*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (03/15/23 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#70 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) game. Y'know, if you are AWARE AD is sitting back-to-backs maybe we should have a (bleep) gameplan to at last TRY to address interior defense, rather than letting the worst team in the league roll over us.

My god this is the most bi-polar Lakers team I've watched. All this talk about bringing it and certain players and the coaches just continue to lay eggs or disappoint.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Signing DeMarcus Cousins to a 10 day contract would have given us a W for this game. Good Job ditzy valley girl
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Maybe if they started wenyen, we’d won this game, lol

There is no maybe. The Rui start pretty much screwed them. They lost all momentum when Rui came in during the third for him too. Rui isn’t strong like Lebron

Also not fair to blame Rui when he is being asked to do something he can’t

It is fair to blame him because he didn’t even get one rebound while he was on the court. Everyone else on the team but him hit the glass. He dug that hole to start the first quarter. And in the third when he came in they attacked him again. In the playoffs he’s going to have to help on the glass, contest shots, and all. He outweighs Gabriel by 25 pounds and Vando by 15 pounds. He’s literally the biggest guy on the team and didn’t get 1 rebound, not a steal, not a block, not an assist, nothing in terms of fight.

That start Ham gave him is what lost the game because they played them even or beat them every quarter that Gabriel played the most minutes

Rui may be the one exception where he deserves all the (bleep) he gets from this game. I dont blame Meathead for going to Rui to start. I blame Rui for being garbage

to be fair DLO and Schro crap the bed tonight too.... We needed DLO the most tonight. He underperformed big time.

Rui didn't get enough minutes to redeem himself tbh. They pulled him quick instead of adjusting on where to play him.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

Literally any center on a 10 day and the Lakers win this one

Or if Dlo Beasley Reaves didn't brick so many threes

Really don't understand the FO on this one
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Yea for all you that didnt want DeMarcus Cousins......we would have won this game had he played. All those garbage offensive rebounds from crap like Tate???? NOPE.

I agree Demarcus who is another bo-guarding pork chop would of easily contained Sengun and his bo-guarding pork chop tactics.

Boogie being out of the league and not being able to make it work with multiple teams these past 3-4 seasons makes me think there’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff that he’s a bad teammate.

Same story for Dwight.

I’d like to give Serge a tryout but he might be washed....

Why cant we get someone from the G-leauge? Wjy couldnt we sign jay huff when Damon Jones got traded? Wee could have signed anyone even Taco Fall would be better tahn nothing
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

Don Draper wrote:
(bleep) game. Y'know, if you are AWARE AD is sitting back-to-backs maybe we should have a (bleep) gameplan to at last TRY to address interior defense, rather than letting the worst team in the league roll over us.

My god this is the most bi-polar Lakers team I've watched. All this talk about bringing it and certain players and the coaches just continue to lay eggs or disappoint.

i think Meathead was surprised how often they would attack our interior defense. I felt we were somewhat adjusting to it but Meathead did adjust way too slow after it was very apparent what the crappy Rockets entire gameplan was.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject:

What a wasted opportunity!

No sense of urgency from the entire organization. The attitude and excuses have been present since before the season started.

This team is so damn frustrating. Has been all season.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

1995Lakers wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

i think Meathead was surprised how often they would attack our interior defense. I felt we were somewhat adjusting to it but Meathead did adjust way too slow after it was very apparent what the crappy Rockets entire gameplan was.

How would you not be able to adjust.....we dont have a center lol! What did he think they would do?

Last edited by JustaObserver on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

There is no maybe. The Rui start pretty much screwed them. They lost all momentum when Rui came in during the third for him too. Rui isn’t strong like Lebron

It is fair to blame him because he didn’t even get one rebound while he was on the court. Everyone else on the team but him hit the glass. He dug that hole to start the first quarter. And in the third when he came in they attacked him again. In the playoffs he’s going to have to help on the glass, contest shots, and all. He outweighs Gabriel by 25 pounds and Vando by 15 pounds. He’s literally the biggest guy on the team and didn’t get 1 rebound, not a steal, not a block, not an assist, nothing in terms of fight.

That start Ham gave him is what lost the game because they played them even or beat them every quarter that Gabriel played the most minutes

When the coach put him in a position to fail, coach gets 90% of the blames, not saying Rui had a good game or anything

No that’s on him for not offering anything. If he was not going to try to do anything useful. At least hit his shots. He took 5. He’ll when the lakers clawed the lead down in the third the first things he did was turn the ball over, give up a layup, miss a 3, and shoot a mid range short which led to a runout.

He was literally the momentum swing of the game in the first and third. Literally the only player on the team who was a double digit negative.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Yeah, I did notice his adjustments at the 4 minute mark in the 4th quarter.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Rui may be the one exception where he deserves all the (bleep) he gets from this game. I dont blame Meathead for going to Rui to start. I blame Rui for being garbage

to be fair DLO and Schro crap the bed tonight too.... We needed DLO the most tonight. He underperformed big time.

Rui didn't get enough minutes to redeem himself tbh. They pulled him quick instead of adjusting on where to play him.

Dennis pretty much kept them in the game with free throws and fouls to get them in the penalty. He let them beat the hell out of him to keep that close which is why the rockets broadcast team pointed it out that he was spent in the fourth
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

When the coach put him in a position to fail, coach gets 90% of the blames, not saying Rui had a good game or anything

No that’s on him for not offering anything. If he was not going to try to do anything useful. At least hit his shots. He took 5. He’ll when the lakers clawed the lead down in the third the first things he did was turn the ball over, give up a layup, miss a 3, and shoot a mid range short which led to a runout.

He was literally the momentum swing of the game in the first and third. Literally the only player on the team who was a double digit negative.

If you are talking about efforts, then I can point out a lot of players did poorly on that tonight. I never said he had a good game
AtlLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie bus needs to fire Ham and sell the team afterwards.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Dallas won against Spurs as well lol.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

If AD plays 20 minutes or we have a backup center we win smh
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Dennis pretty much kept them in the game with free throws and fouls to get them in the penalty. He let them beat the hell out of him to keep that close which is why the rockets broadcast team pointed it out that he was spent in the fourth

Whole team shot 38%-25% with Troy Brown only one shooting over 50%... DLO and SChro both shot 30% on the night we needed them the most. Mostly everyone crap the bed tonight. Even Reaves only hitting 1-7 from 3.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Whole team shot 38%-25% with Troy Brown only one shooting over 50%... DLO and SChro both shot 30% on the night we needed them the most. Mostly everyone crap the bed tonight. Even Reaves only hitting 1-7 from 3.

I actually dont blame the bad shooting because it was obvious we were in bad rhythm from the beginning and it felt from the very beginning, we did not deserve to win. Mostly I blame the front office for not signing a 10 day veteran big that would have prevented this from happening. Its like that Tyson Chandler signing from a couple years back. He too was mostly washed and dog (bleep) for the most part but he did save a few games by playing a specific role that year for us

Last edited by 1995Lakers on Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject:

The tone was set in the first quarter lay up line. What incompetence to not have anyone bigger than Gabriel.

It was all uphill after that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
What a wasted opportunity!

No sense of urgency from the entire organization. The attitude and excuses have been present since before the season started.

This team is so damn frustrating. Has been all season.

Exhausted from this ownership group. It feels like we won’t ever get back to top echelon of league until she sells. This nickel and diming just doesn’t work.

Sick and tired of being on play-in/playoff bubble. Repeating this (bleep) for a 4th straight year is insanity.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The tone was set in the first quarter lay up line. What incompetence to not have anyone bigger than Gabriel.

Yup such incompetence by the FO... It was doomed from the start when our frontcourt pretty much all have to play out of position most game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I actually dont blame the bad shooting because it was obvious we were in bad rhythm from the beginning and it felt from the very beginning, we did not deserve to win. Mostly I blame the front office for not signing a 10 day veteran big that would have prevented this from happening. Its like that Tyson Chandler signing from a couple years back. He too was mostly washed and dog (bleep) for the most part but he did save a few games by playing a specific role that year for us

Agreed... If we shot remotely close to our season average. We win tonight. But no excuse for FO not signing a big when MO went down, and knowing that AD won't be playing b2b games.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject:

AtlLaker wrote:
Jeanie bus needs to fire Ham and sell the team afterwards.

The usual chicken Littles are going to blame the coach

How about giving him an actual center to protect the rim?
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The incompetence was not starting Gabriel. You won or broke even pretty much every quarter he mostly played in. It’s the first quarter and starting Rui that but then in the butt because Rui gave them nothing and dug a hole.

Gabriel was a +12 on the court and Rui a -15 that’s a 27 point swing difference between your two bigs you used.

Gabriel was 15 rebounds and Rui was 0 rebounds. Hell Rui didn’t even give 1 foul in this game to deter a drive, he finished with 0 fouls too.

If Ham starts Gabriel in the first like he did in the second half he wins the game. Gabriel is 20 pounds lighter than Rui but he fought his ass off down there. Vando fought his ass off and double doubled down there. It’s literally Ruis egg of a game that cost them.

It doesn’t matter what anyone else shot because they all forced their way to the line. They didn’t shoot good but Denis, Russell, and Austin put their head down and drew fouls. Hell they took elbows and hits on the other end and charges. Rui didn’t bring any effort or fight with them. That can’t happen; it’s why Kuzma kicked his ass out his role and took his money
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The incompetence was not starting Gabriel. You won or broke even pretty much every quarter he mostly played in. It’s the first quarter and starting Rui that but then in the butt because Rui gave them nothing and dug a hole.

Gabriel was a +12 on the court and Rui a -15 that’s a 27 point swing difference between your two bigs you used.

Gabriel was 15 rebounds and Rui was 0 rebounds. Hell Rui didn’t even give 1 foul in this game to deter a drive, he finished with 0 fouls too.

If Ham starts Gabriel in the first like he did in the second half he wins the game. Gabriel is 20 pounds lighter than Rui but he fought his ass off down there. Vando fought his ass off and double doubled down there. It’s literally Ruis egg of a game that cost them.

It doesn’t matter what anyone else shot because they all forced their way to the line. They didn’t shoot good but Denis, Russell, and Austin put their head down and drew fouls. Hell they took elbows and hits on the other end and charges. Rui didn’t bring any effort or fight with them. That can’t happen; it’s why Kuzma kicked his ass out his role and took his money

This is a fair point.

Everyone in the world knew you should start Wenyen if for nothing else to match up with their center. Ham actually bought him in when they sat the dude - which was mind boggling in itself.

It was literally like he was going to play him minutes when the Rockets were going small ball LMAO.

It's like sometimes his rotation decisions are just mind boggling.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

This is a fair point.

Everyone in the world knew you should start Wenyen if for nothing else to match up with their center. Ham actually bought him in when they sat the dude - which was mind boggling in itself.

It was literally like he was going to play him minutes when the Rockets were going small ball LMAO.

It's like sometimes his rotation decisions are just mind boggling.

I mean you would think no matter if Sengun sits or not you start Gabriel just because you want the effort defensively.

The rockets put up 82 paint points on the pacers recently.

At a certain point you should know start Gabriel, start Troy, start Vando and make the game messy. Our guards shot bad from three (law of averages from New Orleans game) but they all had the same get to the free throw line and slow the game down mindset.

But you look up and next thing you know he starts Rui. The Rockets announce sengun will play and he says start Rui. He pretty much threw that 1 quarter away in that start.

Gabriel played most the minutes every quarter after that.

Q1 - 19 / 31
Q2 - 29 / 31
Q3 - 26 / 21
Q4 - 36 / 31

The Lakers were down 13 to 25 when Gabriel came in the game with 3 mins left in the fiest. That was the only quarter Rui played more minutes than him too. .

They lost that game not because they didn’t sign a 10 day big, not because of what Jeanie didn’t pay, not because AD sat, or what Pelinka didn’t do. They lost it because Ham made a dumb coaching move and they got beat down the first 9 minutes of that game.

The team won the game from that point on. Hell the lakers were right there on the glass from the time Rui exited the first and Gabriel came in as well. They lost the glass 26 to 33 from that point on. They could have won with what they had with just Wenyen playing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: