Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1412, 1413, 1414  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2015
Posts: 715

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Seems like outside of Bron, DLo is the player closest to AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29007
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

He's not even bragging.
It's true: https://streamable.com/p0mh9y
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 18459
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
Seems like outside of Bron, DLo is the player closest to AD.


Absolutely.
Anthony and D’Angelo have been to several Green Bay Packers games together. A few other teammates not named Lebron has tagged along with them for some games.

AD from Chicago and DLO from Kentucky they grew up in the same AAU Circle and most importantly both of them are close with Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 13468

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject:

32/9/3/3/4 is a really good night. Too bad we couldn't make it count with some better decision making offensively and defensively down the stretch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(Video) Rajon Rondo courtside and coaching up AD and the Lakers during timeouts #CoachRondo

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/1amgoow/video_rajon_rondo_courtside_and_coaching_up_ad/



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 2311

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:43 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
32/9/3/3/4 is a really good night. Too bad we couldn't make it count with some better decision making offensively and defensively down the stretch.


He did a better job on Jokic that I have seen in previous matches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 24819

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

Played well, need him to pressure Jokic into foul trouble more
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1250

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis might be doing more work for the Lakers than any other player is for his team.

The PPG hasn't shown it, but it feels like he's been more of a go-to guy down the stretch than I've seen in the past. It feels like he has more responsibility to actually generate offense for himself and others.

On top of that, he has to cover up so much for the Lakers on defense.

He's stayed healthy so far this while having his highest minutes per game since joining the Lakers. That while having more responsibilities overall on the court.

I feel like he's the guy who most needs some depth behind him so he can rest some more.

A good season overall thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

AD's passing and court vision has impressed me so much the last couple of months. Really looks like something has clicked for him and he's more aware of where everyone is on the floor now and he's making better and quicker decision against double teams now.

Please be healthy AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 17786

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:49 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
AD's passing and court vision has impressed me so much the last couple of months. Really looks like something has clicked for him and he's more aware of where everyone is on the floor now and he's making better and quicker decision against double teams now.

Please be healthy AD.

probably understanding the reads helps a lot
better spacing does too -- and the offense making use of non-shooters like Vanderbilt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 2537

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
AD's passing and court vision has impressed me so much the last couple of months. Really looks like something has clicked for him and he's more aware of where everyone is on the floor now and he's making better and quicker decision against double teams now.

Please be healthy AD.

probably understanding the reads helps a lot
better spacing does too -- and the offense making use of non-shooters like Vanderbilt


Perhaps Ham was right after all with the new offense giving AD more space to pass out of doubles ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 17786

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:54 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
tox wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
AD's passing and court vision has impressed me so much the last couple of months. Really looks like something has clicked for him and he's more aware of where everyone is on the floor now and he's making better and quicker decision against double teams now.

Please be healthy AD.

probably understanding the reads helps a lot
better spacing does too -- and the offense making use of non-shooters like Vanderbilt


Perhaps Ham was right after all with the new offense giving AD more space to pass out of doubles ...

This new offense looks good and in the last few weeks we're seeing a lot more weak side action. Personally I think Ham was right in installing a new offense, but people wanted the instant gratification of seeing results immediately.

I'm interested in how the offense looks when we integrate the defensive guys, however. Does the offense still work if Reddish is getting minutes? (If not, I think Christie should eat all his minutes tbh.) What about if you have Gabe instead of Reaves/ Russell -- he's not quite the shooter. With Vando the story is clearer -- imo play him with the starters & play him with Wood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 1993

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Playmaker AD should show up more often.
_________________
The butter is getting hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 22623

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakers offense exploded since AD started his passing frenzy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 13607
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject:

These guys are Thuggin

I think Bron and AD et al made the decision to give it their all every game from here on.. Team may have come together to talk about roatations too because it is looking better out there...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 35679
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

AD 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 assists at the half.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 13468

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Great game from AD. They just had no answer for him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46193

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Every time I see Anthony Davis as dominate as he’s been this season it would be a major disappointment if we don’t give ourselves a real shot at winning a championship, this is our last chance IMO, AD has played in almost all the games and he’s done a good job taking care of his body, LeBron and AD need to deliver for this team 1 more time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 22623

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Every time I see Anthony Davis as dominate as he’s been this season it would be a major disappointment if we don’t give ourselves a real shot at winning a championship, this is our last chance IMO, AD has played in almost all the games and he’s done a good job taking care of his body, LeBron and AD need to deliver for this team 1 more time

The boxing lessons worked wonders. He fell to the ground much less this season, and he seems stronger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46193

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Every time I see Anthony Davis as dominate as he’s been this season it would be a major disappointment if we don’t give ourselves a real shot at winning a championship, this is our last chance IMO, AD has played in almost all the games and he’s done a good job taking care of his body, LeBron and AD need to deliver for this team 1 more time

The boxing lessons worked wonders. He fell to the ground much less this season, and he seems stronger


Yep, I’m truly proud of him, his desire to work on preventing injuries has given this team a real chance this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 30501

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject:

That 3 on 1 break was something else.

https://streamable.com/0iewy3
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 3445

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Ads passing has been great this season, especially out of the post when he’s doubled.

It seems like in general the team is learning how to operate when Lebron or AD go down low
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 5653
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:41 pm    Post subject:

If he's not the DPOY this season, they should just cancel the award all together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 2923

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
If he's not the DPOY this season, they should just cancel the award all together.


TBH the DPOY and MVP awards have lost credibility with me long ago.

The finals mvp is the only one I still sorta care about
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 22190
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:38 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
That 3 on 1 break was something else.

https://streamable.com/0iewy3


DPOY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 1412, 1413, 1414  Next
Page 1413 of 1414
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB