OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2831, 2832, 2833 ... 2835, 2836, 2837  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Inverse wrote:
He's the best floor general in the league. Like his eras chris paul. The guy just always hits guys in the perfect spots/positions which lead to layups or frree throws. Just give him the extension rob

Better than Haliburton?

KOBE
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

I don't think DLO is anywhere close to prime Chris Paul level.

But I'm happy he's a Laker.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
In 2024 with D'lo in the lineup the Lakers are at about a .650 winning percentage which would be good for 5th in the west. This includes some quality wins and disappointing losses. I think it’s a fair representation of how good this team is. The only team in the top 5 I'd really be concerned about is Denver.

They're a top 3 team in the West with DLo and when our 3 is either Rui or Vando. Ham has been a masking function over the potential of this team.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
manlisten wrote:
In 2024 with D'lo in the lineup the Lakers are at about a .650 winning percentage which would be good for 5th in the west. This includes some quality wins and disappointing losses. I think it’s a fair representation of how good this team is. The only team in the top 5 I'd really be concerned about is Denver.

They're a top 3 team in the West with DLo and when our 3 is either Rui or Vando. Ham has been a masking function over the potential of this team.

I don't know about top 3 only because teams like Minnesota and LAC that have never won tend to go all out when they have good teams in the regular season and I still can't put the Lakers over Denver. But I think this team is capable of competing with anyone as long as Ham can stay out the way.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject:

He truly seems like a different person. Like he recommitted himself to doing all he can to improve..

It is hard to have an Idol like KOBE...
you would feel like dropping out of the fan club if you are not believing in yourself and doing all you can to improve

CANI
Constant
And
Neverending
Improvement
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, DLo has been inconsistent with the Lakers so far during his time here. It's time for him to show some consistency. He's got a good half a season left to get it together.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Well, DLo has been inconsistent with the Lakers so far during his time here. It's time for him to show some consistency. He's got a good half a season left to get it together.

How has he been inconsistent? The only thing inconsistent is Ham's use of him.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

💯👍, yes this whole season so far has been Ham & eggs being a bad checkers player. He screwed this team so bad it’s a bad joke!

I’m not even talking about injuries but the misuse of Rui, D-Lo, playing Prince & Cam as starters is a termination offense, yet alone not using Wood or Hayes & trying to make at least a 10 man line up, he also jerked around Max.

They should be a top 4 Western Conference team easily! Maybe now we’ll see 48 minutes of hustle ball & not start playing the games 5 minutes after they start!

Schemes were NO schemes, who’s running this team LBJ? I keep hearing NO practice 😮 WHY? You’re a professional basketball team with courts & facilities all over the place & this bum HC says we can’t practice??? 😡 NO OTHER TEAM HAS THIS PROBLEM! The players will coach & run the team as far as they can just like last year! The pickup of Dinwiddie is helpful even though I wanted a big, but in 5he last few weeks these players realize if they share the ball & have D-Lo run the offense it brings everything together including guys playing with EFFORT & willing to DEFEND to get all involved like it should be!

Vogel woulda done wonders with these tools! ✌️
HC: Riley
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It's more than that. His ability to make shots seems to be highly correlated to where his confidence level is. When defenses clamp down and he starts missing contested shots he loses confidence in his ability to make shots and he will then regularly miss wide open looks he should be making.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
It's so funny that you have these athletic freaks in AD/Bron and then you have D'lo and Reaves . Like a fat chick and a skinny guy who find love.

It sure is pretty when the ball is going in. But they kind a reflect on the score tonight.

Lakers put up 87pts at the half, but also gave up 74pts.

This team need Vando back, so he can at least limit DLO/AR being liabilities on defense. While both those guys covers Vando's offensive liability.

What is stanley Johnson doing? The buyout market doesnt seem to have that lockdown person for Vando Insurance.

I saw Stanley in Elk Grove 2 weeks ago. He’s playing for the Kings G League team.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Inverse wrote:
He's the best floor general in the league. Like his eras chris paul. The guy just always hits guys in the perfect spots/positions which lead to layups or frree throws. Just give him the extension rob

Better than Haliburton?

Does Haliburton set up his guys better than DLO? I dont think so. But tbf i havent really seen much of haliburton but to me he seems like a score first guard where as DLO really relishes in setting up his teammates. Dude is cerebral out there and very underrated throughout the league. If he had full reigns over the offense he would be averaging 12+ assists a game
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:47 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Oh boy
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:15 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He shows up for one game and disappears in the next.

I think DLo will be the difference between us being a playoff team or a championship team. If DLo balled out, then we might have enough to overcome Denver assuming AD and Bron played like their usual playoff selves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:24 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

there’s one dude that he moves and shoots like, Chris Mullin
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:31 am    Post subject:

I'm still skeptical about DLo until he proves otherwise. He's similar to Embiid in that they're regular season warriors. They perform well in the regular season when there isn't much pressure. But in the playoffs when the pressure is on, they choke.

Kobe was hands down the clutches player of all time. He probably had the highest end of game fg percentage and free throw percentage. Some guys just handle pressure better than others.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:02 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I'm still skeptical about DLo until he proves otherwise. He's similar to Embiid in that they're regular season warriors. They perform well in the regular season when there isn't much pressure. But in the playoffs when the pressure is on, they choke.

Kobe was hands down the clutches player of all time. He probably had the highest end of game fg percentage and free throw percentage. Some guys just handle pressure better than others.

Love Kobe but MJ was the most clutch player of all time. I watched all of Kobe’s career and the majority of MJs.

Regarding Dlo, I do think it’s mental. Dudes outward appearance of overconfidence comes from a place of weakness. When he goes to that dark place, he falls apart. Some of it might have to do with how his career has played out. Never being wanted, always being traded. I hope we keep him this summer and he gets his head right.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:23 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Love Kobe but MJ was the most clutch player of all time. I watched all of Kobe’s career and the majority of MJs.

Regarding Dlo, I do think it’s mental. Dudes outward appearance of overconfidence comes from a place of weakness. When he goes to that dark place, he falls apart. Some of it might have to do with how his career has played out. Never being wanted, always being traded. I hope we keep him this summer and he gets his head right.

DLo was drafted into a terrible situation. I think his first two seasons with the Lakers we were tanking whereas Kobe was drafted into a Laker team that was making the playoffs every year so Kobe was put into pressured situation right from the beginning of his career. Lakers might have ruined DLo with how his first couple years panned out. He didn't get into playoffs until later. He needs to be in a lot of playoff/pressured situation in order to get used to it and become better. Playoff atmosphere cannot be simulated during practice.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

DLo was drafted into a terrible situation. I think his first two seasons with the Lakers we were tanking whereas Kobe was drafted into a Laker team that was making the playoffs every year so Kobe was put into pressured situation right from the beginning of his career. Lakers might have ruined DLo with how his first couple years panned out. He didn't get into playoffs until later. He needs to be in a lot of playoff/pressured situation in order to get used to it and become better. Playoff atmosphere cannot be simulated during practice.

Yeah look at his coaches; Byrno and Luke. Even with them if we had some assistant like Handy he would be much better and we could have draw better FAs back in 2016.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Day wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He shows up for one game and disappears in the next.

I think DLo will be the difference between us being a playoff team or a championship team. If DLo balled out, then we might have enough to overcome Denver assuming AD and Bron played like their usual playoff selves.

Did you miss the entire month of January?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

2024, 13 games
22.4 of
48% FG
44% 3FG
84% FT
6.0 AST

He actually shoulda been an Allstate ahead of Dame $ lol
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Better than Haliburton?

Does Haliburton set up his guys better than DLO? I dont think so. But tbf i havent really seen much of haliburton but to me he seems like a score first guard where as DLO really relishes in setting up his teammates. Dude is cerebral out there and very underrated throughout the league. If he had full reigns over the offense he would be averaging 12+ assists a game

Haliburton is averaging 12 assists a game, and has had 20 assist games; Definitely not a score 1st guard.

DLO is actually a score 1st guard, that can facilitate.

Even DLO's highest usage rate in Brooklyn, he didn't average 10 assists, but averaged 18 FGA.

But I really like DLO, hopefully he can stay consistent. I like his now "I don't care" attitude, seems to be helping him play more free.

Where as before, I felt like when he isn't scoring, he disappeared.

We will see how he does, through out the rest of the season, but i'm liking what I've seen in the past 12 games or so.

He's being more consistent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Better than Haliburton?

Since you are asking we have to assume that you haven’t watched Halliburton play. Because the answer is definitely yes.
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

You can make an argument that Chris Paul is the greatest pure PG of all time.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
kikanga wrote:

You can make an argument that Chris Paul is the greatest pure PG of all time.

Also prime CP3 is an undisputed max contract. Dlo, currently makes less than 50% of the max.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Better than Haliburton?

Haliburton was the floor general behind the #1 ranked offense of all-time. That's right. The Pacers had the best rated offense in NBA history earlier this season around the time of the in-season tourney. It may still be rated that high, but I haven't checked recently. Also Haliburton got hurt for a bit so their numbers may have dipped.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2831, 2832, 2833 ... 2835, 2836, 2837  Next
Page 2832 of 2837
Jump to: