Lakers Making the play-in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we make the playoffs?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 64 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 91

ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Last 23 Games Schedule (7-4; Updated as of March 15):

Golden State - W
@Dallas - W
@Memphis - L
@OKC - W
Minnesota - L
Golden State - W
Memphis - W
Toronto - W
New York - L
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - L

3/17 (Fri) - Dallas
3/19 (Sun) - Orlando
3/22 (Wed) - Phoenix
3/24 (Fri) - OKC
3/26 (Sun) - Chicago
3/29 (Wed) - @Chicago
3/31 (Fri) - @Minnesota
4/2 (Sun) - @Houston
4/4 (Tue) - @Utah (Night 1 B2B)
4/5 (Wed) - @Clippers (Night 2 B2B)
4/7 (Fri) - Phoenix
4/9 (Sun) - Utah

Additional Info on the Remaining Schedule - 12 Games (Updated as of March 15):
— 7 Home/5 Road
— 1 Back-to-Back
— 5-game road trip
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I have zero confidence in this team and it’s leadership or the star players
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

That DAL game now becomes super important. Better hope Luka doesn't come trotting back for that one cause by pissing away the HOU game, you have zero margin for error.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I rather have them miss it so we can trade 2 of our unreliable stars
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm really starting to believe the Lakers knew they couldn't win with Russ, so the primary focus and emphasis was LBJ breaking the scoring record; they decided to wait until the right deal was available.

The lack of urgency for this team and poor decisions is a sign that there's no real emphasis on winning or making the playoffs this year.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject:

Just waiting for next season on a clean slate..Westbrick already ruined this season for us.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject:

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Utah has the toughest remaining schedule.
Portland has the 8th toughest remaining schedule.

Meanwhile, us, the Pels, the Mavs and the Wolves have much easier schedules remaining.

We face Utah twice still, so we can effectively end it for them or let them right back in it. But imho, I think Utah & Portland will be out.

So then it comes down to the Pels, Mavs, Wolves or us getting locked out from the top 10 seeds in the west.

I know the dubs, cLips and Suns are also on the bubble and one bad stretch for any of them can sink their current seeding. However I feel they’ll get in whether play-in or as the 4th - 6th seeds.

We still got one head to head matchup vs the Wolves, OKC and the Mavs. Those are all must wins imho.

I doubt we’re title contenders this year. I still don’t think we got enough defense on this squad to get the job done for any hardware. (Don’t let the defensive metrics post trade deadline skew your judgement. Our schedule has been mostly easy, which has resulted in improved defensive numbers during that run).

But I do like our chances in playing spoiler if we do get in with Bron/AD largely intact. And with some bad luck to our opps sprinkled in with some fortunate luck for us…you just never know. One thing is for certain, our coaching/players need to once again play above their heads to avoid an early Cancun vacay.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Utah has the toughest remaining schedule.
Portland has the 8th toughest remaining schedule.

Meanwhile, us, the Pels, the Mavs and the Wolves have much easier schedules remaining.

We face Utah twice still, so we can effectively end it for them or let them right back in it. But imho, I think Utah & Portland will be out.

So then it comes down to the Pels, Mavs, Wolves or us getting locked out from the top 10 seeds in the west.

I know the dubs, cLips and Suns are also on the bubble and one bad stretch for any of them can sink their current seeding. However I feel they’ll get in whether play-in or as the 4th - 6th seeds.

We still got one head to head matchup vs the Wolves, OKC and the Mavs. Those are all must wins imho.

I doubt we’re title contenders this year. I still don’t think we got enough defense on this squad to get the job done for any hardware. (Don’t let the defensive metrics post trade deadline skew your judgement. Our schedule has been mostly easy, which has resulted in improved defensive numbers during that run).

But I do like our chances in playing spoiler if we do get in with Bron/AD largely intact. And with some bad luck to our opps sprinkled in with some fortunate luck for us…you just never know. One thing is for certain, our coaching/players need to once again play above their heads to avoid an early Cancun vacay.

In my hearts of heart I want us to get in and play the Cinderella story but IMO it’s better if we miss the play in or at the very least like you said get bounced early for a Cancun vacation, I can’t stand how both of our superstars handle themselves they bring to much baggage, we need to trade both and bring back as much assets as possible for a fresh new start
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject:

Lakers should make it, with AD in the lineup we should be able to beat the vast majority of teams we play...we have two more back to backs I believe...if those are more likely losses then we need every game AD is in
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject:

I still think that we land the 9 seed.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject:

9th is basically same as 10th. Basically, we'd have to win two game 7's just to get the last and final playoff spot where we would face the number 1 seed that didn't have to play two additional game 7's.

Needless to say, the odds will be heavily against us.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
9th is basically same as 10th. Basically, we'd have to win two game 7's just to get the last and final playoff spot where we would face the number 1 seed that didn't have to play two additional game 7's.

Assuming we stay at the 10th spot pray to the gods we get a match up with the Nuggets in the 1st round assuming both of our stars are healthy and handle business in the play in
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject:

Will go down to the wire. Losing to a team like Houston won't help.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Assuming we stay at the 10th spot pray to the gods we get a match up with the Nuggets in the 1st round assuming both of our stars are healthy and handle business in the play in

Yea, assuming we make the play in first since it's no longer a guarantee. Needless to say, the road to number 18 won't be an easy one with AD being glassman and Lebron being questionable.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Yea, assuming we make the play in first since it's no longer a guarantee.

If AD keeps missing games we will be out of it for sure, it’s not just about not playing in back-2-backs he can go down with some random injury that will all but screw up our playoffs hopes, this is why I don’t really understand not pushing AD to play when we need him out there it’s not like he’s reliable when it comes to being on the court.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

If AD keeps missing games we will be out of it for sure, it’s not just about not playing in back-2-backs he can go down with some random injury that will all but screw up our playoffs hopes, this is why I don’t really understand not pushing AD to play when we need him out there it’s not like he’s reliable when it comes to being on the court.

They clearly underestimated Houston. Houston has bottom 3 secured so winning another game wouldn't change their lottery chances. Lakers shouldn't have underestimated them and should have taken every game serious.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

They clearly underestimated Houston. Houston has bottom 3 secured so winning another game wouldn't change their lottery chances. Lakers shouldn't have underestimated them and should have taken every game serious.

Sadly I don’t think they underestimated anyone lol, Ham has been preaching the same thing you just said, our coach knows all about good teams losing to bottom feeders, the Lakers should have known that they have a laser on there back every game
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject:

They rested AD so they clearly underestimated Houston. We tried so hard to win all the tough games and then we laid an egg against a bottom feeder just like that. Inexcusable. AD has played like only half the games this season. He should be playing extended minutes right now instead of limited minutes. Are they being greedy and try to save AD for the playoffs which might not happen?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject:

No they didn’t, they already said him sitting out back to back games was already pre-planned weeks ago but that still doesn’t change the fact that when we are in a close battle with the play in teams the Lakers can’t afford to have him sit out games, the Lakers should have still beaten Houston especially when we have quality players now but we layed a stinker in a critical part of the season this is all on the players and the Organization
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Gotta get at least the 8th spot, need both margin for error and the chance of playing only one game. Winning two games from the 9-10 is a recipe for disaster.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

This team is good overall, but they just don't come out prepared for certain games. Hard to blame any one thing for this, the 2-10 start, Ham, AD being injured, poor FO decisions. They act like they are already a 3 seed when a few more losses could very well knock us out for good. All the talk about being "greedy" and "must-win" games sounds like BS now, I want to actually see them fighting for their basketball lives out there.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:43 am    Post subject:

Last 23 Games Schedule (7-5; Updated as of March 19):

Golden State - W
@Dallas - W
@Memphis - L
@OKC - W
Minnesota - L
Golden State - W
Memphis - W
Toronto - W
New York - L
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - L
Dallas - L

3/19 (Sun) - Orlando
3/22 (Wed) - Phoenix
3/24 (Fri) - OKC
3/26 (Sun) - Chicago
3/29 (Wed) - @Chicago
3/31 (Fri) - @Minnesota
4/2 (Sun) - @Houston
4/7 (Fri) - Phoenix
4/9 (Sun) - Utah

Additional Info on the Remaining Schedule - 11 Games (Updated as of March 19):
— 6 Home/5 Road
— 1 Back-to-Back
— 5-game road trip
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Last 23 Games Schedule (8-5; Updated as of March 19):

Golden State - W
@Dallas - W
@Memphis - L
@OKC - W
Minnesota - L
Golden State - W
Memphis - W
Toronto - W
New York - L
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - L
Dallas - L
Orlando - W

3/22 (Wed) - Phoenix
3/24 (Fri) - OKC
3/26 (Sun) - Chicago
3/29 (Wed) - @Chicago
3/31 (Fri) - @Minnesota
4/2 (Sun) - @Houston
4/7 (Fri) - Phoenix
4/9 (Sun) - Utah

Additional Info on the Remaining Schedule - 10 Games (Updated as of March 19):
— 5 Home/5 Road
— 1 Back-to-Back
— 5-game road trip
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Other than the OKC game, the Minny game and the 2 vs Utah, I’m interested in how the squad shows up for those home & home games vs the Bulls. You know AC will try to show out vs his old squad, but best believe PatBev will have them boys circling those games like it’s their Finals championship games.

Quote:
“The man does everything,” DeRozan said. “(It’s) electrifying, especially when we’re at home. It gets the crowd going, and you’ve got to feed off of that when you see a guy sacrificing himself for big plays and to save a possession. It carries over from there.” What has Beverley brought? “A different type of leadership,” DeRozan said. “Consistent voice. He’s played with some great players. Look at the list of players he’s played with. He’s played with some Hall of Fame players that know how to play the game. He’s not who he is for no reason. He earned that reputation of being tough, being vocal, doing everything that he brings to the table, and it shows.” – via Darnell Mayberry @ The Athletic

Our boys better come correct!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I feel like that 4 game road trip is a bit of a nightmare.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: