Why does LeBron and AD continue to get a pass?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I think LG hates everyone at some point lol... well except Reaves, but wait for it.

Many of us talked sh*t about Reaves the first week or two because he had a slow start.

It's the nature of message boards.

Thing is... other than a few off games he's been solid.

And we are only paying Reaves minimum wages.

If Reaves got 47 million we'd all be a lot less forgiving.

I say this as someone who loves Reaves and genuinely likes AD even though I didn't want to trade for him.

It's all about the value for your investment.

Schroder isn't irritating right now because he's a bargain.

If we paid him 21 million his off nights would be a lot less forgivable.

If AD beats Phoenix and the Clippers, then Houston and Dallas become a quickly forgotten blip in Lakers history.

If we lose and miss by one game, it will probably be talked about for awhile.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
defense wrote:
I think LG hates everyone at some point lol... well except Reaves, but wait for it.

Many of us talked sh*t about Reaves the first week or two because he had a slow start.

It's the nature of message boards.

Thing is... other than a few off games he's been solid.

And we are only paying Reaves minimum wages.

If Reaves got 47 million we'd all be a lot less forgiving.

I say this as someone who loves Reaves and genuinely likes AD even though I didn't want to trade for him.

It's all about the value for your investment.

Schroder isn't irritating right now because he's a bargain.

If we paid him 21 million his off nights would be a lot less forgivable.

If AD beats Phoenix and the Clippers, then Houston and Dallas become a quickly forgotten blip in Lakers history.

If we lose and miss by one game, it will probably be talked about for awhile.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. This is why I'm tough on Legramps. You are the highest paid, highest maintenance player we have. Next on the list is AD.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

It’s an insult to Giannis or Jokic when people say Kawhi or KD are the best. No, part of being in the best player conversation is being available. Doesn’t have to be all 82 games, but you can’t miss 20+ either. Maybe Lebron would be the best player, but his age doesn’t allow him to be that available. Just the truth.

I don't encounter many people who are saying Kawhi and KD are better than Giannis and Jokic right now. I doubt many people would want Kawhi and KD on their teams over Giannis and Jokic if given the choice.

I think most people appreciate the importance of availability. When people talk about good injury prone players like Kawhi, AD and Lebron, they usually put caveats like "when healthy" on their opinion.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

So I don’t get the whole entirety of this thread, but Anthony Davis has been taking a lot of blame for his play lately especially the way that it has been up and down

And fans were scorching him after Austin Reaves had to save us last game

That should never be Austin Reaves job to put the team on his back and win a game like that. I’m glad he did it. I’m a huge fan of his. He has been one of the most consistent players we have had this year.

But he is making peanuts and Anthony Davis has the mega contract. He should be playing much better than what he is and I think that’s what most of the fans I’ve been saying.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

They keep getting a pass and (rightfully so imho) cause of an inept ownership/FO group.

Giannis has avg’d 32.5 mins per game this season in his 10th season at age 28, while Bron, who is 10 years older both in age & seasons avgs 36 mins per game. One team has a dude playing less than 3 full quarters per game and his team has already clinched a playoff berth in a largely competitive eastern conference, while the other team has to not only worry about Father Time but play 3 full quarters just to keep his team hovering around .500 in a watered down western conference…bruh!

Meanwhile the other guy that way gave up multiple assets for has asked for 1 thing to keep him com4table and we still have yet to invest and/or find something of substance to shield him from being the center of everybody’s ire.

Is it any wonder why these dudes’ availability suffers?

LeGM partnered with 2 different FOs to get to 8 consecutive Finals before coming to LA to deal with this novice ownership/FO group.

Imho, we probably would have been better off handing the keys off to LeGM, just kept our hands off the klutch and allowed dude to steer us in the right direction. Yeah dude would have pawned off our future draft capital and thrown a bag to his fav coaches/players, but at least he would have kept all the talent/help he could, tax be damned.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: