Skip Bayless on the Laker Bandwagon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:54 pm    Post subject: Skip Bayless on the Laker Bandwagon

Too funny, said "I use to be a Clippers fan but they're fools gold" ... around the 7 min mark.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Is he on the bandwagon or is he doing a troll anti-jinx? I thought he was insincere
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:13 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Is he on the bandwagon or is he doing a troll anti-jinx? I thought he was insincere

Anti-jinx for sure. I would never take him seriously.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject:

If you watch the entire clip he's not BSing and trolling.

He does bring up a good point about how LBJ being out the month can work in our favor like during the bubble when he had all that time off.

We just need to stay healthy and we will be a team that nobody wants to play
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

It’s his shtick. Once Lebron retires Skip will give him all the flowers in the world except for being better than Jordan. Plus he sees how good the Lakers are now, especially without our former backup point guard
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Plus he sees how good the Lakers are now

#8 seed in the West? That’s good?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Stop. We’re a much improve team, especially with AD beastin, Lebron getting healthier, the emergence of AR, and DLO out there with us. You know what I mean.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Stop. We’re a much improve team, especially with AD beastin, Lebron getting healthier, the emergence of AR, and DLO out there with us. You know what I mean.

You’re right. Strong wins against Milwaukee, Boston, Denver, Philadelphia, etc. Oh wait. They beat Golden State, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Chicago, etc.

I get what you’re trying to do, but don’t pretend like they’re the #1 seed in the West.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:

He does bring up a good point about how LBJ being out the month can work in our favor like during the bubble when he had all that time off.

I heard the full segment live this morning. I thought he was trolling.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

You’re just trolling now it’s clear. We were terrible with WB all of last year and before the trade deadline. We have been good after the trade deadline even though we have missed two starters for long stretches. We are a good freaking team.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

You’re right. Strong wins against Milwaukee, Boston, Denver, Philadelphia, etc. Oh wait. They beat Golden State, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Chicago, etc.

I get what you’re trying to do, but don’t pretend like they’re the #1 seed in the West.

Well, I’ll have to enjoy the remainder of the season and hopefully the playoffs with my purple and gold colored glasses. It’s part of being a Laker fan. It’s either win it all or the season was a failure unfortunately. It’s pretty much the Lakers vs the field every night.

So yes, I think with a healthy Lebron and AD, this team can win it all. Over Phoenix, Denver, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly, and whomever else they face.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

They do have wins against Milwaukee and Denver. Do you even watch games?
Kaoxt
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

You don't have to be the #1 seed to be good.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Well, I’ll have to enjoy the remainder of the season and hopefully the playoffs with my purple and gold colored glasses. It’s part of being a Laker fan. It’s either win it all or the season was a failure unfortunately. It’s pretty much the Lakers vs the field every night.

So yes, I think with a healthy Lebron and AD, this team can win it all. Over Phoenix, Denver, Milwaukee, Boston, Philly, and whomever else they face.

Kind of sad honestly if any Lakers fan has that perspective outside of being an "edgy poster" on a random internet forum. No reason to pretend we're a bad team because well... we aren't since the trade deadline and have a much higher ceiling we can still possibly reach. Why not try to enjoy the Season after enduring such an awful year and a half before the deadline?

Who in the West is legitimately a scary team to face if we enter the Playoffs healthy? IMO, the answer is absolutely nobody this Season.. I highly doubt the top 2 seeds would be thrilled playing us in the first round.

The Nuggets who are currently getting blown out by the Pelicans? Or how about the Glizzlies or Kings .. Those are all solid teams but nowhere remotely close to being unbeatable or a nightmare matchup for us in a Series. The scariest teams imo might be the current 4-6 seeds but only if they are fully healthy and that is currently looking more unlikely then even our team. Even if those teams get close to being fully healthy I still like our chances anyways.

We obviously do not deserve to be favorites or anything crazy like that since we have a lot to prove as an overall roster but if we can keep from falling to the 9-10 seed especially (mostly because anything can happen in 2 do or die games) i'm confident with any WC matchup.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

The team is much better since the trade. Stephen A also started making wild predictions like we were a dark horse contender.

As a pure Lakers fan I went from dreading games to looking forward to them again.

So to me it makes sense that neutral sports fans would find the team interesting again.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

They've won 12 of the last 18, and Lebron missed the vast majority of those. That's a .667 win percentage... The Nuggets are the only team who has won at a higher rate than that over the course of the season.

Now in fairness they have hit a weaker part of their schedule over that time, as well. But they are a better team than a #8 record would indicate.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

• They are 2-2 vs. the Nuggets... All 4 meetings pretrade.
  • They are 1-1 vs the Bucks. Both meetings pretrade.
  • Both of their losses to the Celtics were in Overtime, and pretrade.
  • They are 0-2 against the sixers, both pretrade. One in overtime and one by 1 point.

After the deadline moves, the Lakers are a much improved team. They were competitive with the elite teams in the league though, even before it.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

• They are 0-2 against the sixers, both pretrade. One in overtime and one by 1 point.

After the deadline moves, the Lakers are a much improved team. They were competitive with the elite teams in the league though, even before it.

Those are important things to note, how competetive they were pretrade.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

He's a Spurs fan who's bandwagonning because the Spurs are irrelevant right now. He hated Kawhi then he loved Kawhi when he went to the Clippers.
He hated the Lakers and Kobe but after Kobe died he was acting so emotional like he always loved Kobe. He's a troll and an original Laker-hater. But he do get a lot of attention.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Those are important things to note, how competetive they were pretrade.

Yea, Lakers have been very competitive since 2-10 start. 36-28 since then and had close losses against good teams like vs Celtics twice, Philly etc in that stretch.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject:

Kaoxt wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

You don't have to be the #1 seed to be good.

True, also Ming why you salty? You can't admit since the trade we are a much better team? No one said we are the number one team. They said we are a good team now, which we are.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:48 am    Post subject:

I’m not salty. This team just isn’t good. Yeah, they can beat anybody, but they can also get beat by anybody. Case in point Chicago.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I’m not salty. This team just isn’t good. Yeah, they can beat anybody, but they can also get beat by anybody. Case in point Chicago.

13-7 since the trade deadline with Lebron, Davis and Russell all missing games. That winning percentage would put us at the number 2 seed (.650) in the west, if it was for the season.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

13-7 since the trade deadline with Lebron, Davis and Russell all missing games. That winning percentage would put us at the number 2 seed (.650) in the west, if it was for the season.

Hang a banner. Throw a parade. Look at the teams they beat and the teams they lost to in that stretch. Compare that to Milwaukee who just finished a 16 game win streak last month, with wins over Denver and Boston, the streak ended with a loss to Philadelphia. That’s a good team!

Why are we celebrating mediocrity like this team is something special?

I just watched the Bugs beat the same teams we did during that 13-7 stretch. Are the Bugs a good team? NO.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:

He's a Spurs fan who's bandwagonning because the Spurs are irrelevant right now. He hated Kawhi then he loved Kawhi when he went to the Clippers.
He hated the Lakers and Kobe but after Kobe died he was acting so emotional like he always loved Kobe. He's a troll and an original Laker-hater. But he do get a lot of attention.

I like his show better than first take. Maybe he is on the bandwagon, but to me it felt like a set up. So if the Lakers end up losing he can harangue Shannon about how the Lakers lost a series they should’ve won with their fake king, etc.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: