New 3 guard lineup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New 3 guard lineup

LakersRGolden wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
leking006 wrote:
What can you say about this 3 guard line up that Ham use?

DS
AR
DLo
Vando
AD

They played pretty good earlier, do you think Ham should continue fielding this lineup?

The 3 guard line up did not work…the Lakers won in spite of it…they didn’t win because of it. Check out the game. Toronto’s bigger SG, 6’7” Anunoby hit 12 of 14 shots and scored 31 pts. Toronto’s bigger SF, 6’8” Barnes hit 13 of 19 shots and scored 32 points. Both of them actually out played the Lakers’ smaller SG, Dlo 6’4” and smaller SF, 6’5” Reeves, (10 of 17, 28pts, 6 of 10, 18pts respectively).

A win is a win and I’ll take it anyway I can get it but the 3-guard line up was out played and the game plan neutralizing AD means we were out coached. You can take an aberrational win for an isolated game but you have to realize that it IS NOT an effective strategy for long term success.

It just seemed like the 3 guard line up worked because Dlo went hero mode in the 4th making it more dramatic but the Raptor players both out scored both of our players and their coach out coached our coach.

Against Toronto, LAC, and Foston you gotta go:
Dlo 6’4”
TBjr 6’7”
Vande 6’8”
Rui 6’8”
AD 6’10”

The Lakers were fortunate in an uncanny way to beat Toronto with the faulty game plan. Schro out performing Van Fleet with Vande/Rui production keeping up with Siakim/Poetl in production was the actual real difference in that game being a win. Dlo and Reeves were more dramatic but that was more about closing the gap for having already been out played than elevating above their counterparts.

Please Ham, I beg of you to recognize this and don’t let this win be fool’s gold.

The starters gave up most of the OG points when we were "big" and we all new going small was going to let scotty shoot over the D.

If our big lineups don't have any advantage against a team (Size, Skill or Speed), what would you suggest we should put on the floor?

A line up that doesn’t give opponents 3 inch height advantage at both wing spots so they can’t shoot over them with ease hitting almost all their shots and going for 30pts each.

Dlo/TBjr/Vande/Rui/AD. Still have 3pt shooting with Dlo and hope that TBjr can help there too. Rui + AD provides additional offense with Vande providing defense and hustle points.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Should be fired for this

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: New 3 guard lineup

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
leking006 wrote:
What can you say about this 3 guard line up that Ham use?

DS
AR
DLo
Vando
AD

They played pretty good earlier, do you think Ham should continue fielding this lineup?

The 3 guard line up did not work…the Lakers won in spite of it…they didn’t win because of it. Check out the game. Toronto’s bigger SG, 6’7” Anunoby hit 12 of 14 shots and scored 31 pts. Toronto’s bigger SF, 6’8” Barnes hit 13 of 19 shots and scored 32 points. Both of them actually out played the Lakers’ smaller SG, Dlo 6’4” and smaller SF, 6’5” Reeves, (10 of 17, 28pts, 6 of 10, 18pts respectively).

A win is a win and I’ll take it anyway I can get it but the 3-guard line up was out played and the game plan neutralizing AD means we were out coached. You can take an aberrational win for an isolated game but you have to realize that it IS NOT an effective strategy for long term success.

It just seemed like the 3 guard line up worked because Dlo went hero mode in the 4th making it more dramatic but the Raptor players both out scored both of our players and their coach out coached our coach.

Against Toronto, LAC, and Foston you gotta go:
Dlo 6’4”
TBjr 6’7”
Vande 6’8”
Rui 6’8”
AD 6’10”

The Lakers were fortunate in an uncanny way to beat Toronto with the faulty game plan. Schro out performing Van Fleet with Vande/Rui production keeping up with Siakim/Poetl in production was the actual real difference in that game being a win. Dlo and Reeves were more dramatic but that was more about closing the gap for having already been out played than elevating above their counterparts.

Please Ham, I beg of you to recognize this and don’t let this win be fool’s gold.

Yet I was right again.
Yesterday Ham the meathead closed the game with the 3 guard lineup.
lol

luckily it was against the depleted suns team with no size.
lol

this is now beyond fool's gold.

it is Ham go to lineup down the stretch.

when Lebron is back, this is gonna morph perfectly into AD Lebron and 3 guards.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject:

Is this the 3 guard lineup you guys are complaining about?

Dennis, AR, DLo 3-man lineups:

Since the trade deadline:
Games: 9
Minutes: 93
Ortg: 131.4
Drtg: 92.5
Net: +38.9

The last game:
Games: 1
Minutes: 9
Ortg: 155.6
Drtg: 94.1
Net: +61.4

Not sure how the lineup will close when Bron is back, but w/o Bron, it's been working pretty OK.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Is this the 3 guard lineup you guys are complaining about?

Dennis, AR, DLo 3-man lineups:

Since the trade deadline:
Games: 9
Minutes: 93
Ortg: 131.4
Drtg: 92.5
Net: +38.9

The last game:
Games: 1
Minutes: 9
Ortg: 155.6
Drtg: 94.1
Net: +61.4

Not sure how the lineup will close when Bron is back, but w/o Bron, it's been working pretty OK.

this is not a large enough of sample size to tell us anything.

from the eye test, this is a super undersized lineup that will be exploited easily by the other team.

The brilliance of Reaves and hot shooting of Russell is carrying the numbers.
and fluke zone defense.

but it is absolutely not the best lineup to close a game.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

My eyeball test tells me the stats epic posted for this 3 guard lineup are real, not a fluke. Intelligence, craftiness, good decision making on the bb floor matters. DLO and Reaves have tons of this, and Shroeder has played well with them lately.

ALWAYS lineup and situation-dependent of course. But I thought Ham did a great job against the Suns, countering their remaining strengths and letting DLO and Reaves create problems the Suns couldn't solve on offense.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

I mean you usually want the eye test to lineup with the numbers.
But it's cool. Maybe the next game they'll crap out and then we can celebrate the eye test.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see if one of the 3 guys falls out of the closing lineup when Bron is back.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

I think Schroeder falls to 6th man when Bron returns, but there will be plenty of staggering minutes so either Bron or AD is on the floor most of the game. Thus, I don't see Bron's return as the end of these 3 playing together.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
My eyeball test tells me the stats epic posted for this 3 guard lineup are real, not a fluke. Intelligence, craftiness, good decision making on the bb floor matters. DLO and Reaves have tons of this, and Shroeder has played well with them lately.

ALWAYS lineup and situation-dependent of course. But I thought Ham did a great job against the Suns, countering their remaining strengths and letting DLO and Reaves create problems the Suns couldn't solve on offense.

Schroder is actually our most inefficient player now since Westbrick and Beverly are gone.

Playing him 15-18 mins a game is fine when Lebron is back.

As he provides some hassle and ball handling and shot creation.

But he is absolutely carried by Reaves and Russell in the 3 guards lineup.

When Lebron is back, we don’t need Schroder as much.

The dude has tunnel vision too, and he missed a pass to Anthony Davis when Chris Paul was guarding him.

Like he still have quite a few bone headed plays.
Shortening his minute will absolutely improve our efficiency as a whole team.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject:

Schroder with DLo and AR is like having a German shepherd K-9 officer with two skilled partners patrolling the beat.

Schroder with Beasley is like a homeless man and a German Shepherd on the court.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Closing line up with Bron back will be DLo, AR, Bron, Vando and AD. DS has been hitting 3s when teams leave him open. If DLo, AR and Bron hits 3s at above average level, that closing line up works pretty well. AD and Vando will get some easy buckets with 3 playmakers on the floor who can also create their own shots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: