Dodgers 2024 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Nobody cares how Yamamoto would do in hypothetical matchups against Soto.

It’s interesting the Padres lost Soto, Snell and Hader after they had great years, Manny Machado is struggling, Musgrove has had a horrible start for them so far, Kim is struggling at the plate, and they are around .500, just like they were last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 7462

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
^

It’s Monday. I think that poster is gone. We don’t play the NYY anymore this reg season so unless we meet them in the WS, I don’t expect that poster back in here.

I’m guessing that poster has now moved on to the KC Royals sub-reddit page.

_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'alls neighborhood.


Last edited by eddiejonze on Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11273

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Remember Yamamoto's first start? He coughed up five runs in an inning and I'm sure there were rubes somewhere overreacting.

In his 12 starts since, he's 6-1 with a 2.41 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 71 ip.


Those are great numbers, would love to see how he stacks up against a premier lefty hitter like, say...Soto.


You're just trolling now. Linda already warned you to stop. Final warning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 7462

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Remember Yamamoto's first start? He coughed up five runs in an inning and I'm sure there were rubes somewhere overreacting.

In his 12 starts since, he's 6-1 with a 2.41 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 71 ip.


Those are great numbers, would love to see how he stacks up against a premier lefty hitter like, say...Soto.


You're just trolling now. Linda already warned you to stop. Final warning.

Maybe I was trolling yesterday but with all due respect , I have no idea how this post is trolling...I mentioned a dodger pitcher, in the dodgers thread!
So utterly confused.

_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'alls neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9333

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Any chance dodgers land Soto this winter? He’s only 25 years old, he will be the face of the franchise for the next decade and beyond alongside with Ohtani. The guy loves big market and bright lights, dodgers can provide the same if not more than the Yankees.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 17319
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:26 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Any chance dodgers land Soto this winter? He’s only 25 years old, he will be the face of the franchise for the next decade anns beyond alongside with Ohtani. The guy loves big market and bright lights, dodgers can provide the same if not more than the Yankees.


Yankees ownership is cheaper lately so you never know, but I’d bet money he stays there. That short right porch is amazing for him. 314 feet lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 7462

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:33 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Any chance dodgers land Soto this winter? He’s only 25 years old, he will be the face of the franchise for the next decade anns beyond alongside with Ohtani. The guy loves big market and bright lights, dodgers can provide the same if not more than the Yankees.


Yankees ownership is cheaper lately so you never know, but I’d bet money he stays there. That short right porch is amazing for him. 314 feet lol

So I'm gonna attempt to respond sincerely to a post and lets see if I get accused of trolling:
I'm not sure of much with the Yanks, but I'm pretty damn positive Soto will re-sign with them yes partially due to the short porch, but NYC has a huge Dominican population and I think it makes him feel more at home...Muliple direct flights to the D.R. from JFK.
_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'alls neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 32591
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I would consider the Mets to be the biggest threat to sign Soto away from the Yankees, just because Steve Cohen has, in theory, an unlimited budget, especially if they end up letting Alonso go. Lindor would be their only "star" on a major contract, if that happens. It's going to cost at least $500MM to sign Soto, it's looking like. I know the Dodgers went on a spending spree this past winter, but it's hard for me to see them adding another contract like that, in addition to Ohtani, Yamamoto, Betts, etc. I think we're going hard after Sasaki after the season. Perhaps an attempt to re-sign Teoscar Hernandez. But I think this coming winter will be much more quiet for us, financially speaking, although Sasaki would be arguably an even bigger get than Yamamoto was in terms of star power. (He'd just cost way, way less, of course.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 6253

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I would consider the Mets to be the biggest threat to sign Soto away from the Yankees, just because Steve Cohen has, in theory, an unlimited budget, especially if they end up letting Alonso go. Lindor would be their only "star" on a major contract, if that happens. It's going to cost at least $500MM to sign Soto, it's looking like. I know the Dodgers went on a spending spree this past winter, but it's hard for me to see them adding another contract like that, in addition to Ohtani, Yamamoto, Betts, etc. I think we're going hard after Sasaki after the season. Perhaps an attempt to re-sign Teoscar Hernandez. But I think this coming winter will be much more quiet for us, financially speaking, although Sasaki would be arguably an even bigger get than Yamamoto was in terms of star power. (He'd just cost way, way less, of course.)


Yup I think itll be a battle between the Yankees and Mets. Let’s see if the Yankees can get close to the Mets offer. I mean they have to pony up. There will be a third or fourth team like the Giants/Cubs in on him upping his value but ultimately he stays in New York. Just depends if it’s with the Mets or Yanks. One thing is for sure, Cohen is going to get the Yankees to pony up a lot more than they’d want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 17319
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:59 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Any chance dodgers land Soto this winter? He’s only 25 years old, he will be the face of the franchise for the next decade anns beyond alongside with Ohtani. The guy loves big market and bright lights, dodgers can provide the same if not more than the Yankees.


Yankees ownership is cheaper lately so you never know, but I’d bet money he stays there. That short right porch is amazing for him. 314 feet lol

So I'm gonna attempt to respond sincerely to a post and lets see if I get accused of trolling:
I'm not sure of much with the Yanks, but I'm pretty damn positive Soto will re-sign with them yes partially due to the short porch, but NYC has a huge Dominican population and I think it makes him feel more at home...Muliple direct flights to the D.R. from JFK.


Yeah for that reason too I think he stays in New York. Hal Steinbrenner just has to not lowball him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 16415

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:30 am    Post subject:

^

How does Mets VP David Stearns operate?

When we got Friedman, for the longest time, we never gave out a $100M+ contract to a free agent.

I know Cohen wants to be Dodgers-East so that’s why he got Stearns from the Brewers.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Mets operate now under Stearns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Posts: 4750

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
^

How does Mets VP David Stearns operate?

When we got Friedman, for the longest time, we never gave out a $100M+ contract to a free agent.

I know Cohen wants to be Dodgers-East so that’s why he got Stearns from the Brewers.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Mets operate now under Stearns.


This just reminds me of how teams were trying so hard to be like the early to mid 90s Expos when they did well despite a small budget that was started by Dave Dombrowski and so teams tried hard to hire his successors who helped build the Expos - Dan Duquette and then Kevin Malone (The Sheriff). While Duquette certainly did a decent/good job with the Red Sox, he was no Dombrowski. As for the Sheriff.....the Sheriff would go on to do Sheriff things like picking fights with Padres fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 16415

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mookie Betts assessed the Dodgers’ performance after the series, saying there are still several things the team has to fix — like situational hitting.
Quote:

“We did alright,” Betts said, via Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register. “There’s obviously a lot of things that we have to fix. I mean, situational hitting. I think that’s one of the main things.

Just making sure (we’re) playing the game the right way, doing everything the right way because come postseason time we’re going to have to execute those things. I came up in a couple situations that I need to come through. I don’t know how to work on that, but sometimes you’ve just got to get stuff done.”



Betts always puts up great reg season numbers, no doubt. He just doesn’t get it done like Justin Turner used to in big games/situations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 16415

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mookie Betts works hard—maybe too hard, writes Bill Plunkett at the Orange County Register. Betts is spending more time practicing to make up for his lack of experience at shortstop, but it’s a taxing daily routine that might be doing more harm than good at the plate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 16415

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bobby Miller might make another rehab start in the minors before returning to the Dodgers, according to CBS Sports and MLB.com. Miller most recently threw 85 pitches while averaging around 98 mph on his fastball for Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 16415

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jared Karros strikes out career-high 9

Karros pitched 5 scoreless innings, his eight start of 0 or 1 run in 12 starts this season

On the season, Karros has allowed zero or one run in eight of his 12 starts, and between High-A and Double-A has a 2.72 ERA with a 28.7-percent strikeout rate in 59⅔ innings.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Posts: 4750

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Jared Karros strikes out career-high 9

Karros pitched 5 scoreless innings, his eight start of 0 or 1 run in 12 starts this season

On the season, Karros has allowed zero or one run in eight of his 12 starts, and between High-A and Double-A has a 2.72 ERA with a 28.7-percent strikeout rate in 59⅔ innings.



A real winner if he ends up being the best Karros in the family. Crazy story too since his grandfather was a diehard Brooklyn Dodgers fan, his dad hated the Dodgers and then went on to become the all-time Homerun leader for the team he hated growing up and now the youngest one can star for the Dodgers. Eric Karros was always the guy I wanted hitting in the biggest moments (over even Piazza) even if he typically struggled with breaking ball low and away sliders. Hopefully the younger Karros takes after his father in being a clutch player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Smith!

At first I thought the left fielder caught it. I was preparing myself to be disappointed.

Wow, ball hit the top of the wall, then his glove, then went behind the wall for a home run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Big start for Paxton in my opinion after he just had his worst start. If he has another bad day I’ll be concerned. If he has a good game, it’s still a strong start to the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Gavin Lux heating up? Sure would be nice to see a struggling hitter finally start hitting.

Still think the position needs an upgrade though because his upside doesn’t seem high enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 6253

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Gavin Lux heating up? Sure would be nice to see a struggling hitter finally start hitting.

Still think the position needs an upgrade though because his upside doesn’t seem high enough.


Just came here to say that. Hope he keeps on going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Posts: 4750

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lux is a low upside and production player. Dude doesn't have the power nor can he hit for a high average consistently. I have him pegged exactly for who he is: Mark Lemke. But at least Lemke was uncannily clutch in the playoffs. Lux just sucks. We wanted Phillies Utley but ended up with Lemke in Lux.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:00 pm    Post subject:

This might be the most fun inning I’ve watched this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 13347

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This might be the most fun inning I’ve watched this season.


And after I write that Heyward just destroys the baseball and it’s 4 in one inning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 6253

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
This might be the most fun inning I’ve watched this season.


And after I write that Heyward just destroys the baseball and it’s 4 in one inning.


When he gets ahold of one it’s scary!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 148 of 162
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB