocked down the defender on a drive? Of course those missed calls never get mentioned here. If you ask for stricter enforcement of the rules you might not like the result.

First off…you are allowed to use your off arm as a shield/frame as long as you don’t forcibly push defender out of the way. Lebron puts his arm out but keeps it steady as he drives. Secondly, offensive player can initiate contact with defender if defender isnt squared up and takes the hit in the chest. Defenders are always sliding with Lebron and are not squared up so Lebron/any other offensive player has the right to power through the defender in that scenario.

Refs didn’t make mistakes last night. They CHOSE not to call the fouls in plain sight. Especially last one where ref was standing 5 feet away looking directly at the foul happening.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

First off…you are allowed to use your off arm as a shield/frame as long as you don’t forcibly push defender out of the way. Lebron puts his arm out but keeps it steady as he drives. Secondly, offensive player can initiate contact with defender if defender isnt squared up and takes the hit in the chest. Defenders are always sliding with Lebron and are not squared up so Lebron/any other offensive player has the right to power through the defender in that scenario.

Refs didn’t make mistakes last night. They CHOSE not to call the fouls in plain sight. Especially last one where ref was standing 5 feet away looking directly at the foul happening.

Thanks for proving my point about it all being about bias. I get that on a team message board but the fake outrage should be pointed at those responsible, the Lakers, instead of the league. But it’s easier to blame others. I will continue to blame the Laker organization, form a team that doesn’t need help from the refs.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

Thanks for proving my point about it all being about bias. I get that on a team message board but the fake outrage should be pointed at those responsible, the Lakers, instead of the league. But it’s easier to blame others. I will continue to blame the Laker organization, form a team that doesn’t need help from the refs.

Clippers fans always blame the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: