*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (Thursday, 02/23/23) Gm#60 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Robblake wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
That's an interesting look with Bron heading back to the locker room early. But anyway yay win.

LeBron didn’t smile all game. Famously so jovial at all times. He appeared deeply upset.

I think lingering injuries may be adding up.

I am more inclined to think this. Even when we've lost or he didn't play well he stayed and hi5 the guys on their effort and all this kind of a thing. You would certainly think that would happen in a decisive win. So yeah I'm a little I'm a little concerned about that one…. Obviously I hope it's nothing but yeah

Losing the 20 point steak was a blow to him too.

Agree. Team has a big win and he seemed upset/disinterested at end of game. We all know how much stats etc mean to him. So I actually agree, believe he is very upset about it. Hence why he kept taking terrible shots even though he clearly didn’t have it tonight

Possibly, he was just sick
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Lebron 26mins and AD 25mins...
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Robblake wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
TDRock wrote:
That's an interesting look with Bron heading back to the locker room early. But anyway yay win.

LeBron didn’t smile all game. Famously so jovial at all times. He appeared deeply upset.

I am more inclined to think this. Even when we've lost or he didn't play well he stayed and hi5 the guys on their effort and all this kind of a thing. You would certainly think that would happen in a decisive win. So yeah I'm a little I'm a little concerned about that one…. Obviously I hope it's nothing but yeah

Agree. Team has a big win and he seemed upset/disinterested at end of game. We all know how much stats etc mean to him. So I actually agree, believe he is very upset about it. Hence why he kept taking terrible shots even though he clearly didn’t have it tonight

Good lord. Lol this place is insufferable.

Anyways great W. Let’s keep it going
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I think LeBron is just unhappy with his own play tonight hold himself to a higher standard

Anthony Davis is the guy that really needs to think about it. Looney was just straight abusing him.

All the offensive boards were disgusting to watch, AD I think just doesn't want to play physical and risk getting hurt again. Def a bit alarming.

We have one more spot left for the team I still say that that should be filled by a legitimate center

I actually love Bamba, but he’s also a foul magnet Hassan, Whiteside, anyone?

Bamba is a foul magnet, but he's likely not going to play enough minutes to where him fouling out would ever be a problem. And if he does get enough minutes to foul out, that means Davis is injured, which means we have no chance anyway.

Yeah, it might be time to change our expectations on that LeBron and Anthony Davis had a combine 25 points tonight combined. I’m trying to remember a time in the past where we blew a team out and those two had 25 points. It means the overall team is better if the overall team is better that means we should be working to improve the end of our bench in case of an injury, as we all know that is not unfathomable

Bomba could start for us in certain situations and then his fouls would end up becoming a problem because he’s starting in my scenario where there is no Anthony Davis playing. We need another big that can defend the rim if Bamba gets . into a foul trouble. Perhaps need is too strong of a word more like it would be nice to have.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Twitter is speculating that LeBron was hungover because he apparently posted an IG Story 10 hours ago of himself drinking Lobos.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Twitter is speculating that LeBron was hungover because he apparently posted an IG Story 10 hours ago of himself drinking Lobos.

Oh boy

LeBron is way too much of a professional for that he’s probably sick
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

https://twitter.com/lakersdailycom/status/1628984251181068288?s=46&t=2nVGZxrQud1qRL40_Nwzmw

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Bron left early. He may have wanted to duck an aftergame interview. He didn't play well.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakers now control their own destiny for making the play in...no longer need help due to OKC loss. Need to pass 3 teams for the play in...they are with in two games or less in the loss column of 3 teams that the Lakers play twice: Minny, Utah, OKC.

Since they play those teams twice and are within two games in the loss column, they can catch all three in just the games the Lakers play against them head to head.

They are also within striking distance of three other teams: NOP, GSW, Portland

That's just good enough for the 7th seed tho...need to catch Dallas who have 3 games up in the loss column for 6th but...they do have two games against them too!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I assume Lebron's off night is what was bothering him. He don't usually take it well when he plays like crap like tonight. I'm wondering if that hand is bothering him still.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I assume Lebron's off night is what was bothering him. He don't usually take it well when he plays like crap like tonight. I'm wondering if that hand is bothering him still.

Oh LeHand now possibly on the injury report? Didn’t see that one coming!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Bron left early. He may have wanted to duck an aftergame interview. He didn't play well.

Have you ever known him to do that?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

When I said that earlier it was in jest.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

https://twitter.com/lakersdailycom/status/1628984251181068288?s=46&t=2nVGZxrQud1qRL40_Nwzmw

OH GAWED

Not that Twitter account again. #fakenews
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Good win, when you are looking up at the play in you take all the success you can get.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

I'll take it, should mean he is ready to roll against the Mavs and we aren't dealing with some type of injury or illness
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Robblake wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Good lord. Lol this place is insufferable.

Anyways great W. Let’s keep it going

+Infinity

We won. LBJ couldn't buy a bucket but only played 26, DLo went down, and we still had garbage time.

Enjoy the win instead of trying to read into every little damn thing.

#BannersOverBillboards
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Straight from the horses’s mouth DLO saying the injury isn’t serious so it’s day to day
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Entertaining win. Let’s keep them coming. Mavs next.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What if I showed you this stat line before the game started and told you the Lakers would still win — would you believe me? 😂

- Bron: 5/20 shooting
- AD: 5 shots total
- Dlo: only played 1st half (2 points)

So the role players carried a victory over Klay, Draymond, Poole and friends?!

Don’t want hear (bleep) about our stars needing help…Russ is gone and they have all requisite NBA role player skills on the roster.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:10 am    Post subject:

Lebron and AD had a subpar game and we blew a team out despite that? This is great. Didn't see the game but saw DLO injure his ankle....Hope it's nothing serious we need to be fully healthy to make a run.

Good to see the team being actually fun to watch again lol.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:19 am    Post subject:

So with everything else that went positively one of the things that we’re not talking about is the defense

This team was getting to the point where it had literally no rim protection and it’s all of a sudden turned into a team that doesn’t give up any. It looks at the basket inside.

Of course, there is Anthony Davis but what I focused on tonight was mo Bamba

He was affecting a lot of shots while he was in the game. Literally everyone was trying to account for where he was at whenever they tried to go to the rim or they were shooting from the outside this aloud our defense to rotate better to outside shooters which is why they didn’t scorch us with threes.

It’s not just a fun team now. It’s not just a Deep team now it’s a balance team
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:46 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
So with everything else that went positively one of the things that we’re not talking about is the defense

This team was getting to the point where it had literally no rim protection and it’s all of a sudden turned into a team that doesn’t give up any. It looks at the basket inside.

Of course, there is Anthony Davis but what I focused on tonight was mo Bamba

He was affecting a lot of shots while he was in the game. Literally everyone was trying to account for where he was at whenever they tried to go to the rim or they were shooting from the outside this aloud our defense to rotate better to outside shooters which is why they didn’t scorch us with threes.

It’s not just a fun team now. It’s not just a Deep team now it’s a balance team
DEFENSE IS THE KEY TO WINNING!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:24 am    Post subject:

Bron with the mamba mentality look, all business, blow out win but job’s not done, playoff mode activated
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good win, when you are looking up at the play in you take all the success you can get.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: