THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3520, 3521, 3522 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject:

Yep. Republican cruelty when they could show some humanity and let them replace her. What is wrong with people?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

Yahoo News
Feinstein’s health issues were far more serious than publicly disclosed: What we know

Dylan Stableford and Christopher Wilson
Fri, May 19, 2023 at 11:08 AM PDT·6 min read

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:
DeSantis messed with the wrong company. 2000 jobs will now be saved in California. hahahahha

Quote:
Disney is pulling the plug on a nearly $1 billion development planned for Orlando, Florida, the company said on Thursday, as it feuds with Gov. Ron DeSantis.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1659264768652320787

Disney is cutting costs from its business. Since Desantis is throwing obstacles to its company, they will be cutting jobs from that state.

DeInsanetis is shooting himself in the foot. He's costing his constituents jobs. In today's economy that's a no no.

Disney has delayed construction of that complex several times, they have a hiring freeze and are cutting production costs on their streaming channels. Igor pulled the plug on that development as part of their cost cutting measures. He might as well get a shot in at DeSantis at the same time, those jobs weren’t going to Florida.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CNN is making a shift to being more neutral.

No, they are shifting to being more conservative. This Lincoln Project video is spot on.

Their hosts are anything but conservative or at least the majority.

What they may be personally is irrelevant to the actual content that is presented, which is clearly becoming to more and more conservative at Chris Licht's direction; something he makes no secret of.

The platforms need a change. Outside of Ari and Alex MSNBC is unwatchable. CNN gives time to both sides. I don't watch CNN outside of Pamela Brown, Kate, or bill weir. I think all networks should shift to something more down the middle. The Trump townhall reaction was expected and that's good. For those independents that are off Joe got to see again how much worse Trump is. CNN seemingly spent the next 2 days laughing at him. I don't see the big deal.

On a brighter note. There is speculation that laura ingraham is being let go. Maybe FOX pivots more center.

A better idea is to stop watching mainstream media and start following independent journalists. They all lie to fit a narrative. It’s called manufacturing consent.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 5:51 pm    Post subject:

They all lie? Like every single mainstream journalist lies? And independent journalists are all truth tellers? Big if true.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 1:38 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Yep. Republican cruelty when they could show some humanity and let them replace her. What is wrong with people?

They're funded by Terrorists both Domestic and Foreign. The people who forced through Kavanaugh and Coney-Barret don't care about Democracy or The Bill of Rights or our Constitution - They would rather rewrite them all.. and cause mass social chaos
Just remember the DNC/RNC Hack.. they kept the dirt on the RNC PRIVATE for Kompromat
After that Hack Lindsay Graham become a MAGA overnight......

jodeke knows...
In 1956 Russia’s Communist leader Nikita Khrushchev said,
Quote:
“We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within....”

Look at the Terrorists Demands to protect America from defaulting on Debt and causing world financial troubles.. they don't care... they truly are terrorists because they seem to be able to get away with it...

Killing Roe V Wade was a Terrorist Action IMHO. Giving these sicko Republicans rights to track your childs menstrual cycle and use dogs in Airports to sniff their vagina for signs of pregnancy to and on return from their flight.. Imagine an Atheist Father allowing this to happen to his Daughter in front of him...He'd go Full Hannibal Lecter
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:13 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
They all lie? Like every single mainstream journalist lies? And independent journalists are all truth tellers? Big if true.

Should be easy enough to prove, right? Lying is fact based. Putting together a list of the all the lies each mainstream journalist has told shouldn’t take long.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

People believe what they want. I am sure some of these independent truth tellers who go unchecked are probably some of the worst.

If someone is a trumptard or Kari lake supporter they have no interest in truth or having a mind of their own.

For me msnbc outside of a couple people is just one long infomercial on how everyone even a hair right of center is a crook and how everyone left of center, even to the extremes are the answer.

We need an outlets that speak to the majority (independent) giving us honest feedback on what’s happening.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:56 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Wilt wrote:

People believe what they want. I am sure some of these independent truth tellers who go unchecked are probably some of the worst.

If someone is a trumptard or Kari lake supporter they have no interest in truth or having a mind of their own.

For me msnbc outside of a couple people is just one long infomercial on how everyone even a hair right of center is a crook and how everyone left of center, even to the extremes are the answer.

We need an outlets that speak to the majority (independent) giving us honest feedback on what’s happening.

A very different thing than lying.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Wilt wrote:

maybe, but is that pattern honest? IDK. Opinion vs straight news. I don't mind opinions from some, but I certainly want the whole story.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Wilt wrote:

maybe, but is that pattern honest? IDK. Opinion vs straight news. I don't mind opinions from some, but I certainly want the whole story.

Well, that question assumes that your description is truly accurate and honest in itself.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Wilt wrote:

For me msnbc outside of a couple people is just one long infomercial

everyon
e even a hair right of center is a crook and how everyone left of center, even to the extremes are the answer.

Well, that question assumes that your description is truly accurate and honest in itself.

I don't think it's truly accurate because of the term everyone. That makes the statement all-encompassing. There are good people on both sides.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

everyon
e even a hair right of center is a crook and how everyone left of center, even to the extremes are the answer.

Halflife wrote:

On the list of issues our country is facing.

Getting "the whole story" by factoring in right wing garbage is pretty low on my list.

These posts are coming off a little too "both sides-y" for my personal taste. And it's this kind of thinking that has our country's Overton window too far right compared to countries higher up in terms of quality of life. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/quality-of-life
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject:

If I was on a CNN panel. And had to listen to someone representing the right tell me about the importance of lax gun ownership.

I'd ask them to go visit Khloie and explain it to her.
https://twitter.com/beckysvilla/status/1660268679135653890 (NSFW)

Then I'd thank the higher ups in CNN for giving a platform to garbage.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Halflife wrote:

everyon

Halflife wrote:

Getting "the whole story" by factoring in right wing garbage is pretty low on my list.

These posts are coming off a little too "both sides-y" for my personal taste. And it's this kind of thinking that has our country's Overton window too far right compared to countries higher up in terms of quality of life. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/quality-of-life

Exactly. Halflife’s falls into the intellectual fallacy that “both sides are the same” and that they carry equal weight and credibility. Engaging right wing lies and conspiracies is not “getting the whole story”. It’s elevating falsities to the level of truth. The only that matters to the story is the facts. Including falsities into the story is not being objective, it’s being a party to allowing the real story to be manipulated.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:23 am    Post subject:

There is a large subset of the population that wants the benefits of blue state life but the “perks” of red state living, like low taxes and no regulation, the ability to say any hateful thing you want, run the homeless out of sight, and frisk every person of color in town so the suburban people feel safe and superior.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Halflife wrote:

everyon

Halflife wrote:

Exactly. Halflife’s falls into the intellectual fallacy that “both sides are the same” and that they carry equal weight and credibility. Engaging right wing lies and conspiracies is not “getting the whole story”. It’s elevating falsities to the level of truth. The only that matters to the story is the facts. Including falsities into the story is not being objective, it’s being a party to allowing the real story to be manipulated.

stop. No one said both sides are the same.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject:

God the misinformation is soo freaking bad.

My coworker told me today after watching something from his youtube algorithm, "Desantis passed a bill that in Florida there will be a $10,000 fine to employers who hire illegal immigrants".

I know that illegal immigrants are a scapegoat who do jobs other Americans wont. And that their cheaper labor provides low overhead for items in stores. Which translates to cheaper prices for all Americans. And thus there should be common sense legislation offering them a pathway to citizenship.

But, if you are right wing. And truly want to stop illegal immigration. Punishing the employers is actually addressing the "problem" at its root. As opposed to demonizing and throwing the immigrants under the bus.

So I come home and do a quick google search:

Quote:
the Florida Supreme Court at Governor DeSantis’ request and will:

Make it a third degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison, a $5,000 fine, and five years of probation, to knowingly transport, conceal, or harbor an illegal alien within or into the state;
Make it a second degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000, if the illegal alien is younger than 18 years old

https://www.flgov.com/2023/02/23/governor-ron-desantis-announces-legislation-to-counteract-bidens-border-crisis/

Want to know the cherry on top of my story? My coworker. He was born in S. America. His dad (also illegal at the time) snuck him into California in elementary school. He and his family lived here illegally for several years before getting citizenship. And now he's a registered "independent", who calls Democrats woke socialists.

Misinformation, cognitive dissonance, selfishness, lack of empathy, etc, etc. It's unbearable for me to bite my tongue and deal with it sometimes.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue May 23, 2023 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

It's anecdotal, but I've gone to twitter accounts of many conservative/right wing/Republican politicians/commentators. You go down to the comments and the number of paid blue check accounts is astonishing. You have people with like 67 followers (real people, not bots) who are paying for a free service.

No wonder Trump can raise so much money from poor people.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling if my coworker met Trump or Desantis. Or any of the racist, xenophobic Republican leaders he admires and supports (in the closet by being a registered "independent"). If he met one of them. And they had him arrested until he could prove his citizenship. Heck if they had him deported.

He'd still support them. And he'd just blame all the current "bad" immigrants, (which by his definition he and his family were) for the trouble.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Jack Smith is apparently wrapping up the Mar-a-Lago probe. I must admit, I was very skeptical when Garland appointed him because it seemed like a delaying tactic that won't go anywhere since Trump hadn't been held accountable his entire life. What changed my mind was that a number of Trump's lawyers either left his team and some are even cooperating in some way with the DOJ.

I'll believe it when I see it, but things are looking good. Apparently his current lawyers are requesting a meeting with the DOJ, which often happens before an indictment.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
God the misinformation is soo freaking bad.

My coworker told me today after watching something from his youtube algorithm, "Desantis passed a bill that in Florida there will be a $10,000 fine to employers who hire illegal immigrants".

I know that illegal immigrants are a scapegoat who do jobs other Americans wont. And that their cheaper labor provides low overhead for items in stores. Which translates to cheaper prices for all Americans. And thus there should be common sense legislation offering them a pathway to citizenship.

But, if you are right wing. And truly want to stop illegal immigration. Punishing the employers is actually addressing the "problem" at its root. As opposed to demonizing and throwing the immigrants under the bus.

So I come home and do a quick google search:

Quote:
the Florida Supreme Court at Governor DeSantis’ request and will:

Make it a third degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison, a $5,000 fine, and five years of probation, to knowingly transport, conceal, or harbor an illegal alien within or into the state;
Make it a second degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000, if the illegal alien is younger than 18 years old

https://www.flgov.com/2023/02/23/governor-ron-desantis-announces-legislation-to-counteract-bidens-border-crisis/

Want to know the cherry on top of my story? My coworker. He was born in S. America. His dad (also illegal at the time) snuck him into California in elementary school. He and his family lived here illegally for several years before getting citizenship. And now he's a registered "independent", who calls Democrats woke socialists.

Misinformation, cognitive dissonance, selfishness, lack of empathy, etc, etc. It's unbearable for me to bite my tongue and deal with it sometimes.

Wait . . . Are you saying he’s a Republican who willfully engaged in blatant hypocrisy? Well that’s a shock! 😉😀
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Jack Smith is apparently wrapping up the Mar-a-Lago probe. I must admit, I was very skeptical when Garland appointed him because it seemed like a delaying tactic that won't go anywhere since Trump hadn't been held accountable his entire life. What changed my mind was that a number of Trump's lawyers either left his team and some are even cooperating in some way with the DOJ.

I'll believe it when I see it, but things are looking good. Apparently his current lawyers are requesting a meeting with the DOJ, which often happens before an indictment.

It’s certainly encouraging, but I’m definitely in the “I’ll believe it when I see it camp”. Finishing up an investigation merely means just that. It doesn’t mean that charges actually follow, or there will be a successful prosecution leading to a conviction with actual time to be served in prison. (And I know I’m not saying anything you are not completely aware of, just explaining where my deep skepticism that anything will actually happen to Trump is rooted).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Halflife wrote:

everyon

Halflife wrote:

stop. No one said both sides are the same.

We all know you have said as much both directly and indirectly multiple times here.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:

It’s certainly encouraging, but I’m definitely in the “I’ll believe it when I see it camp”. Finishing up an investigation merely means just that. It doesn’t mean that charges actually follow, or there will be a successful prosecution leading to a conviction with actual time to be served in prison. (And I know I’m not saying anything you are not completely aware of, just explaining where my deep skepticism that anything will actually happen to Trump is rooted).

My biggest worry is that ultimately there will be a disguised fanatical Trump supporter in the jury that will prevent a successful prosecution. The DOJ wins something like 97% of cases, so when they usually don't indict unless they are confident. But this is Trump we're talking about. The trial will most likely be held in DC, so the chances of a Trump supporter corrupting the process is low, but you never know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3520, 3521, 3522 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3521 of 3663
Jump to: