NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2546, 2547, 2548 ... 2553, 2554, 2555  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 144462
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Would Jeanie bring in a guy who had a domestic violence restraining order against him? I’m not thinking that would bring positive PR.
_________________
RIP mom. 11-21-1933 to 6-14-2023.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 10806

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Would Jeanie bring in a guy who had a domestic violence restraining order against him? I’m not thinking that would bring positive PR.


Are we talking about Jason Kidd?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 853

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Would Jeanie bring in a guy who had a domestic violence restraining order against him? I’m not thinking that would bring positive PR.


If you're talking about Ariza, he was the one who filed it: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nba-trevor-ariza-claims-ex-215919423.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 7151

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
the rondo backup pg dream is over

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39860520/rajon-rondo-announces-retirement-nba-done


I wasn't looking for him to play but to coach. If we can switch it up this offseason, having Rondo over meathead alone is worth 5 plus games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25092

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

Why we not dropping C.Wood? I mean let him rehab under company facility and still get paid but buy him out (we don’t have his bird right anyway) and pick up Hayes’s back up, a bulkier one, not Harry Giles. What’s the hold up? There’s Myers Leonard, Whiteside, Gorgui Dieng, RoLo, Bo Cruz.
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 10632

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject:

So when are we getting Giannis?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Posts: 931
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Why we not dropping C.Wood? I mean let him rehab under company facility and still get paid but buy him out (we don’t have his bird right anyway) and pick up Hayes’s back up, a bulkier one, not Harry Giles. What’s the hold up? There’s Myers Leonard, Whiteside, Gorgui Dieng, RoLo, Bo Cruz.


He has a player option on next season so unless he were to opt out (not sure who's giving him more than the vet min) he would be dead money on next year's cap.
_________________
|D||O| |I||T| |R||O||B|
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 26332

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
So when are we getting Giannis?


Ingram and Tatum are coming up before then in 2025.

2025 off-season sign Ingram(UFA), Zubac(UFA), Lonzo(his market value will be very low depending on how he plays next season or if he comes back).

Starters:

D'Angelo Russell (sign long term this off-season)
Austin Reaves (signed till 2027-2028)
Brandon Ingram
Anthony Davis (signed till 2028-2029)
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Lonzo Ball
Max Christie (sign long term after off-season)
Jarred Vanderbilt (signed till 2028-2029)
Rui Hachimura (signed till 2026-2027)
Jaxson Hayes (sign long term after player option is taken)

Go into the 2025 off-season with DLO, Reaves, Davis, Vando, Hachimura, Christie, Hayes as guaranteed multi-year guys. Then try to add Ingram, Zubac, Ball to that(if healthy). Caruso will also be available.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25092

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

laker_guerilla wrote:
governator wrote:
Why we not dropping C.Wood? I mean let him rehab under company facility and still get paid but buy him out (we don’t have his bird right anyway) and pick up Hayes’s back up, a bulkier one, not Harry Giles. What’s the hold up? There’s Myers Leonard, Whiteside, Gorgui Dieng, RoLo, Bo Cruz.


He has a player option on next season so unless he were to opt out (not sure who's giving him more than the vet min) he would be dead money on next year's cap.


Oh ok, I’d keep my option too if I were Wood
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2021
Posts: 5698

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Projected cap space approximates this summer.

DET: $61M
PHI: $55M
ORL: $42M
UTA: $38M
OKC: $35M
SAS: $25M

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1776273502594646339

Orlando really want to try to nab D'Lo from us after drafting so many guards like Fultz(acquired)/Suggs/Anthony/Black?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46650

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Projected cap space approximates this summer.

DET: $61M
PHI: $55M
ORL: $42M
UTA: $38M
OKC: $35M
SAS: $25M

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1776273502594646339

Orlando really want to try to nab D'Lo from us after drafting so many guards like Fultz(acquired)/Suggs/Anthony/Black?


I could see the Spurs making a run at DLO if they can’t get Trae
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2021
Posts: 5698

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Projected cap space approximates this summer.

DET: $61M
PHI: $55M
ORL: $42M
UTA: $38M
OKC: $35M
SAS: $25M

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1776273502594646339

Orlando really want to try to nab D'Lo from us after drafting so many guards like Fultz(acquired)/Suggs/Anthony/Black?


I could see the Spurs making a run at DLO if they can’t get Trae


Yup same, Let's see who wins the Tobias Harris sweepstakes. lol 1 of those teams definitely gonna overpay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 46650

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Projected cap space approximates this summer.

DET: $61M
PHI: $55M
ORL: $42M
UTA: $38M
OKC: $35M
SAS: $25M

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1776273502594646339

Orlando really want to try to nab D'Lo from us after drafting so many guards like Fultz(acquired)/Suggs/Anthony/Black?


I could see the Spurs making a run at DLO if they can’t get Trae


Yup same, Let's see who wins the Tobias Harris sweepstakes. lol 1 of those teams definitely gonna overpay.


I have seen a lot of people linking Tobias Harris to the Pistons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 12860

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

For where the Pistons are, they'd be better off leveraging their cap space to add additional assets while getting trade-at-a-later date veterans.

The Orlando rumor is a little perplexing. They just drafted Black in the Lotto, paid Anthony and still have Suggs. Plus, the ball should really be in Paolo and Franz' hands. Their identity is size and skill. Dlo would be going a different direction.
_________________
Austin Reaves keeps his game tight, like Kobe Bryant on game night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 26332

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject:

The reason the Pistons have so much cap space is because nobody wants to go there and they blow every prospect they have.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 9031

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject:

pistons are a useless organization. They could have had 2 1sts for the european dude bogdonovic or something. This year they traded him for 2nds i thinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 53807

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:55 am    Post subject:

Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 26332

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
pistons are a useless organization. They could have had 2 1sts for the european dude bogdonovic or something. This year they traded him for 2nds i thinks


They also aren't going to do anything for James Wiseman either. Probably the worst place he could have wound up.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 10632

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?

Yup. Even the Russ trade was just 1 pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 26332

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
ocho wrote:
Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?

Yup. Even the Russ trade was just 1 pick.


It'd be even more horrible because the Lakers don't need more offense, just more defense.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 22363
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?


Yup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 4416

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?


Duuuude?!? Why bring that up? Please don’t tell me someone considered it, as any thing other than the worse trade in Laker history.
_________________
“When it looks as if it is a realistic possibility, I want to focus on winning a ship like it’s a goal that can’t be denied. I didn’t see that this off season.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 5121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

It's important to bring it up, because we've been this stupid in the past.

Five years later we still don't control our pick, and people want to do it again for a lesser player than AD.

Do people not learn from past mistakes?

A team similar to the one that MJST outlined, should have been our team the whole time. That team can compete for a title when LBJ retires.

You trade all those players and picks for a top heavy Trae/AD with old LBJ team, it's sheer insanity.

We should have waited for AD and signed him as a free agent and then we could have been looking at a dynasty. The only thing that made the trade look tolerable is that BI and Lonzo were hurt all the time. But having Hart and Garland and the other picks would have made a huge difference.

Prime LBJ could win with AD and Trae, but not 40 year old Bron.

We need to let Bron go to Cleveland with Bronny and start living life without him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 3706

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
ocho wrote:
Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?


Duuuude?!? Why bring that up? Please don’t tell me someone considered it, as any thing other than the worse trade in Laker history.


he has sauces
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25092

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
ocho wrote:
Would Austin/Rui/Gabe/3 1sts (and parting ways with DLo) for Trae Young be the worst trade in Lakers history?


Duuuude?!? Why bring that up? Please don’t tell me someone considered it, as any thing other than the worse trade in Laker history.


he has sauces


Y’all not trusting Pelinka to not do something like this?
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2546, 2547, 2548 ... 2553, 2554, 2555  Next
Page 2547 of 2555
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB