3%  [ 1 ]
OTHER (Explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject: OJ Poll

The Murders of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman were committed 30 years ago. OJ's death probably has some talking about the murders. I wonder if any have changed their minds about OJ's guilt, innocence, or involvement.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject:

NOT guilty?!?!
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject:

No one in their right mind thinks he's not guilty, jodeke.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

How do you determine who's in their right mind? Look how many people are voting for Trump.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Except the actual jury who decided the case. I didn’t spend much time on what was going on, I am not very well informed so I didn’t want to mess up your poll.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Except the actual jury who decided the case. I didn’t spend much time on what was going on, I am not very well informed so I didn’t want to mess up your poll.

Exactly. That was a jury of his peers.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Somehow I'm not surprised by the last two posts and who made them.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Somehow I'm not surprised by the last two posts and who made them.

Stop. I was joking. His peers thought he was guilty. Those weren’t his peers. I’m not saying he did it but if you have nothing to hide you don’t white bronco it.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:16 am    Post subject:

I watched the trial and the hours of analysis that followed. I was with both juries in that I predicted not guilty on the criminal trial and later guilty on the civil trial. I really think one's feelings on this correspond to one's feelings about law enforcement and specifically that in LA.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:53 am    Post subject:

OJ had help. Besides OJ someone knows what happened.
OJ Simpson Murder Accomplice Charlie Ehrlich Declassified Report

LINK GRAPHIC

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:10 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I watched the trial and the hours of analysis that followed. I was with both juries in that I predicted not guilty on the criminal trial and later guilty on the civil trial. I really think one's feelings on this correspond to one's feelings about law enforcement and specifically that in LA.

The OJ verdict was partially a response to Rodney Kings trial. OJ probably gets off regardless but the community that got OJ off was still healing.

Plus as mentioned. Those were not his peers. he was a rich guy who never stepped foot in LA once his SC days were over. His peers in all likelihood find him guilty. Santa Monica was more his peers and that's what happened there. Plus, allowing him to try a glove on with latex gloves already on was comedy even though the verdict was purely based on race and commercial appeal.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ribeye wrote:

The OJ verdict was partially a response to Rodney Kings trial. OJ probably gets off regardless but the community that got OJ off was still healing.

Plus as mentioned. Those were not his peers. he was a rich guy who never stepped foot in LA once his SC days were over. His peers in all likelihood find him guilty. Santa Monica was more his peers and that's what happened there. Plus, allowing him to try a glove on with latex gloves already on was comedy even though the verdict was purely based on race and commercial appeal.

The whole thing was a mess. You had jurors who were never going to convict for societal reasons. You had Judge Ito, who got sucked into the whole celebrity of it and allowed the trial to become derailed via ruling on admissibility that should never have been made. And you had DA Garcetti who basically doomed the trial by moving it to downtown LA rather than Santa Monica, which had jurisdiction. There certainly other factors and mistakes that contributed, but those were the biggest issues that assured a conviction was not going to happen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:12 am    Post subject:

I've forgotten how much time OJ did for his Vegas conviction. Off the top of my head, I remember him doing almost the whole 9. If fairness to the law that was too much time for a crime most did 6 months or probation. IMO that was, in a sense, payback. His co-defendant got 36 months. These times are remembrances. Probably not very accurate.

Edit; I researched and found OJ was sentenced to 33 years eligible for parole in 9. I think he did the whole 9.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've forgotten how much time OJ did for his Vegas conviction. Off the top of my head, I remember him doing almost the whole 9. If fairness to the law that was too much time for a crime most did 6 months or probation. IMO that was, in a sense, payback. His co-defendant got 36 months. These times are remembrances. Probably not very accurate.

wasn't oj the only one holding a gun in LV case?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Everyone here, or almost everyone here, is presumably a Laker fan. So we've all watched NBA basketball. We all know what a "make-up call" is. That's what the jury did in the O.J. case 2 years after the acquittal of the LAPD cops and the subsequent L.A. riots. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Everyone here, or almost everyone here, is presumably a Laker fan. So we've all watched NBA basketball. We all know what a "make-up call" is. That's what the jury did in the O.J. case 2 years after the acquittal of the LAPD cops and the subsequent L.A. riots. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

One of the jurors even admitted it:

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-juror-not-guilty-verdict-was-payback-for-rodney-king/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Edit; I researched and found OJ was sentenced to 33 years eligible for parole in 9. I think he did the whole 9.

OJ probably thought he was untouchable after getting a not guilty verdict. Anyone else would probably have stayed under the radar and disappeared. But you know he was used to the celebrity and limelight and couldn't stay out of trouble. It ended up to be his downfall as they got him for robbing his own merch.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OJ probably thought he was untouchable after getting a not guilty verdict. Anyone else would probably have stayed under the radar and disappeared. But you know he was used to the celebrity and limelight and couldn't stay out of trouble. It ended up to be his downfall as they got him for robbing his own merch.

IMO the sentence was a punishment for the non-conviction for Nicole and Ron.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

IMO the sentence was punishment for Nicole and Ron's non-conviction.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I think guilty but I also think Fuhrman was a maniac and is probably the reason why he was acquitted
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I have a reasonable doubt.

OJ was not Phi Beta Kappa - slashing two people to death, disposing of the murder weapon, bloody clothes, etc., and catching a flight at LAX 90 minutes later without leaving a ton of bloody evidence takes criminal genius or professional coordination.

I was told at the time by an LAPD detective that Jason (OJ's oldest son) did it.

THIS GUY AGREES:

Quote:
Dear has prescription bottles, blood vials, and clothing that he says belongs to his suspect: OJ Simpson's oldest son, Jason. Dear even has a Jeep that he claims belonged to Jason Simpson at the time Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman were murdered.

But Dear's biggest claim has to be that here, in Mount Calm, Texas, he has the murder weapon. He says the knife, which he believes matches some of the wounds on Nicole Brown Simpson, was inside a box that was left inside a storage unit. The unit was later auctioned off, says Dear, which is how the items ended up in his possession.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

^
To address the 2 posts above mine, first off, I think Fuhrman was a racist, yes. However, that pretty much has nothing to do with the case. You have blood evidence, DNA evidence. You can't just manufacture that. The science doesn't lie. It's not like the LAPD had vials of OJ's blood and they just found themselves at the crime scene and said hey, let's go to the lab and throw some of OJ's blood around and frame him! I mean, come on.

So to address the other point, we know for a fact that Simpson was there at the scene when the murders went down. FOR A FACT. So any other stuff that Cochran brought up at the trial (Fuhrman, the gloves "not fitting", Dr. Lee testifying that "something's wrong"), it absolutely should not constitute reasonable doubt unless Simpson himself provided an explanation for why his blood got there. Cochran brought up that other killers could have done it, the whole "Colombian necktie" thing, etc. But he never argued that Simpson himself was there and, say, tried to ward off the real killers and got injured in the process. (And then fled lol.) Absent this, I don't see how any rational human being could say that reasonable doubt was created. And I'm someone that 100% defaults to reasonable doubt. It could be 90/10 guilty and I'm inclined to believe in an acquittal. But yeah, his blood is there, and instead of explaining how it may have gotten there, they basically went for the "shoddy policework" defense and said you can't trust the DNA evidence.

Egregious, outrageous, preposterous!
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:45 am    Post subject:

Even if we agree that the prosecution and the judge made some errors, as was mentioned in numerous posts above, there was no reasonable doubt that he was guilty. Some people on that jury were determined not to convict him, even if the prosecution was perfect in the way they conducted the trial.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:14 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
To address the 2 posts above mine, first off, I think Fuhrman was a racist, yes. However, that pretty much has nothing to do with the case. You have blood evidence, DNA evidence. You can't just manufacture that. The science doesn't lie. It's not like the LAPD had vials of OJ's blood and they just found themselves at the crime scene and said hey, let's go to the lab and throw some of OJ's blood around and frame him! I mean, come on.

So to address the other point, we know for a fact that Simpson was there at the scene when the murders went down. FOR A FACT. So any other stuff that Cochran brought up at the trial (Fuhrman, the gloves "not fitting", Dr. Lee testifying that "something's wrong"), it absolutely should not constitute reasonable doubt unless Simpson himself provided an explanation for why his blood got there. Cochran brought up that other killers could have done it, the whole "Colombian necktie" thing, etc. But he never argued that Simpson himself was there and, say, tried to ward off the real killers and got injured in the process. (And then fled lol.) Absent this, I don't see how any rational human being could say that reasonable doubt was created. And I'm someone that 100% defaults to reasonable doubt. It could be 90/10 guilty and I'm inclined to believe in an acquittal. But yeah, his blood is there, and instead of explaining how it may have gotten there, they basically went for the "shoddy policework" defense and said you can't trust the DNA evidence.

Egregious, outrageous, preposterous!

You mention the blood evidence and the DNA evidence. Apparently, you did not watch the trial or you forgot Barry Scheck's examination. First, there was missing blood (about a quarter vile or so as I recall) from the time Fong gathered it until the time it arrived at the FBI. You combine the missing blood with the curious factor of the particular swatch that had OJ's DNA, and doubt occurs. Scheck demonstrated the numbering sequence of the blood swatches beginning in a low number around Nicole's door, progressing higher in the number sequence to the back gate and continuing back to the house: let's just say, numbers 1 through 25 to the gate and 26 to 50 back to the house. Then, the very last numbered swatch (let's just say 51) was found all the way back to the back gate (out of sequence so to speak)--was the one with OJ's DNA--as though this one swatch was (or could have been) gathered (or prepared) at a later date--you know with the missing blood.

Since the very beginning when detectives said the had to break into OJ's house by climbing the fence due to their concern that grave danger had occurred or was occurring (a requirement to enter without a warrant) based solely on a few drops of blood on OJ's driveway, OJ's team, upon questioning the detectives, suggested they lied about the grave danger aspect of their decision, beginning to question their motive that continued throughout the trial. With so much bad press about the LA law enforcement in general, that went well beyond Rodney King, as well as the personal experiences of many of the locals, believing that the police would plant evidence or would sweeten the evidence, was not a huge leap, especially when caught in a possible lie to begin the trial.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

not a fan of Steve Harvey but this quick interaction is a microcosm of today. Harvey v Cuba on oj

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: