RAPTORS -at- LAKERS - 3-10-23 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Here's your outrageous stat of the night from Raptors/Lakers:

The Lakers ran 38 pick and rolls last night leading to 61 points. That's 1.61 points per possession.

Deadly. When they were taking what the defense gave them, they were excellent. When they tried forcing things that weren’t there with pass or dribble, it was really ugly. Raptors length caused problems on those forces. The degree of difficulty was just too high most of the time.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Biggest trade impact since Gasol. This team is going to rock next season if we keep the right pieces.

Assuming general health of the big 2 especially into the playoffs. What I do love is the idea of fewer minutes on Lebron and AD, with the confidence that the cast can and will step up. But still those two have to be there for bulk of the season and all of the playoffs next season. And this year's playoffs. There are other pretty complete teams in the playoffs best of 7.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Startrout wrote:
Every time DLO would pull up for a long 3 on a break or early in the shot clock I was screaming Nooooo at the screen. Of course, then he’d make it and I’m like great shot DLO! They were very risky shots at that point in the game. I guess he really does have “ice in his veins”.

When he’s on a roll or when there is a buzz in energy, I feel really confident in him in those. He made a comment afterward about how he used to shoot those a lot early in games and they were bad shots. And then tried to describe why he took them late in games. He talked about feeling the crowd energy and that they were waiting to explode, wanting to deliver that with those shots. And it was almost like he didn’t quite understand if they were even good shots then.

I think he was trying to describe (but wasn’t really sure how to explain it) that there is a feel for him like I mention above. That there’s a confidence when there’s that extra charge of energy. He is a bit more locked in.
Really, the ideal thing I want to see in a key player for a championship contending team. Mature Dlo is the right Dlo for this time.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Startrout wrote:
Every time DLO would pull up for a long 3 on a break or early in the shot clock I was screaming Nooooo at the screen. Of course, then he’d make it and I’m like great shot DLO! They were very risky shots at that point in the game. I guess he really does have “ice in his veins”.

When he’s on a roll or when there is a buzz in energy, I feel really confident in him in those. He made a comment afterward about how he used to shoot those a lot early in games and they were bad shots. And then tried to describe why he took them late in games. He talked about feeling the crowd energy and that they were waiting to explode, wanting to deliver that with those shots. And it was almost like he didn’t quite understand if they were even good shots then.

I think he was trying to describe (but wasn’t really sure how to explain it) that there is a feel for him like I mention above. That there’s a confidence when there’s that extra charge of energy. He is a bit more locked in.

Funny enough I had a different reaction than Start; in that fourth I wanted him to assert his will as you could just see he was in a "flow" if you will. Unlike with our prior pg, I expected those shots to fall
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

His last couple of games, you could see moments when DLo was amped up. That’s when you want him to let it fly.

All I keep thinking about is the energy exchange. Energy vampires suck all the energy out of a room. DLo wants to amp up that energy so he can help create more.

What is happening, lol?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Imma say it right now, this team has THE JUICE. Before the deadline they we only functional if LeBron was monster. Now? AD can have a bad night, do his best Draymond impression and The Show still wins.

Ooooooooooooo baby.

!...
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Russell was throwing daggers in the fourth. Those were very demoralizing shots for Raptors fans.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject:

PG: WB to DLo

3&D: PatBev to Vando

Nunn to Rui

I mean LW4/Max are our incase of emergency guards

We also have wings, Bron/Vando/Rui/Brown/AD

LFG

joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject:

^^^ He's mending now, but let's not forget Center: Bryant to Mo Bamba for defensive purposes come playoff time.

Hammett wrote:
Biggest trade impact since Gasol. This team is going to rock next season if we keep the right pieces.

I dunno. I thought the trade to bring AD here that resulted in a championship was pretty impactful, but maybe that's just me.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm late, but yay

Thanks DB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: