NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1400, 1401, 1402 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:59 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:

The most Lebron can do is threaten to opt out of $50 million contract and leave next season if he doesn't get what he wants, but I doubt that threat would matter to the Lakers at this point.

Which is why the team is becoming more balanced again.

There is a correlation between the less the Lakers care about what Lebron does and the improved condition of their roster.

Two years ago, this wasn't the case.

I know a lot of people think that the whole Westbrook fiasco was Lebron's doing entirely, and the Lakers were captive to his wishes. Whether that is actually true is another's guess. People also seem to think Lebron had no input into all the recent changes . Again, whether that is true or not, is anyone's guess.

The Lakers decision-making process is a difficult thing to read

Let's put it this way.

Had LBJ wanted Hield instead of Russ... I don't feel I'm going too far out on a limb to say that trade would have happened instead.

Sure, I agree with that. Rob had his sights set on Hield, so if Lebron had seconded that he would have done the deal.

I just don't believe the notion that Rob grudgingly switched from Hield to Westbrook because he was catering to Lebron's wishes. I think when Lebron and AD presented him with the idea, Rob said, "I like that. Westbrook sounds better than Hield to me."

Since we are writing fan fiction here

Mr. 2% of LBJ's net wealth might have said that... but I doubt he meant it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Anyway, what I'm reacting to is the current "ditch Beasley" mentality around here. I understand it. I don't fault anyone for being frustrated with him. I get it. [b]But if it's not Beasley, who's going to stretch the floor?[/b

His value as a floor stretcher is non-existent when he has SPLITS LIKE THIS!

You're an analytics guy. As a Laker, Beas is literally posting career worsts in PER, TS%, TOV%, WS, BPM, etc.

I don't know if he has personal issues, professional issues, medical issues or what, but the man is a liability on the court right now. Nothing personal - he just stinks and we are too late in the season to gamble on trying to fix him. Maybe he walks next year and finds his game with another team. Good for him if it happens, but the Lakers don't need to gamble their money on Beasley getting right.

As I said, I get it. I know why people are frustrated with Beasley. However, if we're going to accomplish anything in the play-in/playoffs, we're going to need floor spacing. The coaching staff needs to find a way to "fix" him. His overall production this year has been consistent with his career production, but for some reason, he has fallen off a cliff as a Laker. Is that fixable? I don't know.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sometimes coaching matters. Guys don’t have success with other teams and then suddenly fall apart here because they change teams.
Very true
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject:

The 30 Largest Payrolls in NBA History Relative to League Average

There are a lot of Isiah Thomas era Knicks teams on this list, as well as a bunch of Portland teams. We come in at #3 ('95, mostly due to Magic still being on the payroll) and #23 ('13, with Howard and Nash). The '97 and '98 Bulls won titles. The other 28 teams did not. The '06 Knicks (#2), the '07 Knicks (#7), the '05 Knicks (#9), the '03 Knicks (#14), the '02 Knicks (#15), and the '04 Blazers (#29) did not make the playoffs.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject:

i would pick up Beasley's option and try to trade him at the draft. I am sure some team will like to have him. clean his salary and pick up a draft asset.

Sign
DLO
Reaves
Rui
Bamba
Troy
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Vas....saw your prior post on the Dame subject. Yeah, a lot points to their letting him influence where he plays next. He helped keep the ship upright while the trust figured out its next move, got rewarded with his contract, and as they look to sell, both parties probably benefit from a deal.

The question is, in a competitive market do the Lakers have the assets. I think his contract isn't going to be for everyone while the Lakers are in the market of partnering with brands. Dame qualifies. As much as I want to keep Reaves around, I could see him being a player of interest to them. Add a near lotto pick this year, plus another first, maybe Max, and we could be in the ballpark. If only we had short term deals to throw in (ahem Bamba, Beasley).
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The 30 Largest Payrolls in NBA History Relative to League Average

There are a lot of Isiah Thomas era Knicks teams on this list, as well as a bunch of Portland teams. We come in at #3 ('95, mostly due to Magic still being on the payroll) and #23 ('13, with Howard and Nash). The '97 and '98 Bulls won titles. The other 28 teams did not. The '06 Knicks (#2), the '07 Knicks (#7), the '05 Knicks (#9), the '03 Knicks (#14), the '02 Knicks (#15), and the '04 Blazers (#29) did not make the playoffs.

Thanks for posting! That's informative on a number of fronts. It does feel that as the numbers have gotten so much bigger over the years, using something like an inflation adjustment might tell a better story of teams taking financial risk than league average (though both approaches have value).

That is to say, if in 02 a team was $12 million and 20% over league average, I'd consider that less than being $80 million and 18%. But I've probably gone too deep into nerd range .
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:48 pm    Post subject:

As far as the future, I'm disappointed that Rui hasn't gotten more run. He can score, which some Laker lineups have trouble doing. I know he's not as good on defense as the other guys in the rotation, but you have to take that tradeoff sometimes because some of the Laker lineups have big problems on offense.

It's not Ham's job to worry about things like this, but it's pretty straight forward to keep Rui if they want him back. Unlike some of the guys who are upcoming free agents, the Lakers have his bird-rights.

It stinks not to keep talented players they could've kept. The Lakers have had problems with that over the years.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
i would pick up Beasley's option and try to trade him at the draft. I am sure some team will like to have him. clean his salary and pick up a draft asset.

Sign
DLO
Reaves
Rui
Bamba
Troy

Won't be surprised if Rob offers 2023 draft pick and Beasley for Buddy Hield. Rob has been trying to get him for years. Of course we could win the championship this season and maybe Malik shoots like 2020 KCP in playoffs which would be the best outcome. 😂 And we will happily keep him then.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Won't be surprised if Rob offers 2023 draft pick and Beasley for Buddy Hield

I would. There is no fit for a small guard who can’t play defense and is a liability if he can’t make shots. Teams have already learned their lesson on Duncan Robinson/Joe Harris. And Hield is barely an upgrade over Beasley.

Lakers near lottery pick, especially with their scouting department, can pick up a much more impactful rookie player day 1 with that pick.

If anything, Beasley just gets shipped for a 2nd round pick instead of wasting an asset for a position we don’t need with DLO, Reaves, Max Christie, etc,
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Vas....saw your prior post on the Dame subject. Yeah, a lot points to their letting him influence where he plays next. He helped keep the ship upright while the trust figured out its next move, got rewarded with his contract, and as they look to sell, both parties probably benefit from a deal.

The question is, in a competitive market do the Lakers have the assets. I think his contract isn't going to be for everyone while the Lakers are in the market of partnering with brands. Dame qualifies. As much as I want to keep Reaves around, I could see him being a player of interest to them. Add a near lotto pick this year, plus another first, maybe Max, and we could be in the ballpark. If only we had short term deals to throw in (ahem Bamba, Beasley).

Yeah it’s hard to argue dude’s probably one of the better fits in 3rd max types that we’ve entertained or successfully brought in. We’d need about 36.5m to salary match and even a Beas/Mo/MaxC/ReavesS&t wouldn’t be enough due to BYC conditions kicking in on Austin’s new deal (making him 50% of his new deal in outgoing salary towards salary matching). There would have to be more outbound salary…maybe Vando or Rui too.

But let’s say we make it happen, we’ve definitely seen this story before: trading for a max player and letting all our other FAs walk. With Dame in the saddle, we probably Schrow DLo the door….instead of retain him or S&t him for other parts. And then it’s off to the minimum binimum we go.

I don’t mind going Dametime, but you can’t then immediately cut team spending and round out the band with 1yr stopgap minimum bandits.

I’m a fan of Dames, but if it leaves us lame in roster building again, then no thanks. If our FO showed a willingness to spend in arming this roster with luxurious depth, I’d be a whole lot more optimistic heading into the summer.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers don't have anywhere near the draft capital Blazers would want for Dame nor a young center piece they'd want in return for Dame. Even if we put on tinted glasses and say Blazers will reward his loyalty, Blazers would have to take such an underwhelming offer for Dame to end up as a Laker. AR is not gonna be valued as a center piece for a Dame trade especially with Lakers lacking draft capital.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Lakers don't have anywhere near the draft capital Blazers would want for Dame nor a young center piece they'd want in return for Dame. Even if we put on tinted glasses and say Blazers will reward his loyalty, Blazers would have to take such an underwhelming offer for Dame to end up as a Laker. AR is not gonna be valued as a center piece for a Dame trade especially with Lakers lacking draft capital.

He would be a Durant/Donovan Mitchell deal -- 5 FRPs and a couple of young, talented players.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I want BI back. Dlo came back, when we getting BI back?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

No we don't have the pieces for Dame... nor do I think Portland would trade him here... but if they do go full rebuild, maybe we have the pieces for a Jerami Grant trade. Rui, Beasley, 23 1st.

I'm not a big proponent of depth killing trades but I also think if we can split the MLE on Dennis and Troy and Max is ready, that could be a title team.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Ingram is UFA in 2025. Bron's Lakers contract runs out in 2025 as well. I'd love a AD, BI, DLo and AR core in 2025. 😍
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:05 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Ingram is UFA in 2025. Bron's Lakers contract runs out in 2025 as well. I'd love a AD, BI, DLo and AR core in 2025. 😍
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:08 am    Post subject:

As much as I like Ingram, he's pretty happy in New Orleans
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Sign
DLO
Reaves
Rui
Bamba
Troy

Beas at $16 million feels like a negative right now which really cuts into the value of that pick. It doesn't feel worth it at this point.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:25 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
As much as I like Ingram, he's pretty happy in New Orleans

He will be 28 in 2025. Might probably start thinking about joining a contender at that stage of his career like AD did in 2019. BI's idol KD left Westbrook to ring chase and Zion has had a lot of issues with injuries, weight etc.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:18 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Ingram would need to show that he can stay healthy. He has played 40 games this season. He played 55 last season. Unless and until he shows that he can play at least 65+ games on a consistent basis, I'd take a hard pass on him.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:19 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Beas at $16 million feels like a negative right now which really cuts into the value of that pick. It doesn't feel worth it at this point.

He might have value at the trade deadline next year. I'm not sure that we'll keep him that long, unless he turns it around.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:24 am    Post subject:

Which $30m player would be good enough to give up Beasley/Reaves?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:28 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

U want to trade reaves? 😂
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
governator wrote:

U want to trade reaves? 😂

The Lakers would need to have to take a look at their salary structure after re-signing DLO. AD, Bron, DLO. That's a lot of money.

You now may see some teams give Reaves backloaded contracts. I can see a guy like Pop really like him for his team in Spurs. Fits that culture and style perfectly. Although we will likely try to bring both back, if Reaves is a lot more expensive than 40/4, there's going to be some noise about a sign and trade or letting him go. A lot depends on the playoffs/play ins. If AD/Bron/DLO/Reaves share the floor together and win a playoff series, I think they'll go the extra effort $$$ to keep the latter 2.

Unlike many, I don't think it's a lock this team comes back at huge raises. It's not the way the Lakers FO has ever ran their organization under Dr Buss OR Jeanie Buss. The only time the Lakers were giving huge huge contracts to non-current all-stars was the MozDeng era with Jimchak. I've followed Pelinka/Jeanie pairing, and I feel they don't want to spend mega bucks on non-franchise talent on longterm dollars. I mean by that the supporting cast tends to get 2-3 year deals. Not 4 year max raises. In the case of Austin, he's making a strong case for a 4 year max raise. DLO is a 120M type of contract too, potentially. I'll believe Jeanie goes the Jimchak route, when I see it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1400, 1401, 1402 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 1401 of 2545
Jump to: