Buying a car as an investment....thoughts???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Longo dealerships aren't doing any markups. My friend got a deposit on a Supra manual a few months back. I tried doing so but they stopped taking deposits. Just an fyi if someone is lokng for a GR Corolla (although those are probably spoken for at least a year out too).

Market is still pretty brutal but I'm definitely seeing a LOT of price cuts on listings like you said Mike.

I tried going through the same but it would have been a 6 month wait.

The fact they stopped taking deposits and the GR Corollas are spoken for says how hot the market is for the Japanese enthusiast cars, not so much for classics/muscle cars

It's guys like us dude. Growing up in the 80s and 90s lusting after the cool Japanese cars of that era and now we're all grown up and mostly have the means to indulge. If I can score a manual Supra, it'll be the last ICE vehicle I'll ever own. I want to go back to a stick in the worse way.

Yep. I love my GR86.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a39764688/graham-rahal-123-mile-honda-s2000-cr-for-sale/

Son of a gun. Pristine 123 mile S2000 CR just sold for $122K. Lawd!!!

That is insane. But it is a practically brand new CR.

On a side note, S2000 is a car that definitely holds its value. Back in 2015 I bought a 03 S2000 for $14500. It had 80,000 miles on it. Drove it for 5 years/45,000 miles and I ended up selling it for $14000.

Oh man, I had a 2003 Ap1 that I sold in 2007 (for an Z4 M Coupe). I kid you not...low 30K in miles and I got a whopping 15K for it. People simply didn't care for the car until it got end of life. Blue book was like 20K (at the time) but I got literally no bites. Sold the set of Volk forged rims for half the price I paid for it. This was back when I used to be into installing audio systems. I was sponsored (just free gear really) by Lotus Seas and had a bad ass IASCA caliber SQ system set up. Spent many weekends working on it. New buyer was a kid around 20 years old. That system probably would have been 3-4K with the install. Kid got REAL lucky.

The price on used S2000 kept going up every year after production stopped. Now they are selling for $25K for one that has around 100k miles on it. If you can find one with less than 80k then it's over $30,000.

I love sq sound systems. Must have been nice cruising with that sound system with the top down.
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

Buying a car as an investment is a topic that has sparked many debates over the years. Some people swear by it, claiming that it's a smart way to make money, while others argue that it's a waste of time and resources. The truth is that investing in a car can be a risky proposition, as there are many variables that can impact its value.

One potential avenue for those interested in investing in cars is through purchasing repairable cars from car auctions. In Minnesota, there is a huge selection of repairable car auctions available, providing a wide range of options for those looking to make a purchase. If you're interested in exploring this option, check out this link to see what's available: https://abetter.bid/en/car-finder/type-automobiles/state-mn However, it's important to note that buying a car as an investment requires careful consideration and research. Factors such as make, model, condition, and rarity all play a role in determining a car's potential value. In addition, there are costs associated with repairs and maintenance that can eat into any potential profits. Ultimately, investing in a car requires a lot of knowledge and expertise, so be sure to do your due diligence before making any purchases.

Last edited by Macferson on Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject:

My wife's LandRover Defender is going up in value these days. I love the thing so there's no way we're getting rid of it any time soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: