General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject:

Benvanidez beat the ish outa Plant. He couldn't knock him out but he really punished him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Plant vs Benavidez

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Plant vs Benavidez March 25th. It should be a good fight. I like Benavidez. I'm glad my IPTV will carry the fight. I wouldn't pay $74.99

Tell me again what's IPTV?

Quote:

Internet Protocol television
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is a system through which tv services are delivered using the internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as a LAN or the internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats.

I use Eminence. You have to use PayPay to subscribe. I get most PPV, NFL, NBA, latest movies and so much more for $25.00 monthly. If you want to prescribe I'll PM you instructions.

Nice, sure, PM me. Let me check it out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject:

Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia Sat 4/22. This is Tank's toughest fight to date. I won't have to pay $84.99. My IPTV will carry it. I like Tank to win.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gervonta Davis vs. Ryan Garcia Sat 4/22. This is Tank's toughest fight to date. I won't have to pay $84.99. My IPTV will carry it. I like Tank to win.

I find this a tough one to predict. I think Tank is rightfully the favourite, but then I also don't doubt Garcia having the speed and power to cause Tank some big problems.

First boxing fight in a while I'm actually excited for, really annoys me about the sport in general that the best guys seldom fight each other.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I find this a tough one to predict. I think Tank is rightfully the favourite, but then I also don't doubt Garcia having the speed and power to cause Tank some big problems.

First boxing fight in a while I'm actually excited for, really annoys me about the sport in general that the best guys seldom fight each other.

I'm with you on both points. I pick Tank to win but Ryan's speed, size, and boxing skills are gonna be a problem for Davis.

Garcia's a natural 140-pounder. When he rehydrates he's going to come in with a huge weight advantage. If he catches Tank will he be able to take the punch?

Since promoters took over the fight game the best fighting the best is rare. The Ray Leonard vs Marvelous Marvin Haggler days is a thing of the past.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Garcia's a natural 140-pounder. When he rehydrates he's going to come in with a huge weight advantage. If he catches Tank will he be able to take the punch?

There is a rehydration clause that will mitigate Garcia's size advantage somewhat (or perhaps even more than expected). My analysis and prediction for the fight is here:

https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2023/04/gervonta-davis-vs-ryan-garcia-prefight.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike Tyson picks Tank to win. Talks about a Terence Crawford - Errol Spence Jr. fight, Tyson Fury and more. LINK

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Here we go guys.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Garcia goes down in the second. I don't think this match is going the distance.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Tank Davis wins with ease.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

Damn, that was fast

Quote:
'This is the fight to save boxing': Inside the making of Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia

ESPN article...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I think Garcia couldn've gotten up. I thought he would. Tank said he thought he was going to get up. Tank took Ryan's heart.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Damn, that was fast

Quote:
'This is the fight to save boxing': Inside the making of Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia

ESPN article...

Garcia looked a bit shook after getting knocked down in the second. Then he started to get aggressive again in the 7th but that body shot was too much for him I guess.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Only saw highlights. I am skeptical of boxing and this didn’t help. I get that body shots are heavy but from what I saw it seemed like he was bowing out. With all due respect of course.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Only saw highlights. I am skeptical of boxing and this didn’t help. I get that body shots are heavy but from what I saw it seemed like he was bowing out. With all due respect of course.

No if he's hit flush in the liver, he's not getting back up period. I've seen it in MMA. That reaction is exactly how it happens every time and I've seen it A LOT. Shot hits..takes a few seconds for the body to register...collapse. Over.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:34 am    Post subject:

Bit disappointing in the end tbh. After the knockdown Ryan seemed unable to work out Tank and what to do.

Not sure there would ne much point in any rematch, or where either man goes from here now.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:49 am    Post subject:

I don't know. Tank didn't sit down on the punch. Maybe he just hit the sweet spot. My skepticism is because Ryan was ready to get up before the count reached 10 and just didn't want to. He didn't stumble or look at all hurt. Looked like he just gave up. Take it full screen. LINK

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:18 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:

No if he's hit flush in the liver, he's not getting back up period. I've seen it in MMA. That reaction is exactly how it happens every time and I've seen it A LOT. Shot hits..takes a few seconds for the body to register...collapse. Over.

This. Liver shot shuts down the body. There's no conspiracy or "quitting" going on here. It's like saying someone should continue to play in a football game after getting concussed mid-game, or they're "quitting."
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:19 am    Post subject:

Tank should fight Haney (who he will beat) and Shakur (who he will lose to) next.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Disagree. He could have taken the 8. He said no. This is a prize fight. This is fundamentally the problem with boxing. Reading about the fight it appears the judges overlooked him being knocked down. Dont know if true though as I didn't watch it live.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Tank should fight Haney (who he will beat) and Shakur (who he will lose to) next.

Shakur Stevenson 20 0 10 wins by KO ain't no joke. That fight ranks with a Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr. as a match that should be. Two fights I don't think we'll see.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject:

Canelo Alvarez vs John Rider.
Sterling vs Cejudo
Both PPV I'm not sure of the times.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Too many things going on tonight.

Lakers Warriors Game 3
Canelo vs Rider
WWE Backlash

Can't decide what to watch tonight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Canelo won a unanimous decision. Ryder has heart. I think he fought most of the fight with a broken nose.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Canelo won a unanimous decision. Ryder has heart. I think he fought most of the fight with a broken nose.

It was a good fight. Ryder does have heart.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 506 of 514
Jump to: