Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:31 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
It’s one thing to dislike a player because of his play.

But people here really getting mad when you say best of luck to someone and his family.

You can dislike someone’s play on your team but also hoping for the best for them when they leave the team.

FOH with your hatin feelings LOL.

This crap is not that deep.

No one wish ill will to Russ or his family.
But just don’t respect him as a player.
And hope that Clipper or one of our rival pick him up and get destroyed.

Once he took the player option this year.
He knows he is not worth that money and can’t get it anywhere else.

Then he should just stfu and do whatever we tell him

Not be a cancer and a turnover machine.

You can’t take the money and still be a btch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Haynes saying Westbrook will either sign with CLippers or Heat if bought out.

Clips just traded John Wall, so maybe they are making room for RW

Would probably be a better fit for him over there and he doesn't actually have to move anywhere.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:51 am    Post subject:

So long and best wishes, except against the Lakers.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Best of luck Brodie.

Was one of my favorite players in the league before he got to us. He just wasn’t a good fit with Lebron and Ad.

I wish him and his family the best. I actually ran into them in Maui last summer.

U must not watch him play a lot before he got here…

Even in his prime, he wasn’t a winning player at the highest level.
The dude seems like a good person. But his basketball IQ is so low.

OKC choked the 3-1 lead to the Warrior mainly due to Russ plays at crutch time. Durant did suck too, but at time Russ could be on the court and you feel like he was helping the other team.

And it is not like just cuz he can’t shoot. And why can’t he shoot? Even Jason Kidd developed a reliable 3 point shot late in his career.

The dude completely lack self awareness on the court, he doesn’t even know how to make himself better or what his weakness are.

Shooting ain’t that hard, Russ mechanic isnt that bad, he just jump too high and shoot on the way down. Like it should take one summer to fix that.

But nooo, he has to shoot the same every year, maybe he is feeling it in practice, but NOO dude you need the right mechanic to be consistent. Simple things like that he can’t even adjust.

He is kinda of mentally handicapped in a way at Basketball that you can’t even fix.

Self awareness is super important in sports.

Russ on a scale 1-10, he is like a 1 in term of basketball self awareness.

Hey congrats or sorry that happened to you but not reading all that.

He’s gone we don’t need to btch about him anymore.

No worries.

I know your feelin's hurt.

Me? I feel like a dark cloud has been lifted.

Your dude is a turd.

Yah ever since we traded for Westbrick.

I just stopped watching.

Like my worst nightmare for the Lakers is if we ever got Westbrick.

And it actually happened
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject:

lol

George, Morris push for Clips to land Westbrook

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35635341/paul-george-marcus-morris-push-clippers-land-westbrook
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35635341/paul-george-marcus-morris-push-clippers-land-westbrook

Players are terrible GMs. What's new?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
lol

Please, please go to the Clippers Russ…
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:12 am    Post subject:

The team looked so much better just by not having his awful presence on the floor.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The team looked so much better just by not having his awful presence on the floor.

So true…
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:47 am    Post subject:

Man take this trash topic outta here. Dont wanna see his name anymore. We should play Kurt Angle theme and fans chant “U SUCk” if he comes back to Crypto
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
Man take this trash topic outta here. Dont wanna see his name anymore. We should play Kurt Angle theme and fans chant “U SUCk” if he comes back to Crypto

We already heard stuff like this damages his children, so why do this?

What kind of human being are you?

I saw we close this thread because it brings me HEADACHES.

I stopped watching the Lakers something I have never done because I could not stand it. I care too much about this team which is silly to have 1 guy doing things on purpose. Some people say that is who he is. Yes, but at times he had the choice to act a different way and he did not. Don't confuse him accepting a bench role with being a good citizen. He had no choice.

Games felt like going to sixflags. I always hated rollercoasters...With Brick you could be up all game, but you just knew the DROP was coming. Now games feel lighter. Theres no nauncea in my stomach. The drops don't come as sudden. You might drop but at a slow down speed which is fine. You have time to adjust and maneuver. With Brick you found yourself down -14 points in 5 minutes. How the hell do you combat that?

Close this (bleep).
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject:

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye!!!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Right before his departure, Russell Westbrook donates 400 pairs of shoes to students at South LA charter academy
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Palin wrote:

We already heard stuff like this damages his children, so why do this?

What kind of human being are you?

I saw we close this thread because it brings me HEADACHES.

I stopped watching the Lakers something I have never done because I could not stand it. I care too much about this team which is silly to have 1 guy doing things on purpose. Some people say that is who he is. Yes, but at times he had the choice to act a different way and he did not. Don't confuse him accepting a bench role with being a good citizen. He had no choice.

Games felt like going to sixflags. I always hated rollercoasters...With Brick you could be up all game, but you just knew the DROP was coming. Now games feel lighter. Theres no nauncea in my stomach. The drops don't come as sudden. You might drop but at a slow down speed which is fine. You have time to adjust and maneuver. With Brick you found yourself down -14 points in 5 minutes. How the hell do you combat that?

Close this (bleep).

You always have the option of not going into the thread or simply not reading it.

What is all this 'because it makes me uncomfortable, it shouldn't exist and no one should comment on it' nonsense?

Most Lakers fans are ecstatic he's gone. It's talking about Laker BB. No one is trashing the person. We're trashing the trash player he is and expressing relief that that error is over.

If it ain't your thing, just walk on by dawg.🤙🏽

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Right before his departure, Russell Westbrook donates 400 pairs of shoes to students at South LA charter academy

They took a poll of arena workers on which players tip the best and treat them the best. Top 2 were Russ and Steph.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject:

Good time to lock this thread for this ex-Laker. Watching him the past 1.5 seasons was such a painful experience. Wish him the best but farewell.
tradition32834
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject:

Russ to the clippers beginning their demise 😂😂😂
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

lol, the Clippers are truly cursed.

PG is out.

Now Westbrick is playing out there with freedom to shoot all he wants.
and making him look like an all start out there.

Westbrick excel at playing good on a roster that he can shoot unlimited times.

this is so bad for the Clippers, even Clippers fans are convinced that he is good now.

They will make more mistakes next year and actually sign him to a long extension. LOL
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:

PG is out.

this is so bad for the Clippers, even Clippers fans are convinced that he is good now.

They will make more mistakes next year and actually sign him to a long extension. LOL

Could be worse Could be Kyrie on the Mavs where the lack of chemistry is the reason why they are trending out of the play in games.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject:

What's weird and I don't watch Clipper games at all, so IDK.

The stats say suddenly RW transformed from a horrendous shooter to a decent one, and his effective shooting/scoring percentages went up a lot.

I mean he's giving them the identical 15/7 type of game he was us, but he seems to be shooting the ball so much better and taking less shots. What the hell gives? It's not like it's some small sample of 5 games. It's been 16 games. He's been quite steady with the Clippers in terms of scoring the ball it seems. They've somehow been able to start him play him big minutes and he's not been this big negative he seemed to be for us.

Not saying he's been an asset for them, but he's not been the same horrendous shooting, high TO player you can't wait to get off the floor it seems, at least on the surface of the stats I see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:

PG is out.

Clippers are continuing to win even without their two stars. Their FO has built a deep team, guys like Hyland and Covington bide their time on the bench and then step up when needed. Westbrook does a great job leading them. It isn’t Russ’ fault that the Lakers didn’t know how to use him. Which is becoming evident with other players. It seems that Clipper management knows more about building successful teams than posters here.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

PG is out.

Clippers are continuing to win even without their two stars. Their FO has built a deep team, guys like Hyland and Covington bide their time on the bench and then step up when needed. Westbrook does a great job leading them. It isn’t Russ’ fault that the Lakers didn’t know how to use him. Which is becoming evident with other players. It seems that Clipper management knows more about building successful teams than posters here.

How successful would you characterize the Kawhi/PG era so far? Time has almost run out on that era. In the same time span the Lakers won a championship. What have the Clippers done besides submit one of the greatest all time chokes in NBA playoff history?

Just curious about your definition of “successful.” If it’s them finally getting out of the second round that one time they played Phoenix in the conference championships then sure I guess.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

PG is out.

What success? They made it to the conference finals one time. And even then they failed to achieve a championship which was the entire goal of the Kawhi/PG era. I guess this is what counts for managed expectations from some Clippers fans, if they aren't in the lottery, things are looking up.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:51 am    Post subject:

Clippers have had no success with Kawhi. I mean if you just switch the situations, everyone in Clipperland would be celebrating the title (bubble and all) and be parading about how great their FO was for winning a title.

Meanwhile ridiculing us for going all in for Kawhi/PG.

Clips despite going all out, have a lot of assets at one time giving them all up (Including an all NBA level player in SGA), went all in on Kawhi/PG, way over the tax spending etc and have 0 titles and not even a NBA Finals run to show for it.

That's how difficult it is to win 1 title. And why I still appreciate the cast that won the 19-20 run. We have OLD Bron, and still pulled off one. With this new Lakers post-WB trade deadline team, we have an outside shot at another run if AD plays the way he has been (which is why it's an outside shot) They had prime Kawhi/PG and haven't been able to stay in a top position in the standings or make a ring run.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

We learned after the fact that prime Kawhi was long dead and buried. The guy has seemingly missed more games than he has played.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 425 of 426
Jump to: