It is irresponsible to not have signed another big.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject: It is irresponsible to not have signed another big.

I know, the front office has done a great job, reshaping this roster. They deserve credit for that but, they also need to be criticized for not signing another big when Bamba went down. They have had plenty of time to assess our team and take into consideration that AD was not gonna play back to back and that on these days, we will need more size.

Not signing a big and losing a game like this game to Houston, can really….REALLY come back to haunt us.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: It is irresponsible to not have signed another big.

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
I know, the front office has done a great job, reshaping this roster. They deserve credit for that but, they also need to be criticized for not signing another big when Bamba went down. They have had plenty of time to assess our team and take into consideration that AD was not gonna play back to back and that on these days, we will need more size.

Not signing a big and losing a game like this game to Houston, can really….REALLY come back to haunt us.

They shoulda just signed Huff the whole season with the roster spot open all year & AD coulda used the help!
HC: Riley
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: It is irresponsible to not have signed another big.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

They shoulda just signed Huff the whole season with the roster spot open all year & AD coulda used the help!

Lux tax implications no? Gotta save those pennies.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject:

This place gets funny. We should beat the rox.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject:

AGREED.

We have an open roster spot.

Demarcus Cousin, Dwight Howard and many others don't have NBA jobs.

Big mistake not to have someone behind Anthony Day-to-Davis and injured Mo Bamba.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
AGREED.

We have an open roster spot.

Demarcus Cousin, Dwight Howard and many others don't have NBA jobs.

Big mistake not to have someone behind Anthony Day-to-Davis and injured Mo Bamba.

Yes. Amazing trade deadline but they need to spend on a big. I know the vet minimum still has tax implications but we need to bolster the front court for the playoffs.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers even without AD & LBJ should beat the Rockets, this is not the result of adding a FA Big, it's the result of poor planning, preparation and coaching...

Every game is a must win, I'm beginning to think the Lakers are OK with not making the playoffs and gearing up for next year!
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

^co-sign. Poor planning. This loss was a pretty obvious one without a center…

It’s either not trying to win or complete arrogance that they can mail in wins without worrying about roster matchups.. Rockets attacked the paint, duh….
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

YES, sign Dwight Howard...

or anyone...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Remember when size was once our advantage with Dwight and McGee, but we traded McGee away for nothing?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:18 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
The Lakers even without AD & LBJ should beat the Rockets, this is not the result of adding a FA Big, it's the result of poor planning, preparation and coaching...

Every game is a must win, I'm beginning to think the Lakers are OK with not making the playoffs and gearing up for next year!

Yep.

- Ham didn’t start Gabriel.
- Lakers didn’t come out with a sense of urgency or effort. We were getting out rebounded by 6’4 players like Kevin Porter Jr. That’s not size issue, that’s an effort issue.
- Ham with zero clue or planning with game Analysis, playing his guys like Beasley and Schroder too long, while playing Reaves too little.

Just pure incompetence.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:30 am    Post subject:

Its funny we all feel this way. We all felt like crap after the Minnesota and NYK games but this one really bothers us because we can see the steaming pile of garbage that Houston is and that had we one big body to deter Houston's entire strategy, we would have won this and won easily in a game the refs were trying so hard to give to us. Think about that guys. We noticed as fans of the Lakers that the refs were trying hard to give the game to the ROAD team (us) and we still lost to one of the worst teams in the league.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject:

Maybe Darvin told them he wants the opportunity to play super small. Because of the analytics.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject:

WENYEN IS NOT A CENTER.

I don't get why Ham/Rob think Wenyen is sufficient. He plays his heart out and I love him for that, but he is literally no match for any true sized center. He doesn't punish other team's center with a 3 point game or perimeter game advantage either.

This was such an unforced error. We knew AD isn't playing B2B games, and that Mo is out for the regular season, and LBJ is likely out for most of the regular season. It's a 10 day. No commitment to anything further.

Watching the 16 win Rox make uncontested layup after layup after dunks was just embarrassing.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: It is irresponsible to not have signed another big.

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

We wasted a 2way on Scottie Pippen while having 17 guards

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:44 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:

Agreed…the logic points to that…“the Lakers are OK with not making the playoffs and gearing up for next year!”

If that is true it would explain not making a trade until the deadline and also not adding another center now. The plan may have been to disregard this season from the beginning. Perhaps they wanted to punish the team for last year or maybe the focus is on the wedding. Either way…or whatever the reason…it just doesn’t seem now, or even at the start, as if competing was ever a priority for this season.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Agreed…the logic points to that…“the Lakers are OK with not making the playoffs and gearing up for next year!”

If that is true it would explain not making a trade until the deadline and also not adding another center now. The plan may have been to disregard this season from the beginning. Perhaps they wanted to punish the team for last year or maybe the focus is on the wedding. Either way…or whatever the reason…it just doesn’t seem now, or even at the start, as if competing was ever a priority for this season.

"Let's find a way to make less money this year."
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
WENYEN IS NOT A CENTER.

I don't get why Ham/Rob think Wenyen is sufficient. He plays his heart out and I love him for that, but he is literally no match for any true sized center. He doesn't punish other team's center with a 3 point game or perimeter game advantage either.

This was such an unforced error. We knew AD isn't playing B2B games, and that Mo is out for the regular season, and LBJ is likely out for most of the regular season. It's a 10 day. No commitment to anything further.

Watching the 16 win Rox make uncontested layup after layup after dunks was just embarrassing.

Crazy thing is AD really isn't a center either. 6-10 True Power Forward.
I have no doubts with AD last night we would beat the Rockets but at the same time he would have been gassed as he usually is after guarding other teams center and power forwards.

As much as I was high on bringing back Boogie he may be just a bad locker room guy as proof of the past 3 seasons bouncing around teams. If we had Rondo to keep him in check I'd feel more comfortable.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Media monkeys running wild today:

Skip and Shannon

SAS and Molly

Max, Key, and J Will

Jalen and Jacoby

Greeny, The Jump Ext.

They all can't be Mike Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser.

Fwiw, not bad takes from Nick Wright and Chris Broussard here:
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Not signing a back up C to a 10 day when you knew AD wasn't going to be playing back to backs was NEGLIGENT the moment Bomba rolled his ankle.

It doesn't have to be a world beater -- it won't -- but we need the rim protection and rebounding.

Not sure what was worse, Rob not realizing our roster is imbalanced right now, or Jeanie being too cheap to pay for the 10 day. Either one reason SUCKS.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject:

How dumb you have to be to not sign a backup C after Bamba's injury
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Maybe Darvin told them he wants the opportunity to play super small. Because of the analytics.

Please stop trying to find a way to blame ham for this

He coaches, who is on the roster
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

the moron can't help himself, 4 guard smallball it is.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Chris is silly.

“AD should have demanded to play. Unfortunately that’s not his personality. I blame management “
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Chris is silly.

“AD should have demanded to play. Unfortunately that’s not his personality. I blame management “

Not saying you halflife but there’s a large group of Lakers fans that say if Kobe was alive he would be blasting everyone on twitter for not having the Mamba Mentality.

I just find that hard to believe he would destroy his brothers Rob Pelinka, AD, and Lebron for our current state.

Rob, his best friend and God father to his children.

AD a close friend as they always maintained a tight relationship through Team USA. Young rookie AD.

Even before AD became a Laker he was always spotted working out at the Mamba Academy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: