THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3664, 3665, 3666 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:
BREAKING: RFK Jr., just now on CNN, says Biden is a worse threat to democracy than Trump.

He exists only to help Trump win.

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1774943068476579985?t=e1Ml5bDbSqiisLoj6TklWQ&s=19

This totally sums up the far left; they have circumnavigated the the political spectrum and ended up in the cesspool at the bottom of the circle with the far right.

Extremists always end up huddled together in the same boat; even if they think they are in opposition.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:
BREAKING: RFK Jr., just now on CNN, says Biden is a worse threat to democracy than Trump.

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1774943068476579985?t=e1Ml5bDbSqiisLoj6TklWQ&s=19

This totally sums up the far left; they have circumnavigated the the political spectrum and ended up in the cesspool at the bottom of the circle with the far right.

Extremists always end up huddled together in the same boat; even if they think they are in opposition.

RFK is a scam artist. Like Tulsi Gabbard was.
Not a representative for the far left at all.

He's anti-vaccine, been all over the place on women's reproductive rights, and is buddies with Tucker Carlson.

Quote:
A significant sign of Kennedy’s shift came when his campaign manager, Dennis Kucinich, a stalwart progressive, abruptly departed his role just days after the candidate announced his independent bid during a speech in Philadelphia.

He's a charlatan. Willing to say or do whatever to advance himself.

When he writes a book and joins Fox News. I won't be surprised. Just like I wasn't with Tulsi.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:

But he is.

You may not realize it, but RFK Jr., Bill Maher, Joe Rogan and the like all view themselves as "free thinking leftists" and are exemplary of the far left; because they are far from alone in that realm of those that think similarly. The left is full of whack jobs that think that "average" liberals haven't gone "progressive" enough and that those people are a threat to democracy for not doing so; which is exactly what RFK planting his flag on. It's why idiots on the left vote against their own best interests in order to cast "protest" votes. It's why people who say they are Democrats puppet Rightwing nonsense because they don't think Dems are being "progressive" enough.

As I said, the political spectrum is not a flat line where the two extremes get further and further apart exponentially. There comes a point where the line bends back around on itself and meets at the bottom of the circle that is formed as a result. That's where the extremists meet, no matter where they think they lie on that not existent line.

There are others who truly understand what being left actually means, and that is hanging on to the side of that circle without falling into the abyss.

We like to think that fascism only exists one the other "side", but it exists on our side too, it's just dropped off the side to the bottom.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:

But he is.

You may not realize it, but RFK Jr., Bill Maher, Joe Rogan and the like all view themselves as "free thinking leftists" and are exemplary of the far left; because they are far from alone in that realm of those that think similarly. The left is full of whack jobs that think that "average" liberals haven't gone "progressive" enough and that those people are a threat to democracy for not doing so; which is exactly what RFK planting his flag on. It's why idiots on the left vote against their own best interests in order to cast "protest" votes. It's why people who say they are Democrats puppet Rightwing nonsense because they don't think Dems are being "progressive" enough.

As I said, the political spectrum is not a flat line where the two extremes get further and further apart exponentially. There comes a point where the line bends back around on itself and meets at the bottom of the circle that is formed as a result. That's where the extremists meet, no matter where they think they lie on that not existent line.

There are others who truly understand what being left actually means, and that is hanging on to the side of that circle without falling into the abyss.

We like to think that fascism only exists one the other "side", but it exists on our side too, it's just dropped off the side to the bottom.

While there are people like that, they're not representative of the far-left.

Ideologically, I'm probably considered "far-left" because I'm there with Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. But I voted for Hillary Clinton, even though I've never liked her, because I realized what was at stake and I also realized she would've, at worst, been an OK president.

While I'm frustrated about moderate and corporatist Dems, they're not a threat to democracy. They're more like the would-be good guys who are too soft to put up any resistance to people like Trump, who are the real threats to democracy.

They are plenty of people like me on the social democratic left who are willing to play team ball and vote for corporatists like Clinton and Biden. We just have to convince the others that Biden is (much) better than the alternative and that a Trump presidency would be disastrous for the people of Gaza, something which these particular leftists are suddenly obsessed with even though they don't have a single drop of Arab blood in them.

It's also important to remember that, as I discovered a couple of years ago, Joe Rogan isn't left-wing. He has some progressive views, but he doesn't have enough to be in our area of the political spectrum.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
Wow.

Quote:

But he is.

Bill Maher is a proud "liberal" not a "woke" far-lefty.

Joe Rogan said "the left, left him"

And if you look at RFK Jr.'s platform. He's not far left.

But sure, there are people on the extremes that have alot in common. I don't know where Libertarians and tankies fit on your circle.

TBH, its the Manchin's, Sinema's, Joe Lieberman's, Trump-Biden voters that concern me far more. The one's that pride themselves on being moderate, no matter how unequal both sides are.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject:

If this doesn't turnout Democratic voters, especially women, I don't know what will. And if you're a Republican woman or Independent woman in Florida and need an abortion, what are you going to do now?

Washington Post: ‘No help here’: Florida abortion ruling leaves women with few options; The law allowed to go into effect by Florida’s Supreme Court will affect more people seeking abortions in the first trimester than any other ban to date

Quote:
More than 80,000 women get an abortion in Florida in a typical year — accounting for about 1 in 12 abortions in the country.

Now, most of those women will need to find somewhere else to go.

The new law will affect more women seeking abortions in the first trimester than any other single abortion ban to date, upending an already precarious new landscape for abortion access that has developed in the wake of the June 2022 U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

The Florida justices issued a separate ruling Monday that greenlighted an initiative to put abortion on the ballot in November.

But even if voters decide to establish a constitutional right to abortion, thousands of women will have to reckon with unwanted pregnancies in the eight months between May 1, when the new ban will take effect, and next January, when such an amendment could be added to the constitution.

Anya Cook, who nearly died after she was denied an abortion under Florida’s existing 15-week ban in 2022, had a message Monday for women in the Sunshine State who now encounter pregnancy complications after the six-week mark.

“Run,” she said. “Run, because you have no help here.”
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject:

Meanwhile in Texas:

Washington Post: Texas woman charged with murder after having abortion sues county, DA

Quote:
A woman who spent three days in a Texas jail in 2022 after a murder charge was wrongly brought against her for what officials described as a “self-induced abortion” is suing the county and its top prosecutors.

Lizelle Gonzalez, then 26, had gone to a hospital in early 2022 after taking an abortion pill while 19 weeks pregnant. The next day, when no fetal heartbeat was detected, she underwent a Caesarean section to deliver, according to a new lawsuit filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.

Texas law at the time banned abortions after six weeks and allowed anyone to sue a person for performing or helping someone get the procedure. But state law also exempts women from facing criminal charges for aborting pregnancies.

Still, in a move that drove intense national attention to the remote Starr County, District Attorney Gocha Ramirez (D) in April 2022 charged Gonzalez with murder. Ramirez decided to drop the charge three days later and has since faced disciplinary action, but the case “forever changed” Gonzalez’s life, her court filing states, noting that her mug shot surfaced online within hours of her arrest.

The lawsuit accuses Starr County, Ramirez and Alexandria Barrera, an assistant district attorney, of providing “false information and recklessly misrepresented facts” to pursue the murder charge.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
House Republicans want to rename Dulles after Trump

A group of House Republicans want to rename Washington Dulles International Airport after former President Trump.

“In my lifetime, our nation has never been greater than under the leadership of President Donald J. Trump,” Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pa.), the sponsor of a bill introduced Friday to name the Virginia airport the “Donald J. Trump International Airport,” said in a news release.

[...]

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), whose district partially includes Dulles, criticized the bill in a Tuesday post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

“Donald Trump is facing 91 felony charges,” Connolly pointed out in his post. “If Republicans want to name something after him, I’d suggest they find a federal prison.”

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/4569901-house-republicans-rename-dulles-trump/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

A group of House Republicans want to rename Washington Dulles International Airport after former President Trump.

In my lifetime, our nation has never been greater than under the leadership of President Donald J. Trump,” Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pa.), the sponsor of a bill introduced Friday to name the Virginia airport the “Donald J. Trump International Airport,” said in a news release.

[...]

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), whose district partially includes Dulles, criticized the bill in a Tuesday post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

“Donald Trump is facing 91 felony charges,” Connolly pointed out in his post. “If Republicans want to name something after him, I’d suggest they find a federal prison.”

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/4569901-house-republicans-rename-dulles-trump/

Tell me you're insane without telling me you are insane . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

“In my lifetime, our nation has never been greater than under the leadership of President Donald J. Trump,” Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pa.), the sponsor of a bill introduced Friday to name the Virginia airport the “Donald J. Trump International Airport,” said in a news release.

[...]

CLASSIC!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Time to investigate his funding sources

It is, but it's beyond pointless to do so at this point; nothing will come of it. Few people in a position to hold him and his accomplices accountable really care about doing so, and those in that tiny minority will only be shutdown by the rest.

It's time to stop expecting the system to what it should and just do what we can: vote and work towards making like minded people to do the same in the regions that actually make a difference.

To stop expecting the system to do what it should do IMO is adopting a defeatist attitude. We have tools such as writing our representatives with our concerns and ask them to work on repairing the system. It won't happen over night if at all but that's better than sitting idlely by and doing nothing. Doing nothing will get nothing done. Doing what we can, voting, and working toward getting others to do the same is a step in the right direction and doing something.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Meanwhile in Texas:

Washington Post: Texas woman charged with murder after having abortion sues county, DA

Quote:
A woman who spent three days in a Texas jail in 2022 after a murder charge was wrongly brought against her for what officials described as a “self-induced abortion” is suing the county and its top prosecutors.

Lizelle Gonzalez
, then 26, had gone to a hospital in early 2022 after taking an abortion pill while 19 weeks pregnant. The next day, when no fetal heartbeat was detected, she underwent a Caesarean section to deliver, according to a new lawsuit filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
[/b]
Texas law at the time banned abortions after six weeks and allowed anyone to sue a person for performing or helping someone get the procedure. But state law also exempts women from facing criminal charges for aborting pregnancies.

Still, in a move that drove intense national attention to the remote Starr County, District Attorney Gocha Ramirez (D) in April 2022 charged Gonzalez with murder. Ramirez decided to drop the charge three days later and has since faced disciplinary action, but the case “forever changed” Gonzalez’s life, her court filing states, noting that her mug shot surfaced online within hours of her arrest.

The lawsuit accuses Starr County, Ramirez and Alexandria Barrera, an assistant district attorney, of providing “false information and recklessly misrepresented facts” to pursue the murder charge.

Not changing your post. I thought a face would give it a personality.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

[...]

I'd recommend to those GOP folks to buy DJT stock with all their life savings because it's gonna do great.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Sounds about right. Everyone who supports him ends up getting screwed.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sues-truth-social-co-003924976.html
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:25 am    Post subject:

If anybody from the Squad said this about Gaza.
They'd definitely get punished.
But damn, what Joe was saying about S. Africa back then is very applicable now.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:06 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Holy (bleep) Joe Biden sounds like Seinfeld or something, literally unrecognizable to me
That was actually a banger speech jeez
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“Timothy Mellon, the biggest donor to @RobertKennedyJr’s Super PAC, is also the biggest donor to Trump’s. It seems unlikely that spoiling Trump’s candidacy would be his priority.

https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1775183745508630763?t=DetSXzqyebmwY0YszoJ0eA&s=19
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Holy (bleep) Joe Biden sounds like Seinfeld or something, literally unrecognizable to me

Look how sharp he is here, damn. And this is why he was seen as such an authority on foreign policy, and why he was such a smart choice as VP for Obama at the time. And I don't mean to diminish Biden's intelligence or foreign policy knowledge now. He's just not this sharp now, and hey, that's to be expected at his age. But wow, this is illuminating for some who may not be aware of just what he was like decades ago.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Look how sharp he is here, damn. And this is why he was seen as such an authority on foreign policy, and why he was such a smart choice as VP for Obama at the time. And I don't mean to diminish Biden's intelligence or foreign policy knowledge now. He's just not this sharp now, and hey, that's to be expected at his age. But wow, this is illuminating for some who may not be aware of just what he was like decades ago.

For what it's worth, other politicians and journalists who have been in policy meetings with him NOW say he is just as sharp and just as quick. Maybe that doesn't translate on camera, but his mind and grasp of facts and details is just as sharp as ever. Yes people age, and their voice changes and their stamina ebbs. But Biden's mind is still all there. Let me know if you need links.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
“Timothy Mellon, the biggest donor to @RobertKennedyJr’s Super PAC, is also the biggest donor to Trump’s. It seems unlikely that spoiling Trump’s candidacy would be his priority.

https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1775183745508630763?t=DetSXzqyebmwY0YszoJ0eA&s=19

To the surprise of nobody
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Meet the ‘subprime auto king’ who arranged Trump’s $175 million bond

After weeks of uncertainty, former President Trump posted a $175 million bond in his New York civil fraud case Monday with the help of little-known California billionaire Don Hankey.

Hankey’s Knight Specialty Insurance Co. underwrote Trump’s bond, allowing the former president to move forward with his appeal of the case and preventing New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) from seizing his properties.

Hankey did not respond to a request for comment.

The billionaire, known as the “subprime auto king” in Los Angeles, made his fortune financing high-interest auto loans for customers with poor credit.

[...]

Hankey, who acknowledged that he has voted for and donated to Trump in the past, emphasized to The Washington Post that his decision to underwrite the bond was not political.

“I’m chairman of the board of several companies, and we just carry on our business and we try to stay away from political issues or taking sides,” he told the Post, adding, “I will support him in the future, but I wouldn’t consider myself a major supporter.”

Hankey has had previous financial ties to the former president via his stake in Axos Bank, which provided $225 million in loans to Trump’s businesses as other lenders cut ties in the wake of the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to the Post.

https://thehill.com/business/4572565-meet-the-subprime-auto-king-who-arranged-trumps-175-million-bond/
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Why can't Jack Smith get Judge MAGA Cannon removed from the Florida documents case?
She is obviously and blatantly a MAGA-Tard, how does the world not see this?
Why is Jack Smith so hamstrung that it has taken 10 months of delays and he still hasn't been able to move on anything?
Why can't Jack Smith take this to the Supreme Court?
WTF?

You all realize, like with all the Trump cases, they are going away after the election if there is a chance he wins, right?

It is crazy that someone can be so above the law.

Is there anyone on Jack Smith's side with any type of authority? Garland doesn't have any, obviously.

Crazy how Judge Cannon is so MAGA.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Rogan is really trying to get people to vote for RFK Jr.
He really is raking in that $. Pretending to not be a conservative or a Republican. But 99.9% of the time, just somehow supporting things that benefit conservatives and Republicans.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
tox wrote:
kikanga wrote:

For what it's worth, other politicians and journalists who have been in policy meetings with him NOW say he is just as sharp and just as quick. Maybe that doesn't translate on camera, but his mind and grasp of facts and details is just as sharp as ever. Yes people age, and their voice changes and their stamina ebbs. But Biden's mind is still all there. Let me know if you need links.

Obama, like Biden, also started sounding more calm and cautious after he became president. It's sad that people get fooled by 10-second sound bites and Fox News talking heads pretending to be neurologists when it comes to Biden, and that includes some on the left.

In just the last several months, a good friend and one of my cousins, both of whom are left-wing, told me that Biden is senile, and that cousin even accused him of having Alzeimers. I wish they would watch those clips of Trump showing clear symptoms of dementia and the docs who have said publicly that Trump is showing clear flags of dementia.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Obama, like Biden, also started sounding more calm and cautious after he became president. It's sad that people get fooled by 10-second sound bites and Fox News talking heads pretending to be neurologists when it comes to Biden, and that includes some on the left.

In just the last several months, a good friend and one of my cousins, both of whom are left-wing, told me that Biden is senile, and that cousin even accused him of having Alzeimers. I wish they would watch those clips of Trump showing clear symptoms of dementia and the docs who have said publicly that Trump is showing clear flags of dementia.

He's the same guy he was in the 1st 2019 Democratic Primary debate. I haven't seen any decline since then.

So it is strange to me that NOW people are keying in on his public speaking ability.

I think people's "concerns" will go away after he spends some more money on some well made political ads between now and November.

Like CL said. Everyone close to the White House decision making process rant and rave about his competency. And Biden's team will make sure the general public sees more and more of that between now and November.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3664, 3665, 3666 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 3665 of 3672
Jump to: