DeMar Derozan: (2021) “I thought Lakers was a Done Deal and I was coming back home”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: DeMar Derozan: (2021) “I thought Lakers was a Done Deal and I was coming back home”

cathy78 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

LOS ANGELES — DeMar DeRozan had multiple conversations with LeBron James in the offseason. His agent, Aaron Goodwin, worked feverishly behind the scenes with the San Antonio Spurs’ front office to get details ironed out on what would have been a sign-and-trade package to send the 13-year free agent veteran to his hometown team, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Isn't that called tampering or something and actually the bigger issue?

They can never enforce the tampering rules, and no team really cares about it. I was talking about it another thread. They'd have to check all the cell phones, and that would be a breach of privacy. We know damn well that they started talking before the official date. He did the same with Bosh and Wade.

See the article here: https://www.deseret.com/2022/8/10/23292867/nba-tampering-rules-are-a-joke-and-everyone-knows-it-james-harden-jalen-brunson-sixers-knicks/

Quote:
“The threat of harsher penalties and random audits doesn’t even make teams flinch,” the source said. “And at this point, if we investigated every possible instance of tampering, the whole league would come to a screeching halt and nothing would ever get done.”

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: DeMar Derozan: (2021) “I thought Lakers was a Done Deal and I was coming back home”

cathy78 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

LOS ANGELES — DeMar DeRozan had multiple conversations with LeBron James in the offseason. His agent, Aaron Goodwin, worked feverishly behind the scenes with the San Antonio Spurs’ front office to get details ironed out on what would have been a sign-and-trade package to send the 13-year free agent veteran to his hometown team, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Isn't that called tampering or something and actually the bigger issue?

The way the rules are written and enforced, players can tamper all they want. The team just can’t directly do it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject:

who cares if teams tamper. it should be allowed. the player, assuming a FA has the power. If a team decides to trade a player they have very little say.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: