The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1901, 1902, 1903 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Jeanie and Rob broke Bron. lol Rob lied to everyone.

Yeah, I can’t blame him for being frustrated this time.

Ehh. He extended knowing everything. Unless you think internet posters knew more than him.

He extended under the promise they were going to do everything in their power to build a contending team each season he was here... Do you feel they have done that to date?

The Lakers made a vague pledge to "do everything we can to make a reasonable trade." It's not like they pledged, "No matter what, we will trade all our assets to give us the best chance for this year, even if the best deal we can find is an unlikely Hail Mary or a bad deal for us."

I am sure Lebron is ticked off, but Lebron is generally ticked off about the quality of his teammates and always wants his team to make another trade. That's just the nature of Lebron "Give me More Help" James. And from his perspective, he's not wrong.

But I don't buy the notion that the Lakers sandbagged him or lied to him. They put lots of caveats on the "we'll do everything we can" statement. Making a trade wasn't a guarantee carved by god onto stone tablets.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject:

LeBron didn't look ticked off in that interview... he looked relaxed and at peace... like "hey, I did my best to get us a second championship while I was here... you didn't do it... so I can enjoy my retirement tour without any guilt or blame for happened"
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1622692985547722770

Windy: "He's has never given this kind of slack to Miami. He's never given this kind of slack to Cleveland either time. But the Lakers, they get the slack."

Lakers exceptionalism

According to riley IIRC- Bron wanted Spoelstra fired

He disliked Clevelands owner.

LA is it. Living in Brentwood is a good life.

I like living in L.A. You?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Windy: "He's has never given this kind of slack to Miami. He's never given this kind of slack to Cleveland either time. But the Lakers, they get the slack."

Lakers exceptionalism

I had to shake the spot. Home prices have reached a laughable range. I do miss the weather and food though. For Lebron... he's living his best life.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lakers exceptionalism

I love it.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lakers exceptionalism

And he hasn't even finished his mega mansion in Beverly Hills PO yet. He just got the original house torn down and the lot graded. He scraped every inch of the original property off the lot, pool, tennis court, everything. Probably a few more years to build the new house.

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2020-09-30/lebron-james-buys-beverly-hills-mansion-for-36-million
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LeBron didn't look ticked off in that interview... he looked relaxed and at peace... like "hey, I did my best to get us a second championship while I was here... you didn't do it... so I can enjoy my retirement tour without any guilt or blame for happened"

Except he didn’t do his best, in fact he did quite the opposite. This team would be a lot better with Caruso/Hield/KCP/1RP instead of ol number zero. So sorry Lebron, but you did it to yourself.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

He was the agent of one of the most intelligent players to play the game... and one of the other most intelligent players of the game signed off on him staying for an extension.

It's not that he's a poor negotiator... it's clearly he's consistently in a position where he feels he has to make the trade and they push that advantage.

Unless you think it's Rob's electric personality that has fooled both Kobe and LeBron into keeping him around.

I really have no idea how good an agent Rob was, and whether he was a skillful negotiator in his capacity as an agent, and I don't care. In his tenure as GM, I haven't seen anything to suggest he has good negotiating skills.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lakers exceptionalism

I had to shake the spot. Home prices have reached a laughable range. I do miss the weather and food though. For Lebron... he's living his best life.

I hear you on home prices, and, yes, it was absolutely perfect here today.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lakers exceptionalism

And he hasn't even finished his mega mansion in Beverly Hills PO yet. He just got the original house torn down and the lot graded. He scraped every inch of the original property off the lot, pool, tennis court, everything. Probably a few more years to build the new house.

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2020-09-30/lebron-james-buys-beverly-hills-mansion-for-36-million

IIRC Russ bought a place across the street from him recently. There is a funny skit in there somewhere when he gets traded.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lakers exceptionalism

IIRC Russ bought a place across the street from him recently. There is a funny skit in there somewhere when he gets traded.

Russ bought the house across the street from LeBrons Brentwood house. The Beverly Hills estate is going to be RIDICULOUS. Probably the most ridiculous property in the history of Beverly Hills.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Lakers exceptionalism

Russ bought the house across the street from LeBrons Brentwood house. The Beverly Hills estate is going to be RIDICULOUS. Probably the most ridiculous property in the history of Beverly Hills.

this is pretty ridiculous.
https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/beverly-hills-mega-mansion-the-one-sells-at-less-than-half-its-listing-price/
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject:

IT IS YOU, LEBRON.

You wanted Westbrick on this team.

And you got him

Now you complain we have no asset to trade with.

Lol

Seriously, stay away from basketball after you retire, or you will end up like MJ.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
IT IS YOU, LEBRON.

And you got him

Lol

Seriously, stay away from basketball after you retire, or you will end up like MJ.

There's another poster above saying the same. Let me add my two cents: you're both right. Just don't forget to add AD's name w/LeBron.

They both were clamoring for Russ. Now, you got him LeBron & AD, and the assets we had before are spread amongst Denver & Washington & Chicago.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject:

will he shoot a skyhook to break the record?
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
IT IS YOU, LEBRON.

And you got him

Lol

There's another poster above saying the same. Let me add my two cents: you're both right. Just don't forget to add AD's name w/LeBron.

They both were clamoring for Russ. Now, you got him LeBron & AD, and the assets we had before are spread amongst Denver & Washington & Chicago.

Oh AD was definitely on that dumb train, but I don’t think he has the spine to tell Lebron no, and unfortunately neither did Pelinka a the time. One positive way to look at it is that they weren’t winning anything last year even without the Russ trade. This year feels different and Pelinka has a couple of days left to somewhat salvage that debacle.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

they talked about this on a podcast. That would be pretty cool and a nice homage to the goatB
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

they talked about this on a podcast. That would be pretty cool and a nice homage to the goatB

Would be great. Hopefully on the first shot. not like Nate Robinson in the dunk contest.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

The arena is going to be buzzing tomorrow. I hope he could get it done.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

He was the agent of one of the most intelligent players to play the game... and one of the other most intelligent players of the game signed off on him staying for an extension.

It's not that he's a poor negotiator... it's clearly he's consistently in a position where he feels he has to make the trade and they push that advantage.

Unless you think it's Rob's electric personality that has fooled both Kobe and LeBron into keeping him around.

I really have no idea how good an agent Rob was, and whether he was a skillful negotiator in his capacity as an agent, and I don't care. In his tenure as GM, I haven't seen anything to suggest he has good negotiating skills.

My point which you seem to have intentionally missed as that because two of the greatest basketball minds in history don't have a problem with him it's probably because he's always negotiating from a position of weakness.

I have no love for Rob... if he left tomorrow I wouldn't notice... I just assume if two intelligent men both think he's competent then he probably is.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

My point which you seem to have intentionally missed as that because two of the greatest basketball minds in history don't have a problem with him it's probably because he's always negotiating from a position of weakness.

I have no love for Rob... if he left tomorrow I wouldn't notice... I just assume if two intelligent men both think he's competent then he probably is.

I understood that. My point is whatever negotiating Rob did for Kobe (and honestly I have no idea what he did in that regard) was as an agent for a superstar. That’s not the same as negotiating as a GM.

As far as Lebron, I have no idea what he thinks of Rob.

In any case, I don't buy the reasoning "If Kobe and Lebron liked Rob he must be a good negotiator." That's just the Emperor's New Clothes thinking. Rob can't live off the reputations of Kobe and Lebron. He'll be judged by the moves he makes as a GM.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think there is any desire to break the record “In LA vs Milwaukee”?

Record started in Milwaukee - set and reset again in LA?

Seems more meaningful than against OKC…
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I know what I don’t want it to be: a free throw.” LeBron James describes how he wants to pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for the All-Time NBA scoring record.

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:25 am    Post subject:

Hopefully he has a good shooting night when everyone is watching. His jumper has been crazy bad since the Celtics game.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:07 am    Post subject:

My only concern is the record is broken in a Laker win.

All the rest of the “how” is secondary.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1901, 1902, 1903 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1902 of 2079
Jump to: