Max Christie the Lakers 35th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
He’ll probably replace one of Beasley or TBJ next year, yeah

Don’t know which one, though. Beasley provides the more unique skill, but getting rid of him probably gets us out of repeater tax territory (should be relatively easy to get TBJ on a cost-controlled deal)

We can’t offer much to TBJ, probably 3 mil ish. I don’t think we will be out of the tax territory under any circumstances
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Don’t know which one, though. Beasley provides the more unique skill, but getting rid of him probably gets us out of repeater tax territory (should be relatively easy to get TBJ on a cost-controlled deal)

We can’t offer much to TBJ, probably 3 mil ish. I don’t think we will be out of the tax territory under any circumstances

They can bring back mostly everybody, and have until the trade deadline to manage the tax. They can also trade theer 1st for a future 1st, and save some money.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

They can bring back mostly everybody, and have until the trade deadline to manage the tax. They can also trade theer 1st for a future 1st, and save some money.

That’s what they should do, trade out 1st. This will all come down to how much Dlo is going to take. 25 mil is a dream, but I hope he takes 30 mil at the most.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

That’s what they should do, trade out 1st. This will all come down to how much Dlo is going to take. 25 mil is a dream, but I hope he takes 30 mil at the most.

Why would they trade out of the 1st to have a cheap rookie contract for 4 years, just to attempt to resign Brown without bird rights?

The whole point of drafting nowadays is to both build this roster with depth, as well as cheap depth since we would have lengthy rookie contracts.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

DLO is not a 30 mil player and I doubt he'll get that money
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:17 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Can't we offer him the mMLE?

I can see us wanting to keep him over Schroder
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

I guess we could, but I wouldn't take the risk unless it's a projected lottery team in the next few years (assuming we make the playoffs)

15 or so can land us a really decent prospect in this draft
#18 next...
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

DLo is currently making $31.3 million. The cap continues to rise. He just turned 27 years old. The absolute best of the best are making $50+ million. Top-tier bench players make about $18-22 million. As a #3 guy and certified starter, he’s absolutely a $30 million player.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:11 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Can I have some of what you’re smoking?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

I guess we could, but I wouldn't take the risk unless it's a projected lottery team in the next few years (assuming we make the playoffs)

15 or so can land us a really decent prospect in this draft

I think to me it's a 50/50 that pick gets traded... I think it will come down to a few guys contract negotiations this summer. I see one of the guys we can't reach an agreement with being sign and traded with that pick.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if there is analysis of Crowd Excitement and Participation since the Vampire Slayer got here? Crypto probably has some way to detect if the crowds have been louder and less Boos for airballs etc
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Fans, has Max been putting in work at the gym?

From Lakers picture today this week:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Frx2QaRaEAAbDiN?format=jpg&name=large

From Feb 2022:
https://cdn.nba.com/teams/uploads/sites/1610612754/2022/06/GettyImages-1368320520.jpg

I can't wait till they unleash Max next year.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:12 am    Post subject:

Looking as big as Reggie Miller

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/max-christie-of-the-south-bay-lakers-signs-autographs-for-news-photo/1247751500?adppopup=true

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/max-christie-of-south-bay-elevates-for-dunk-over-nikola-news-photo/1247847217?adppopup=true

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/max-christie?assettype=image&family=editorial&phrase=%22Max%20Christie%22%20&sort=newest

NSFW
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/11p4y86/max_yoked_christie/
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject:

Darvin Ham treating Max Christie like Del Harris treated Kobe.

Even when we could've used him in a game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Max Christie considers his future, not his present
Quote:
Christie played in 18 games with the South Bay Lakers this season.
He averaged 14.5 points on 44.1% shooting and 36.4% shooting from three.
With the Lakers this season, he appeared in 38 games, where he has made 41.9% from three and looked like a credible defender against top-tier guards.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/newsletter/2023-04-03/lakers-newsletter-template-lakers
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:02 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Max Christie considers his future, not his present
Quote:
Christie played in 18 games with the South Bay Lakers this season.
He averaged 14.5 points on 44.1% shooting and 36.4% shooting from three.
With the Lakers this season, he appeared in 38 games, where he has made 41.9% from three and looked like a credible defender against top-tier guards.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/newsletter/2023-04-03/lakers-newsletter-template-lakers

Year 2 Max is going to be special, IMO.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I liked his garbage time minutes. 9 minutes five points and three rebounds. He played under control and hit one three. I can't wait to see his growth for Year 2.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Clutch 3 to give us 40!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:22 pm    Post subject:

GREAT minutes in garbage time. He is a really good rebounder for his position and showed some nice progress/confidence offensively.

He is gonna be super nice 3 and D guy, love it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

He and TBJ were the only guys in the 4th who seemed to be playing the right way. Good stuff from the young pup
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

3 ball still looks good.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Liked what I saw from him in the 4th. He’s the official Beasley replacement after this season.

I’m especially looking forward to his summer league and how much more progress he’s made.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Liked what I saw from him in the 4th. He’s the official Beasley replacement after this season.

I’m especially looking forward to his summer league and how much more progress he’s made.

Plus another offseason of coaching from Phil Handy? Yes please
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Plus another offseason of coaching from Phil Handy? Yes please

Phil Handy is gonna have a very busy schedule in the off-season. Working with Rui especially.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Remember what you thought of him after summer league.
But loving the progress Max has been making.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 25 of 49
Jump to: