In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostdude1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
'I HAVE TO FULFILL THIS MAN'S PROPHECY': KOBE IS STILL INSPIRING KLAY THOMPSON
Quote:
He wishes Bryant were around to see it. But more than anything, he wishes Bryant were here for his wife and daughters and his millions of fans around the world.

But even in Bryant's absence, Thompson has vowed to continue to try to make him proud.

"I just try to stay present every day because it's been going by so fast β€” my career, that is," he said. "I want to look back and say I gave it everything I had, just like Kobe did. I know Kobe can look back on his 20 years and say he maximized his potential. I want to do the same."

And whenever he falters, he still has that video of Bryant to keep him going.

To this day, he often re-watches his childhood hero calling him a stone-cold killer.

"I hold those words dear to my heart," he said. "I don't think we'll see another player like him ever again.

"It really did mean the world and still does."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/how-kobe-bryant-is-still-inspiring-klay-thompson

That's awesome man. I still remember him calling Steph and Klay, "stone-cold killers". He saw their greatness before a lot of people!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject:

"When people use the 'Mamba Mentality', you guys don't do that.You're not him. Nobody should be allowed to say that. I'm sorry. There is nobody there like him."When people say that, it bothers me and I'm like, I don't pretend like I do that, but I'm like, you don't get to say that. That's not a throwaway line ... I'm sorry, but that went with him. Come up with something else."
Bob Myers continued by highlighting the sheer degree of competitiveness and obsession associated with the phrase. While using Kobe Bryant as a prime example, Myers said:

"Not many guys want to take your will. A lot of guys want to beat you. Not many guys want to take your will and make it, so you know never to try that again."Like, how dare you try to beat me? How dare you think you're going to come out here and beat me?' but nobody lives like, that's what I'm saying. That is not normal."
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Love Kobe but wasn't surprised he died so soon cause he was reckless with his life, especially with that damn helicopter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Love Kobe but wasn't surprised he died so soon cause he was reckless with his life, especially with that damn helicopter.

What the...

Do you know how many celebrities and politicians use a helicopter to travel? What other areas of Kobe's life was he "reckless?"
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject:

MAMBA was different....
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:

You "love him" and then label him as reckless? Did you ever meet him? Did you know him? Do you know his daughters middle names? Did you ever have dinner with him? So many more questions could be posed simply to expose the fact that the only thing reckless is the ignorance of your post.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

What the...

Do you know how many celebrities and politicians use a helicopter to travel? What other areas of Kobe's life was he "reckless?"

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

You "love him" and then label him as reckless? Did you ever meet him? Did you know him? Do you know his daughters middle names? Did you ever have dinner with him? So many more questions could be posed simply to expose the fact that the only thing reckless is the ignorance of your post.

Did you know Kobe had the pilot shut off the engine and do barrel rolls/dives to prank passengers? Even Rob Pelinka was one of his victims and said he thought for sure he was gonna die. Kobe lost all fear of flying and considering fear is what keeps us alive, he was doomed to perish in that helicopter. I won't even mention other stuff he did that were reckless since you two would sue me for therapy.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What the...

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Did you know Kobe had the pilot shut off the engine and do barrel rolls/dives to prank passengers? Even Rob Pelinka was one of his victims and said he thought for sure he was gonna die. Kobe lost all fear of flying and considering fear is what keeps us alive, he was doomed to perish in that helicopter. I won't even mention other stuff he did that were reckless since you two would sue me for therapy.

Something like that I'd never heard of, but if true I certainly would call that reckless, even foolish. So, if that happened, and you have other incidents of that nature, I retract my post, and agree it's reckless, and apologize.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What the...

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Something like that I'd never heard of, but if true, I certainly would call that reckless, even foolish, although I wouldn't call flying in a helicopter reckless.

So, if that happened, and you have other incidents of that nature, I retract my post.

Last edited by LakerDYnasty72 on Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject:

Tatum winning the Kobe award felt right. You see a lot of kobe in him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

FAMILY!

https://twitter.com/LakersLead/status/1627510735306719232
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject:

β€œThey know, they know.”
https://twitter.com/6hogg6/status/1629499993726885888?s=61&t=hlsj4G8hpO-pYiIVN_ig-Q
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject:

Happy Kobe with Young Vando

https://external-preview.redd.it/jwGkgBaE_j5_JmUp-vaen5wB1SUdmwXPwYEz8xuxARM.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=4bb4557d191a2ba000c9b51edf01fb4a2fc3461f

^^if pic doesn't show on first click I think you can just hit refresh
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kobehighlight/status/1631478693808979969?s=20
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/highlighther/status/1635334991130288128?s=61&t=v2PoU5DoWGjJL0iZP_GTRQ
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/abc7/status/1635358275238764544?s=61&t=v2PoU5DoWGjJL0iZP_GTRQ
Martinlutherz
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject:

After arrival of Chat GPT 4, you now have more chances to put positive impact on new generations even about Kobe Bryant
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:26 am    Post subject:

It's 04/13 here in Asia, and FB decided to remind me that this is 10 years since Kobe tore his Achilles and effectively had his career ended
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
It's 04/13 here in Asia, and FB decided to remind me that this is 10 years since Kobe tore his Achilles and effectively had his career ended

60pts at age 37 was when he ended his career
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:02 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
tox wrote:

I'd say you're right, but I'm sure even Kobe saw the last 3 years of his career that way. You know how he felt about winning
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject:

7th anniversary of Kobe's final game:

Kobe Bryant Amazing last 3 minutes in his FINAL GAME vs Jazz (04/13/16)
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:

I'd say you're right, but I'm sure even Kobe saw the last 3 years of his career that way. You know how he felt about winning

I have no doubt he hated the losing, but I also got the feeling he was just trying to literally leave his body on the court with zero regrets. Going to games the last few years he was way more smiley whether playing or in streets. He knew. We knew why BScott was hired. Kobe wasn't there to be that dog anymore. he was there for us IMHO.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:

It is just hard on me to think of anything negative about Kobe's life etc.. It hurts still

I thought you might enjoy this if you didn't see it elsewhere today

From that night (achilles) Kobe Facebook post after the injury
https://www.facebook.com/Kobe/posts/this-is-such-bs-all-the-training-and-sacrifice-just-flew-out-the-window-with-one/10151563315250419/

Quote:
Kobe Bryant
April 13, 2013 Β·
This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??
I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that
was. Maybe this is how my book
ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.
One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.
I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.
Mamba Out
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What the...

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Something like that I'd never heard of, but if true, I certainly would call that reckless, even foolish, although I wouldn't call flying in a helicopter reckless.

So, if that happened, and you have other incidents of that nature, I retract my post.

From what I have read from that fateful day, the weather was bad, visibility especially horrible.
I don't believe the pilot was doing anything risky other than just flying in that crappy weather.
In addition, from what I have read, the helicopter was not equipped with the right technology to know whether he was ascending or descending in the thick cloud cover. When he thought he was going up at 180 MPH, he was actually going down because of spatial disorientation.

At the end of the day, it was just a tragic accident. They should not have been flying until it was clear to do so....
Pilot took a huge risk and I am sure, rain or shine, he was going to get Kobe and friends to their destination.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Sound advice
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpNlG3PATx1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 156 of 162
Jump to: