I'm Done
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Man....I hate meathead but I dont think tonight was on meathead. It was 1. AD and 2. D'Lo with 3. Beasley.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
meltdown thread lmfao. Lakers will still be in the play-in.

Is that the goal? It’s not for me.

The expectations were unrealistic. It’s now time to realize this is most likely a team that makes the play in if they are fortunate and loses in the first round. The team won a few games after the trades and tricked us into thinking they were something that they were not. Anything can happen still but it’s time now to watch the games with much much less expectations.

It doesn’t look like a he Lakers can win a championship with Pelinka or Ham, hope I’m wrong. Or both are sent out lol!

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
leking006 wrote:
meltdown thread lmfao. Lakers will still be in the play-in.

Is that the goal? It’s not for me.

Anything is the goal other than not having a chance
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

This team has all the characteristics of a first round exit team or team not good enough to make the playoffs. They lose against teams that they are supposed to beat but show up for the big games where they are supposed to lose. Very inconsistent and you just don't know what you get from game to game.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Nope. This ain't over till it's over. We still have a chance to get into the play-in. and who knows LBJ might be available already. So big NO. I have still hope.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I really need Bron to comeback and follow the Rockets blueprint from 1995. Rockets were playing inconsistent ball too before and after the Drexler trade and unlike the Lakers now, they had chemistry problems with Drexler taking Maxwell's spot.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I know that no one is gonna miss me, I can be really critical of the team at times. But I can’t continue to invest as much mental energy into this team this year with the way things are going. Call me fair weather, it may be true but I just can’t do it. This team is cursed. You can’t choke away so many games (at least 10) in the way they have this year unless something supernatural is going on. It’s just not normal.

I’m out…unless Pelinka signs a center or the team wins the play in I’m gone until the season is over. This is my last post until then.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I know that no one is gonna miss me, I can be really critical of the team at times. But I can’t continue to invest as much mental energy into this team this year with the way things are going. Call me fair weather, it may be true but I just can’t do it. This team is cursed. You can’t choke away so many games (at least 10) in the way they have this year unless something supernatural is going on. It’s just not normal.

I’m out…unless Pelinka signs a center or the team wins the play in I’m gone until the season is over. This is my last post until then.

I dont know, 1994 and 1995 playoffs tell me anything is possible. Seattle losing in the first rounds in both 1994 and 1995 are both highly improbable series that should never have happened and yet it did (almost felt like god was trying to punish Seattle and get them to lose when they had no business losing to the Nuggets or us). The Rockets playing like complete garbage the whole regular season and seemingly dead in the water entering the playoffs to comeback from 2-1 to Utah and beat Phoenix, both final games on the road at the Delta Center and America West Arena. That Rockets run was just as crazy as us winning this year.

I will caveat that though by saying that Rockets team had special guys that were tremendously mentally tough and just gave off that veteran championship vibe (Olajuwon, Elie, Horry, Cassell) and was the only team in that entire Jordan 90s era that the Jordan Bulls would not have had the edge mentally. I dont think our guys are built mentally like those Rockets. I dont think even Lebron is as mentally strong or clutch like Olajuwon who was always a clutch performer going back as far as his first playoff series in 1986. Dream was as unflappable and clutch as Timmy. Those guys were so mentally in-tune it rubbed off on a guy like Drexler who I didnt think was clutch at all.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 pm    Post subject:

We will win it all this season.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject:

We have a very nice roster when fully healthy, but it was always too late for us to do anything great this season once we made the Westbrook trade.

I think a successful season for us would be to reach the second round of the playoffs and put up a fight there by playing the other team to a 2-2 tie. Then we keep this roster together in the offseason, and if LeBron keeps playing at a high level and DLO maintains his good shooting %s from this season, we can have a shot at winning it all.

Maybe we still have to chase away the bad juju from the last two seasons of very poor roster moves. Face it, this season is merely a bridge to whatever next season can be.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:02 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
We will win it all this season.

I don't believe we will but I'm definitely not giving up before the playoffs even begun. This team has potential

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:00 am    Post subject:

Starting panic threads after one loss

https://media.tenor.com/xYUAVJ05lrgAAAAM/soft-kobe.gif
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:38 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Well, Darvin Ham will still be here sabotaging this franchise next season. Nothings going to change..

Don't worry he will not. What usually happens is that bad coaches usually survive first season, they start the next one for reason to give them kind of chance. But what will happen Lakers will suck again with this moron of the coach and then media and fans will strike against the coach and bye bye. Now as I see many people and media still is behind Ham. I know why but I don't wanna write it. And it will soon be gone. All that support will vanish.
After 10 games next season he will be gone. I guarantee you that. And why? Because he is terrible coach and in one moment that will come to surface. I follow basketball for more than 25 years, close to 30 and it always happen. You cant survive with just being good guy and I think Ham is. But he is terrible, awful basketball coach.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:13 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I'm with OP. This team has given 0 (bleep) and thinks they're better than they really are. What are they gonna do in the play-in? (bleep) defense and mental mistakes down the stretch in every (bleep) game they play (win or lose). Tried to (bleep) with the game by sitting AD against the Rockets and (bleep) themselves tonight. Also, whichever moron in the FO leaked the info about not wanting Kyrie this summer right before this game, well done, jackass. Without LeBron, there is no leader on the floor.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject:

I feel like something was off with the team. Like last night Austin reeves missed several free throws which is very uncharacteristic of him. And there were a few plays where DS had AD for a lob and it wasn’t timed right. One he throw it way over his head and out of bounds.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I feel like something was off with the team. Like last night Austin reeves missed several free throws which is very uncharacteristic of him. And there were a few plays where DS had AD for a lob and it wasn’t timed right. One he throw it way over his head and out of bounds.

If we make our free throws the conversation around the last two games is completely different.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject:

The following will make everyone feel much better:

- Celtics beating the Jazz

- Grizz beating the Warriors

- Raptors beating the TWolves

All three are very possible with the Celtics being the much better team, GS coming off a b2b, and the TWolves being banged up

We then win our game tomorrow, and all can breathe a bit again
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:06 am    Post subject:

At the end of the day, it’s hard to get up for every game for weeks

The post trade juice wears off and your back to the grind

We find a way to grab 7-8 of these upcoming games we should be alright. Even .500 might do it if we are talking bottom feeder play in. But we need to build some momentum for when Lebron returns or we aren’t doing anything in the playoffs anyways.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Ok.

See y'all on Sunday

Not gonna lie I be doing that.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Ok.

See y'all on Sunday

Not gonna lie I be doing that.

We all do fam

Be mad as hell, but we all know we 'gon be right back in front of that television on Sunday
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: