AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 17880

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:10 am    Post subject:

I see what you're saying but the stat I was talking about was how often Reaves takes shots at the end of shot clocks (presumably under duress). I know what you mean about heaves and agree but don't think that really matters when it comes to winning ball games, compared to the ability to shoot and make shots at the end of shot clocks when the offense stalled
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29353
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I see what you're saying but the stat I was talking about was how often Reaves takes shots at the end of shot clocks (presumably under duress). I know what you mean about heaves and agree but don't think that really matters when it comes to winning ball games, compared to the ability to shoot and make shots at the end of shot clocks when the offense stalled


Another big factor is the ability to get to the line.

Reaves FTr isn't as high as Bron and Brow. But his .300 FT attempts per FGA is good as well.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 39542

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I see what you're saying but the stat I was talking about was how often Reaves takes shots at the end of shot clocks (presumably under duress). I know what you mean about heaves and agree but don't think that really matters when it comes to winning ball games, compared to the ability to shoot and make shots at the end of shot clocks when the offense stalled


For me, it's not the individual act that is important. It's the mentality to do what ever it takes to win games, without being concerned about personal stats. That has an effect on 48 minutes of game time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 6821

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Might be the guy who needs a rest out of the group right now.

No legs last few games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 6398

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Might be the guy who needs a rest out of the group right now.

No legs last few games.


playing all 76 games plus 1 game in the in-season. Kid might be really exhausted right now. should be the one resting in back2back games, specially if Gabe vincent is available
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 3189

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team


How much do you think those shots drag down his efficiency? Seems like not even 1 percent. Also how many of these shots are actual grenades versus him being open or having time to create? With all that said he's been playing better the past few months so no real complaints here.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 17880

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:12 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
tox wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team


How much do you think those shots drag down his efficiency? Seems like not even 1 percent. Also how many of these shots are actual grenades versus him being open or having time to create? With all that said he's been playing better the past few months so no real complaints here.


Uhhh, FG% wise, he's 422-870 (48.5%) this season. Without those chucks he's 397-775, which is 51.2%. So about 2.5%

Of course everyone has to take some bad shots as a general rule so it's not like we should 0 that out, but I do think this is notable given the volume/ poor efficiency from AR on these.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 3189

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:14 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
manlisten wrote:
tox wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1bt8j1h/oc_nikola_jokic_is_attempting_by_far_the_most/

Per this reddit post, Reaves is 25-95 (31% eFG%) on shots at the end of a shot clock. That's really bad but checks out because this roster lacks a real bail out guy at the end of shot clocks (Lebron is no longer that guy).

But it's interesting he's the #2 Laker in terms of FGA for these -- and it means his overall efficiency numbers are dragged down by how much he takes these bailout shots for the team


How much do you think those shots drag down his efficiency? Seems like not even 1 percent. Also how many of these shots are actual grenades versus him being open or having time to create? With all that said he's been playing better the past few months so no real complaints here.


Uhhh, FG% wise, he's 422-870 (48.5%) this season. Without those chucks he's 397-775, which is 51.2%. So about 2.5%

Of course everyone has to take some bad shots as a general rule so it's not like we should 0 that out, but I do think this is notable given the volume/ poor efficiency from AR on these.


Yea that would be akin to eliminating any bad shots he attempts from record. If he made between 10 and 20 more of those he'd be just above 49% overall. Also worth mentioning that he's at the very bottom of that list both in attempts and efficiency so this is a category he's just not good at and not necessarily a victim of circumstance. Out of 38 players listed, he's 1 of only 3 to shoot below 30%.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 17880

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 pm    Post subject:

He's at the very bottom of that list in attempts but it's a list of the guys who attempt the most of these shots. To me the main takeaway is:

1) AR is even more efficient in normal offense

2) He is not a bailout shot guy

As I said before, the latter will haunt us in the playoffs because we lack a bailout shot guy. Sometimes LeBron hits those shots and I get shocked about how nice it is to get some "free points", before remembering how that's a normal thing for most teams. Hachimura is probably our best bad shot taker at this point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 5389

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I think Austin would look a lot better coming off the bench. Sit DLo and bring in Austin. Maybe start dinwiddie or Vincent for defense.

Not saying this as a demotion because I stil think he should get started minutes, I just think he needs the ball more and he won’t get that with the starters. Plus, our bench needs scoring badly. He could help a lot with that
_________________
“like I never left”

#1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2018
Posts: 6398

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think Austin would look a lot better coming off the bench. Sit DLo and bring in Austin. Maybe start dinwiddie or Vincent for defense.

Not saying this as a demotion because I stil think he should get started minutes, I just think he needs the ball more and he won’t get that with the starters. Plus, our bench needs scoring badly. He could help a lot with that


lol here we go again. They are winning with current starters. AR just need a rest. He didn't miss any game this season, kid is tired as (bleep).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 3189

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

They're winning in spite of having a bottom 10 defense post All Star. Not ideal when trying to compete for a championship. Bringing Austin off the bench would help alleviate that and make the Lakers a better team.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32067

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I think Austin would look a lot better coming off the bench. Sit DLo and bring in Austin. Maybe start dinwiddie or Vincent for defense.

Not saying this as a demotion because I stil think he should get started minutes, I just think he needs the ball more and he won’t get that with the starters. Plus, our bench needs scoring badly. He could help a lot with that


Why? Lakers are rolling. Austin has been good, even with his big slump from three the last half dozen games or so. Even today, scoring only 7, he was good. Had 6 assists to 3 TOs (too many TOs, but that AtTO ratio is good) and played good defense. He’s been working hard on defense since his scoring responsibilities are less woth the other four scorers in the starting lineup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 2588

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:56 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

<snip>

Why? Lakers are rolling. Austin has been good, even with his big slump from three the last half dozen games or so. Even today, scoring only 7, he was good. Had 6 assists to 3 TOs (too many TOs, but that AtTO ratio is good) and played good defense. He’s been working hard on defense since his scoring responsibilities are less woth the other four scorers in the starting lineup.


The rotations shouldn't be messed with at this time of the season when the team's playing it's best ball.
I'm just worried that he's fatigued. Given that no one can rest these next several game (4+play-ins), means that he (and Lebron/AD) will not get a chance to rest by the time the playoff series potentially start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 7158

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

AR does look tired but that has not stopped his hustle or his UPTICK in D. This kid will bring it after next week and provide us with CONSISTENT play. I would guess that some will not post here once the playoffs start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32067

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Bad night for Austin to play like absolute dog crap. His turnovers were killing me and killed the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 23788

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:48 am    Post subject:

https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1779361461535727626?s=46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 12228
Location: The Two One Three

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:40 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1779361461535727626?s=46


My takeaway - Presti is a muthafking G.

Bested West on SGA.

Sam Presti has to be one of your more unheralded front office dudes ever. He's like the basketball version of Andrew Friedman.

Big ups to AR for making that list.
_________________
The butter's hard and the eggs are chillin' in the dark.

Kiss my Converse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 902

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:39 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
He's at the very bottom of that list in attempts but it's a list of the guys who attempt the most of these shots. To me the main takeaway is:

1) AR is even more efficient in normal offense

2) He is not a bailout shot guy

As I said before, the latter will haunt us in the playoffs because we lack a bailout shot guy. Sometimes LeBron hits those shots and I get shocked about how nice it is to get some "free points", before remembering how that's a normal thing for most teams. Hachimura is probably our best bad shot taker at this point


I used to see a lot of end of Q balls from mid court from AR, if they count that also worsens his #s (although it makes him appear in the list).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 73072

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Austin for playing in all 82 games this year.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 9108

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1779361461535727626?s=46


My takeaway - Presti is a muthafking G.

Bested West on SGA.

Sam Presti has to be one of your more unheralded front office dudes ever. He's like the basketball version of Andrew Friedman.

Big ups to AR for making that list.


Never won anything nor will anything. Let's give him a trophy for collecting 1st Rd picks tough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 7937

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://x.com/crumpledjumper/status/1779361461535727626?s=46


My takeaway - Presti is a muthafking G.

Bested West on SGA.

Sam Presti has to be one of your more unheralded front office dudes ever. He's like the basketball version of Andrew Friedman.

Big ups to AR for making that list.


Never won anything nor will anything. Let's give him a trophy for collecting 1st Rd picks tough


How is it his fault ownership can't afford to keep multiple all stars together? Weird take. He gets great talent, not his checkbook when it is time to pay 3 or 4 all stars
_________________
Previously LBJ23
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 39542

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:32 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Congrats to Austin for playing in all 82 games this year.


The anti-load manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Jul 2015
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 am    Post subject:

This is the player thread you go to where you get some peace and a sanctuary away from unabashed hatred of a Laker player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178
Page 178 of 178
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB