THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3496, 3497, 3498 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject:

Let's go!

Quote:
Prosecutors in Georgia are expected to make a decision soon on whether to seek indictments in their investigation of Donald Trump and some of his allies over their efforts to interfere with the results of the 2020 presidential election in the state.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1641857949051101184?t=FHK7jttu4SzjCXwzG1Cxig&s=19
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
The GOP is evil, for the most part, really evil.
How these low life's support Trump is crazy.
Watching them all call this a democratic targeted indictment is crazy too. Trump is a lifetime criminal....everyone knows that....he is finally getting what has been due to him for decades....

Watching them all squirm makes me sick. They are all evil.
Evil people, trying to spin this...
Keep bringing up Hilary or Bill or whoever....
This is not about them....
It's about your evil leader, Donny.

What a horrible time in history...how this guy ever became president, I will never understand....and I hope and pray that history is horrible to him and to all the ones that supported him....

I don't think he would've won with just the votes from dumb GOP voters in 2016. He won because of liberals who wanted to "send a message" like the POS Susan Sarandon. You can't change backward conservatives but the holier than thou liberals are just as responsible for the rise of Trumpism.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
The GOP is evil, for the most part, really evil.
How these low life's support Trump is crazy.
Watching them all call this a democratic targeted indictment is crazy too. Trump is a lifetime criminal....everyone knows that....he is finally getting what has been due to him for decades....

Watching them all squirm makes me sick. They are all evil.
Evil people, trying to spin this...
Keep bringing up Hilary or Bill or whoever....
This is not about them....
It's about your evil leader, Donny.

What a horrible time in history...how this guy ever became president, I will never understand....and I hope and pray that history is horrible to him and to all the ones that supported him....

I really think someone needs to attempt to get through to MAGA peoples and remind them of the fact Trump never helped a single one of them after the insurrection.
The Insurrectionists
Went to Prison
Are paying real restitution with their own cash
Some paid for lawyers

Trump never helped any of them
I think they need to be reminded

Biden also needs to offer Lindsey Graham some sort of immunity against whatever Putin and Trump have on him...
He could start with him and reach across the aisles
Current Republicans never legislate the truth.. One of the Tennessee Republican lawmakers was aksed what he does to protect his young daughter from school shootings.. "We homeschool her"
They are all Compromat. and Mentally Ill.
MTG personally harassed David Hogg
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/27/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-david-hogg-video/index.html
Quote:
In the video from March 2019, Greene follows Hogg as he walks toward the US Capitol. She can be heard making false and baseless claims as she asks him a series of questions related to gun rights and how he was able to meet with senators. Hogg continues to walk without addressing Greene.

“He’s a coward,” Greene says at the end of the video as Hogg walks away, claiming his activism was funded by billionaire philanthropist George Soros, who is often the subject of far-right conspiracy theories, and other liberals. “He can’t say one word because he can’t defend his stance.”

That is either mental illness or Compromat or both
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Let's go!

Quote:
Prosecutors in Georgia are expected to make a decision soon on whether to seek indictments in their investigation of Donald Trump and some of his allies over their efforts to interfere with the results of the 2020 presidential election in the state.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1641857949051101184?t=FHK7jttu4SzjCXwzG1Cxig&s=19

They have to move soon because Georgia state Republicans are currently trying to re-write the law to give themselves power to fire any district attorney in the state for no reason in their effort to shield Trump from prosecution. The linked NYT article said a report one way or the other is due by May 1st.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Let's go!

Quote:

Curious, when the DOJ files charges for the documents will some of the charges be on behalf of the USDOD. There are military documents there that he stole.

Trumps own law sentenced a citizen who leaked one piece of paper confirming "that Russian hackers accessed voter registration rolls in the United States with an email phishing operation", to do 5 years in prison... I wonder what 2 Billion Dollars purchased Saudi Arabia?
Reality Winner
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Winner
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
32 wrote:
Let's go!

Quote:

They have to move soon because Georgia state Republicans are currently trying to re-write the law to give themselves power to fire any district attorney in the state for no reason in their effort to shield Trump from prosecution. The linked NYT article said a report one way or the other is due by May 1st.

That would violate some sort of Federal Law wouldn't it?
Like the Republicans Legislators plan that can throw out any votes it wants and declare anyone the winner... The Feds will have some say won't they?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I'll just put it this way . . . the American people are Charlie Brown and the American Justice System is Lucy holding the football . . . I gave up trying to kick the football a long time ago.

I think that's healthy. Trump is innocent until proven guilty. And the average person is a moron. They will try to fill the jury with morons. The jury will be scrutinized like crazy. I imagine they will feel pressure from people coming out of the woodwork behind the scenes unless sequestered. Every amount of influence possible with be thrown upon them. Never underestimate the amount of collective evil that will be conspiring against them that will be outside the rule of law. This is a cult for some of these people, and they will do cult-like things.

I think, too, the judge and prosecution have to realize all of this before taking an ex-POTUS up on criminal charges. They've been feeling it for some time, so they've got to have an idea that there will be a next level to this.

In any event, I'm not taking this to court unless I have checkmate and a slam dunk wrapped around an open and shut case. Even then, I already know that you never know with a jury. But you've got to have accountability and this is the start of that process.

I'm curious what the "fringe" cult will do with some of this. Will any of them step back and actually look at where Trump, himself and his behavior and actions, has dragged them to? They need to disconnect from him and find someone else to reconnect with. Maybe a few more will realize he's not who they think he is. And then we repeat this process in another court.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I will be shocked if there is a jury or a trial. Once the 2024 Presidential election is finished this likely disappears, that is the reason for this indictment.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject:

It's times like this I wish we still had the rolling eyes emoticon.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It's times like this I wish we still had the rolling eyes emoticon.

<— this one?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject:

We used to have much better one than that. It was much more expressive and sarcastic.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

34 counts would be a lot for a judicial theater. I can't imagine they'd do all that work for a sham that won't hold up, or that doesn't have any chance of being proven.

Especially since its been worked on for so long. This was worked on while Trump was still in office in 2019, so I don't think anyone was thinking of 2024 when Trump might have won in 2020 and been in office by the time investigation concluded.

Also, this isn't going to hurt his popularity. They could have footage of him committing each act and it still won't be believed or cared about by any of the people who still support him
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject:

According to NBC:

DA wanted Trump to be arraigned TODAY.

Trump's lawyer argued Secret Service needs more time to prepare, so they proposed Tuesday.

Secret Service sources say they could have done it today as they need little time to prepare.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
According to NBC:

DA wanted Trump to be arraigned TODAY.

Trump's lawyer argued Secret Service needs more time to prepare, so they proposed Tuesday.

Secret Service sources say they could have done it today as they need little time to prepare.

Ummm, yeah. The whole idea of the Secret Service is to be prepared for anything . . . always.

Total stall tactic, the question is, for what?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:27 pm    Post subject:

My guess is that they wanted more time to organize protests. Margarine Greene said she'll be there on Tuesday.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I'll just put it this way . . . the American people are Charlie Brown and the American Justice System is Lucy holding the football . . . I gave up trying to kick the football a long time ago.

I think that's healthy. Trump is innocent until proven guilty. And the average person is a moron. They will try to fill the jury with morons. The jury will be scrutinized like crazy. I imagine they will feel pressure from people coming out of the woodwork behind the scenes unless sequestered. Every amount of influence possible with be thrown upon them. Never underestimate the amount of collective evil that will be conspiring against them that will be outside the rule of law. This is a cult for some of these people, and they will do cult-like things.

It won't be hard for Trump's legal team to wrangle at least one MAGAt onto the jury. At some point the prosecution is going to run out of challenges and they have to accept someone suspect. I've always maintained that this is one reason a conviction will be very hard (I know people like to say, "but this is New York, they HATE Trump!" . . . but there are Trumpies in NY too), a hung jury is very likely.

Quote:
I think, too, the judge and prosecution have to realize all of this before taking an ex-POTUS up on criminal charges. They've been feeling it for some time, so they've got to have an idea that there will be a next level to this.

In any event, I'm not taking this to court unless I have checkmate and a slam dunk wrapped around an open and shut case. Even then, I already know that you never know with a jury. But you've got to have accountability and this is the start of that process.

I totally agree that utmost preparation and thoroughness is critical in order to even have a shot at convicting Trump. And on that level I understand the hesitation to move too quickly on every prosecutor's part.

However, that hesitancy has come at a dangerous cost; it has simply normalized Trump's criminal and antagonistic behaviors and emboldened both him and his supporters, both in government and in the public. I fear that may not be reversible at this point.

Quote:
I'm curious what the "fringe" cult will do with some of this. Will any of them step back and actually look at where Trump, himself and his behavior and actions, has dragged them to? They need to disconnect from him and find someone else to reconnect with. Maybe a few more will realize he's not who they think he is. And then we repeat this process in another court.

I would hope. But indicators seem to demonstrate otherwise. Polling has showed that attempts to arrest and try Trump at this point will garner support for him, not get supporters questioning that support.

It's definitely a tough line to walk, but we have to err on the side of justice for the countries democratic values.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My guess is that they wanted more time to organize protests. Margarine Greene said she'll be there on Tuesday.

I suspect you are right.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I will be shocked if there is a jury or a trial. Once the 2024 Presidential election is finished this likely disappears, that is the reason for this indictment.

Nice try. The reason for the indictment is because he has committed crimes, and not just related to this case.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If jailed, Trump would most likely be held at RIKERS ISLAND in the infirmary with a concrete box to exercise in and two secret service agents outside his cell, professor of criminal justice says.

Daily Mail
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Dominion got a very favorable ruling. The jury will be instructed that Fox spread false information, and the jury will then determine whether Fox knew it was false.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Trump's team claims they've raised $4 million since yesterday. That's another reason why they pushed the spectacle until Tuesday, to excite the base for contributions for as long as possible.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I suspect you are right.

Who gets to delay their arrest?
NY should have seen this and NOT let it happen
Don't let Trump announce anything.. Just tell the secret service they are coming for him

It was announced Secret Service already created the plan for arrest last time he said it was a Tuesday

Bad of them to give Trump a full weekend+ to rile up brainwashed Americans. Very lame
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Trump's team claims they've raised $4 million since yesterday. That's another reason why they pushed the spectacle until Tuesday, to excite the base for contributions for as long as possible.

Saw on Reddit Lindsey Graham was on Fox News nearly in tears begging for defense money for Trump. Pathetic
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject:

The idea that the secret service needs advance warning in order to prepare seems like it defeats the idea of the secret service entirely. Also, are they really that secret? Seems like everyone knows who they are and what they do.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Yes, and Trump wants to be the ONLY one allowed to do this grift. They are forbidding other Republicans from trying to raise money off Trump's indictment. lol

Quote:
Alex Isenstadt @politicoalex

hearing that Trump campaign senior officials are calling candidates and campaigns raising money off Trump indictment, and telling them to stop. The Trump campaign is viewing it as a scam/ripoff and pushing to head it off.

The underbosses aren't allowed to collect their take until the head Mob boss signs off.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3496, 3497, 3498 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 3497 of 3672
Jump to: