Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Nurse is gone now.

We are doom next 3 years.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

I’m interested to see how he does in Philly, especially if they lose Harden as expected. I think Nurse is a good coach but his rep has been a little inflated by being the beneficiary of Kawhi’s last healthy season and a slew of timely Warrior injuries. Once Kawhi left Toronto the results weren’t so great.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

I’m interested to see how he does in Philly, especially if they lose Harden as expected. I think Nurse is a good coach but his rep has been a little inflated by being the beneficiary of Kawhi’s last healthy season and a slew of timely Warrior injuries. Once Kawhi left Toronto the results weren’t so great.

Why did the Raptors fire him? Who could possibly be better?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

He wasn't on the same page as Ujiri and wasn't producing much in the way of results. Overall, he's been an average to good head coach, but not a great head coach. Sometimes, it's just time for a change.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

Seems the Raptors had a lot of talent the last couple seasons and underperformed under Nurse. I think he was probably the best available coach left, but there’s a perception out there that Nurse is a genius and he’s been hyped up by the media but I’m not convinced it is warranted. The Raptors had one really good season when absolutely everything bounced their way (Kawhi being healthy, Kawhi’s 5 bounce buzzer beater against Philly, KD and Klay getting hurt in the Finals.)

If Philly loses Harden I think they just aren’t that good. Didn’t think they were that good with him. We’ll see if he can elevate them but I would probably peg them for another 1st or 2nd round exit.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

Philly is not a perfect situation for him, the Lakers is, but we have signed stupid Ham.
But they would be better than expected. He will try to load manage Embiid like what they did with Kawhi.
And Philly have some young talents. Harden at this point just keep disappearing in big moments, and he is losing his first step, so if his shot is not on, he can easily be stopped.

Nurse is the perfect coach to push a team that is on the brink of winning to winning it all. He is not a good coach for a young team.

Every championship run have other team injured. Cant really use that to devalue the coach.
And just because the coach win a championship doenst mean he is a great coach either (ie: Doc River and Bud)

He implement key strategies in the playoff that paid off.
ex: one of the first coach to wall off Giannis, worked perfectly
Box and 1 against GSW, completely messed up GSW offensive flow (though granted it wouldnt have worked if Durant was healthy, but no team was beating that Warrior team if everyone is healthy)

The dude make key strategic move and adjustment in the playoff that gets the results, that is what matters.

Where as Ham does the opposite, he make it harder for our team to win.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

Seems the Raptors had a lot of talent the last couple seasons and underperformed under Nurse. I think he was probably the best available coach left, but there’s a perception out there that Nurse is a genius and he’s been hyped up by the media but I’m not convinced it is warranted. The Raptors had one really good season when absolutely everything bounced their way (Kawhi being healthy, Kawhi’s 5 bounce buzzer beater against Philly, KD and Klay getting hurt in the Finals.)

If Philly loses Harden I think they just aren’t that good. Didn’t think they were that good with him. We’ll see if he can elevate them but I would probably peg them for another 1st or 2nd round exit.

read my post below.

I dont think anyone claim Nurse is perfect, or as good as Spo.
but he is the best fit coach for our team, what we need.

Yes Philly isnt the ideal situation for him, but the dude needs a job, and we are stuck with idiot Ham.

I hate people making stupid argument like this, and it happens so much on the forum:

1. I think Nurse would be a better coach for the Lakers, Idiot: LOL NURSE AINT PERFECT, LOL

2. Ham 3 guard lineup sucks, we needed size, Idiot: LOL RUI AINT GONNA STOP JOKIC, TRISTAN THOMPSON IS WASHED, Mo BAMBA IS INJURIED, HAM 3 GUARDS LINEUP ROCK
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

Philly is not a perfect situation for him, the Lakers is, but we have signed stupid Ham.
But they would be better than expected. He will try to load manage Embiid like what they did with Kawhi.
And Philly have some young talents. Harden at this point just keep disappearing in big moments, and he is losing his first step, so if his shot is not on, he can easily be stopped.

Nurse is the perfect coach to push a team that is on the brink of winning to winning it all. He is not a good coach for a young team.

Every championship run have other team injured. Cant really use that to devalue the coach.
And just because the coach win a championship doenst mean he is a great coach either (ie: Doc River and Bud)

Box and 1 against GSW, completely messed up GSW offensive flow (though granted it wouldnt have worked if Durant was healthy, but no team was beating that Warrior team if everyone is healthy)

The dude make key strategic move and adjustment in the playoff that gets the results, that is what matters.

I am really enjoying the fact that Darvin ham is coming back next year if no one ever reason to listen to cry babies like you whine about it
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

I am really enjoying the fact that Darvin ham is coming back next year if no one ever reason to listen to cry babies like you whine about it

Does this mean next year you not going to be whining in the game thread when he SUPRISE NOONE with the famous 3 guard linieup?
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:39 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

Does this mean next year you not going to be whining in the game thread when he SUPRISE NOONE with the famous 3 guard linieup?

These people are the same idiots who said Westbrick trade was a good trade.

There are people out there who watch basketball, but they might as well be just skipping to the score recap in the end, cuz they don’t see the nuisance in the game or the intangibles.

From the Westbrick experiment 2 years ago, I just realize I am basically shouting at the wind when I tell people that this person will cause us to lose.

People won’t see it until it happens; and sometimes they are still ignorant about it.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:26 am    Post subject:

This team has a lot of offensive firepower. Shouldn’t we run an offense that uses that as a strength?

I’m curious to see what darvin puts in place now that we don’t have players like WB, and Pat Bev in the starting lineup.

We have offensive threats with Dlo, Rui, and reaves all capable of 15+ppg

I honestly believe that Dennis could give you 15 as well if given a bigger role since he’s done it before off of the bench.

The point is we have at minimum 5 guys that can get buckets and for some reason we don’t utilize that as a strength. Teams should not be able to stop us easily. Our offense is garbage honestly. Can’t wait to see what ham does with a full offseason and training camp

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject:

I think Ham could use one more experienced voice on his staff. Somebody known for good basketball strategy. I think Chris Jent is his current lead assistant, and while he has years of experience he seems more like the guy who should be 3rd or 4th in command not 2nd.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject:

I think it comes down to lebron. We need him to make a conscious decision to be the point-guard. Score in transition, score when they leave you open, but allow the young guys to carry the offensive load as a unit.

David isn’t capable of being a number 1 or a number 2 option Imo. He is capable of anchoring a defense and giving you a shot at winning every night.

I think everyone sees it but nobody wants to admit that lebron just isn’t that guy who can elevate your offense in the same way as he used to. I think he has to find a different way to dominate and imo that is being a coach on the floor and a floor general. Make the defense pay every time with your passing!

He has more than enough offensive fire power

Dlo, reaves, rui, AD, walker, Dennis.

Use them bron! We need your IQ and passing to win it all not your scoring.
Also up to ham to give him a better offense to work eith

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:56 am    Post subject:

FWIW the Lakers offense was 19/20th in the NBA with this coaching staff. Even after trading WB, the Lakers rating in March was 15th in the league, 21st in the league in Feb.

It only looked good in April, but this was a small 5 game stretch.

So I'm not sure why the arguments I read is that Ham plays small guard ball and is this brilliant offense mind, while the staff we used to have was weak on offense. I don't agree with that. In fact, quite the opposite. I think Ham did a lot better on defense with this squad.

Possibly we need to acknowledge an old Lebron/AD team is never going to be elite on offense, because when AD is your 2nd best player, and Lebron is your best (old Lebron that is) you will not get elite offense. In this league right now to get elite offense you need 2 great outside threat superstar types who shoot lights out and can get to the rim. Our stars are much better in the paint, not so much from outside. Both are also iso heavy players who thrive better with slower halfcourt offense where there's a lot of kick out 3 point shooting options for them (and screen setting).

The Lakers won games based on very good defense moreso vs elite offense even this year. It is part of the reason why I'm more than happy to ship out D'LO for some defensive role players who can make 3s. In our starting 5, DLO is the weak link defensively, and we need someone to compliment AD inside (a big body that can defend bigs and do some help for AD). I mean I'm more than happy to keep DLO and get those pieces if Jeanie is willing to spend the extra $$$ (Bring DLO off the bench as an elite 6th man or Reaves as an elite 6th man and start a 3nD defensive guard/wing).

Basically I think Ham did solid, but I wouldn't start getting ahead of myself and saying he did more with less. Quite the opposite, I think he did not get the best out of the team on offense and relied much more on AD's defense and this team's defense to get wins. We had a lot more shot creators on this team than any other Lebron/AD team in LA - Rui, Walker, Reaves, DLO etc a lot of guys that can create a shot and even make 3s. However it should be noted, that even though this was the case, we were an average middle of the pack offense team - rated 8th/16th in the playoffs. Again, IMO, we won moreso with defense and some great home energy, relying heavily on AD's monster work on defense. Our defense is rated 4th/16 playoff teams, which is near elite. This is where Ham and his staff deserve the most props.

Now possibly, some will argue that it's just about chemistry and time. Maybe, run it back and we'll see. My gut says I've seen AD/Bron for 4 years now. They'll never be a team that wins with elite dominant offense or being smaller than you. If they win another title (or get close by being in the Finals or something like that) it will be through dominant defense and having role players that make 3 point shots and being bigger. The first series we didn't have a HUGE AD size advantage, we got swept. The sooner Ham and Pelinka see the strengths and what it would take to win a title, the better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think it comes down to lebron. We need him to make a conscious decision to be the point-guard. Score in transition, score when they leave you open, but allow the young guys to carry the offensive load as a unit.

David isn’t capable of being a number 1 or a number 2 option Imo. He is capable of anchoring a defense and giving you a shot at winning every night.

I think everyone sees it but nobody wants to admit that lebron just isn’t that guy who can elevate your offense in the same way as he used to. I think he has to find a different way to dominate and imo that is being a coach on the floor and a floor general. Make the defense pay every time with your passing!

He has more than enough offensive fire power

Dlo, reaves, rui, AD, walker, Dennis.

Use them bron! We need your IQ and passing to win it all not your scoring.
Also up to ham to give him a better offense to work eith

You are asking for more physical exertion from a guy who will be 39 next season and possibly coming off of foot surgery. Hopefully, foot surgeries at any age can kill a career. It is rumored that the team is looking for a PG and if that isn’t DLO, they need to find someone else. Because Lebron out aged that position a couple of seasons ago.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
So I'm not sure why the arguments I read is that Ham plays small guard ball and is this brilliant offense mind, while the staff we used to have was weak on offense. I don't agree with that. In fact, quite the opposite. I think Ham did a lot better on defense with this squad.

I'm not sure who you have seen arguing that Ham is a brilliant offensive mind. I thought his offense was okay given the pieces that he had to work with, but I didn't get the impression that he was some sort of offensive innovator.

As much as people complained about the small-ball lineups, the Russell/Schroder/Reaves configuration was one of our better lineups. The configurations with Westbrook and Beverley were more problematic, but they're gone. Anyway, the small-ball lineups appeared to be dictated by the roster more than by any offensive strategy on the part of Ham. When you have a guard-heavy roster, you're going to see guard-heavy rotations.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I think Ham could use one more experienced voice on his staff. Somebody known for good basketball strategy. I think Chris Jent is his current lead assistant, and while he has years of experience he seems more like the guy who should be 3rd or 4th in command not 2nd.

Realizing that Ham is incompetent and trying to get good assistant around him to make him better is like trying to put lipstick on a pig.

It will still look like crap.

Ham ain’t a smart coach like Kerr who knows how to utilize people strength.
I am sure his staff are not all full of idiots that supported his decision of 3 guard lineup spam against Denver. But the dude looks like he is stubborn as a rock.

Putting good assistant coach around him will only make the assistant coach frustrated that the dumb brick is the head coach
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Realizing that Ham is incompetent and trying to get good assistant around him to make him better is like trying to put lipstick on a pig.

It will still look like crap.

Ham ain’t a smart coach like Kerr who knows how to utilize people strength.
I am sure his staff are not all full of idiots that supported his decision of 3 guard lineup spam against Denver. But the dude looks like he is stubborn as a rock.

Putting good assistant coach around him will only make the assistant coach frustrated that the dumb brick is the head coach

He got us to the wcf with a guy nicknamed “every other game” and another guy who fell asleep in 4th quarters
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

There are people out there who watch basketball, but they might as well be just skipping to the score recap in the end, cuz they don’t see the nuisance in the game or the intangibles.

From the Westbrick experiment 2 years ago, I just realize I am basically shouting at the wind when I tell people that this person will cause us to lose.

People won’t see it until it happens; and sometimes they are still ignorant about it.

You are welcome to point out anywhere where I said that the Westbrook trade was a good trade
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:31 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

I never whined about three guard lineups
Honestly, nobody wines better than you
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

You are welcome to point out anywhere where I said that the Westbrook trade was a good trade

You are all the same wave of people who cant or refuse to see the obvious.
Of course not all of you guys gonna be wrong at the same thing.

I had a crap load people jump at me when I said Walton was crap coach, needs to be fired.

I had crap load of people did the same when I said our season is over when Westbrick trade happened.

now it is the same thing happening all over again.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject:

A true martyr
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Eh, sock puppets make poor martyrs.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

Best record in the league since the trade deadline
Made it to the Western Conference finals
You’re a dork
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:20 am    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Nurse is gone now.

You are all the same wave of people who cant or refuse to see the obvious.
Of course not all of you guys gonna be wrong at the same thing.

I had a crap load people jump at me when I said Walton was crap coach, needs to be fired.

I had crap load of people did the same when I said our season is over when Westbrick trade happened.

now it is the same thing happening all over again.

Hmmmm we are all the same wave of people
How thought-provoking
At no time did there ever seem like Russell? Westbrick was a fit for this team not the first year when he was brought in certainly not the second.

You’re trying to equate a head coach to a player. I’m starting to feel sorry for you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 180 of 277
Jump to: