QFTOS D12 Edition!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Mation wrote:
Very fitting video of Magic fan's reaction.

Win.

Agreed.

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
Celtics fans reaction to the Dwight Howard trade:

Close second. Maybe 3rd option
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject:

bodyrock wrote:
Quote:
Houston fans:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1189496&p=32996214#p32996214

@ the last post

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
bodyrock wrote:
Quote:
Houston fans:
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1189496&p=32996214#p32996214

@ the last post

The post above the last post is even better,...Planning to lure Bynum as a FA like they did with Lin!!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject:

The Rocket fans' meltdown on clutchfans is epic.

Skimming through the thread and seeing how their reaction changes over the course of 57 pages is fantastic.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=224832&page=57
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:

Skimming through the thread and seeing how their reaction changes over the course of 57 pages is fantastic.

You are so sadistic.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Now we'll really see if Mike Brown can coach...
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject:

SPURS FANS REACT

Quote:
I would roll my eyes but this is just the Lakers being the Lakers. They pretty much get whoever they want, whenever they want. That's what happens when you're the team 99% of players grow up wanting to play for (including Tim Duncan) while being in the best market ... so there's really no reason to be angry. Tbh, with their built-in advantages, the Lakers should win every NBA championship.

But, anyways, what are the ripple effects of this trade in terms of the Spurs? My first thought is it should be an even bigger priority for the Spurs to sign another center. I haven't liked what I've seen when Splitter tries to defend Howard.

Thankfully, Duncan does rather well against him, especially when you factor in both ends of the court. But it's undeniable that the Lakers are now much improved.

*sigh*

Quote:
The rest of the league is (bleep).

Quote:
The same idiots that lauded the CP3 to Lakers deal better have learned their lesson and rip ORL a new one for this deal. Just completely inept.

Quote:
The NBA is set up to screw the little market until the big name player from the small market leaves for a bigger market.....(bleep)!

Quote:
Well, look on the bright side. At least my favorite 2K team is now more ridiculously stacked than ever.

Quote:
When's the next lockout?

Quote:
Seriously why even give a (bleep) and have a league anymore? Might as well just have LA, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Boston in the league and that's it...
zenball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Not from a fan, but I hope you enjoy the humor in this one:

ESPN’s Ric Bucher Rips Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski Over Dwight Howard Trade Report, Then ESPN Reports the Deal is Close

Quote:
Bucher: “This trade has about as much of a chance as the previous 531 [trade rumors]. I know Dwight Howard is a hot topic, and I know that everyone is hot and bothered to get this story over with, but … and I’ll ask you guys … I’m always a little leery when talks are serious, but we don’t know who is going where.”

RobbDrop32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject:

zenball wrote:
Not from a fan, but I hope you enjoy the humor in this one:

ESPN’s Ric Bucher Rips Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski Over Dwight Howard Trade Report, Then ESPN Reports the Deal is Close

Quote:
Bucher: “This trade has about as much of a chance as the previous 531 [trade rumors]. I know Dwight Howard is a hot topic, and I know that everyone is hot and bothered to get this story over with, but … and I’ll ask you guys … I’m always a little leery when talks are serious, but we don’t know who is going where.”

I don't even understand why he has a job. Woj, Broussard and Stephen a. Smith are usually right and have reliable sources. Bucher is a joke and just speaks from his a$$
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject:

The funny part is, the Chris Paul trade got vetoed...
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject:

A Nuggets fan chimes in:
Quote:

Tell me how many wins we improve by? Did we seriously just trade a younger guy who does the D and 3 to perfection for a guy who sucks at shooting when we're already a bad shooting team?

Good job Denver. You just traded for a guy to lose to a team you helped get Dwight Howard.

If Orlando wanted Afflalo and Harrington, WHY DIDN'T WE TRADE FOR DWIGHT OURSELVES?
cinek92
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

This was not the way I wanted to wake up.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject:

ORL also got Harless a #15 pick, Vucevic, last year's #16 pick in the draft IIRC. They also got 3 other draft picks. That's basically 5 draft picks within 3 years. Plus Aaron Afflalo. While getting rid of a few longterm contracts with Richardson and Duhon.

Look not saying it's a good deal for ORL, but I would wait 2 years before I kill them on this. At first it looks awful, but lets see what players they draft, how the players they got pan out and what their team looks like in 2 years.

I don't think ORL wants to help the Lakers or anyone. They did this because they must think being in the lotto for 2 years will get them better in the longrun than Bynum.

To make a good comparison, I would see how Denver, Philly and Orlando shape up in the next 2-3 years. If in 2-3 years ORL is not a top 4 east team loaded with young talent, and Philly is, they made a big mistake passing on Bynum. I'd give them that time to see what they do, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject:

cinek92 wrote:
Quote:
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

This was not the way I wanted to wake up.

LOL U MAD?

!...
LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Mation wrote:
Very fitting video of Magic fan's reaction.

Win.

Agreed.

lmao! perfect
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:

You are so sadistic.

I did enjoy the read.
The Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject:

LOL wait till ESPN Countdown and Magic slurping the Lakers once again. I still remember Jon Barry two years ago, "All's the Lakers gotta do is pick up the phone and say Dwight L.A?" BWAHAH
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject:

The thing is they are doign what the Indianapolis Colts did. ONce their guy went down, they were content with sucking so bad that they got the first pick in the draft. This is what ORLANDO wanted to do. They want that number 1 pick, and in the short term its WORTH it. they suck so bad next year, get a good player. Following year, they still suck, but not as bad. Then they get another good player, plus all the firsts.

Its not a bad thought process really.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject:

Opinions are mixed in this thread on an OKC forum:

http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/showthread.php?9365-Lakers-West-Favorites-Now&s=87e8b41803aa52b8173e2cc48de98e45

Some Thunder fans are impressed with the moves, and others aren't. Here are some comments from the fans who aren't impressed:

Quote:
I'd say it just got harder if this was 5 years ago

Lol nash and kobe been in the league since I was losing baby teeth man..im in college now

Quote:
Lakers are a very old team and Thunder is a very young team they will get tire easily

Quote:
I disagree. The Lakers are a much improved team on paper. That's it at this point. They have never put this team of players in the same room together, much less out on the court. Meanwhile, the Thunder will return the same team that went to the Finals a year ago, a little bit older, with the core 4 having gained Olympic experience. Also with Maynor back. And Perkins is still going to be effective against the Lakers. Bynum and Howard are fairly similar offensively, so Perkins' role will be the same as it has been against LA. Unless the Lakers are going to run pick and roll with Nash and Howard exclusively (not happening with Kobe Bryant still collecting a paycheck), then Perkins will do what he does. Also don't forget the Lakers have very little bench to speak of. They are flawed, but all we're going to hear about from now until Opening Night is how great the Lakers are going to be and the Lakers-Heat Finals matchup, yada yada yada. We've heard it all before. Good news for Thunder fans is that they don't hand out any trophies in August.

Bottom line, the Thunder are proven, all returning, have great chemistry, and the core are still not in their prime years, and the Lakers are old-ish and have yet to mesh. Until evidence on the court tells us otherwise, OKC is still the favorites in the West.

Quote:
Lakers have some solid depth? Steve Blake, Jordan Hill, and a 36 year old Antawn Jamison? Lakers better hope their starters stay healthy and Kobe doesn't wear out from playing in the Olympics.

Unfortunately that thread was all I found. No wonder why I don't see any comments from Thunder fans in this thread.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject:

Comments from Heat fans:

Quote:
Is anyone else drooling over the thought of beating L.A...

by TRG on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:38 am

...in the Finals next season?

You guys realize how much that would solidify this team's legacy if they repeated by taking down one of the most stacked teams in Lakers history?

- LeBron prevents Kobe from getting his coveted 6th ring and truly proves his worth as one of the GOATs
- Nash and Howard remain ring-less
- Chris Bosh holds his own against the Howard/Gasol duo and solidifies his status as one of the best big men in the game
- Dwyane Wade gets his 3rd ring!
- Ray Allen gets his revenge on the Lakers
- The Miami Heat franchise would have 3 championships in the past 7 years

What do you guys think?
TRG
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=

Quote:
You don`t know how much, esp all these years with LA dominating, and having to go through all these arrogant LA fans. After the first christmas game I was looking forward to destroying them come the playoffs in 2011, but Dallas ruined it. Its going to be good to stop Kobe from winning chip nr 6, hopefully the tean dissolves after that with Howard skipping town (unlikely). Honestly I would be disappointed if we never met LA in the finals with the new Heat Era.

Here's a really weird post from another thread:

Quote:
I don't care about your Kobe vs Wade comparisons, I already know Wade is better so that's a non issue to me. The problem I have is you think Dwight Howard is the 3rd best player in the league? lol come on man. He has ZERO offensive post moves. He's the best big man in the NBA by default, because everyone else sucks. If he played in the Olajuwon/Shaq era he would have been the 8th best center in the league behind Olajuwon, Ewing, Mourning, Shaq, D. Robinson, Mutombo, and Rik Smits. Top 5 players in the Association are.....
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Rose
4. Wade
5. Melo

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1200161

Quote:
You're delusional if you think:
1) Dwight Howard has no reliable post moves
2) Rik Smits and Dikembe Mutumbo are better players than him
3) Rose and Melo are somehow superior players to Dwight Howard

No one should waste their time entertaining a discussion with an idiot/troll of this caliber.

And this is coming from someone who genuinely dislikes Dwight Howard. Even moreso after this pathetic Dwightmare that's been going on.

Quote:
I know I will get flamed for my top 5, but here it goes..

1) King
2) Durant
3) Rondo
4) Dwight
5) Wade

Other comments on the same forum:

Quote:
OKC is still head and shoulders the best in the west

by WadeInTheWater on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:44 pm

So i have no idea why any of you would be panicking just because they got Dwight. Why are some of you acting as if Kobe and Nash are in their mid 20's?

OKC's youth and athleticism will tear the Lakers apart. The reason OKC couldn't do to us in the Finals what they do to everyone else is because we are the only team in the league that can match them for athletic ability.

You're telling me the slow a$$ unit of Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Dwight and whatever scrub SF they put out can match what OKC will throw at them? NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

This league is all about speed. Heat and OKC will wipe the floor with the Lakers in the first regular season meetings wait and see.

Quote:
Better rethink the 'no center' philosophy...

by Riled Up on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:28 pm

With Dwight Howard going to the Lakers for peanuts, the Heat better address the center position.

BTW, how do the idiots like the Orlando GM get these jobs?

The Lakers get Howard for Bynum? Highway robbery, the Magic should have gotten Bynum, Gasol and Jordan Hill and it still would have been a good trade for the Lakers. The Magic didn't even get to dump Turkoglu's salary?

The Magic wind up with 3 average players and 3 late 1st round picks for the best center in the NBA, amazing!?!

The Orlando GM just made a fading Lakers franchise relevant for the next 7 - 10 years

Quote:
LA would still have to get past OKC, who have Perkins to defend Howard 1on1. Nash would still have to guard Westbrook and they have no one to guard Durant. Kobe is not the same. Mike Brown doesn't know how to use Gasol. OKC still has the upper hand.

Quote:
If you were building a team to beat the current Lakers with Howard

you would build the Thunder

now we can just hope the Thunder don't meet the Clippers (I think the Clippers match up well with them)

Quote:
They still have a lineup of Nash/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Howard with Hill/Jamison off the bench. I know we wouldn't have to see them until the finals but we need to address our big man concern. Just one that is long and plays DEFENSE. All I ask.

Quote:
All I know is our trapping defense isn't gonna be effective against LA. We really need a big defensive center who can battle Dwight.

Against us, Bosh brings Gasol out of the paint. They have no one to guard LeBron. Kobe can't guard Dwyane Wade effectively for long stretches and we've seen how he doesn't like going after Ray. Nash can't guard anyone. At least Wade makes it tough for Kobe. Our only dilemma is containing Dwight.

Quote:
If they had to give up Gasol too, it wouldn't have even been as bad but stick Bosh on one of them and who guards the other? Joel?

Quote:
Joel and Pittman Ewwww!

Quote:
Don`t worry I´m confident we can beat them. Healthy Wade vs Kobe and we throw Bron at Gasol, Bosh at Dwight (He actually plays pretty good against him) and try not to get ***** on the boards lol

Last edited by Steve007 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject:

This thread is all WIN! Keep the quotes coming...
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject:

some lines from my Nuggets fan/Laker hater:

"Screw D12, Nugs get Igoudala baby!!"

"How sad will laker fans be when they realize Howard for Bynum is a wash?"

"Lakers don't gain anything, unless you believe Howard is that much better than Bynum. Remember how good Kobe worked with the last superman?"

"Glad laker fans can overlook Kobe running one of the best centers of all time out of town."

"So the lakers traded away the one young star they had and they are all cheering? Glad the lakers have that time machine to when Nash, Kobe, Artest and Pau were in their prime."

"It's okay...expectations like these make the meltdowns even more fun."

"Maybe i am the idiot. But I actually think Bynum is a serious player. Sixers definitely lucked out there. But with all the old guys there, i foresee years like the nick van exel era again."

"I really like the way this lineup of Lawson, Iguodala, Gallinari, Faried and dumb ass Javelle McGee sounds. Always best to keep you stupid players away from having to have the ball in their hands too much"

man, is it wrong to pity fans of other teams?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject:

More comments from Heat fans in this thread:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1200595&start=15

Quote:
Wow, this is incredible BS. Orlando could have made a better deal just polling RealGM of what to do. Incredibly incredibly bad trade for them. I heard the draft picks are protected--wow.

We'll have some defensive trouble. Lebron on Gasol and Bosh on Dwight is giving up a lot of height. Dwight provides a great defensive anchor for them and Gasol can migrate out to Bosh so it's not as big of a deal.

OKC will still give them trouble, but OKC has quick penetrating guards and that's what Dwight is there for...nash setting up Gasol, Kobe, and Dwight? That's a monstrosity. I hope Wade doesn't suck a** like he did this past playoffs because whatever team comes out of the west will have to be a monster either way. There's no use crying over the center position at this point, if there was a good center that we could have gotten, we would have done it.

Quote:
Lakers can't stop OKC let alone the Heat, why are some of you worrying?

OKC over Lakers 4-1
Heat over Celtics 4-0

Heat v OKC going to game 7 and i can't pick the winner.

Haters should get used to it, this is a new era and the ones with all the championships and referee bias don't have it their way anymore. New sheriffs in town runnin this league for a while: KD/Westbrook/Harden, LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

Quote:
Remember we had problems with Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler in Dallas. Well Nash and Howard is Kid and Tyson on steroids.

Quote:
We are going to struggle for rebounds vs the Lakers and it will be difficult for us to guard Gasol and Howard. Jordan Hill and Jamison coming off the bench is an incredible.

I'm anxious to see who we sign or if we make a move before the season starts.

Having said all f that, we're still the best team in the NBA.

Quote:
One thing I still can't get over is how the Lakers pulled this off without having to give up Pau, you just have to tip your hat to Mitch and wonder what the F Hennigan is thinking.

Quote:
Told you guys.

Eat your "we dont need a center" crow now, I hope you choke on it.

Marcus Camby + Grant Hill looks a hell of a lot better now than Ray Allen + Rashard Lewis, don't it?

Quote:
Hennigan turned down the Nets offer which was much better than this.

He's a straight up loser.

Quote:
Camby and Hill DOES NOT look better then Ray Ray. we will make THEM adjust to us. pull D12 out of the paint with CB and force them to figure out a way to guard Lebron when he shifts to the 4 spot. just watch. all that "we need a center" crap was screamed when we met Indiana and OKC. and Lebron neutralized all of it. and Wade will be healthy again. it will be a highly competitive GREAT matchup that ANYONE can win but I will take my chances with our BIg 3 along with the other key core guys.

Quote:
The Lakers have benefited from some of the shadiest trades,in Basketball history..

Quote:
this post on the GB pretty much sums it up:

Quote:
I swear to god that I believe that small markets secretly work for LA

Quote:
We've never had a real center ever since the Shaq days and Dwight's never really given us trouble offensively. He has 1 30 point game in his career against us and 3 25 point games. In 23 of 32 games he's been held under 20.

Quote:
I am sick and tired of the Lakers super teams. They have been to the Finals how many times now since 2000? Enough. Send them to the lottery to rebuild for a few years. I am tired of looking at them.

and now Kobe gets to win another finals MVP by standing on the back of once again another all-star big man and I get to hear how overrated Kobe is again. It's just not fun. We need new blood.

Quote:
I just the first page of this thread, and I'm not going to read anymore.

Wish I could slap the hell out of some of you guys. We're the defending champs, stop acting like losers.

It's fine to say we should improve but people giving up before the season begins? That's weak.

Quote:
i couldn't possibly fathom that you wanted to go for marcus camby instead of ray allen as that is one of the most ridiculous, idiotic things i've heard on this board all summer. my bad. you can worry about the lakers all year long until they get bounced by okc.

Quote:
what the hell is a defending champ?
you get extra points to start the game for that? do you start with an auto 2-0 lead in an NBA series for that?

please
not only does LA have a decent bench now but they far and away have the most compatible/balanced superstar laden lineup in the league by a MILE

stop acting like MIA's trophy is going to mean anything come next year

Quote:
Anyone panicking is falling into the same stupid traps as last season. I've talked about this when the first Dwight to LA trade talks began, and my opinion hasn't changed one bit.

First, LA still has a serious problem with OKC:

- OKC didn't beat them up inside, they beat them on the break and with good perimeter shooting. Dwight might now be the fastest guy in the starting lineup for them, however, he's not stopping the OKC break. LA's perimeter D just got worse with the addition of Nash, as well.
- OKC has Maynor coming back, which means that sieve Fisher isn't going to be leaned on to stop someone like Nash. OKC defended the pnr well-enough against us when Thabo was playing. His length is disruptive, and they could well try playing him on Nash to give him headaches.
- OKC has a frontcourt that was able to handle Bynum+Pau. Dwight is no upgrade offensively over Bynum, so there's no reason to think they'll have more difficulty against Dwight+Pau on the interior.
- OKC's Big3 can't be stopped by anyone on LA. They can keep them out of the paint better now, but those 3 can just out-shoot you. The Thunder are bound to play Ibaka more at the 5 this season, and if he's got more confidence in his jumpshot, he can space the floor well for them. Plus, they are excellent at putting fouls on opposing players.

Assuming LA can get by OKC, they have a problem with us:

- We have a counter for Nash in the form of the best pnr defense in the league. With healthy Bosh, we trap and recover better than anyone. We can blitz Nash to get the ball out of his hands. That's where our defense will begin. This isn't prime Nash we're talking about. He's not a tough assignment like Rondo or Westbrook anymore. Rio's capable of defending Nash, and did a good job on him in the one game we played last season. On the other end, Nash is an awful defender. Any and everyone can get by him. They might have to try and hide Nash on Battier, because Rio and Wade will abuse him.
- Kobe is Old Snake. I'll ignore his awful play last season and in the Olympics, to give the Lakers a more fair matchup. Wade and Kobe nullify each other...at worst. Realistically, Wade gets the better of this matchup, though Kobe shoots enough he might outscore him. Wade will do more of the other things that help. Like, you know...defend and pass the ball. Kobe's a jumpshooter now. If we can get the ball out of Nash's hands, that makes Kobe the primary playmaker. We know Kobe only passes to Kobe.
- Lebron owns Metta's soul. Perimeter, paint and post. On the defensive end, Metta can expect a lot of open looks, as we're gonna dare him to beat us again. There's a strong possibility we put Shane on him defensively, though, since Bron has more size to deal with Pau. However, Bron and Shane rotate so much on defense, they'll be sharing the load.
- Pau is soft enough we front him in the post with Shane or Bron. Again, everything rides on getting Nash to give up the rock so we can make it hard for Pau to get the ball where he wants. With Dwight's inability to shoot, Pau will probably be out on the perimeter trying to space the floor. On the other end, we can take away some of the rebounding issues by forcing Pau to guard Shane on the perimeter. No way in hell LA puts Pau on Lebron. Lebron would kill him. Literally and figuratively.
- Dwight has to live in the paint on offense. Without his team of 3pt snipers, we can rotate quicker on defense. I don't think I'm crazy for saying that defending Dwight will actually be easier on LA, because we can actually double-team him without getting punished by a hail of 3s. Orlando was a (bleep) for that, and we had to pick our poison. When we can double Dwight, he's not very good. We'll need to, though, in order to not just limit him offensively, but also box out. It will help keep Bosh from getting in consistent foul trouble. On the other end, Dwight has to follow Bosh out to the 3pt line. There's no way around it. Bosh's 3pt stroke is one of the best things to happen to our team, because we're gonna make teams pay for camping in the lane.

I don't see any need for another center. I'd rather develop Hamilton, tbh. He's got size and can still shoot the midrange, which will, again, drag Dwight out of the paint.

We're so much better when we're small, I don't see why we need to adjust to other teams and play their game. Why get a traditional big and gift-wrap Dwight the paint? Why play into their gameplan? They need to adjust to us. They need to find an answer for our lineup. Our lineup of Wade-Ray-Bron-Shane/Shard/Haslem-Bosh is not only able to shoot efficiently from midrange and beyond, but can also rebound and defend. That's why we are successful going small, because we don't compromise a lot on defense or the glass, while gaining a huge boost in scoring. It's really thanks to Lebron and Shane who are SFs that can play the perimeter while still guarding PFs. We have arguably the most-versatile forwards in Bron, Shane and Bosh, and I don't see any reason to forsake that to put a **** stiff in there just because the old-ass Lakers got a guy we've faced more than anyone else in the league.

Sorry, I'm just not buying it. We're a great team...the best in the league. We're the reigning champs and we just got better. We have the best roster in the league. We're also deeper than the Lakers. Dwight is the best player on the Lakers, and is coming off back surgery. The next two best players on that team are both older than Wade. We'll have 3 of the best 4 players on the floor. WTF should we be worried about. I'll tell you how many f-cks I give about the Lakers...

...that many. PEACE.

Edit: A few more quotes:

Quote:
Somebody call the cops. Lakers getting away with robbery...!

Quote:
Dwight
33 year old pau
metta
34 year old kobe
39 year old nash

jamison
barnes
blake

vs

perkins
ibaka
sefolosha
durant
westbrook

harden
collins
back up pg

I still got the Thunder myself (plus Pau will be a goner at some point)

Quote:
WTF is this? Do the lakers just get a free reload BS trade every few years? This is worse than Gasol trade.

Quote:
Nash being 39 next year is irrelevant. He was second in assists last season and Kobe second in scoring. Call them "old" when they actually start playing like it.

I'm not too worried though. Their perimeter defense will be awful allowing our stars to attack the rim and get Dwight into foul trouble. Plus Kobe will have that alpha-male mentality and keep the ball out of their efficient players' hands.

Quote:
The Lakers may have Kobe and Dwight, but we have... LeGOAT in his prime form.

In all seriousness I'm not worried at all. We just won the title

srs about LeGOAT though.

Quote:
LeBron put up 38/8/8 against the Magic in the 2009 ECF. I don't think Dwight is going to stop him.

I think OKC still beats the Lakers. The matchups are just much better.

Westbrook will destroy Nash
Sefalosha/Harden vs. Kobe
Durant will Destroy Artest
Ibaka vs. Gasol
Perkins vs. Dwight ... Perkins was very effective vs. Dwight in Boston.

Quote:
What are you worrying about? Kobe and Nash are OLD. Infact not once did i say the Celtics were old because their class would always show but Kobe looks old at the olympics and Nash will be 39 by the time the post season comes around.

Not scared at all, Dwight chokes when it matters and Gasol is looking worse.

Heat are just hitting their stride and got a guy who doesn't need to do jack apart from shoot 3's which he happens to be the best in history at doing.....

Quote:
If the heat continue to play bosh at 5 and battier at 4 that takes both Dwight and gasol out of the lane on D. Nobody needs to freak, okc has the same size and we beat them.

Quote:
OKC's size though doesn't have hardly any offensive capability, especially compared to Pau + Dwight.

I think OKC can and probably will beat the Lakers. Perkins was made to guard Howard, and Ibaka can guard Gasol. OKC has no one to guard Westbrook or Durant, or even Harden. OKC has someone to guard everyone on the Lakers.

Quote:
Nash 39
Kobe 34
Artest 33
Gasol 32
Jamison 36

They are old.

Quote:
Joel working on his post defense. Dwight Coward, be afraid.

Last edited by Steve007 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject:

They're SCARED
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17
Jump to: