General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 504, 505, 506 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Wilder can dominate all the other HWs and take all the belts from Usyk. He will still be behind Fury who actually beat him three times.

The Gypsy King is the best heavyweight to come along in a while. He's a boxer-puncher with power in both hands. If he puts his mind to it, stays in shape, and trains, he can reign for a while.

Good to see you posting again. Hope everything's OK.

Don't forget his chin. My man did the greatest impersonation of the Undertaker I've ever seen after Wilder hit him with that shot that would have caused instant CTE to anyone else.

Yea, unless he’s looking for a payday, Fury next fights should be nothing but collecting belts. I still wanna see the US-UK Wilder-AJ

If true I don't think Fury is looking for a payday. Tyson Fury's Net Worth is listed at $65 Million

$65 for a heavy weight champ prob on the lower side,
promotional giants like Canelo or MoneyMay or even PacMan can clear that in 1 fight but I agree with you, I don't think he looks for payday, I think only thing now is belts

True he only made $26 million for his fight with Wilder. I'm sure his next fight, if he has one, will pay much more.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

I wonder what kind of shape Vasiliy is in? Has he been training? The fight will be on ESPN+. I hope my IPTV Eminence will have it. Vasiliy, I'm pulling for you and your country.

Ortiz has an impressive record. I don't know what caliber of fighters he's faced.

Jamaine Ortiz
16 0 1
8 KOs 0 KOs

LINK

Quote:
After fighting for his country against Russian aggression, Ukrainian Vasiliy Lomachenko returns to the ring for some unfinished business. The former WBA, WBO, and The Ring lightweight champion will face off against Jamaine Ortiz on October 29.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Lomachenko vs Ortiz 5:35 EST ESPN+ Jake Paul vs Anderson Silva 9:00pm EST PPV

Those fight times may be PST

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

Vasyl Lomachenko had to go the distance. He won a unanimous decision over Jamaine Ortiz. ref: Charlie Fitch Mark Consentino 116-112 Frank Lombardi 117-111 John McKaie 115-113. I agree with McKale's score. It was a close fight. As usual, Vasyl started slow. He didn't open up till mid-fight. Ortiz has a future in the LINK You may have to click the red time line to start at the beginning of the fight.

Nico Ali Walsh, Muhammad Ali's grandson, also had to go the distance. He won a unanimous decision over Billy Wagner a one time bare knucle fighter 58-56 58-56 59-55. Nico has a lot to learn before he moves up in competition. LINK

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Vasyl Lomachenko had to go the distance. He won a unanimous decision over Jamaine Ortiz. ref: Charlie Fitch Mark Consentino 116-112 Frank Lombardi 117-111 John McKaie 115-113. I agree with McKale's score. It was a close fight. As usual, Vasyl started slow. He didn't open up till mid-fight. Ortiz has a future in the LINK You may have to click the red time line to start at the beginning of the fight.

Nico Ali Walsh, Muhammad Ali's grandson, also had to go the distance. He won a unanimous decision over Billy Wagner a one time bare knucle fighter 58-56 58-56 59-55. Nico has a lot to learn before he moves up in competition. LINK

I had a draw. Ortiz is a second tier guy with little power. Loma couldn't do his usual Loma stuff like turning the guy and capitalizing. If he fights Haney, Haney will destroy him with that jab. If he had a problem with Ortiz jab imagine what Haney will do. Also did you see how big Haney was in the ring after the fight? He was huge compared to Loma. Honestly I don't think he makes 135 much longer. Also did you notice there was no talk about Loma being in the Matrix? None. I think he's close to done against the top guys at lightweight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

BIVOL VS. RAMIREZ Nov 5th.

Dmitry Bivol 20 0 0 11 KOs 0 KOs Age 31

Gilberto Ramirez 44 0 0 30 KOs 0 KOs Age 31

Dmitry is a great boxer. He handily defeated Saul Alvarez. Unanimous decision

Ref Russell Mora

Judges Tim Cheatham 115-113 Dave Moretti 115-113 Steve Weisfeld 115-113

I've never seen Ramirez. He has an impressive KO record.

This may be a PPV.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject:

Mayweather vs. Deji Sunday 11/13

Money May is still making money. Love him or hate him, he's living up to his moniker, MONEY MAY.

Floyd fights tomato cans, makes millions, and gives good paydays to fighters who'd never make the money they'll make fighting him. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER LEARN THE GAME.

LINK

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather vs. Deji purse, prize money
Global Titans CEO Uday Singh told Insider that Mayweather could end up making between $25 and $30 million for the fight. Mayweather was paid $1 million just for a phone call discussing the idea of a fight with Deji.

"Floyd is super approachable, and he listens to the promoters and does what's best for business, and that's what I like about him," Singh stated.

Floyd is no longer a fighter, he's an entertainer and businessman and like Schwarzenegger, HE'LL BE BACK!!!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

Watching the preliminaries for the upcoming Mayweather fiasco.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Tommy John, Tyson's brother is a joke. Crowd booing. Jake Paul clowning him. Tommy told him he'd fight him right now. Said get in the ring, Jake asked him to step to him outside the ring. Seems like a promo for a Paul, Tyson fight.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather having fun. He's toying with Deji. Floyd could KO Deji when ever he wants to.

Floyd finally opened up. Referee Kenny Bayless stopped the fight. Floyd was tattooing Deji.

Full fight

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

I think Tyson Fury fights Derek Chisora III today at 2:00 eastern.

I think Juan Francisco Estrada and Chocolatito Gonzalez 5:00pst.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Chisora 33-12, 23 KOs was no match for Fury. Tyson won every round. Derek took a beating, he's a warrior. The fight is outside in 38 degree weather. Tyson put his robe on in the corner between rounds. The referee stopped the fight in the 10 round. Derek was taking a serious beating.

Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez up later.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject:

Estrada won over Chocolatito. Roman didn't start to fight until the 6th round by then it was too late. I had the fight a draw 114 114 but the win for Estrada was fair.

JUDGE'S SCORES 114-114 for draw, 115-113 and 116-112 for Estrada

Chocolatito is thinking about retiring.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject:

RIP Mills Lane.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Let's Git It On RIP

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Tank Davis is still undefeated. He TKO'd Hector Luis Garcia. Tank caught Luis with a right hand to the head that left him temporarily unable to see with his right eye.

I thought the fight was close. I think the unofficial scorecards only had Garcia winning 1 round. I had him winning 3.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject:

If you're ready for a snooze fest Adrian Broner 34-1 24 KOs vs Michael Williams 21 - 4 4KOs Sat 25th PPV

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I was watching some compilations from a YT chan called Bored Films. Sports comps, saw the ones on Hagler, Hearns, and Leonard. I gotta think Hagler was the best pure boxer of the trio because he beat Duran and Hearns in their primes and was practically never wobbly in the ring. They claimed he had extra muscle as padding in his helmet-shaped dome. The loss to Ray was as much psychological as anything. Ray drew him in as a pal to a degree. Leonard usually gets cited as GOAT of the 3, but I think he relied on the psych crap for an edge if he thought it was possible given the opponent. Hearns was also great and excelled in different weight classes and KO'd Duran, fan fave, always fought fiercely even in defeat. Many think his 2nd fight against Leonard called a draw was a screwjob, too. Those 3 are close to each other, w/ Duran in the mix as well, but tell me Marvelous Marvin isn't your #1 in the ordering. At least in terms of attributes in the ring. His paranoid ways probably didn't help him, but they were justified at the outset of his career w/ screwjobs and being passed over for title fights so much that a couple of Congressional New Englanders threatened an oversight committee.

Hearns one. At any rate, this YTer's content is well-cobbled and sourced.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:48 pm    Post subject:

The Broner vs Williams has been canceled. Williams suffered from what Williams father said was an unnecessary injury. Roy Jones was removed as Williams trainer.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject:

The Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury fight was a snooze fest. Tommy gave Jake a lesson in the art of pugilism. Jake went for the knock out. He didn't box much. He just threw haymakers.

aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury fight was a snooze fest. Tommy gave Jake a lesson in the art of pugilism. Jake went for the knock out. He didn't box much. He just threw haymakers.

I kinda enjoyed the fight. Tommy Fury was all over Jake Paul and it was somewhat entertaining. LOL
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Plant vs Benavidez

Plant vs Benavidez March 25th. It should be a good fight. I like Benavidez. Hope his mouth didn't write a check his ass can't cash. I'm glad my IPTV will carry the fight. I wouldn't pay $74.99

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Plant vs Benavidez

jodeke wrote:
Plant vs Benavidez March 25th. It should be a good fight. I like Benavidez. I'm glad my IPTV will carry the fight. I wouldn't pay $74.99

Tell me again what's IPTV?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Plant vs Benavidez

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Plant vs Benavidez March 25th. It should be a good fight. I like Benavidez. I'm glad my IPTV will carry the fight. I wouldn't pay $74.99

Tell me again what's IPTV?

Quote:

Internet Protocol television
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is a system through which tv services are delivered using the internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as a LAN or the internet, instead of being delivered through traditional terrestrial, satellite signal, and cable television formats.

I use Eminence. You have to use PayPay to subscribe. I get most PPV, NFL, NBA, latest movies and so much more for $25.00 monthly. If you want to prescribe I'll PM you instructions.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

I just tuned to my IPTV feed. Benavidez vs Plant is in the queue. I get to watch it for free.

Jamell Charlo says Benavidez is not a Real 168-Pounder. Needs to Fight at Cruiserweight

I want to see Benavidez fight Alvarez or Bivol.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 504, 505, 506 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 505 of 514
Jump to: