JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
Who's starting tonight?

Should be Glasnow’s turn.

Bullpen game

You’re right:

Quote:
Lamet gives the Dodgers a fresh arm, and one that is built up to pitch three innings if needed. They will need it during this series because the Dodgers are opting for a bullpen game on Tuesday, the eighth game of the season (and just the sixth since domestic opening day) to give the starting pitchers an extra day of rest.

Tyler Glasnow and Bobby Miller each pitched six innings in their first start of the homestand, and would have pitched on four days rest to finish out the series against the Giants had the Dodgers not opted for a bullpen game to push everyone back.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject:

Anyone know how long Walker will be in OKC?
I'm hoping to go next weekend if he's pitching.

---George Carlin
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
Who's starting tonight?

Bullpen game

I suppose when a team has so many starting pitchers on the mend, they get a wee bit more cautious with those remaining.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
Anyone know how long Walker will be in OKC?
I'm hoping to go next weekend if he's pitching.

At min 30 days but chances r they will extend him for another 30 day rehab assignment after that.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
Who's starting tonight?

Bullpen game

I suppose when a team has so many starting pitchers on the mend, they get a wee bit more cautious with those remaining.

So I’m assuming we are going with a 6 man rotation starting now. Get everyone used to it in preparation for next year. And obviously there will be injuries but by mid year we will have:

Glasnow
Yama
Bobby
Kersh
Walker
Paxton
Stone
Sheehan?

Who else could be coming back? May?

That’s a lot of starters. I wonder what the plan is.

Next year Ohtani replaces Paxton. I doubt we keep Walker. But Gonsolin also comes back.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ribeye wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
Who's starting tonight?

Bullpen game

So I’m assuming we are going with a 6 man rotation starting now. Get everyone used to it in preparation for next year. And obviously there will be injuries but by mid year we will have:

Glasnow
Yama
Bobby
Kersh
Walker
Paxton
Stone
Sheehan?

Who else could be coming back? May?

That’s a lot of starters. I wonder what the plan is.

Next year Ohtani replaces Paxton. I doubt we keep Walker. But Gonsolin also comes back.

I have two words for you: Roki Sasaki.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject:

The Yankees have signed Phil Bickford to a minor league deal. Bickford, Gonzalez, Ferguson...they are really trying to tap into the Dodgers, aren't they? They have Clayton Beeter too, of course, though I think he was just sent down.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Dodgers acquired LHP Nick Ramirez from the New York Yankees for cash considerations. In order to make room on the 40-man roster, the Dodgers transferred RHP Brusdar Graterol to the 60-day injured list.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, you have to wonder if Graterol had a setback. I didn't think he was looking at a 2-month absence. If it's out of an abundance of caution, I'm totally OK with that, as we have no reason to risk anything. We just need to save our best potential bullets for the postseason.

I also heard on the radio tonight that Buehler is likely going to make 4-5 more rehab starts. I don't think he will have another 30 days in the minors after that. I think he is going to be in the rotation, if all goes well, by May.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject:

Since I called them out, the Angels have won 3 straight and are up 6-2 in the 5th at Miami today. Miami, by the way, is in danger of dropping to 0-7. This in the wake of making the postseason last year and then asking the first-ever female GM in history, Kim Ng, to accept a demotion. Perhaps Miami will suck this year as karma.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers Add Former First-Round Outfielder Amid Jason Heyward Injury: Report

The Los Angeles Dodgers have claimed outfielder Taylor Trammell off waivers. Trammell was designated for assignment by the Seattle Mariners after not making the Opening Day roster.

To make room on the 40-man roster, the Dodgers have released left-handed pitcher Matt Gage.

Trammell, 26, was drafted in the first round of the 2016 MLB Draft by the Cincinnati Reds.

He was traded to the San Diego Padres in a three-team trade that moved Trevor Bauer to the Reds and also moved former Dodger Yasiel Puig to Cleveland.

Then, a year later, he was traded again, this time to Seattle in a seven-player trade in which the Padres acquired Austin Nola.

Trammell made his debut in 2021 with the Mariners, and appeared in 51 games, slashing .160/.256/.359 with eight home runs and 18 RBIs.

It hasn’t gotten any better for him, as he’s appeared in 116 games in his career, slashing .168/.270/.368 with 15 home runs and 29 runs batted in.

Trammell hasn’t been able to put it all together at the big league level, but the Dodgers are taking a chance on him early in the 2024 season.

With Heyward ailing, the team is adding a left-handed outfielder with tons of potential.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject:

^
Yep, basically a flier here. I guess they figure they can try him as a lefty outfielder starter for a few games, if necessary, instead of, say, calling up Pages before his free agency could be delayed for another year.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Yep, basically a flier here. I guess they figure they can try him as a lefty outfielder starter for a few games, if necessary, instead of, say, calling up Pages before his free agency could be delayed for another year.

A career .168 hitter in 304 AB? This guy has already proven what he is - a stiff.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

A career .168 hitter in 304 AB? This guy has already proven what he is - a stiff.

Most likely. But he's still young, and the Dodgers have turned guys around before. Max Muncy and Justin Turner come to mind. Nothing wrong with a flier here. It's not like it's costing us anything.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Most likely. But he's still young, and the Dodgers have turned guys around before. Max Muncy and Justin Turner come to mind. Nothing wrong with a flier here. It's not like it's costing us anything.

Yup. Dude was a top prospect. The tools are there.

Quote:
Once one of the top prospects in baseball, he was acquired by Seattle in a 2020 deal with the San Diego Padres.

Though he showed flashes in Seattle, he was never able to put it together consistently. He'll now try to resurrect his career with a Dodgers team that has had plenty of success developing players who have started slow in their career. They've turned Max Muncy and Chris Taylor into excellent players and also have helped Jason Heyward find another act in his career.

The 26-year-old Trammell is a lifetime .168 hitter at the Major League level, having made his Major League debut in 2021. He's hit 15 career home runs, including eight in his rookie season. He offers good defense and solid speed as well.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers make it official with Heyward and Trammell, although I think it's a 10-Day IL now and Vassegh just wrote that wrong...

David Vassegh
@THEREAL_DV
·
5m
#Dodgers have placed Jason Heyward on 15 Day IL with lower back injury. Taylor Trammell will be active tonight.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Lux sitting against a lefty again tonight. All of Kike/Taylor/Rojas in there, so Outman is out of there, too. It probably doesn't help that Lux is off to a .200/.259/.240 start and that Outman is off to a .120/.267/.120 start, of course.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Lux sitting against a lefty again tonight. All of Kike/Taylor/Rojas in there, so Outman is out of there, too. It probably doesn't help that Lux is off to a .200/.259/.240 start and that Outman is off to a .120/.267/.120 start, of course.

Yeah, Roberts might say it’s not a strict platoon, but it’s been pretty strict early.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Ohtani is off the schneid! Rips a 430-foot bomb to right-center and we're up 5-3 heading to the 8th.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Hudson gave up a monstrous homer to Soler in the 8th, but we held on for the 5-4 win. I must say, I did not have Dinelson Lamet getting a save this year on my bingo card!
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:00 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Hudson gave up a monstrous homer to Soler in the 8th, but we held on for the 5-4 win. I must say, I did not have Dinelson Lamet getting a save this year on my bingo card!

That was a crazy sequence. Ohtani bomb - Soler tops it and then Lamet shuts things down. Great game. I’m actually happy about the day off..I need it and so does my family
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

That was a crazy sequence. Ohtani bomb - Soler tops it and then Lamet shuts things down. Great game. I’m actually happy about the day off..I need it and so does my family

Same but no lakers and dodgers today. Kinda got use to following both games lol.

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 94 of 110
Jump to: