Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Can't help but feel disappointed by the series finale of Servant.

It was fine. But it was nowhere near as good as the high moments throughout the series.

Now that it is all done. I'll give it a flat 8 out of 10.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Ted Lasso premiere is out tonight. Wasn't a fan of season 2. But the premiere for season 3 was great!

I like the series. Ted's seemingly silly anecdotes are loaded with hidden realism. He can spin a tale about an elevator failure and make it to the top parallelling the story's drama at that moment. If you listen to them you will hear some of life's realities are being expounded. Ted is not the fool he portrays. He's clandestinely wise.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm giving The English a shot. Has anybody seen it?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject:

The Ricky Gervais special is pretty funny on Netflix
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject:

The world building in Perry Mason is so immersive.

It so easy to get consumed by the setting of the show. You could say the setting is actually the main character of the show.

Really enjoying it. I imagine it costs a fortune to make.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject:

The Mayor Of Kingstown finale was dope. Iris is a survivor. She gets it done. From what I've read there will be a season 3. What will be her role in season 3? Will she be Mike's woman? Will Mike and Bunny actually go to war against each other? How will Kareem deal with being raped? Did Mike plant a bomb in the bag with the bonds or did Milo fake his death? Mike looked surprised when the boat exploded.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Mayor Of Kingstown finale was dope. Iris is a survivor. She gets it done. From what I've read there will be a season 3. What will be her role in season 3? Will she be Mike's woman? Will Mike and Bunny actually go to war against each other? How will Kareem deal with being raped? Did Mike plant a bomb in the bag with the bonds or did Milo fake his death? Mike looked surprised when the boat exploded.

Season 2 was great. I wonder how Renners health is. Maybe they will have to write a limp in to the script.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Season 2 was great. I wonder how Renners health is. Maybe they will have to write a limp in to the script.

Quote:
Renner — also know for playing Hawkeye in various Marvel productions — suffered numerous injuries in a snowplow accident in January. He had completed work on the second season of “Kingstown” before the accident. But the accident did lead to one change: a poster for the series which showed Renner’s character with facial injuries was modified to remove the injuries, to be sensitive to what Renner has gone through. He is on the mend, by the way, and the producers are planning for a third season if Paramount+ gives the go-ahead. CinemaBlend reported that, if Renner has recovered, production could resume late this summer.

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject:

1st episode of accused is something.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:20 am    Post subject:

New episode of Snowfall dropped.

This final season, episode after episode. The stakes just keep going up and up. And nobody is safe.

The show is pure 🔥.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject:

I started Your Honor. I'm up to season 1 E3. It's corruption by affiliation. I like it.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject:

I'm on S2 E4. Rosie Perez is in season 2. She's come a long way from Fly Girls, In Living Color. That show launched some great careers. Keenen Ivory Wayans, Jim Carrey, Damon Wayans, Tommy Davidson, Kim Wayans, Shawn Wayans, Marlon Wayans, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Coles, Chris Rock, Anne-Marie Johnson, too name a few. Mark Margolis from Better Call Saul, plays Carlos Conti, a mobster.
"Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we start to deceive" is so apropos. I like the series, but unfortunately, Showtime doesn't agree. Your Honor is done. I'll leave it to those who haven't seen it to watch or not. I recommend a peek.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I like the series, but unfortunately, Showtime doesn't agree. Your Honor is done. I'll leave it to those who haven't seen it to watch or not. I recommend a peek.

I like it too.
But do you agree with my past comments in this thread?

The show isn't made optimally. It should be more attention grabbing than it is. The cast is fantastic. The story is good. But there a lulls. Maybe it could be edited better? Maybe the plot could be depicted in a faster pace?
It's tough for me to put my finger on it. But it's a 7-8 in my book. When it should be an 8-9.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I like the series, but unfortunately, Showtime doesn't agree. Your Honor is done. I'll leave it to those who haven't seen it to watch or not. I recommend a peek.

I like it too.
But do you agree with my past comments in this thread?

The show isn't made optimally. It should be more attention grabbing than it is. The cast is fantastic. The story is good. But there a lulls. Maybe it could be edited better? Maybe the plot could be depicted in a faster pace?
It's tough for me to put my finger on it. But it's a 7-8 in my book. When it should be an 8-9.

Attention grabbing IA. Love the cast, no big names make it about the series, not a star. Good story. I didn't sense a lull, slow but not really. Can't speak on editing, no real knowledge. I think the pace is fine. I don't like the way the judges character is being treated. I'm only on S2 E5. Conception, as SAS would say, is fluid.

EDIT;

Your Honor was slated as a limited series thus only 2 seasons. IMO there was enough story left for more seasons especially since Jimmy, on life support, opened his eyes in the finale. Little Mo and Gina could have been a storyline. Lee Delamere and Olivia Delmont had legs.

I thought it was one of the better series of late. Sorry to see it go.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Began watching The Night Agent on Netflix.

Solid spy series. It's an easy watch with good pacing.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO The Last Of Us lacks excitement.

also lacks

dialogue
screen presence
strong acting performances
memorable scenes
edge

It only took them a couple of episodes to have an entire episode with cannibalism, and 0 zombies. It took The Walking Dead a couple of years to reach such degradation.

RIP HBO

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:
IMO The Last Of Us lacks excitement.

also lacks

dialogue
screen presence
strong acting performances
memorable scenes
edge

It only took them a couple of episodes to have an entire episode with cannibalism, and 0 zombies. It took The Walking Dead a couple of years to reach such degradation.

RIP HBO

It's not THAT bad. But I do have some criticisms of the show.
They went halfway with the source material. And when you do that you get a watered down version (that the greatest amount of people will like) vs. something truly special.

The world is deeper, the lack of happy endings for side characters is more fleshed out, even the highs and lows of the two main characters are broader and more well earned. Making the conclusion 10x more powerful.

But that's difficult to translate onto TV successfully. That can wear out your viewers. All things said. We are all a bunch on niche nitpicky bastards. Wouldn't be surprised if Last of Us wins multiple Emmys along with its viewership success.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject:

I'm not watching the last of us season 2. I thought the ending of season 1 was supposed to be this really cool twist or this really thought provoking conclusion, and I just finished the episode saying to myself "that was it."

... and being so disappointed with the ending, I decided to go all out spoilers and read about the second season. Nope, I'm out. Zero interest in that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I've really got to start watching that Clone Wars animated series. There's so much backstory that I'm missing in the Mandalorian.

It was pretty cool how they brought back the actor who played Jar Jar and gave him a hero role as a Jedi warrior in the last episode. I didn't know who the actor was when I watched it but I figured he was someone with a connection to Star Wars the way he was featured. After watching an episode breakdown the next day, it was sad to learn how the role of Jar Jar sent him on a downward spiral that caused him to consider suicide.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I've really got to start watching that Clone Wars animated series. There's so much backstory that I'm missing in the Mandalorian.

It was pretty cool how they brought back the actor who played Jar Jar and gave him a hero role as a Jedi warrior in the last episode. I didn't know who the actor was when I watched it but I figured he was someone with a connection to Star Wars the way he was featured. After watching an episode breakdown the next day, it was sad to learn how the role of Jar Jar sent him on a downward spiral that caused him to consider suicide.

Speaking of the Mandolorian...

I dont know what happened, but this show feels so aimless and bad in the worst ways. It could just be that Im misremembering Mando season 1 and 2 since its been so long, but I dont ever remember thinking to myself how bad and unnatural every piece of dialogue is in each episode or asking myself what even the point of each episode is.

So far Mando season 3 is cool looking (but pointless) space fights and a bunch of larpers cosplaying and acting like they're in a renaissance fair.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:30 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I dont know what happened, but this show feels so aimless and bad in the worst ways. It could just be that Im misremembering Mando season 1 and 2 since its been so long, but I dont ever remember thinking to myself how bad and unnatural every piece of dialogue is in each episode or asking myself what even the point of each episode is.

So far Mando season 3 is cool looking (but pointless) space fights and a bunch of larpers cosplaying and acting like they're in a renaissance fair.

Pointless The Mandalorian was cleansed in the Living Waters and redeemed. This Is The Way!

Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ksig wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Pointless The Mandalorian was cleansed in the Living Waters and redeemed. This Is The Way!

It feels bad though because a couple years ago Id say it was one of my favorite shows. Now I find myself fastforwarding through it.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Is anybody watching “Your Honor” with Bryan Cranston? I’m thinking about adding showtime for this show and to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Haven't seen it. I hear season one is pretty solid but it takes a step back in season 2. But I'm jumping on here to say that if you need that extra push to add Showtime for a bit, definitely check out Yellowjackets. Crazy first season that's ramping up for season 2 in a few weeks, so you have time to catch up.

I just realized that if you have Paramount+, you can add showtime in your paramount account for an extra $1.99/mo, so I added it. I still have The Night Agent to finish first, but definitely going to check out Yellow Jackets soon.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Is anybody watching “Your Honor” with Bryan Cranston? I’m thinking about adding showtime for this show and to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once.

I'm watching Your Honor. I don't think it is enough on its own to order showtime. It should be an 8-9 out of 10 show with its cast.
But something is off on its execution. Knocks it down to a 7-8. Maybe its the editing is bad or the pacing is a bit too slow. Tough to put my finger on why its not as good as it should be.

That’s disappointing to hear. Slow pace is the one that gets me because I was planning to watch while doing cardio. I think I’m going to do Sons Of Anarchy next then. I never got around to watching it. That should keep me busy for a while.

I watched both seasons and thought it was one of the better series to date. It's slated as a limited series thus only 2 seasons. It puzzles me why it wasn't given more seasons if only because of the number of viewers it garnered. There is so much meat left on the bone to, IMO, warrant another season or 2. I recommend a peek.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I'm watching Your Honor. I don't think it is enough on its own to order showtime. It should be an 8-9 out of 10 show with its cast.
But something is off on its execution. Knocks it down to a 7-8. Maybe its the editing is bad or the pacing is a bit too slow. Tough to put my finger on why its not as good as it should be.

That’s disappointing to hear. Slow pace is the one that gets me because I was planning to watch while doing cardio. I think I’m going to do Sons Of Anarchy next then. I never got around to watching it. That should keep me busy for a while.

I watched both seasons and thought it was one of the better series to date. It's slated as a limited series thus only 2 seasons. It puzzles me why it wasn't given more seasons if only because of the number of viewers it garnered. There is so much meat left on the bone to, IMO, warrant another season or 2. I recommend a peek.

Nice. Glad to see a positive review, and I love Cranston. As far as being a limited series, sometimes these shows with big name actors have big escalation clauses in their contracts where their pay jumps significantly after a few seasons. And it’s not like “Friends” in the old days, where you can track viewers and charge more for advertising and oy everybody $1M per episode. Eventually they just have to move on. I think this is kind of what happened with Sneaky Pete also, I loved that show.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 93 of 110
Jump to: