THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3483, 3484, 3485 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Michael Cohen finished his testimony today in front of the NY grand jury. Legal experts believe an indictment of Trump is imminent.

and unfortunately, some on MNBC think it will strengthen his brand.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:44 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(Watch Sen. Graham push back on DeSantis' Ukraine comments)

Quote:
Members of the Republican party, including Sens. Marco Rubio and Lindsey Graham, are pushing back on Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis after he said Russia's war in Ukraine is a "territorial dispute" and not of "vital national interest."

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

2024 National Republican Primary:

Trump 46% (+14)
DeSantis 32%
Haley 5%
Pence 3%
Cruz 2%
Cheney 2%
Pompeo 1%
Noem 1%
Christie 1%
T. Scott 1%
Sununu 1%
Youngkin 0%
Hutchinson 0%
Johnson 0%
Ramaswamy 0%
Head-2-Head:
Trump 51% (+11)
DeSantis 40%

. -at- QuinnipiacPoll,
677 RV 3/9-13
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(See Tucker Carlson's ‘hackery’ exposed over decades)

Quote:
Dominion’s billion-dollar defamation suit against Fox News is exposing a wider crisis in conservative media, where some of the most damning evidence comes from Fox’s primetime hosts. In this Special Report, MSNBC’s Ari Melber reports on the hypocrisy of Fox host Tucker Carlson’s career, and shows you the contrast between what Carlson says publicly, and what he actually believes. (This is an excerpt of the full discussion that aired on MSNBC).

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Sen. Menendez: Mexican Pres. either "deceiving himself" or "trying to deceive the Mexican people")

Quote:
Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chair Bob Menendez reacts to claims by Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador that Mexico doesn’t manufacture fentanyl. “Either he’s deceiving himself or he’s trying to deceive the Mexican people," he tells José Díaz-Balart.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Political Polls @Politics_Polls

2024 National Republican Primary:

Trump 46% (+14)
DeSantis 32%
Haley 5%
Pence 3%
Cruz 2%
Cheney 2%
Pompeo 1%
Noem 1%
Christie 1%
T. Scott 1%
Sununu 1%
Youngkin 0%
Hutchinson 0%
Johnson 0%
Ramaswamy 0%
Head-2-Head:
Trump 51% (+11)
DeSantis 40%

. [AT] QuinnipiacPoll,
677 RV 3/9-13

I want DeSantis to win. So Trump will claim its rigged and thus split the R party.
Starting to see the dividing lines in the polls. Desantis preferred by college educated Rs. Trump preferred by non-college educated Rs.

But we all know what will happen, Trump will win the nomination. Which might be a good thing. Last time I rooted for 1 Republican over the other. It was 2015, and I thought Trump winning the nomination would kill any chance of the Rs winning the General Election.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject:

DeSantis is going to push too far too fast and lose support.. at least in a 30-35% sane world

Can you believe we go from Trump to something even more extreme and potentially more dangerous for Humanity than he was?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:06 pm    Post subject:

The Young Turks

(Trump BLAMES Mike Pence for January 6th Insurrection)

Quote:
Donald Trump is attempting to deflect the blame for January 6th onto Mike Pence. Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur discuss on The Young Turks.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Texas birth control ruling could 'set a precedent' for other drugs, legal expert says )

Quote:
Katy Tur spoke with Mary Ziegler, University of California Davis Law Professor and abortion law expert, about the Texas case that may limit access to the abortion drug mifepristone.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I loathe DeSantis and stand by him being an overrated general candidate but against Biden specifically I think his youth is a big advantage. I also don't think he's a threat to democracy the way Trump is. So I'm kind of torn which candidate to hope wins in a primary. Kikanga's scenario is ideal but I don't think things will be so simple
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Have you not seen what Meatball Ron has done in Florida? He's an absolute threat to democracy!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I loathe DeSantis and stand by him being an overrated general candidate but against Biden specifically I think his youth is a big advantage. I also don't think he's a threat to democracy the way Trump is. So I'm kind of torn which candidate to hope wins in a primary. Kikanga's scenario is ideal but I don't think things will be so simple

DeSantis is as much of a threat, if not a bigger one, as Trump is. Trump might have attempted to derail Democracy, but DeSantis will be hell bent on destroying a great number of the freedoms we have in this country, as well as Democracy, as is evidence by the things he has done in Florida, like proposing to ban the Democratic Party. Don't let the fact that DeSantis isn't as outspoken about stolen elections and inspiring insurrection fool you. DeSantis wants a fascist state as much as Trump. He's just going about it differently and in a more widespread fashion.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:

DeSantis is as much of a threat, if not a bigger one, as Trump is. Trump might have attempted to derail Democracy, but DeSantis will be hell bent on destroying a great number of the freedoms we have in this country, as well as Democracy, as is evidence by the things he has done in Florida, like proposing to ban the Democratic Party. Don't let the fact that DeSantis isn't as outspoken about stolen elections and inspiring insurrection fool you. DeSantis wants a fascist state as much as Trump. He's just going about it differently and in a more widespread fashion.

Yep. Trump is an actual idiot, whereas DeSantis is extremely smart and well-educated (Yale, and then Harvard law), has a military background, and knows exactly what he's doing. He's a huge threat if he wins the nomination.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:

I'm not sure I agree. Well let me rephrase that, I almost entirely agree with what you said but I don't think Desantis does want to destroy democracy like Trump. The banning the Democratic Party thing is just a dumb publicity stunt and afaict wasn't even proposed by Desantis.

Like don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy. He's vile. He made his name by essentially letting his citizens die to the virus for political gain. But I think he wants to do his fascism within the norms of American democracy and I don't think that's true for Trump.

I am very open to the argument that Trump is an incompetent buffoon and RDS will way more damage if elected, though.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Don't be fooled by any conservative who tries to tell you that DeSantis is a more moderate version of Trump. DeSantis, far from being moderate, is trying to appeal to the same culture-war focused MAGA base that Trump currently controls. To win the hearts and minds of MAGA, to get them to move away from Trump, DeSantis will have to be an even more extreme version of Trump. And therein lies the danger of a DeSantis nomination: in order for him to be successful, he has to be extreme.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1636208382070886400?t=-uXTu2ww7eC0v8w96wTzEQ&s=19
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:

I'm not sure I agree. Well let me rephrase that, I almost entirely agree with what you said but I don't think Desantis does want to destroy democracy like Trump. The banning the Democratic Party thing is just a dumb publicity stunt and afaict wasn't even proposed by Desantis.

Like don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy. He's vile. He made his name by essentially letting his citizens die to the virus for political gain. But I think he wants to do his fascism within the norms of American democracy and I don't think that's true for Trump.

I am very open to the argument that Trump is an incompetent buffoon and RDS will way more damage if elected, though.

Trying to choose between the 2 is like trying to choose between eating throw up or poop.

DeSantis, no doubt, would be more efficient at pushing through Republican policy.

But Trump has that "eff it" factor. Breaking the law is his #1 method of choice. And, to this day, he hasn't been held accountable. He believes he is above the law. And he's been proven right (at least when it comes to criminal matters).
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I agree with that Kikanga lol
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Why conservatives don't want to say what 'woke' means)

Quote:
Alex Wagner points out that what "woke" actually means sound right and sensible, which may be why conservatives and "anti-woke" Republicans avoid being specific about exactly what it is that's so against.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject:

GOP wingnuts probably define woke to be anything that gives awareness and agency to non-whites and other historically oppressed people.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

CNN

(Military expert weighs in on footage of US drone takedown)

Quote:
Lt. General Ben Hodges (Ret.) weighs in on newly released footage from the US reaper drone taken down by a Russian fighter jet.

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

What's become of Kamala? She's a ghost at this point. Given the toll the presidency takes on an individual, never mind what it would do to people past 80, I would have liked to see her take a more active role. What gives?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
What's become of Kamala? She's a ghost at this point. Given the toll the presidency takes on an individual, never mind what it would do to people past 80, I would have liked to see her take a more active role. What gives?

Imo, when a president/Vice president is doing their job, we don't see or hear from them much, as they are...You know...DOING THEIR JOBS!
I frankly find that the press releases showing either one "doing something" is for dumb people who truly don't understand the concept of out of sight= Busy...
This is what Drumpf supporters never understood about 60% of the country hating him...We didn't fall for the goofy press releases like cosplay dump truck driving.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

The VP really only has one job in government. It's pretty much up to the President if they do anything beyond that. I mean, back in the early days of the country the VP wasn't even from the same party. If Harris is invisible and not doing anything, it's because that's what Biden wants.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

that was the hope. She was hated from the start because she is a she and isn't lilly white, but also when joe announced he was picking a woman there was some backlash. Why announce? It was the first of his 2 announcements regarding appointments.

He already had the black vote but needed women so that worked, but why add any fuel to the unwarranted hate Kamala already had.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

The VP really only has one job in government. It's pretty much up to the President if they do anything beyond that. I mean, back in the early days of the country the VP wasn't even from the same party. If Harris is invisible and not doing anything, it's because that's what Biden wants.

Not to mention, the above has been said regarding just about every VP for decades . . . in fact, it was said about Biden during the Obama administration.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3483, 3484, 3485 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3484 of 3663
Jump to: