JavaScript forcing App Store open from one of the ads

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: JavaScript forcing App Store open from one of the ads

Makes the browsing experience near impossible on ios. Takes about 10 reloads of a page until one time the JavaScript doesn't open and then I can actually see the page.

It opens to dragon city, deer hunter, insert random game here. I'm not the only one experiencing it either.

I'm fine with advertisements that make the site money but this makes the site near impossible to navigate as it is forcing me to different website or to the App Store on my iphone.
Beige Taipan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: JavaScript forcing App Store open from one of the ads

kobedagoat wrote:
Makes the browsing experience near impossible on ios. Takes about 10 reloads of a page until one time the JavaScript doesn't open and then I can actually see the page.

It opens to dragon city, deer hunter, insert random game here. I'm not the only one experiencing it either.

I'm fine with advertisements that make the site money but this makes the site near impossible to navigate as it is forcing me to different website or to the App Store on my iphone.

Can we fix this please!!!!!

--Jerry West
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: JavaScript forcing App Store open from one of the ads

Beige Taipan wrote:
kobedagoat wrote:

Can we fix this please!!!!!

DB is the one that will have to look into this, which he will when he gets back.

Any more information you can provide will be helpful. We specifically opt out of any of the more annoying ad types (pop ups, video, audio, etc.) so rogue ads that are redirecting you are definitely not something we want.

In the meantime, if you need to run adblock software or turn off Javascript on LG, feel free to do so.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

This is a huge problem and makes the site impossible to view from an iPhone. Please fix this. It's been about a week since I first noticed it.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I keep getting it on my desktop using Chrome. It navigates to some page telling me to download a Java executable and then automatically downloads it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Just got off the trail after 8 days and no internet access for more than a few minutes. Can you guys let me know what ads are showing when this occurs?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: