Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1302, 1303, 1304 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
AD's inability to make clutch free throws cost the Lakers wins against Philly, Boston and now Dallas.

Kam brothers on their podcast broke down ADs clutch game FT percentage. In the last 5 minutes of close games he shoots 69%. In the last 3 minutes of close games he shoots around 55%. In the last minute of close games he shoots 47% from the free throw line.

So that’s worse than brick?
If you watch the play, I think it was drawn for him. DS was used as a decoy again going to back court. Imagine Phil drew a play for Shaq to get the ball in FT situation, lol
Please take notes Ham!!!!

As terrible as shaq was he made them when he had too. AD misses when he has too
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
AD's inability to make clutch free throws cost the Lakers wins against Philly, Boston and now Dallas.

Kam brothers on their podcast broke down ADs clutch game FT percentage. In the last 5 minutes of close games he shoots 69%. In the last 3 minutes of close games he shoots around 55%. In the last minute of close games he shoots 47% from the free throw line.

If you watch the play, I think it was drawn for him. DS was used as a decoy again going to back court. Imagine Phil drew a play for Shaq to get the ball in FT situation, lol

As terrible as shaq was he made them when he had too. AD misses when he has too

Right, but Phil wouldn’t draw a play to get the ball to Shaq in that situation where our play was clearly for AD to get the ball, lol
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Watching Jokic punish Knicks for putting Hartenstein pisses me off. No reason AD couldn't have done that.

Different breed. A physical 6’4” PF can give AD fits.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:58 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
TMG wrote:
Watching Jokic punish Knicks for putting Hartenstein pisses me off. No reason AD couldn't have done that.

Different breed. A physical 6’4” PF can give AD fits.

That's a bit of a stretch bro lol

A 6'4 ish Physical Power Forward? Sounds to me like PJ Tucker and Jae Crowder fits that's description.

LOL Yeah we all now how that story ended.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

AD is an undersized center. We all seen AD perform at the highest level when he has lumbering Bigs to help him with the workload.

It is what it is.
We all know he's a true power forward.

No excuses for being gassed, he left Max alone last night to sink the game winner no different than Lebron leaving Nembhard earlier this season.

Horrible week with a couple tough games incoming.
Gotta crush Orlando tomorrow and then two days off before Phoenix.
Just gotta keep fighting it ain't over
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject:

All AD’s fault due to the final minutes, yet it was DLo who missed an open 3 or ignored to swing it after a double on AD with 20 seconds left in the game.

He’s blocked a ton of game saving shots for us, yet after an aggressive close out resulting in 3 FTs, wasn’t it on coach to make sure his best FT shooters were not inbounding the ball, knowing Dallas would immediately foul? Instead our 2nd best volume FT shooter, Reaves, sets up baseline for the inbound pass and no particular play was ran to get either our other top FT shooters, Schro or DLo, the ball…with it going instead to AD.

AD shares some of the blame for sure, but we didn’t lose it cause of him last night.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
All AD’s fault due to the final minutes, yet it was DLo who missed an open 3 or ignored to swing it after a double on AD with 20 seconds left in the game.

He’s blocked a ton of game saving shots for us, yet after an aggressive close out resulting in 3 FTs, wasn’t it on coach to make sure his best FT shooters were not inbounding the ball, knowing Dallas would immediately foul? Instead our 2nd best volume FT shooter, Reaves, sets up baseline for the inbound pass and no particular play was ran to get either our other top FT shooters, Schro or DLo, the ball…with it going instead to AD.

AD shares some of the blame for sure, but we didn’t lose it cause of him last night.

Numerous of reasons why we lost last night but after the smoked cleared I pinpointed it directly to that inbound play.

Not forcing any actions to get DLO, Dennis, or Austin the ball to shoot these free throws was negligent.

Rewatched that inbound leading to AD’s free throws it was just horrible.
Dennis and DLO sprinting different directions. No cross pattern with Austin being our third option.

Wtffff is that?!?
No brush action. Terrible.

AD being our 4th option to shoot these free throws isn't the worst but we fell into Dallas' trap of them easily letting him receive the ball.

Darvin has been good lately with his lineups but struggles with the minor adjustments late in game. We have zero room for error.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject:

46% FT shooting in the clutch is yikes. I knew it was bad but not that bad.

At this point AD should not be on the floor in those situations. Sub him back in during the FT.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I appreciate how terrible we all felt after that loss. I was no exception. However, if you don’t think AD was gutted over it, check out his post game interviews.

AD catches an unreasonable level of hate on this forum.

He’ll bounce back with a monster performance tomorrow.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

At this point AD should not be on the floor in those situations. Sub him back in during the FT.

I remember Phil Jackson working with the team on mindfulness meditation and giving them books they had to turn in reports on etc

Do NBA teams have mind focus experts to keep players at peak mental performance?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
I appreciate how terrible we all felt after that loss. I was no exception. However, if you don’t think AD was gutted over it, check out his post game interviews.

AD catches an unreasonable level of hate on this forum.

He’ll bounce back with a monster performance tomorrow.

It's not about bouncing back with monster performance but to give it every night like embiid, Tatum and those other guys. He is available half the games as is because of injuries
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

We will see what AD is made of, no doubt he will play well against ORL but we need to see him step up as a leader of the team with LBJ out. They will all be looking at how he responds, he needs to get the guys juiced up again.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:

Where did you they get that number, though? Not saying it's inaccurate but I was looking for that information yesterday and couldn't find any. Was curious if there is a site or anything that has that info.

The best I could find was 82 games clutch stats over the past three years, they weren't updated for this year though. And they define clutch minutes as being +/-5 points over the final 5 minutes. In those situations though his numbers over the previous three years were:

Last year: 17/24 (70.8%)
2021: 7/7 (100%)
2020: 34/44 (77.3%)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Ksig wrote:

I remember Phil Jackson working with the team on mindfulness meditation and giving them books they had to turn in reports on etc

Do NBA teams have mind focus experts to keep players at peak mental performance?

Jackson would routinely give players books. Sometimes the players would read them. Sometimes they would toss them aside. He didn't assign book reports. Jeannie said that Shaq on one occasion took it upon himself to write a book report on a book that Jackson had given the team.

Most NBA teams have a sports psychologist that can help players with the mental aspects of the game. It's up to the players about whether they avail themselves of this type of service.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

I bet Ham has zero idea what AD's clutch free throw percentage is, bet he'd say something like 80%
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Where did you they get that number, though? Not saying it's inaccurate but I was looking for that information yesterday and couldn't find any. Was curious if there is a site or anything that has that info.

The best I could find was 82 games clutch stats over the past three years, they weren't updated for this year though. And they define clutch minutes as being +/-5 points over the final 5 minutes. In those situations though his numbers over the previous three years were:

Stats below are for the clutch category (last 5 minutes of regulation + overtime) with a minimum 25 attempts from the free throw line

AD 17/25 68%
https://go.nba.com/hbmgc
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Stats below are for the clutch category (last 5 minutes of regulation + overtime) with a minimum 25 attempts from the free throw line

AD 17/25 68%
https://go.nba.com/hbmgc

You can go into advanced filters and drop it down to greater than 5 free throws in the last minute (AD has 9) and his FT% drops to 46.2%. As you drop from 5 mins, to 3, to 1 minute, the pressure goes up and his free throw percentage keeps going down. Compare that against Lebron, who isn’t the greatest free throw shooter…but he’s 100% in the last 5, 3, and 1 minute.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:20 pm    Post subject:

@vasashi & Surfitall: Thank you.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject:

I've gotta say, I owe a big mea culpa to the people calling out AD's piss poor FT shooting in the clutch. The stats back it up. SMH, he's gotta be better.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Is there something wrong with AD? I mean seriously. Maybe an issue with his family, or wife. Is he hurt again. Sick? For the past few games, he's not playing hard out there, not doing anything offensively, he's making dumb mental errors, missing FTs, getting pushed away from rebounding position.

I'm starting to seriously worry about AD's mental health.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Davis at the end of the game didn't want to touch the ball.

I wrote when the Lakers traded Westbrook, which was the right move, Davis would suffer the most. Anthony needs someone to constantly get him layups and dunks, which opens up his mid-range game. If he misses a few shots in a row, he becomes really passive, it's why he is a high-percentage shooter.

However, the good news is he usually never lets how bad his play on offense affect his defense. He should be the defensive MVP at least once in his career.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I say this without any hate or amped up emotion, it’s straight fact: he just does not have that fire. Some players have it, and some do not. It applies applies across all skill levels too.

AD is as talented as any two-way big can be, but without that burning desire to push himself, and take over when it counts. It’s reflected when he’s on the bench in street clothes, and on the floor. He’s a terrific #2.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Is there something wrong with AD? I mean seriously. Maybe an issue with his family, or wife. Is he hurt again. Sick? For the past few games, he's not playing hard out there, not doing anything offensively, he's making dumb mental errors, missing FTs, getting pushed away from rebounding position.

I'm starting to seriously worry about AD's mental health.

I don't think too hard about mental health since there's nothing more annoying than an armchair psychologist.

But there was this one possession where he went to grab a rebound and just didn't secure it. And one possession where he rolled and did a finger roll instead of slamming it down. I do get a little concerned he's injured or something again lol
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I openly wondered if the Klutch gang was going to tank to pressure Rob and Jeanie to sign a star and AD and Bron are doing nothing to change this perception.

A crazy conspiracy theory is easier to believe than he just doesn't care enough to dominate.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Knowing how sensitive AD is, he probably read all the criticism from the end of the DAL game on social media and was pouting. He looked pretty disinterested out there tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1302, 1303, 1304 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1303 of 1425
Jump to: