***2023/2024 NBA Regular Season Discussion thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers should win their next 4 games if they are serious about this sh*t
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:36 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Looks like it could be a 3-team race for the final two play-in spots. Lakers are currently tied with Utah 1-1 for the season series. Valentine's Day matchup against the Jazz could be significant. Lakers are 1-0 against the Warriors.

Halflife wrote:
West is stacked

It used to be .500 should be good enough for 8th place in the West. Now 8th place is 7 games over .500...lol.

During the Kobe era, I remember 8th seeds winning 48-50 games:

2010: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/season/2010
2009: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/season/2009
2008: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/season/2008

Imagine playing a 50 win KD, Harden, Westbrook Thunder team in the first round. They were literally a missed Gasol tip in away from a game 7 that year.

He consistently dominated better competition, and it's not particularly close. It's why I laugh at all the people who say he shouldn't be in the GOAT conversation.

Agreed. You don’t have to say he is but to look at the enigma that he is and who he battled.. cmon son. I’d argue media plays a big role in that and shaping perceptions
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Wemby was 5 assists away from a quadruple-double.

You have to go back 30 years to find the last player who dropped one (Admiral back in 1994).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Murray shoots like Steph vs the Lakers, but can't hit the broad side of a barn vs the Bucks.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

bucks beating down on the nuggets in Milwaukee lol

No surprise Brook and Giannis a tougher matchup for MVP and Gordon Jr. rather than tiny AD and Lebron.

Robin Lopez still available
DO IT ROB?!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

No surprise Brook and Giannis a tougher matchup for MVP and Gordon Jr. rather than tiny AD and Lebron.

DO IT ROB?!

Brook couldn't do a thing to stop Jokic. But defensively they never let Murray get going, or let him commit to bad shots. Giannis was there to steal the ball on Jokic's moves. While they did leave some spots open, they forced Jokic to be the main scorer while trying to keep anyone else catching a rhythm. That's the way you're supposed to defend Denver. Not gamble and leave people wide open for three.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

DO IT ROB?!

Brook couldn't do a thing to stop Jokic. But defensively they never let Murray get going, or let him commit to bad shots. Giannis was there to steal the ball on Jokic's moves. While they did leave some spots open, they forced Jokic to be the main scorer while trying to keep anyone else catching a rhythm. That's the way you're supposed to defend Denver. Not gamble and leave people wide open for three.

Nikola went Kobe mode that first half. Everyone else was a no show and unfortunately KCP re-aggravated his hamstring injury.

Gonna give the bucks defense some credit. They use their size properly. Pat Bev at point guard. Jae Crowder at small forward. Not like how darvin played Pat at shooting guard during his time here.

Just frustrating watching other teams maximize their size and using every advantage they got to win games.

While we are still 50/50 if Darvin will continue loading up our lineups.
Read a rumor on social media that Darvin is considering another 3 guard lineup of Spencer, DLO, Austin, Lebron, and AD.
Hoping this to not be true
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

DO IT ROB?!

Yup. Last year, I said the key to advancing against the Nuggets wouldn't be stopping Jokic, but Murray. He's the yin to Jokic's yang. They complement each other so well that they only play championship-level ball when both are in-sync. When that doesn't happen, Nuggets look very mortal and beatable. Obviously Jokic is playing MVP level ball, but just like Kobe in 05-06, no player can beat teams alone.

Last edited by Denny_Russo on Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Of course the Wiz blow a 11 point lead in the 4th to the Mavs. The tank must keep going.

That being said, Gafford is balling for them. 16/17/2/5 in his 2nd game.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Warriors are scaring me now.

Also, Hali hasn't looked the same since his injury. Guess he's still not 100%.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:29 pm    Post subject:

There are a bunch of a teams in the top tier this season, unlike last season.

DEN is still there, but you have a few teams with young stars making a leap and veteran teams who made big roster moves joining them in that top tier.

It's a lot more open than it was last season. I think people overlooked DEN being ahead of everyone else because they don't really attract a lot of attention. Everything other "top team" outside of them had big issues. There's a reason why DEN's path to the championship seed-wise was 8, 4, 7, and 8. DEN was the only real contender last season.

There's actually decent crop of contenders this season.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:36 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

DEN is still there, but you have a few teams with young stars making a leap and veteran teams who made big roster moves joining them in that top tier.

It's a lot more open than it was last season. I think people overlooked DEN being ahead of everyone else because they don't really attract a lot of attention. Everything other "top team" outside of them had big issues. There's a reason why DEN's path to the championship seed-wise was 8, 4, 7, and 8. DEN was the only real contender last season.

Right now the only teams I'd have in the top tier are the Nuggets, Celtics and maybe the Clippers. I don't really trust the T-Wolves, Thunder, Suns or those other teams in the West.

In the East, Milwaukee could have a real shot at winning it all if it gets hot the rest of the way.

If the Lakers get hot, the only team I'd feel they couldn't beat in the playoffs in the West would be the Nuggets. The depth in the NBA right now is at the pretender level and not really the contender level.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:50 am    Post subject:

Clippers starting to sputter a bit while the Warriors are cookin
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Japago wrote:

Right now the only teams I'd have in the top tier are the Nuggets, Celtics and maybe the Clippers. I don't really trust the T-Wolves, Thunder, Suns or those other teams in the West.

In the East, Milwaukee could have a real shot at winning it all if it gets hot the rest of the way.

If the Lakers get hot, the only team I'd feel they couldn't beat in the playoffs in the West would be the Nuggets. The depth in the NBA right now is at the pretender level and not really the contender level.

I believed the Suns have a shot of winning it if they can peak at the right time but those 4 aforementioned teams have a better chance as they are well balance than the rest . However Vogel is experience and a proven winner so he can figure it out. We and Miami might pull a surprise here and there and so will the Warriors but that largely depends on a matchup. I just don’t believe Lebron can be consistently great series after series if we keep getting lucky.

Last edited by CRoost on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Clippers starting to sputter a bit while the Warriors are cookin

Both teams are mid-to-bad if their shot isn't going down. No interior game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Japago wrote:

tbh I think the matchup the Nuggets want to avoid most is the Timberwolves. Gobert + Towns as a two big lineup would give Jokic flashbacks.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

The setup is looking better and better for the Lakers. They probably won’t have HCA but seeding hardly matters since the top teams are all close. If they can luck out like they did in the in season tournament and have some of the good teams take each other out, they will have a great chance.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Looks like it could be a 3-team race for the final two play-in spots. Lakers are currently tied with Utah 1-1 for the season series. Valentine's Day matchup against the Jazz could be significant. Lakers are 1-0 against the Warriors.

Halflife wrote:
West is stacked

It used to be .500 should be good enough for 8th place in the West. Now 8th place is 7 games over .500...lol.

During the Kobe era, I remember 8th seeds winning 48-50 games:

2010: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/season/2010
2009: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/season/2009
2008: https://www.espn.com/nba/standings/_/season/2008

Imagine playing a 50 win KD, Harden, Westbrook Thunder team in the first round. They were literally a missed Gasol tip in away from a game 7 that year.

He consistently dominated better competition, and it's not particularly close. It's why I laugh at all the people who say he shouldn't be in the GOAT conversation.

Agreed. You don’t have to say he is but to look at the enigma that he is and who he battled.. cmon son. I’d argue media plays a big role in that and shaping perceptions

NBA record 26 Playoff series wins against 50+ win teams.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:11 pm    Post subject:

teams tend to let off the gas this final week leading into ASG. Happens every year. We unfortunately dont have that luxury.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kuzma chooses stat-padding over contending

NBACentral
@TheDunkCentral

Kyle Kuzma mentioned that the Wizards offered him a trade to Dallas, but he chose to stay in DC to build something there

“Winger presented me with what the trade was and obviously didn’t want to trade me and kind of left the decision up to me a little bit and asked me what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted to stay and continue to build something. And that was kind of the end of it.”

(Via http://bit.ly/49eOM1V)
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1757427097075667101

wooooow....
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Booker traveled. smh
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

SAC is a joke. That team is going no where
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Who's more likely to fall off between PHX and SAC? I.E., who are the Lakers more likely to catch in the standings?

I think SAC has a higher floor because I trust SAC more to stay healthy. Beal has another injury, this time a hammy. But, I think PHX is the better team when everyone is healthy. They have a higher ceiling if their big 3 and new role players gel.

SAC didn't add that much to their team from last season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:52 am    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
SAC is a joke. That team is going no where

Ah Shaq’s favorite franchise back up to their old tricks.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:42 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
beasley 7/9 from 3 tonight, lol

If we had this year's version of Beasley we would have won the title last year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 81 of 92
Jump to: