Better PF prospect coming out of College. Randle vs Griffin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Better PF prospect coming out of College. Randle vs Griffin

I'm curious but who is the better Power Forward prospect coming out of college Julius Randle or Blake Griffin? Blake probably had more explosion and Randle a better post game.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

freshman blake and freshman randle have similar numbers but sophomore blake>>>>>>>>>freshman randle
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Randle has more skills.

Blake had more athletic upside. He built himself in the weight room. Huge concerns about his perimeter touch, FT%, defensive rebounding.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I can't get a read on how effective a pro Randle will be, his upside probably could be Z-Bo but his wingspan concerns me. I've seen highlights where he has a good vert for a big but doesn't show it in games.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
I can't get a read on how effective a pro Randle will be, his upside probably could be Z-Bo but his wingspan concerns me. I've seen highlights where he has a good vert for a big but doesn't show it in games.

He makes up for wingspan with a bit more max vert effort.

As strong as Griffin is, he can't handle Randle.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject:

So are we saying a former #1 pick in the draft and a perennial all-star would go #5 or 6 in this draft? I think that's a stretch, no? Or is this draft that good?

If Blake coming out of college were in this draft, I wonder where he would go. I'd guess #2 behind Embiid. He had a lot of hype and his jaw dropping athleticism just made him impossible to pass over for any team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject:

i dont understand why randle is so highly touted.

i've watched some of him..whats special about him? hes not going to pan out against longer players in the nba
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

i've watched some of him..whats special about him? hes not going to pan out against longer players in the nba

Kenneth Faried motor/strength with actual basketball skills in the low post, high post, and touch.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
So are we saying a former #1 pick in the draft and a perennial all-star would go #5 or 6 in this draft? I think that's a stretch, no? Or is this draft that good?

If Blake coming out of college were in this draft, I wonder where he would go. I'd guess #2 behind Embiid. He had a lot of hype and his jaw dropping athleticism just made him impossible to pass over for any team.

Aaron Gordon is the prospect closest resembling Griffin.

He's #6.

The difference between his freshman and sophomore year in terms of strength and athleticism were tremendous.

LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Kenneth Faried motor/strength with actual basketball skills in the low post, high post, and touch.

a more skilled slightly less athletic kenneth faried? hmm..not my type
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Really?

LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Randle would be nice in a Lakers uni too. I wish we could get 2 lottery picks in the top ten.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Considering that Faried has made a living just on athleticism and motor alone, you think a similar type player with much more advanced offensive skill is not your type?

He's going to be a stud.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if Randle fell to the Lakers at the current spot 6/7. I truly believe the best guards will be gone before the Lakers pick (Exum and Smart) Which leaves Randle for the taking.

The Bucks front court has solid potential. No Superstars, but they might be better served on the wing for Milwaukee. They would be better served going with Parker or Wiggins as the #1 over Emblid simply because they have good quality young bigs already who are developing and continuing to get better. Henson, Sanders & Illaysova are all young athletic bigs with upside and bright futures. They have Knight and Mayo on in the back court, but no solid #3 so, I'm guessing Parker over Wiggins knocking Emblid to the #2 Spot.

IMO it's all about team needs in the Top 5 spots and putting clubs together that mesh well. The bucks have a ton of young talent, but they don't have a coach to guide and manage that talent, so they'll be in the same position next year unless they get a good coach.

The Lakers should end up with a pick in this draft maybe two if they make the trade with Phoenix!
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject:

I agree. I believe we will end up with either smart or Randal
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

TheElectronica wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Considering that Faried has made a living just on athleticism and motor alone, you think a similar type player with much more advanced offensive skill is not your type?

He's going to be a stud.

I'm just a little skeptical. only time will tell though. will just have to wait and see how he pans out
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

I feel like Randle will end up as a Paul Milisap or Al Jefferson type player - a good, fairly versatile player who is good on bad teams, but is not a franchise player/game changer/superstar. I do feel that he is a pretty safe pick, and at his best, will be Blake Griffin/Demarcus Cousins type talent, but even so, I don't see him as the anchor of a championship winning team for the Lakers - maybe just an important piece of the puzzle.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I think if he can get ZBo's jumper, he will be unstoppable on offense.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
TheElectronica wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

He's going to be a stud.

I'm just a little skeptical. only time will tell though. will just have to wait and see how he pans out

That goes for any player.

You don't think the rest of the prospects have question marks? If you watch Parker move laterally it is painful how slow he can is. Or the fact that when he played against multiple NBA athletes in the Syracuse game, he was stuffed at the rim multiple times. Wiggins is just a jumpshooting one directional slasher at this point who disappears offensively. Embiid is raw. Smart can't shoot and isn't the fastest point guard, and seemingly can be out of control when his team loses.

No one thought Aldridge or Kevin Love were exactly going to be franchise changing power forwards either. Just because Randle doesn't have all world athleticism or length does not mean he doesn't have great upside. He's still a very, very good athlete. Just not elite. But it's hard to find a more skilled big man than Randle. How many guys have his post game and face up skills? With that agility and finishing ability? He does have upside and it is very short sighted to say he doesn't. No one says that about Parker, who imo, has even worse tools defensively.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Sold.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Randle gets a lot of Zbo comparisons, but Randolph's lack of effort on the defensive side doesn't compare. Randle actually moves his feet and helps on defense. A lot will come down to how he is used. If they can get him to focus on his post game and quick step away, as opposed to camping out for the jumper he would complement Kobe very well. I've got him with Exum in competition for the #4 spot.
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject:

I finally got to see a Kentucky game. I like to see a player at least 3 times before I make judgment but I liked what I see in Randle. He was a little leaner and taller than I imagined. Just watching him bringing the ball on the middle on the fastbreak and pass off without charging was impressive. He also showed some passing skills in the half court and he rebounded well in a crowd. He did hit a three from the top the circle. I know he as limited amount of shots and makes out there but he had a nice arc to the shot and probably could develop it over time. He didn't look like somebody that could block a lot of shots. I wouldn't mind having a Julius on the team already have enough Jordans.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

I like Randle a lot. He reminds me more of Derrick Coleman than Z Bo. He's a much better athlete than Z Bo. And not as good a post player. Randle would give us possibly the best PF in Lakers history (if you consider Pau a C). I'd say his upside is Karl Malone. I want to come out of the draft with one of the big 5:

1. Embiid
2. Wiggins
3. Parker
4. Exum
5. Randle

Then, sign a solid player that fits in with the player we draft. Stephenson is the one I want. Then, make sure you have enough to have about 20 million under the cap to pursue Gasol, Hibbert, and Love next year. Then, the following year after Kobe is done, go hard for Durant.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Randle reminds me a lot of Lamar Odom when facing up and in the paint area. Lamar never really used his length around the rim, opting for his jump hook. Though I get the Randolph comparison due to his ability to score from below the rim at awkward angles.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the Lakers Randle....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: