NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

So, can Dinwiddie still be rerouted by the Nets, or did that have to happen as part of a three-way in the Nets/Mavs trade?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Stop trying to trade Austin Reaves do people have that short of memories?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
So, can Dinwiddie still be rerouted by the Nets, or did that have to happen as part of a three-way in the Nets/Mavs trade?

He can still be traded, but only by himself now. He cannot be aggregated with other players now.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

If this is the guy who called the Kyrie to Mavs trade then we need to give him the benefit of the doubt, everyone 100% assumed Kyrie was either going to the Clippers or Lakers

Actually, everyone knew that the Mavericks was is in the hunt for Irving along with the Lakers and Clippers.

On Feb. 3, this guy said: "The best trade available for the Brooklyn Nets is Kyrie Irving in exchange for Spencer Dinwiddie & Dorian Finney-Smith."

However, he sure wasn't the only person saying that. If you do a google search for Feb. 3, you can find the same Mavericks-Irving trade suggestion on Sports Illustrated, Marc Stein, and a ton of other places.

It's not like this guy saw something no one else did. He was just one person in a big crowd saying the same thing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If this is the guy who called the Kyrie to Mavs trade then we need to give him the benefit of the doubt, everyone 100% assumed Kyrie was either going to the Clippers or Lakers

Actually, everyone knew that the Mavericks was is in the hunt for Irving along with the Lakers and Clippers.

On Feb. 3, this guy said: "The best trade available for the Brooklyn Nets is Kyrie Irving in exchange for Spencer Dinwiddie & Dorian Finney-Smith."

However, he sure wasn't the only person saying that. If you do a google search for Feb. 3, you can find the same Mavericks-Irving trade suggestion on Sports Illustrated, Marc Stein, and a ton of other places.

It's not like this guy saw something no one else did. He was just one person in a big crowd saying the same thing.

Stein did specifically mention those two players, yep. Stein isn't as plugged in now, but I do think he's fairly reliable when it comes to Dallas-related information.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

He can still be traded, but only by himself now. He cannot be aggregated with other players now.

Thanks!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Stein did specifically mention those two players, yep. Stein isn't as plugged in now, but I do think he's fairly reliable when it comes to Dallas-related information.

I don’t think anyone who guessed this trade had any inside info. Everyone knew the Mavericks were going after Irving, and it wasn’t too hard to figure out what they would offer.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Saw a rumor of Westbrook, picks to DET; Tobias Harris and Korkmaz to the Lakers; Nerlens Noel, Bogdanovic and Marvin Bagley to Philly... makes sense if the picks are coming from Philly. That should be a first rounder, second rounders and a pick swap.

From the Lakers, it should just be Russ and Harris and Korkmaz. We take on $45m in salary next year, but improve on talent and can package those salaries and more picks next year if we want to go for bigger fish (i.e. LaVine, Beal, etc).
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Korkmaz has to be more useful then JTA and Jones right?

Pretty low bar, IG. Right now, the lint in your pocket is about as valuable to the Lakers, comparatively speaking.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
Saw a rumor of Westbrook, picks to DET; Tobias Harris and Korkmaz to the Lakers; Nerlens Noel, Bogdanovic and Marvin Bagley to Philly... makes sense if the picks are coming from Philly. That should be a first rounder, second rounders and a pick swap.

From the Lakers, it should just be Russ and Harris and Korkmaz. We take on $45m in salary next year, but improve on talent and can package those salaries and more picks next year if we want to go for bigger fish (i.e. LaVine, Beal, etc).

Sounds like the standard bloggers-who-don't-know-anything-more-than-everyone-else making up stuff because they have space to fill.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

No but thanks to our cheapness, he’s going to be a free agent next year
And thanks to our absurd roster construction we have too many guards
And thanks to Ham’s bizarre (dumb?) rotations, he’s gonna get less time than Russ, Dennis, PatBev, and probably Lonnie, since auditioning Walker for free agency is a priority for us.

How likely is it that Reaves stays next year? Or that Jeanie shells out for him?

Trading him is the best move if you’re not going to move at least two of Russ/Dennis/Pat/Lonnie.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:00 am    Post subject:

2 trade proposals while we are waiting for real trades:

1. Nets get OG and Hernangomez from Toronto, sheds $2.2 million
salary

Toronto gets Beasley from Jazz, Phinney-Smith, Claxton and 2 FRP from
Nets, 2 SRP from Lakers, gains only $300K salary

Lakers get GTJ from Toronto, Olynyk and Conley from Jazz, gain only
$1.2 million salary

Jazz get Russ, Damien-Jones, Toscano-Anderson, 1 FRP and 1 SRP from
Lakers, gain only $700K

2. Separately, but dependent upon the first trade, Lakers trade Beverly,
Walker and a FRP to Nets for Dinwiddie, Lakers add only $21K salary

There are fertile grounds for trades among these four teams and if the first trade above does not work (not sure if we have three tradeable SRPs, for one thing), I think that something could still be tinkered out. The second may not be enough for the Nets or they may decide not to trade Dinwiddie; in which case, we would still have Beverly, Walker and a FRP to trade elsewhere.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:

salary

$1.2 million salary

Lakers, gain only $700K

There are fertile grounds for trades among these four teams and if the first trade above does not work (not sure if we have three tradeable SRPs, for one thing), I think that something could still be tinkered out. The second may not be enough for the Nets or they may decide not to trade Dinwiddie; in which case, we would still have Beverly, Walker and a FRP to trade elsewhere.

DFS can’t be aggregated
#18 next...
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject:

Not sure if repost but I read Nets and Toronto are discussing trade involving Siakam and Simmons/Claxton and picks. Seems Nets are trying to stay competitive. Maybe means they keep Durant, or are they getting younger and planning for the future?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

And thanks to Ham’s bizarre (dumb?) rotations, he’s gonna get less time than Russ, Dennis, PatBev, and probably Lonnie, since auditioning Walker for free agency is a priority for us.

How likely is it that Reaves stays next year? Or that Jeanie shells out for him?

Trading him is the best move if you’re not going to move at least two of Russ/Dennis/Pat/Lonnie.

Let’s see what we look like by Thursday
Personally, I think Austin Reaves is exactly the type of player that you keep he would think that we would’ve learned from the Carusoe situation
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:57 am    Post subject:

I mean it's pretty easy if you trust the guy's character.

You ask him if he wants to make it work as a long term Laker... if he gives you a strong yes then maybe you trust him.

If he hedges or gives a neutral answer you trade him.

I mean if you think he's going to lie no matter what then what you can you do, but I believe Caruso when he said he wanted the Lakers to match the Bulls offer so maybe you see how he feels.

At some point we need to stop just trading away everyone for LBJ's window so maybe we've finally reached that point.

But to me, I'd see what Austin wants and decide accordingly.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

You ask him if he wants to make it work as a long term Laker... if he gives you a strong yes then maybe you trust him.

I mean if you think he's going to lie no matter what then what you can you do, but I believe Caruso when he said he wanted the Lakers to match the Bulls offer so maybe you see how he feels.

At some point we need to stop just trading away everyone for LBJ's window so maybe we've finally reached that point.

Austin Reaves is the definition of homegrown talent. The Lakers gave him his opportunity and he ran with it. I think that he probably does feel some allegiance to this team. Of course he would need to be compensated that’s only fair.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:58 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Austin Reaves is the definition of homegrown talent. The Lakers gave him his opportunity and he ran with it. I think that he probably does feel some allegiance to this team. Of course he would need to be compensated that’s only fair.

I mean if its true that we passed on Kyrie because he and Max were sticking points that should create a feeling of loyalty to management.

I just feel it's time we start identifying some long term Lakers and sticking with them to ride with AD post LBJ.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:

salary

$1.2 million salary

Lakers, gain only $700K

DFS can’t be aggregated

Then trade O'Neale for DFS, it also works in the trade machine, as do a number of other trades between the teams. The only difference with O'Neale would be the salary impacts to the Nets and Toronto, the Nets would now increase payroll by $1.5 instead of shedding $2.2, and Toronto would shed $3.4 million in salary instead of gaining a little, getting it down to only about a million about the salary cap. The point is, it seems to me that these four teams have common pieces they have been linked to and enough pieces to offer a number of trade options. IMO, the Lakers are going to have to engage with more than one team to get the most value out of Russ.

Happy to move on from this proposal, though, I am sure that there are other warts (I am not particularly enamored of Conley, but he's better with the other pieces than Russ and allows us to trade Beverley for pieces other than a PG if we cannot get Dinwiddie or want someone else, for example, either of the Bogs boys). Just spit-balling while I'm waiting ...

Last edited by Darkndeep on Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:13 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Austin has been sidelined with injury. He is averaging 29 minutes and have an eFG of 57 while sbooting 36% from 3 and we also have his bird rights. The reasons you gives is just trade hunger like everyone here.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:28 am    Post subject:

I don't have any particular trade hopes or dreams, but I wish our FO and ownership weren't incompetent or cheap. Individually, it makes it tough to be successful, but combined...yikes.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject:

Would y'all burn a protected first for RJ Barrett? Would Pat and Lonnie salaries work?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:41 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Austin has been sidelined with injury. He is averaging 29 minutes and have an eFG of 57 while sbooting 36% from 3 and we also have his bird rights. The reasons you gives is just trade hunger like everyone here.

Whose minutes is he taking when he comes back?

Lonnie only averaging 15 mpg since he came back. Lakers don’t have the balls to bench him.

Ditto for cutting Russ minutes.

Dennis and PatBev drop to 15mpg each? I like Reaves better than all four, but he’s the easiest to bench from Ham’s perspective. They’d probably prefer Reaves continue to take his time with his injury.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:46 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
lakerican wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Whose minutes is he taking when he comes back?

Lonnie only averaging 15 mpg since he came back. Lakers don’t have the balls to bench him.

Ditto for cutting Russ minutes.

Dennis and PatBev drop to 15mpg each? I like Reaves better than all four, but he’s the easiest to bench from Ham’s perspective. They’d probably prefer Reaves continue to take his time with his injury.

DS/TB, Reaves, Rui should get the most run with Bron/AD
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s ridiculous discussing if Reaves stays or not? If the front office lets him walk it makes the Kyrie miss hurt even more.

Reaves must be retained now. No other option.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1129, 1130, 1131 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 1130 of 2546
Jump to: