The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2079, 2080, 2081 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Robblake wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LeGod!! This is the Lebron that we've won the championship with. Looks like he's playoff ready. Let's hope this supporting cast won't let him down. I know Denver might be hard to beat but if we get this Bron and everyone shows up, it's anybody's series imo.

We played Denver really tight last year. If everyone on the team would just want it more than them, then we could get it. It's just sheer willpower.

It honestly is just willpower vs the nuggets and getting the money off their back. They can shoot and compete with anyone when they’re on.

Dive for every loose ball. Hustle after every rebound. Those things could mean the difference between winning and losing in a tight game, which we have always done against the Thuggets. We just have to want it more than them. Leave it all on the floor.

Nuggets have like a mental edge against us for winning 8 in a row so we'd have to shake that off too.

I completely believe in playoff LeBron and playoff AD, both of whom have shown over and over again that they will rise to the occasion. And judging by Rui's two postseason runs and Austin's one postseason run, they will both be ready for the moment as well. I am worried about DeAngelo, who has been poor in the playoffs, but I also want to believe that he's turned the corner in his career much like Chauncey Billups did around this point in his career.

But against Denver, the margin for error is so small. They have the best player in the world, a guard that pairs perfectly with him, and the almost unfair home court advantage of playing in altitude. And that's where the Lakers' biggest flaws may be exposed: lack of adequate team size (particularly backup center), lack of players that can positively impact both the offense and the defense, and Darvin Ham. The Nuggets are just too good for Ham to trot out one of his patented three (or even four these days) guard lineups where a sub 6-5 guard is trying to close out to Michael Porter Jr. while Taureen Prince gets manhandled by Aaron Gordon for offensive rebounds and lobs. I'm pessimistic that Darvin Ham has the coaching ability to overcome some roster flaws/limitations and beat the defending champs four times in seven games.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Robblake wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LeGod!! This is the Lebron that we've won the championship with. Looks like he's playoff ready. Let's hope this supporting cast won't let him down. I know Denver might be hard to beat but if we get this Bron and everyone shows up, it's anybody's series imo.

We played Denver really tight last year. If everyone on the team would just want it more than them, then we could get it. It's just sheer willpower.

It honestly is just willpower vs the nuggets and getting the money off their back. They can shoot and compete with anyone when they’re on.

Dive for every loose ball. Hustle after every rebound. Those things could mean the difference between winning and losing in a tight game, which we have always done against the Thuggets. We just have to want it more than them. Leave it all on the floor.

Nuggets have like a mental edge against us for winning 8 in a row so we'd have to shake that off too.

I completely believe in playoff LeBron and playoff AD, both of whom have shown over and over again that they will rise to the occasion. And judging by Rui's two postseason runs and Austin's one postseason run, they will both be ready for the moment as well. I am worried about DeAngelo, who has been poor in the playoffs, but I also want to believe that he's turned the corner in his career much like Chauncey Billups did around this point in his career.

But against Denver, the margin for error is so small. They have the best player in the world, a guard that pairs perfectly with him, and the almost unfair home court advantage of playing in altitude. And that's where the Lakers' biggest flaws may be exposed: lack of adequate team size (particularly backup center), lack of players that can positively impact both the offense and the defense, and Darvin Ham. The Nuggets are just too good for Ham to trot out one of his patented three (or even four these days) guard lineups where a sub 6-5 guard is trying to close out to Michael Porter Jr. while Taureen Prince gets manhandled by Aaron Gordon for offensive rebounds and lobs. I'm pessimistic that Darvin Ham has the coaching ability to overcome some roster flaws/limitations and beat the defending champs four times in seven games.

Denver has the same recipe as us, they can play inside/outside, great shooters, great defenders, switchable players and they’re big like us. It’s simply who wants it more, can AD outplay Jokic
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Robblake wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

We've played them tight last season in the playoffs with Lebron and DLo having sub-par performances so if we get those two things corrected this year, it might be enough for us to overcome the tight games. Roster-wise, we're just as talented as they are. That's why I've been advocating for rest for Lebron. It might have a huge impact.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Most 30+ pts games in NBA:

1. LeBron James - 672
2. Michael Jordan - 671
3. Wilt Chamberlain - 557

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:31 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:

1. LeBron James - 672
2. Michael Jordan - 671

Took Bron 450+ games to pass MJ there... But that tells you more about style of play.

When Lebron was taking 22+ shots he was averaging over 30ppg... But since he joined Heat/Cavs, he stopped taking 20+ shots per game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Highest true shooting % since the All-Star Break (minimum 200 FGA):

67.5 - LeBron
67.1 - MPJ
65.8 - Giannis
65.8 - Rui Hachimura
65.8 - Paul George
64.9 - Jokic
64.0 - Jarrett Allen
63.3 - Chet
62.6 - AD
62.6 - Zion
61.9 - Giddey

Bron is averaging 27/8/9 over that span💪
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:15 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

67.5 - LeBron
67.1 - MPJ
65.8 - Giannis
65.8 - Rui Hachimura
65.8 - Paul George
64.9 - Jokic
64.0 - Jarrett Allen
63.3 - Chet
62.6 - AD
62.6 - Zion
61.9 - Giddey

look at Rui and AD up there too
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Quote:

67.5 - LeBron
67.1 - MPJ
65.8 - Giannis
65.8 - Rui Hachimura
65.8 - Paul George
64.9 - Jokic
64.0 - Jarrett Allen
63.3 - Chet
62.6 - AD
62.6 - Zion
61.9 - Giddey

look at Rui and AD up there too

3 in the top 10 is wild. A real credit to the offensive scheme that's been installed. Statistically speaking, we haven't seen Laker offense this good in years.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
coldzim wrote:
Quote:

1. LeBron James - 672
2. Michael Jordan - 671

Took Bron 450+ games to pass MJ there... But that tells you more about style of play.

When Lebron was taking 22+ shots he was averaging over 30ppg... But since he joined Heat/Cavs, he stopped taking 20+ shots per game.

Jordan was always a shoot first guy. Early in his career, he was all about volume shooting and high scoring average.
To contrast that style of basketball, Lebron has primarily been seen as a pass first guy who can also dominate as a scorer.
Two totally different styles of basketball players.

That's why I hate the comparisons, especially as GOAT. There are things Jordan did that Lebron has not done and there is even more that Lebron has done that Jordan never touched.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Seems like Bronny staying in College... But transferring out of USC.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1775310911647195317

What does this mean for Lebron's future?

Last edited by miggz23 on Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
coldzim wrote:
Quote:

1. LeBron James - 672
2. Michael Jordan - 671

Jordan was always a shoot first guy. Early in his career, he was all about volume shooting and high scoring average.
To contrast that style of basketball, Lebron has primarily been seen as a pass first guy who can also dominate as a scorer.
Two totally different styles of basketball players.

That's why I hate the comparisons, especially as GOAT. There are things Jordan did that Lebron has not done and there is even more that Lebron has done that Jordan never touched.

Both GOAT for me. MJ the GOAT scorer, while Bron the GOAT all around player.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Robblake wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

health is the #1 enemy. I still think they can win a ring as long as lebron and ad are healthy, but that is a tought task.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James averaged 27.8 points, 10.0 assists and 9.5 rebounds in 4 games versus the Nuggets in the 2023 Western Conference Finals.

This was a limping Lebron and not healthy the whole playoffs. What more he will do now. That's why Malone is doing what he can to avoid the Lakers, he knew what Lebron is capable of in the playoffs when healthy.

But unlike like last year, DLo should show up, and ham should figure out how AD will remain inside the paint and not be pull out in the perimeter.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Seems like Bronny staying in College... But transferring out of USC.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1775310911647195317

What does this mean for Lebron's future?

My guess is he goes to a WCC school. Pepperdine? LMU? Plus its a lower visibility which means far less pressure and he gets to stay in LA.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:49 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LeBron James averaged 27.8 points, 10.0 assists and 9.5 rebounds in 4 games versus the Nuggets in the 2023 Western Conference Finals.

This was a limping Lebron and not healthy the whole playoffs. What more he will do now. That's why Malone is doing what he can to avoid the Lakers, he knew what Lebron is capable of in the playoffs when healthy.

But unlike like last year, DLo should show up, and ham should figure out how AD will remain inside the paint and not be pull out in the perimeter.

I doubt Malone and the Nuggets, sitting atop the conference really care about the 9th place Lakers, who are in a dogfight to even make the playoffs.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
leking006 wrote:

I doubt Malone and the Nuggets, sitting atop the conference really care about the 9th place Lakers, who are in a dogfight to even make the playoffs.

we dont really know what going on in his head, he know what Lebron is capable of in the playoffs. he average almost a 30 point trip dub against them with handicap. And bron is living in head even after a ring.

just like the flippers on some of the guys in here, many here still afraid of them even if they dont win a sh!t.

he also know that Lebron is out to get him because of his trashtalk after they win a ring.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:45 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
leking006 wrote:

we dont really know what going on in his head, he know what Lebron is capable of in the playoffs. he average almost a 30 point trip dub against them with handicap. And bron is living in head even after a ring.

just like the flippers on some of the guys in here, many here still afraid of them even if they dont win a sh!t.

he also know that Lebron is out to get him because of his trashtalk after they win a ring.

So we have Bron and what else? Want me to list what Denver has? Basketball is 5-on-5. If it's one-on-one, then Bron/Lakers would be favored.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:13 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
leking006 wrote:

So we have Bron and what else? Want me to list what Denver has? Basketball is 5-on-5. If it's one-on-one, then Bron/Lakers would be favored.

lol Lakers have 5 starters who can score at least 20 points if given a chance. Stop being pessimistic. 🤣🤣🤣

their only problem is the coach. But this team is tough. even better than the Lakers last year who reached thr WCF.

they have Vando, SD, Gabe Vincent, TP off thr bench. Lakers when lock-in in the playoffs and AD and Bron healthy will be tough to beat in a 7 game series.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:14 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Of course. But you didn't say that. You started off by saying that Malone is doing somethinig (what exactly) to avoid the Lakers.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:03 am    Post subject:

the difference of Bron vs the past 3 years is you can see Bron is not yet tired or banged up at this point in the reg season unlike the past 3 seasons where you can see that he is already exhausted before the all star break. He is actually not yet in his 3rd gear, he will go all out in the postseason and that is wherr other teams should be afraid.

last time I saw him not exhausted before the playoffs was in the bubble.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:19 am    Post subject:

look at Lebron here, the only thing he could do here is to post up and shoot a jumper. Clearly he was not healthy, yet he still averaged amost a trip dub, its a different story this season.

And no one will argue that he is having a good season this year compare to last year.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:32 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

Malone trying to avoid Lebron is a hilarious take.

I see the annual fan delusion has kicked in after Lebron strings together a few good games vs garbage teams.

The league has changed. Guys like Brunson are dropping 60. Booker just dropped 50 again, and these 2 aren’t even top 10 in the league.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has been going to the basket a lot more recently,sign of health
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LeBron playing at a high level gives me confidence heading into the play in
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Since going 9/10 from 3 against the Nets…

Lebron has only taken 2 3s last 2 games…
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2079, 2080, 2081 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 2080 of 2086
Jump to: