SPENCER DINWIDDIE #26 is Officially a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Way way WAY too passive against Brooklyn. Wasn't looking to shoot a lot of the time, making an extra pass even though he was wide open, often getting the ball back because he should have taken the shot the first time. Or would give up the open shot and try to drive, or give up the drive to try to pass and it often was a turnover or miss.

Dinwiddie is at his best when he's not overthinking and just being aggressive offensively. He's done it for the past few games, but against Brooklyn he was back to playing like he didn't know what he was meant to be doing on offense or whether to be aggressive or not.

Aggression should be the constant. Regardless of anything else.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:31 am    Post subject:

I feel like every time he shoots, it's not going to go in. In the Brooklyn game it seemed he also felt the same. Not good.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:43 am    Post subject:

I gotta say his defense is at least good. Needs to make those wide open shots but his defense has been consistent at least.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Way way WAY too passive against Brooklyn. Wasn't looking to shoot a lot of the time, making an extra pass even though he was wide open, often getting the ball back because he should have taken the shot the first time. Or would give up the open shot and try to drive, or give up the drive to try to pass and it often was a turnover or miss.

Dinwiddie is at his best when he's not overthinking and just being aggressive offensively. He's done it for the past few games, but against Brooklyn he was back to playing like he didn't know what he was meant to be doing on offense or whether to be aggressive or not.

Stop giving this guy excuses. He was released by other NBA teams for a reason. He sucks hey lakers fan don’t worry he will be in next yer on a vet minimum.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
MJST wrote:

Stop giving this guy excuse

Stating what a player did wrong and then saying how they need to approach the game to find success is apparently "excuses", because you refuse to be reactionary and act like they're some incapable scrub apparently.

If Dinwiddie was incapable, we would have lost when he had to start and had to be aggressive. Be aware that don't have to panic off every single bad performance. Especially when they're things that are easily fixable and they have already shown capable of doing.

Ham for all his flaws was right when he pointed out that some guys didn't seem like they were in a ready to shoot mentality(despite being open) and he was correct.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dinwiddie
Reaves
LeBron
Rui
AD

This has been the Lakers best lineup by a WIDE margin over the last 2 months and they just proved why again

CLE scored only *8* points in the final 8 minutes of this game

Glad Dinwiddie is doing well on defense. Hopefully Gabe can produce the same. They just don't seem to mesh well when both on floor together.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Dinwiddie
Reaves
LeBron
Rui
AD

This has been the Lakers best lineup by a WIDE margin over the last 2 months and they just proved why again

Glad Dinwiddie is doing well on defense. Hopefully Gabe can produce the same. They just don't seem to mesh well when both on floor together.

Yes Dinwiddle defense I think has been a difference maker and a surprise

Do you think his defense is good enough to guard Murray.. who has been a thorn when he plays the Lakers
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Dinwiddie
Reaves
LeBron
Rui
AD

Yes Dinwiddle defense I think has been a difference maker and a surprise

Do you think his defense is good enough to guard Murray.. who has been a thorn when he plays the Lakers

If lakers play Denver and dinwiddie can lock up Murray he will forever be a laker legend In my book

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Spencer is a dog.......Ill never forget his Game 7 vs Phoenix when he was with Dallas when he came out guns blazing and was a big reason Dallas got off to a fast start. Especially when he is with Gabe, he needs to realize he needs to be offensively aggressive for that pairing to not be a net negative
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject:

[quote="lar9149"][quote="Lakersfan1211"][quote]

Dinwiddie
Reaves
LeBron
Rui
AD

This has been the Lakers best lineup by a WIDE margin over the last 2 months and they just proved why again…”
<End quote>

It was just reported a couple games ago that AR/Din had +7ish net rating but Dlo/Din had >+20. AR/Din line up isn’t even the best line up let alone by a wide margin. Dlo/Din is best BY A WIDE MARGIN. We may not appreciate Dlo until he’s gone. How was he the team’s leading scorer today with 28pts yet a 6pt scorer and a 7pt scorer got more props?

Btw today vs Cavs
Dlo/Din = +32
AR/Din = +5

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Spencer is a dog.......Ill never forget his Game 7 vs Phoenix when he was with Dallas when he came out guns blazing and was a big reason Dallas got off to a fast start. Especially when he is with Gabe, he needs to realize he needs to be offensively aggressive for that pairing to not be a net negative

Yeah when Gabe and Spencer are out there together they need to be as offensively aggressive as they are defensively.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Spencer Dinwiddie said he'd love to be a Laker next season if the Lakers are interested in re-signing him.

He noted that the Lakers are a championship-or-bust organization and the big changes are likely coming in the name of building a title-worthy roster.

We might have no choice but to re-sign him if D'Lo walks this summer.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Get the hell outta here
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Maybe for the minimum
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Spencer Dinwiddie said he'd love to be a Laker next season if the Lakers are interested in re-signing him.

He noted that the Lakers are a championship-or-bust organization and the big changes are likely coming in the name of building a title-worthy roster.

We might have no choice but to re-sign him if D'Lo walks this summer.

Have a chance are you kidding this guy I will not put him on my YMcA men league…
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

One of the worst NBA Players I've ever seen...Never want to see that man in purple n gold again.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:05 am    Post subject:

Wasted by Ham.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:15 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Wasted by Ham.

Agreed! Vincent/Dinwiddie/Wood didn’t all three all of a sudden forget how to score, they averaged 15ish-16ish points last year. Some of it has to be wasted by Ham’s schemes. If it’s me I’m trading Vincent for salary matching with picks for an upgrade but I’d keep the other two as 9th/10th rotation guys for vet min. A better backup C and back up G are needed tho.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
MJST wrote:
Wasted by Ham.

Agreed! Vincent/Dinwiddie/Wood didn’t all three all of a sudden forget how to score, they averaged 15ish-16ish points last year. Some of it has to be wasted by Ham’s schemes. If it’s me I’m trading Vincent for salary matching with picks for an upgrade but I’d keep the other two as 9th/10th rotation guys for vet min. A better backup C and back up G are needed tho.

It was waste by Ham giving them the role of "just wait off ball and play defense". and running the 3 guard lineups.

What Ham SHOULD have done, was give Spencer the role of 6th man scorer and allowed both DLO and Reaves to rest, and asked Spencer to go out there and do his thing and score, which he showed he COULD do when he was enabled to do so, which he did whenever DLO was out. We knew what we had in him, Ham refused to utilize it.

Ham tells Dinwiddie "Your role is, whenever I put you in, it's when the other guards are resting, go out there and pressure the defense, score and do your thing." And then after Spencer gets going, when its time to bring back in DLO or Reaves he can run them next to Dinwiddie for a few minutes after.

But this should have been our bench once Gabe was shown to not be ready.

Spencer Dinwiddie
Max Christie
Taurean Prince
Jaxson Hayes

Thats what our bench should have been, with one of AD, LeBron, DLO, or Reaves out there with them.

If Vando and Wood was healthy, they'd be included into that bench, or Rui would be moved to that bench and Vando would be starting. Either way, Spencer should have been the guy to score for our bench. Him being used in such a way that he wasn't scoring at all was one of Ham's biggest mistakes.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

I won’t mind him back, he seemed pretty respectable defensively. But only if Gabe is traded, I don’t think having both works.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I really can't believe the Lakers took SD instead of a center. The Lakers could have won against the nuggets if we have a legit center.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Howard was literally begging for the Lakers FO to sign him after the trade deadline
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dwight Howard was literally begging for the Lakers FO to sign him after the trade deadline

He still is.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He still is.

Awesome find, hopefully he works his magic and the Lakers sign him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23
Jump to: