17-6 Next 23 Games Assuming.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:33 am    Post subject:

stop dreaming about playoffs.
we are play in at best. with this idiot coach, that is a good achiement.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Agreed…The lack of the sense of urgency and commitment from the FO makes the dream of the playoffs and success in the post season unlikely.

I wonder if they have the mentality that it is enough that LBJ broke the scoring record, successful trades were made at the deadline, and the team looks promising for the future this season as enough to just take whatever comes as an accomplished goal…instead of doing basic maintenance to give the best chance for postseason success this year.

If the Lakers win it will be in spite of Rob/Jeanie, not because of it. The whole NBA world knows that a trade should have been made before training camp…also given the current situation…and that another C should have been on the roster after the trade deadline. The knowledge of AD’s load management coupled with Bamaba injury timetable points to incompetence or indifference with Jeanie/Rob. It’s probably a combination of both…incapable and unwilling. It’s just not as important to win for them as it is to us fans.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:31 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

The team is 9-5 without WB and the trade return of WB with the roster. That too with Bron injured most of the games. They should sustain that winning percentage, finish with about 41 wins, and now it depends on the other teams.

Do I think we are better than the top 5 teams in the West? No, I mean we have a chance but I don't think we are definitely better. But after them, I think we're right there. No reason this team can not end up 7th or 8th. It depends on other teams as well. They haven't been doing well either.

Like is anyone really afraid of Dallas, OKC, Minneosota? etc. These teams are beatable, especially with Lebron back in a play in game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:47 am    Post subject:

I feel like we finish with a pretty tough 4 game stretch. Jazz-Clippers back to back, then Suns and Jazz. We are 0-7 against these opponents this season. We need a cushion.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 17-6 Next 23 Games Assuming.....

leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Golden State W (No Steph)
Dallas W (Kyrie and Luka don't mesh probably split the 2 games)
Memphis L (Probably split the 2 games with them)
OKC W
Minnesota W
Golden State L (Steph Coming Back)
Memphis W
Toronto W
New York W
New Orleans W
Houston W
Dallas L
Orlando W
Phoenix L (Probably split the 2 games with them)
OKC W
Chicago W
Chicago L
Minnesota W
Houston W
Utah W
Clippers L (Lakers just cant seem to win against them)
Phoenix W (will probably rest their key Players for the playoffs)
Utah W

17-6

44-38 Season Record

Assuming Ham will continue his good rotation like in the 2nd half of the pelicans game I think this can be done. Also assuming Bron and AD will be healthy.

1-0

3-1 with the New guys

2-0

4-1 with the New guys

3-1 so far prediction on point

5-2 with the New guys

11 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

Still doable, they can beat 6th to 15th ranked teams even without Lebron, just need AD to play.

3-2

5-3 with the New guys

11 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

4-2

6-3 with the New guys

10 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

5-2

7-3 with the New guys

9 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

6-2

8-3 with the New guys

8 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

Keep it going Lakeshow!!!

6-3

8-4 with the New guys

8 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

Who wins the 4-way tiebreaker?

Really need to win vs Pelicans and Rockets badly, I don't think AD should load manage. 1 loss between those 2 teams will be a big hit to them. Must win both games.

7-3 in this schedule

9-4 with the New guys

3-0 with the New guys and with Bron

7 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

7-5 in this schedule

9-6 with the New guys

3-0 with the New guys and with Bron

7 wins to go to finish the season @ 0.500

Expected an L vs Mavs. So that loss aint that heartbreaking.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject:

The expectations were unrealistic. It’s now time to realize this is most likely a team that makes the play in if they are fortunate and loses in the first round. The team won a few games after the trades and tricked us into thinking they were something that they were not. Anything can happen still but it’s time now to watch the games with much much less expectations.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I feel like we finish with a pretty tough 4 game stretch. Jazz-Clippers back to back, then Suns and Jazz. We are 0-7 against these opponents this season. We need a cushion.

they gonna beat jazz 2 games if Lebron play. Split with the Suns and probably a loss to clips with the 2nd day of b2b.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Last 2 games were losses we cant afford. Would have been in 7th seed and only half game out of 6th.

Right now I be happy if we finish 8th seed, so we can have 2 cracks at making the playoffs.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

they gonna beat jazz 2 games if Lebron play. Split with the Suns and probably a loss to clips with the 2nd day of b2b.

It really doesn’t matter anymore. The team doesn’t look like a championship contender, without that what’s the point? Tracking wins and losses for a team lucky to make the play in then projected for a 1st round exit? No thanks.

Anything can still happen but expectations are totally different now.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Last 2 games were losses we cant afford. Would have been in 7th seed and only half game out of 6th.

Right now I be happy if we finish 8th seed, so we can have 2 cracks at making the playoffs.

they will stil make the play-in at 7 ir 8th especially now that wolves will proly drop after Ant Man injury. Those 2 losses almost eliminate them from 6th spot though.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

8th is definitely the adjusted realistic goal.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Predicting Warriors vs Lakers for the 7th playoffs spot, to play against either the Kings or the Grizz. I am ok with it actually. Just win the play-in and get the 7th spot. They can beat the kings.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Posted in the game thread, we need the clippers to win those games against OKC and NOP/m(4 games total) POR is already out, Utah has a tough schedule, Minny lost ANT today(although KAT is coming back)
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Predicting Warriors vs Lakers for the 7th playoffs spot, to play against either the Kings or the Grizz. I am ok with it actually. Just win the play-in and get the 7th spot. They can beat the kings.

We match up well with the Warriors so yeah I’m fine with that, but I would much prefer that we have home court for that game because with the warriors it’s day and night when they’re home vs away
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I think our hope to get an 8th seed as opposed to a 9th/10th will come down to (1) our upcoming game against the thunder; (2) our upcoming game against MIN; (3) Anthony edwards’ health; (4) lebron’s return
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
leking006 wrote:

We match up well with the Warriors so yeah I’m fine with that, but I would much prefer that we have home court for that game because with the warriors it’s day and night when they’re home vs away

In that case. 7 vs 8 makes a huge difference. They are unbeatable at home and can’t win on the road
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I know that no one is gonna miss me, I can be really critical of the team at times. But I can’t continue to invest as much mental energy into this team this year with the way things are going. Call me fair weather, it may be true but I just can’t do it. This team is cursed. You can’t choke away so many games (at least 10) in the way they have this year unless something supernatural is going on. It’s just not normal.

I’m out…unless Pelinka signs a center or the team wins the play in I’m gone until the season is over. This is my last post until then.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:07 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
I know that no one is gonna miss me, I can be really critical of the team at times. But I can’t continue to invest as much mental energy into this team this year with the way things are going. Call me fair weather, it may be true but I just can’t do it. This team is cursed. You can’t choke away so many games (at least 10) in the way they have this year unless something supernatural is going on. It’s just not normal.

I’m out…unless Pelinka signs a center or the team wins the play in I’m gone until the season is over. This is my last post until then.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJ05RtMXwAUt_W9.jpg
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:19 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Posted in the game thread, we need the clippers to win those games against OKC and NOP/m(4 games total) POR is already out, Utah has a tough schedule, Minny lost ANT today(although KAT is coming back)

Pelicans are done. So it Portland. The only team behind us (we're 10th and in the play ins) in the play in race is Utah.

Moving up to 6th may not be realistic, but I can't see us drop below Utah. We're definitely making the play ins.

But these losses are tough, because it seems we may end up having to 2 play ins to get into the playoffs.

We have a damn good cast around AD here with Russell, Beasley, Vandy, Dennis, Reaves, etc. you'd like to have done a bit better than we have, but at the same time when Lebron went down if you told me you'd end up being 10th and 5-5, 10 games later. I'd honestly take it back then. Now seeing how these other teams have been depleted and/or playing without stars, you'd like to have been 7-3 or something, but it is what it is. We're still where we need to be to get into the play ins.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject:

Take care of yourself bro. Come find us in a couple weeks after we’ve clinched a play-in spot.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:44 am    Post subject:

Last 23 Games Schedule (7-5; Updated as of March 19):

Golden State - W
@Dallas - W
@Memphis - L
@OKC - W
Minnesota - L
Golden State - W
Memphis - W
Toronto - W
New York - L
@New Orleans - W
@Houston - L
Dallas - L

3/19 (Sun) - Orlando
3/22 (Wed) - Phoenix
3/24 (Fri) - OKC
3/26 (Sun) - Chicago
3/29 (Wed) - @Chicago
3/31 (Fri) - @Minnesota
4/2 (Sun) - @Houston
4/4 (Tue) - @Utah (Night 1 B2B)
4/5 (Wed) - @Clippers (Night 2 B2B)
4/7 (Fri) - Phoenix
4/9 (Sun) - Utah

Additional Info on the Remaining Schedule - 11 Games (Updated as of March 19):
— 6 Home/5 Road
— 1 Back-to-Back
— 5-game road trip
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

If we’re struggling to beat the Jazz at that point then it’s honestly all moot.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

The fun of playing and watching sports is the unknown. The agony of defeat is what makes victory sweeter.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

If we’re struggling to beat the Jazz at that point then it’s honestly all moot.

I think most fans just want the excitement of seeing the team in the post-season, even though deep down most people know the Lakers won't go far
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15
Jump to: