THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3484, 3485, 3486 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Report: DeSantis ate chocolate pudding with 3 fingers)

Quote:
The Daily Beast reports that during a private plane flight four years ago, Ron DeSantis enjoyed a chocolate pudding dessert by eating it with three of his fingers, according to two sources familiar with the incident. David Plouffe and Sarah Longwell join to discuss how the Florida governor's awkwardness could impact the 2024 race.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(WMD Inspector: Bush should have faced war crimes court over Iraq invasion | The Mehdi Hasan Show)

Quote:
Former U.N. Chief Weapons Inspector Hans Blix gained notoriety 20 years ago when he contradicted President George W. Bush’s claims about Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. He asked for more time to find those weapons, Bush instead invaded Iraq. Two decades later, Blix joins Mehdi to discuss lessons learned from the war, and why he’s worried history could repeat itself.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I still think Biden should offer a plan to help Republicans who are compromised by Russian Intelligence.

Is DeSantis one of them? Why the eff is he spouting off about Ukraine?
Betting he has some sex with students hidden or an abortion or two....
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Lawrence: Trump will attack and savage Manhattan DA Bragg if charged)

Quote:
MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell analyzes the status of Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg’s investigation into the hush-money payment paid to adult film actress Stephanie Clifford on behalf of former President Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign, and notes how Bragg’s background has uniquely prepared him for what could be a historic moment.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

David Pakman Show

(Marjorie Taylor Greene blurts out confidential information at public hearing)

Quote:
-- Radical and repugnant Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene blurts out classified information during a public Congressional hearing

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I still think Biden should offer a plan to help Republicans who are compromised by Russian Intelligence.

I agree. I hear there's a great program down in Guantanamo Bay.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

I agree. I hear there's a great program down in Guantanamo Bay.

Where they stay woke 24x7 to their least favorite music
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I never knew about this
https://www.rawstory.com/jim-jordan-michael-cohen-2659603549/
Quote:
Jordan is now running the subcommittee on the weaponization of government, not under Donald Trump but under President Joe Biden.

Cohen has alleged that, while Trump was in office, he weaponized the Justice Department against him specifically. At one point, Cohen was going to be released on house arrest while the pandemic ravaged overcrowded prisons around the country. As Cohen was about to be released, he was told that he had to sign a non-disclosure agreement stating that he wouldn't speak to the media about Trump or write a book about his experience while working for him. Cohen refused, and he was returned to prison.

Cohen sued and won, with the judge slamming the Bureau of Prisons under the DOJ, saying that it was attempting to quash the First Amendment Rights of Cohen. There has not been any investigation into that case, and the DOJ has refused to turn over any documents about the issue.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
No, it was Phil McCracken who hunted down the origins of fanboy. You're confusing Harry w/ Phil here. Phil debunked the notion that Jack Mayhoffer created the term.

:rofl

That McCracken was wide open. Couldn't pass it up.

Witty as ever NPZ...Comedy gold.
You must have been a ghostwriter on the Ishtar script.

Now there's a pull.

I was offered the Ishtar gig after making Best Defense another comedic hit for Eddie Murphy....and that success is how I later was brought into the Howard The Duck project, by the way.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
No, it was Phil McCracken who hunted down the origins of fanboy. You're confusing Harry w/ Phil here. Phil debunked the notion that Jack Mayhoffer created the term.

:rofl

That McCracken was wide open. Couldn't pass it up.

Witty as ever NPZ...Comedy gold.
You must have been a ghostwriter on the Ishtar script.

Now there's a pull.

I was offered the Ishtar gig after making Best Defense another comedic hit for Eddie Murphy....and that success is how I later was brought into the Howard The Duck project, by the way.

Impressive, but if you wrote Battlefield Earth, Xanadu, or Cats then I would be absolutely Gobsmacked...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:
I loathe DeSantis and stand by him being an overrated general candidate but against Biden specifically I think his youth is a big advantage. I also don't think he's a threat to democracy the way Trump is. So I'm kind of torn which candidate to hope wins in a primary. Kikanga's scenario is ideal but I don't think things will be so simple

DeSantis is as much of a threat, if not a bigger one, as Trump is. Trump might have attempted to derail Democracy, but DeSantis will be hell bent on destroying a great number of the freedoms we have in this country, as well as Democracy, as is evidence by the things he has done in Florida, like proposing to ban the Democratic Party. Don't let the fact that DeSantis isn't as outspoken about stolen elections and inspiring insurrection fool you. DeSantis wants a fascist state as much as Trump. He's just going about it differently and in a more widespread fashion.

I'm not sure I agree. Well let me rephrase that, I almost entirely agree with what you said but I don't think Desantis does want to destroy democracy like Trump. The banning the Democratic Party thing is just a dumb publicity stunt and afaict wasn't even proposed by Desantis.

Like don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy. He's vile. He made his name by essentially letting his citizens die to the virus for political gain. But I think he wants to do his fascism within the norms of American democracy and I don't think that's true for Trump.

I am very open to the argument that Trump is an incompetent buffoon and RDS will way more damage if elected, though.

But he's all in on voter suppression laws, which is about as anti-democratic as it gets.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
New on @MSNBC: Local, state, and federal law enforcement and security agencies are preparing for the possibility that Donald Trump could be indicted as early as next week, according to five senior officials familiar with the preparations. @NBCNews

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1636784579120857108?t=BaGMXdDLEcV-pYMoAZ9xoA&s=19
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(Russell Brand Is A Corporate Sellout)

Quote:
Russell Brand discusses his recent appearance on Tucker Carlson's daytime show. Brand plays a clip where he brought up how Tucker feels about homeless people. Carlson says that he gets frustrated with how homeless people are used as political pawns, but doesn't hold any malice towards homeless people themselves all while calling them them junkies.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(Jon Stewart SHREDS Dishonest Moron's Inflation Lies)

Quote:
Jon Stewart speaks with former Obama Treasury Secretary Larry Summers about the economy and what Summers believes the causes for inflation and high prices are.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
tox wrote:

I'm not sure I agree. Well let me rephrase that, I almost entirely agree with what you said but I don't think Desantis does want to destroy democracy like Trump. The banning the Democratic Party thing is just a dumb publicity stunt and afaict wasn't even proposed by Desantis.

But he's all in on voter suppression laws, which is about as anti-democratic as it gets.

Very true. Desantis is more of a blank canvas than Trump. He has the potential to be less horrible and more horrible than Trump on several issues. Including the one you mentioned.
And Trump was correct to call him out for being for sale to the highest bidder. If he can make $ off of it. Or his donors can make $ off of it. Any level of atrocity is possible on several issues.

But I kinda wanna dig into this statement more:

tox wrote:
I loathe DeSantis and stand by him being an overrated general candidate but against Biden specifically I think his youth is a big advantage..

I think when you factor in all variables. Being old as dirt is an asset for running for President in 2024. For either party. I have my theories on why. But that's a whole other long-winded post.

Tox, why do you think youth would be an advantage? Maybe you know something I don't.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

('Run': Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen gives advice to current Trump lawyers)

Quote:
“The smartest thing a lawyer can do if Donald Trump asks to represent him in this nightmare that he is going to be living: Run! Run as fast as you can!” says former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I know I've said this before, but the best thing for Biden and the Democrats is for Trump to win the nomination. I'm with tox on this one. Trump is too, pardon the pun, toxic. Too loathed. Optics are more important for voters than facts are, so DeSantis being almost as terrible as Trump is from a policy standpoint won't be the issue. He'll be seen as a younger alternative, and millions of swing state voters probably don't mind a little authoritarianism with their candidates. We can throw the popular vote out the window, as it's irrelevant: Trump almost won the last election, as awful, truly awful as he is. Yes, Biden is the incumbent and that historically helps, but I do worry about the age thing, as he'll be asking voters to give him another term at age 82. If he happens to offer up gaffe after gaffe in the lead up to the election, the optics might look terrible for swing state voters when compared to a much younger man who, whatever he's saying, probably won't be making too many language gaffes. If DeSantis is seen as a much younger alternative and if voters are fooled by the optics of him not being as bombastic, and given that in many swing states his fascism could be seen as "strong leadership", I could absolutely see him winning the general. I just can't see Trump doing so. He's truly, truly hated by not only the left, but by many independents too. As for what I think Biden's biggest weakness is, well, Trump is not that much younger and he's also prone to verbal gaffes and looking like he's well past his mental prime. I fear that DeSantis will not be hated by enough people in the middle, and I think the right will still get out and vote for him.

This is why I hope Trump gets indicted. Go ahead Donald, paint yourself as a martyr. Rally your sheep. Win the nomination. Then lose the general.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:27 am    Post subject:

NYT: Trump Claims His Arrest Is Imminent and Calls for Protests, Echoing Jan. 6

Quote:
With former President Donald J. Trump facing indictment by a Manhattan grand jury but the timing of the charges uncertain, he declared on his social media site on Saturday that he would be arrested on Tuesday and demanded that his supporters protest on his behalf.

Mr. Trump made the declaration on his site, Truth Social, at 7:26. a.m., in a post that ended with, “THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE AND FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!”

Two hours later, a spokesman issued a statement clarifying that Mr. Trump had not written his post with direct knowledge of the timing of any arrest.

“President Trump is rightfully highlighting his innocence and the weaponization of our injustice system,” the statement said.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office declined to comment.

Although prosecutors working for the district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg, have signaled that an indictment of Mr. Trump could be imminent, they have not told Mr. Trump’s lawyers when charges would be sought or when an arrest would be made, people with knowledge of the matter said. At least one more witness is expected to testify in front of the grand jury, which could slightly delay any indictment, the people said.

And one of the people said that even if the grand jury were to vote to indict the former president on Monday, a Tuesday surrender was unlikely given the need to arrange timing, travel and other logistics.

The statement from Mr. Trump’s spokesman did not explain how he landed on Tuesday as the arrest date, but one of the people with knowledge of the matter said that his advisers’ best guess was that it could happen around then, and that someone may have relayed that to the former president.

Mr. Trump, who faced his first criminal investigation in the late 1970s, has been deeply anxious about the prospect of arrest, which is expected to include being fingerprinted, one of the people said. When the Trump Organization’s former chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, was arrested in 2021, Mr. Trump watched in horror as television news showed Mr. Weisselberg flanked by officers in the courthouse and said he couldn’t believe what was being done to him.

Mr. Trump’s post urging his supporters to “PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!” carried unmistakable echoes of the incendiary messages he posted online in the weeks before the attack on the U.S. Capitol. In the most notorious of those messages, he announced on Twitter that he would hold a rally in Washington on Jan. 6, 2021. “Be there,” he told his millions of followers. “Will be wild.”
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
David Pakman Show

(Marjorie Taylor Greene blurts out confidential information at public hearing)

Quote:
-- Radical and repugnant Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene blurts out classified information during a public Congressional hearing

Such a fool! She was going on and on about a ball of duct tape she claimed was a bomb planted by Mexican cartel members when all it turned out to be was full of sand.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I know I've said this before, but the best thing for Biden and the Democrats is for Trump to win the nomination. I'm with tox on this one. Trump is too, pardon the pun, toxic. Too loathed. Optics are more important for voters than facts are, so DeSantis being almost as terrible as Trump is from a policy standpoint won't be the issue. He'll be seen as a younger alternative, and millions of swing state voters probably don't mind a little authoritarianism with their candidates. We can throw the popular vote out the window, as it's irrelevant: Trump almost won the last election, as awful, truly awful as he is. Yes, Biden is the incumbent and that historically helps, but I do worry about the age thing, as he'll be asking voters to give him another term at age 82. If he happens to offer up gaffe after gaffe in the lead up to the election, the optics might look terrible for swing state voters when compared to a much younger man who, whatever he's saying, probably won't be making too many language gaffes. If DeSantis is seen as a much younger alternative and if voters are fooled by the optics of him not being as bombastic, and given that in many swing states his fascism could be seen as "strong leadership", I could absolutely see him winning the general. I just can't see Trump doing so. He's truly, truly hated by not only the left, but by many independents too. As for what I think Biden's biggest weakness is, well, Trump is not that much younger and he's also prone to verbal gaffes and looking like he's well past his mental prime. I fear that DeSantis will not be hated by enough people in the middle, and I think the right will still get out and vote for him.

This is why I hope Trump gets indicted. Go ahead Donald, paint yourself as a martyr. Rally your sheep. Win the nomination. Then lose the general.

If Desantis wins the nomination. I think he'll have the same issue Romney and McCain had.
He'll get sane Republicans to vote for him in the general election. But he won't galvanize enough of the looney tunes wing of voters.
And Trump will burn the Republican party to the ground if he loses the nomination. Every single thing he's said about the 2020 election will be said about the GOP primary. And his people won't show up in the general election for Desantis.
Trump is a cult leader. For example. If the nomination process has started, and Trump has a heart attack on the crapper. Surrounded by McDonalds and cocaine. His followers would deny all objective evidence and claim Desantis and "establishment Republicans" killed him. That's how looney tunes those people are.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I hope he does get arrested. But I'm just gonna assume he's above the law, until I'm proven wrong. Since he won the Presidency, there's been too many similar articles to this, that never came true.

I want it to be true. But I'm not getting my hopes up.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject:

Garland should have been the first person to indict, arrest, and incarcerate Trump

Bout to give up on politics again forever because of Merrick Garland the Republican

The list he can choose from to stop Trump from being a politician is endless yet He somehow cannot find anything whatsoever to charge trump with... 🤔

The Threats are coming from inside the house and nobody has stopped the true Threats..The Politicians and their Billionaires

The list of CRIMES Trump committed and the lack of a single arrest is reason enough to not trust ANY US Politician and Garlands cowardice is responsible and near treasonous

If the AG is a politician too then it's all a dog and pony show
January 6th of what year again? Lol
Now we have Insurrectionists driving the Republican clown car and even more in charge than they were before

Look at the seats insurrection supporting traitor trash have now
Garland could have done something but he's a politician protecting politicians
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I hope he does get arrested. But I'm just gonna assume he's above the law, until I'm proven wrong. Since he won the Presidency, there's been too many similar articles to this, that never came true.

I want it to be true. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Same. He will probably get away with every crime he's ever committed.

The one thing he might not be able to get away with is if the DOJ can nail him for passing/selling top secret documents to foreign actors. Just stealing them in the first place would land anyone else in prison. But with Trump they'd probably have to prove actual espionage for him to go down.

But again, not holding my breath.

(There's a higher probability that high cholesterol, high blood pressure or a fall takes him out before the rule of law does.)
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject:

arrest him on wednesday without cameras. No martyring here.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject:

I doubt any of it will be on camera. The Secret Service will slip him in the back way then slip him back out after a brief process.

It's possible if some pro-Trump crowd gathers outside that and he might to decide to address them outside the courthouse.

But this is Manhattan, not Florida. Most New Yorkers hate him and would boo him on sight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3484, 3485, 3486 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3485 of 3663
Jump to: