Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject: Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year

this year is such a golden opportunity for us.
with top contenders all falling due to injuries
Clippers with PG out
Dallas with Doncic hobbled
Phoenix Durant out
Warrior with Wiggin in some weird personal matter
Grizzlies with Morant being a moron
The West is wild open

I firmly believe we are the best team in the West right now when Lebron gets back even like 80 - 90%.

However if we are in the playin at like 9 or 10th seed.
I just have a hard time believing Ham can have a consistent strategy to win 2 straight playin games.

if we do, it is going to be super close and despite of him being out coached.

and in the first round of the playoff, if against Denver, we actually have a good matchup.

but Ham will make Mike Malone looks like hall of fame coach.
Ham will probably contribute 2 wins for Denver with either bone head lineup, substitution.

so in reality, our team would need to win like 4 out of 5 to have a shot.
It is super disappointing knowing this will happen.

but I have seen zero adjustment from the meathead.

I really hope we get rid of him this summer.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

Depends on how Lebron is when he comes back. In 2020 we had Lebron and AD healthy and rested going into the playoffs and we mopped the floor. Would basically be the same this year if we had MVP candidate Lebron back for the playoffs. The supporting cast is legit.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Depends on how Lebron is when he comes back. In 2020 we had Lebron and AD healthy and rested going into the playoffs and we mopped the floor. Would basically be the same this year if we had MVP candidate Lebron back for the playoffs. The supporting cast is legit.

This supporting cast is better.

Russell is way better than anyone not named Lebron or Davis on our championship team.

Reaves is way better than anyone on our bench in that championship team.

Vandolorian can frikin consistently shut down perimeter super star. KCP was good, but not that good defensively.

And the fact that the West is wide open.
Almost all the teams got major star player out and not coming back soon.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject:

Would you rather be right and the Lakers lose?
Or wrong and the Lakers win?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

I would love to be wrong and people come back to this post to laugh at me.

Hopefully this post will reverse jinx it and suddenly Ham is kidnapped by aliens and implant a new brain into him and send him back.

I pray it is not like my Westbrick post that aged like fine wine.

Looking at that post hurts me still that we wasted 2 seasons with Lebron and fired a championship coach
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Prediction: Ham is going to fail us in the play-in or first round this year

Nonamehero wrote:
this year is such a golden opportunity for us.
with top contenders all falling due to injuries
Clippers with PG out
Dallas with Doncic hobbled
Phoenix Durant out
Warrior with Wiggin in some weird personal matter
Grizzlies with Morant being a moron
The West is wild open

I firmly believe we are the best team in the West right now when Lebron gets back even like 80 - 90%.

The West is wide open, but it's yet to be proven if we're the best team. We've had a nice run since all the acquisitions, but it's been against a pretty soft schedule. We'll have to see how well this team plays against good, focused opponents, and how well Lebron can play.

As far as Ham, it's a given to me if the Lakers lose people will say he did a crappy job, no matter what he does. That is the fate of being an unproven head coach.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I would love to be wrong and people come back to this post to laugh at me.

Hopefully this post will reverse jinx it and suddenly Ham is kidnapped by aliens and implant a new brain into him and send him back.

I pray it is not like my Westbrick post that aged like fine wine.

Looking at that post hurts me still that we wasted 2 seasons with Lebron and fired a championship coach

Alright! At least you want them to win.
And I think they will, if healthy.
Something tells me, Coach Lebron won't let Ham mess this up when it comes playoff time.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This supporting cast is better.

Russell is way better than anyone not named Lebron or Davis on our championship team.

Reaves is way better than anyone on our bench in that championship team.

Vandolorian can frikin consistently shut down perimeter super star. KCP was good, but not that good defensively.

And the fact that the West is wide open.
Almost all the teams got major star player out and not coming back soon.

But if you were a fan of another team you'd be saying:

AD and Lebron aren't playing at the same level as 2020, and Lebron will be coming off an injury -- who knows how they'll do? The Lakers have a first-time coach and their players outside of AD and Lebron have virtually no playoff experience. This isn't a team of savvy veterans like Green, Rondo, McGee, and Howard who know how to handle the pressure of high-stakes games.

So I'm not getting cocky and thinking we are Showtime.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject:

Just what we already know & you couldn’t put this in the Ham thread amongst other complaints!?!?

HC: Riley
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Just what we already know & you couldn’t put this in the Ham thread amongst other complaints!?!?

You have to understand the OP is desperate when he is seeing his agenda faltering.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject:

History repeats itself. I expect nothing more from Darvin Scam
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

If you ever spend time reading other team's message boards it will strike you how they all say the same stuff about their coach. Evidently all the team's in the league are coached by complete morons while the real basketball geniuses are all typing away on Internet forums.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If you ever spend time reading other team's message boards it will strike you how they all say the same stuff about their coach. Evidently all the team's in the league are coached by complete morons while the real basketball geniuses are all typing away on Internet forums.

There are people with legitimate concerns about the way that Ham coaches. There are people in game threads and the like who react harshly in the heat of the moment. Then there are nutters who obsess about the sheer horror of having Ham as a coach. I have no problem with the first two groups.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

There are people with legitimate concerns about the way that Ham coaches. There are people in game threads and the like who react harshly in the heat of the moment. Then there are nutters who obsess about the sheer horror of having Ham as a coach. I have no problem with the first two groups.

Maybe it's just because they're louder and more obnoxious, but it sure seems like the third group dwarfs the first two. The constant daily meltdown over Ham is bizarre.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

yes I do read other forums.

I know that Clippers fan complain about Lue.
Even Warrior fan complain about Kerr sometimes. (who I think is probably one of the best coach in basketball) but he has made mistakes in the past as well, and the fact the Warrior lost the championship that year after going up 3-1, Lue actually outcoached him in the last 2 games.

But regardless, just because other fans complain about their head coach, doesnt mean I am wrong about Ham, and you shouldnt base off that fact to make yourself feel good about Ham.

that is some generalization argument fallacy.

People complain about Nash, Walton, Bryon Scott, and they were all horrible coaches.

No one is perfect, but you need to see the general complaints.
Most of the complaints about Ham is not just one specific thing he is bad at.
He is pretty much clueless on everything, pretty much on par with Nash.

The only thing Ham is good at is being a good motivator.
That is it.

Even Ham defender cant point out to me anything else he is good at.

Like at the end of day, fans do complain.

but a lot of them are reactionary to a bad L.

Most of us consistently think Ham is an idiot even in W.
There is something wrong here.

you need to wake up and take off your Ham loving glasses.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Even Warrior fan complain about Kerr sometimes. (who I think is probably one of the best coach in basketball) but he has made mistakes in the past as well, and the fact the Warrior lost the championship that year after going up 3-1, Lue actually outcoached him in the last 2 games.

But regardless, just because other fans complain about their head coach, doesnt mean I am wrong about Ham, and you shouldnt base off that fact to make yourself feel good about Ham.

People complain about Nash, Walton, Bryon Scott, and they were all horrible coaches.

That is it.

I'm not sure what you do for a living but since you're at such an advanced level you honestly should try NBA coaching. It pays millions and you keep the money even if you get fired. You would likely shoot up the ranks pretty quickly given your acumen. I mean think about it, Darvin Ham played basketball his entire life and played for Texas Tech and then fought his way onto an NBA roster and stayed in the league for nearly a decade (as a total dummy!) and then got a job as an Assistant Coach (not even knowing the rules of the game!) and became one of the most respected ACs in basketball and worked his way up the ranks for three different franchises until becoming the top assistant for the best team in the league and then got a head coaching position and all this time he hasn't learned a thing. Just think what you could achieve!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

It's a classic case of someone thinking their generic piss-and-moan post is so unique and special it simply MUST have its own thread so it doesn't get lost among all the other generic piss-and-moan posts.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

It's a classic case of someone thinking their generic piss-and-moan post is so unique and special it simply MUST have its own thread so it doesn't get lost among all the other generic piss-and-moan posts.

OP has been active the last few days on a Ham and Cheese kick 😂
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

How's that petition going.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Lock this thread up and ban op!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Maybe it's just because they're louder and more obnoxious, but it sure seems like the third group dwarfs the first two. The constant daily meltdown over Ham is bizarre.

That's exactly right. There are only a handful of the genuine nutters. Some of them have been hyperventilating about Ham since the start of the season.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That is it.

I'm not sure what you do for a living but since you're at such an advanced level you honestly should try NBA coaching. It pays millions and you keep the money even if you get fired. You would likely shoot up the ranks pretty quickly given your acumen. I mean think about it, Darvin Ham played basketball his entire life and played for Texas Tech and then fought his way onto an NBA roster and stayed in the league for nearly a decade (as a total dummy!) and then got a job as an Assistant Coach (not even knowing the rules of the game!) and became one of the most respected ACs in basketball and worked his way up the ranks for three different franchises until becoming the top assistant for the best team in the league and then got a head coaching position and all this time he hasn't learned a thing. Just think what you could achieve!

Dude Steve Nash has better credentials. And he stinks as a NBA coach.

I don’t have to be an NBA lvl coach to know Ham is not a fit for head coach in NBA.

That is a stupid argument.

Lol

Do I have to be a singer myself to know that some songs are just horrible?

You sound like Ham.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Cuz he is on the level of Westbrick in term of bad for our team.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

I didn’t start watching this season until we traded Westbrick.

Had I start watching earlier, I would knew earlier that Ham is as bad as Westbrick.

It is amazing we won games with both of them
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:

That is it.

Dude Steve Nash has better credentials. And he stinks as a NBA coach.

I don’t have to be an NBA lvl coach to know Ham is not a fit for head coach in NBA.

That is a stupid argument.

Lol

Do I have to be a singer myself to know that some songs are just horrible?

You sound like Ham.

Do you have anything to offer in terms of analysis? All you do is call him names. Maybe every now and then a vague critique of “rotations” without every offering anything concrete and never taking into consideration any of the things an actual coach has to consider. Maybe if you want to be taken seriously take it easy on the playground name calling and start showing us that massive intellect of yours. We’re waiting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: